Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:33:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  im tired of people bashing steven
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: im tired of people bashing steven  (Read 36907 times)
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« on: August 05, 2005, 04:49:13 PM »

why does everybody seems to hate steven? he was the drummer in appetite, a multi million selling record of guns n roses...he wrote songs and he was fired because he gave heroin to axl?s girlfriend. man, they were all doing hard drugs at that time. he wasnt playing good at that time? maybe but maybe that was the "official" reason and the truth is that axl fire him because of the heroin thing. if you see metallica?s "some kind of monster" dvd there is a part when dave mustaine is talkin with the psycho guy and lars ulrich and he tells lars how it was a bad thing fired him and lars cry...i really think that dvd have a lot of bullshit in it but dave had a point there and i remember steven because he was threaten (spell?) like dave...dave was fired because of alchol abuse and that was shit! look james went in rehab a couple of years ago! so alchol abuse of dave?fuck that! the same with steven...

"look steven you are using to much heroin and you are out of the band"
"but we are all using heroin"
"yeah but you are out anyway"

steven can play...he is a great drumme...i saw him a couple of years ago here in argentina with gilby clarke and during sweet child the pedal of the bass drum broke and a roadie replace it and durinf that thing he didnt miss a single tick of time he is a fuckin clock and he can play exelent...

stop bashin steven show some respect to the guy

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 04:59:49 PM »

People bash him because he's pathetic

He still takes drugs, never gets any new material out there and generally fails to convince anyone he's got any brain left at all

I love the guy for his GNR stuff and always wish him the best - but u can't hide from the truth forever

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 05:37:22 PM »

People bash him because he's pathetic

He still takes drugs, never gets any new material out there and generally fails to convince anyone he's got any brain left at all

I love the guy for his GNR stuff and always wish him the best - but u can't hide from the truth forever

Gotta agree with Izzy.  I love the guy, but its very sad to see the shape he's in.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
usurper
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 08:42:30 PM »

Why do people hate him? Why do you ask? I'll tell you why

1. Because he is a whiny little bitch
2. He still does drugs
3. He mutters, stumbles and blunders his way out of conversations
4. He is Jewish (some people might find that annoying, if you're anti-semitic, whatever...)
5. He bashes Axl (thats our job!)
6. He's a moron
7. He spent 50 million dollars on drugs
8. He sued GNR
9. He's a wash-up
10. He used to prostitute himself for drugs
11. He plays covers of GNR even though he was fired over 15 years ago
12. He was fired
13. Steven was dumb enough to give Evin Everly a speedball (a mixture of cocaine and heroin)
14. She nearly died
15. He's an asshole
16. He's trapped in the 80's
17. He has crap looking hair
18. He's got a fucked up nose
19. He's depressing when you hear him talk
20. His drumming is nothing special
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 01:20:56 AM »

I'm with you on everything except numbers 16 and 20.  In regards to 16, nothing wrong with being stuck in the 80's.  I'm stuck there, and I wasn't even 5 years old when they ended.  And with #20, I definitely disagree.  His drumming was special, and definitely contributed to GN'R's sound.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 06:32:10 AM »

2. He still does drugs
4. He is Jewish (some people might find that annoying, if you're anti-semitic, whatever...)
6. He's a moron
8. He sued GNR
9. He's a wash-up
12. He was fired
13. Steven was dumb enough to give Evin Everly a speedball (a mixture of cocaine and heroin)
14. She nearly died
15. He's an asshole

Ursurper: Wow, and this was your describtion of the original drummer for your favourite band, would love to see you describe a member of your least favourite band?

PS: It sucks to say so much crap about a person who havent done anything directed to you personally by the way...

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
usurper
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 06:33:25 AM »

Ok then, tell me 20 things you love about Steven Adler
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 08:09:06 AM »

1. Because he speaks his mind
2. He still does softdrugs just like Matt Sorum
3. He's speaking straight from the heart
4. He is a human beeing
5. He bashes Axl which he has a right too. (who doesn't?)
6. He's a good guy
7. He spent 50 million dollars on drugs while the other ex-GN'R member spended it on booze
8. He sued GNR just like Slash, Duff, Izzy, Gilby and Matt
9. He's picked himself up from the gutter again and started a band
10. He used to prostitute himself for drugs cause drug addicts do weird things.
11. He plays own songs of GNR which he helped writing just like Axl did
12. He was fired just like a few other members because Axl's a wuss
13. Steven was dumb enough to give Evin Everly a speedball is just a rumour, you don't know what happened
14. She nearly died cause she accepted the drugs that where given to here
15. He's a funny guy
16. He's trapped in the 80's which shows in everything he does. He's released and played more new material then Axl.
17. He has crap looking hair, got a picture of yourself usurper?
18. He's got a fucked up nose,got a picture of yourself usurper?
19. He's struggling when you hear him talk cause of several strokes he had, like millions of people in the world
20. His drumming is original with a great groove which gives the songs their push and feel
usurper
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 01:26:12 PM »

4. He is a human beeing
6. He's a good guy
7. He spent 50 million dollars on drugs while the other ex-GN'R member spended it on booze
13. Steven was dumb enough to give Evin Everly a speedball is just a rumour, you don't know what happened
15. He's a funny guy
16. He's trapped in the 80's which shows in everything he does. He's released and played more new material then Axl.
19. He's struggling when you hear him talk cause of several strokes he had, like millions of people in the world
20. His drumming is original with a great groove which gives the songs their push and feel

My reply:

1. Thats his problem, he does not know when to stop speaking his mind...
2. Yeah, but has Matt Sorum ever collapsed on stage, passed out in recordings or prostitured himself for drugs? No...
3. Again, thats his problem...
4. So are 6 and a half billion other people, what your point?
5. He bashes Axl because he firmly believes that he was fired by Axl and not the band (it was the bands decision, Axl just went with the flow)
6. Not really.
7. Yeah but did any of the other members ever go broke? Lose their wives because of their addictions and all their memories?
8. Yeah but they had a good reason, Steven sued them because he said they turned him onto drugs even though he was using heavy drugs before he joined the band
9. No he hasn't. His band ins't well known, most of the players dont think they belong there and they just play covers
10. Yeah, but few would suck a big throbbing one
11. But did he write any lyrics? No.
12. No he was fired because he was so hooked on drugs he could not play the drums anymore
13. Do you know Steven personally? And why was Evin Everly sent to hospital for a drug overdose? Why did all the members say that Steven gave her a speedball?
14. Are you sure about that? She could've been asleep, or drunk or something
15. Yeah, people laugh AT  him, not with him
16. Yeah, all covers.
17. No I don't, but I dont have blond hair which is all tangly
18. No, but mine hasn't been broken before by drug dealers because I couldn't pay my drug debts (another Steven example)
19. All of strokes were self-induced, the one he has in 1991 (I think) was because of a speedball
20. But it is pretty simple to play, Matt Sorum learned all the songs in 2 weeks
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 01:27:55 PM by usurper » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 02:43:12 PM »

After taking a second look at your little list there, there are several other points I disagree with.  You really make a lot of assumptions that you can't back up.  Also a lot of the stuff you list is stuff that other band members did as well.  Why do you really dislike Steve Adler?  Did he run over your dog or something?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
James_Ramone
Headliner

Right next door to hell

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 07:17:51 PM »

come on give adler a break, im not his biggest fan in the world and hes done and said some dumb stuff, but at least hes out doing something, his new EP is decent enough, and hes touring. Axls the one clinging to the guns n roses name if anybody is

and whats Axl up to these days? Huh??

Fuck all, thats what

G'N'F'N'R's
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »

Wow I never knew that people could be so cruel and evil to a person they dont know.? I really hope that none of the guys ever read these posts, imagine how heartbreaking it would be to read, that supposed fans of a band you helped create, feel such hatred for you.? ?Cry

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
makane
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 03:27:24 AM »

Haha, usuper is such a moron. he thinks he knows every little thing that happened in the band, when he actually doesnt know shit. maybe when you grow up a bit, you realise what kinda shit youre talking about a guy who you haven't even met.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
usurper
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 05:09:03 AM »

Haha, usuper is such a moron. he thinks he knows every little thing that happened in the band, when he actually doesnt know shit. maybe when you grow up a bit, you realise what kinda shit youre talking about a guy who you haven't even met.

Tell me Mr. Makane, how do you know I have never met him? Can you read my thoughts?

Wow I never knew that people could be so cruel and evil to a person they dont know.  I really hope that none of the guys ever read these posts, imagine how heartbreaking it would be to read, that supposed fans of a band you helped create, feel such hatred for you.   Cry

Sorry, just my opinion...

come on give adler a break, im not his biggest fan in the world and hes done and said some dumb stuff, but at least hes out doing something, his new EP is decent enough, and hes touring. Axls the one clinging to the guns n roses name if anybody is

and whats Axl up to these days? Huh??

Fuck all, thats what

Axl has every right to cling onto the name, he owns it and while I may not agree with what he is doing to it he will never really listen to his fans, now will he?

After taking a second look at your little list there, there are several other points I disagree with. You really make a lot of assumptions that you can't back up. Also a lot of the stuff you list is stuff that other band members did as well. Why do you really dislike Steve Adler? Did he run over your dog or something?

No he did not run over my dog, please tell me what you disagree with...
makane
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 08:34:28 AM »

'cause you wouldve mentioned it already. and even if you wouldve met him for 10 seconds, does that mean you know him well enough to do such accusations...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 12:18:00 AM »

4. He is a human beeing
6. He's a good guy
15. He's a funny guy

i totally agree with you

the 98% of the people who met steven think he?s a great guy...he?s an amazing person.
also slash prostitute too remember the article, they do it for the money because they didnt have a job and izzy once said that when steven left all the groove was gone and he not wanted steven to leave. izzy recorded with him a couple of songs listen to them, listen to dawn of the farm from farm aid...he couldnt play? fuck that! he surely can play and by the way...what do you have against drug addicts? matt still do drugs slash still do drugs izzy still do drugs gilby do drugs duff cant because he have enough drugs in his body to kill keith richards and axl...mmm...well....
and what do you have against drug addicts anyway? you are a fuckin robot dont you? you did everything mum and daddy wanted dont you?
if steven gave erin a speedball was because she asked him too, you dont give a speedball to your singer?s girlfriend if she dont want to.
he plays covers?mmmm...didnt axl do a tour makin covers of guns n roses songs? fuck if he call guns n roses his band....it?s the axl rose project, i see more guns n roses in velvet revolver..sory but the band its the music and beside 4 or 5 songs that axl gave to us that aren?t as good as they have to (because chinese democracy will be the best rock album ever in axls words). so, usurper, i think you are an idiot. stop bashing steven, he is an incredible guy.
thank you

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 05:07:14 AM »

also slash prostitute too remember the article, they do it for the money because they didnt have a job

I dont recall this.  Perhaps you can quote the article in which this was stated?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

also slash prostitute too remember the article, they do it for the money because they didnt have a job

I dont recall this.? Perhaps you can quote the article in which this was stated?

As far as I remember it's in Steven's book. I agree that Steven lost 99% of his brain, and some people can make lists why they don't like/hate Steven, but hey, he plays on AFD and was a member of GN'R when it was a band.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 05:03:50 PM »

Your whole list is basically BS, Usurper.  I could make a list like that for any member of GN'R if I wanted to.  Everybody has flaws.  Steven has many, but so do the rest of the guys that were in GN'R to quote Mikka, "when it was a band".  Axl's never said stupid shit in his life?  Or Slash or Duff?  They've all said stupid shit.  They've all done stupid shit in regards to drugs and other substances.  Duff has come closer to death than any other member besides Slash of course...who actually did die.  Your whole list is hypocritical.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 01:57:33 AM »

2. He still does drugs
6. He's a moron
8. He sued GNR
9. He's a wash-up
12. He was fired
14. She nearly died
15. He's an asshole

hahaha man, that is the funniest thing I have ever read in this board, Honestly I dont think you are being serious. Those are obviously your personal reasons why you hate him, but even like that you repit insults more thatn 4 times, leave the man alone!!! anyway you are funny man...  ok

@;---,----.------,------------- TPR

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: