Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:11:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 115278 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #320 on: April 07, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »

IRON MAIDEN's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"The IRON MAIDEN shows in Western Canada have now sold every available ticket in each market in just four days. The band encourages any non-ticket holders to check back in a couple weeks and just before the show as production releases may become available when the stage has been set in each arena, check with your local box office or www.ironmaiden.com for further updates. Even if some tickets may have to be stamped with a slightly restricted side view, fans will still be able to experience the incredible communal atmosphere of a MAIDEN concert."

Commented vocalist Bruce Dickinson: "We are truly overwhelmed by this response, especially as some of these cities we haven't played in 20 years!! Being Brits we are always very comfortable with Canadians and it will be a great pleasure to get back on the prairies again. It was always a LOUD response there! We look forward to this immensely and hope to give you all a show to remember."

MAIDEN's North America leg of the global "Somewhere Back in Time World Tour 08" starts in Texas on May 21 and ends on June 21 somewhere in Canada. The band already circled the planet in its customized Boeing 757 flown by vocalist Bruce Dickinson taking them to 23 sold out shows in 10 countries in 45 days and a distance of almost 50,000 miles, making it an average of a major show every alternate day with each one an average of about 2,000 miles apart. Following the North America leg, the band will undertake an extensive tour of stadiums and major festivals around Europe, by the end of which they will have played to some one and a half million fans.

On May 13, EMI will release the "Best of .....1980 - 1989" album, aptly entitled "Somewhere Back in Time" and featuring 14 classic tracks from this period.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2008, 07:36:40 AM »

yeap I was there, def one of the best gigs I've ever been... i'm still looking for some recording from that awesome show
and for GNR don't worry, they will be here as soon as they release CD  beer

Have fun waiting.......

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2008, 10:19:08 AM »

British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN kicked off the second leg of their "Somewhere Back In Time - World Tour 08" Wednesday night (May 21) at the Verizon Wireless in San Antonio, Texas. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Aces High
02. 2 Minutes to Midnight
03. Revelations
04. The Trooper
05. Wasted Years
06. The Number of the Beast
07. Can I Play With Madness?
08. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
09. Powerslave
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Run to the Hills
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-------------------------
14. Moonchild
15. The Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #323 on: May 22, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »

That's awsome seeing how gnr, motley and maiden among many others... have done so well in the great white north looks like Canada still love their Rock n' Roll.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2008, 02:13:33 AM »

Anyone going to the concert in MSG on Sunday???

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2008, 07:26:29 AM »

Anyone going to the concert in MSG on Sunday???

Yeah I'll be there. 2nd time I am catching them on this tour. I can't wait.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2008, 10:01:35 PM »

I m flying in from FL. Is there a cool place close by to go hang out b4?? anything but SNITCH.. It was cool b4 GNR but, I'd like to go somewhere different this time

05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #327 on: June 14, 2008, 12:31:17 PM »

I m flying in from FL. Is there a cool place close by to go hang out b4?? anything but SNITCH.. It was cool b4 GNR but, I'd like to go somewhere different this time

Normally my friends and I take the train in from Jersey whenever we go to NY. At penn station theres a carvel ice cream shop that sells big cans of beer for $2. we generally pre-game there to save some cash when were drinking at the venue lol

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Chief
Legend

« Reply #328 on: January 21, 2009, 10:41:27 PM »

Iron Maiden make first ever movie
Iron Maiden headline the final day at Download Festival 2007 Pic Danny North
'Flight 666' follows the band's 2008 tour

Iron Maiden have announced details of their first ever feature-length documentary, to be released in cinema's worldwide on April 21.

'Iron Maiden: Flight 666 - The Movie' follows the band's 2008 'Somewhere Back In Time Tour', which saw them play to nearly half a million fans across the world.

Camera crews were given exclusive access to the band, and footage includes singer Bruce Dickinson flying a specially customised Iron Maiden jumbo jet to each destination.

Despite singing at 23 shows in 45 days, Dickinson also piloted the Boeing 747 - christened Ed Force One - for much of the trip.

The band's crew and equipment also travelled on the plane.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2009, 10:56:16 PM »

Damn it.

Pop sensation MILEY CYRUS has blasted critics who branded her a "poser" for wearing heavy metal T-shirts, insisting she is a true IRON MAIDEN fan.
The Hannah Montana star has been spotted donning an assortment of rock shirts in recent months, including an Iron Maiden tee on Saturday (17Jan09).
But the star is adamant she is actually a follower of the British metal band - and isn't just wearing the garment to look cool.
In a video posted on clip-sharing website YouTube.com, Cyrus says, "I'm sure you all have seen me rocking an Iron Maiden shirt lately and I know there's been some people saying, 'Oh, she's a poser,' and 'The only reason she's wearing Iron Maiden is because she wants to be a rock star.'
"So, Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills, Fear of the Dark, Running Free, (all) good song(s), check it out. So thank you, guys. I actually do like Iron Maiden."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2009, 11:01:30 PM »

Damn it.

Pop sensation MILEY CYRUS has blasted critics who branded her a "poser" for wearing heavy metal T-shirts, insisting she is a true IRON MAIDEN fan.
The Hannah Montana star has been spotted donning an assortment of rock shirts in recent months, including an Iron Maiden tee on Saturday (17Jan09).
But the star is adamant she is actually a follower of the British metal band - and isn't just wearing the garment to look cool.
In a video posted on clip-sharing website YouTube.com, Cyrus says, "I'm sure you all have seen me rocking an Iron Maiden shirt lately and I know there's been some people saying, 'Oh, she's a poser,' and 'The only reason she's wearing Iron Maiden is because she wants to be a rock star.'
"So, Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills, Fear of the Dark, Running Free, (all) good song(s), check it out. So thank you, guys. I actually do like Iron Maiden."

What the fuck, Miley?  Nothing off of 'Powerslave'?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2009, 01:08:27 AM »

i still think she isnt a major fan!!!!

Damn it.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »

woah, she knows a few hits, that's a die hard right there Tongue
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »

woah, she knows a few hits, that's a die hard right there Tongue

UP THE IRONS MILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(up the what now?)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #334 on: March 15, 2009, 01:15:13 PM »

I saw Iron Maiden yesterday, here in Rio de Janeiro, as part of their "Somewhere Back in Time Tour".

I got front row, right in front of Steve Harris and Janick Gers, I had a blast!

The best thing was that the band brought to Brazil THE SAME SHOW they put out in Europe, with the same pyro but with a better setlist!

Best show of my life!  beer

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2009, 12:53:23 PM »

So what if Miley likes Maiden, even my niece likes maiden and Milie Cirus what's the big deal?? leave the people alone.
Also last tuesday I saw them here In Ecuador Cheesy here's a picture with my father in law  hihi

And here with my future wife jejejeje but she doesn't know it yet  hihi

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:57:40 AM by Mr. Dick Purple » Logged

No man can be my equal
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #336 on: December 09, 2009, 09:21:50 AM »

sitting here listening to them, not a big fan but as miley (Wink) the hits are pretty damn good so thinking about trying to get into them..

anyway, it's pretty much 99% confirmed that they'll headline the sonisphere festivals next summer, it'll be revealed later this day
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #337 on: December 09, 2009, 10:16:02 AM »

sitting here listening to them, not a big fan but as miley (Wink) the hits are pretty damn good so thinking about trying to get into them..

anyway, it's pretty much 99% confirmed that they'll headline the sonisphere festivals next summer, it'll be revealed later this day

IMO Brave New World from 2001 is one of there best albums

gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #338 on: December 09, 2009, 03:53:06 PM »

'Powerslave', 'Seventh Son of A Seventh Son' and 'Brave New World' would be my recommendation. drool My favorite band ever.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2010, 09:59:38 AM »

http://www.ironmaiden.com/images/northa520.jpg  peace

05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL