Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  im tired of people bashing steven
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: im tired of people bashing steven  (Read 36909 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 02:07:57 AM »

And on a serious note guys, STEVEN ADLER is a human being, who deserves respect like everyone else,  he is an excellent guy, even when I have never met him in my life,  but I read an interview of him about  the early gnr years, and the interviewer asks him to say something as a farewell and he might have said shit, like Axl and Izzy  did -- jiberish --  but instead of it, he says:

" I have something nice to say. Do anything you want as long as you think good, and do it for yourself. You can do anything!" Steven Adler

Now if you have the time or the will to read it completely, here it is:

http://www.duffmckagan.net/ripmay87.htm

I hope you enjoy it, and understand this Guys, Steven Adler, is something special...

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 06:21:46 AM »

Steven Adler rocks man, i just wish he'd move on n' do somethin' different thats all...

i think he's a great drummer....

just one question..........how do you guys know he still does drugs?HuhHuh?

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 02:27:47 PM »

Steven Adler rocks man, i just wish he'd move on n' do somethin' different thats all...

I believe he admitted he still smokes weed in a recent interview.  And according to those who toured with him on the Bad Boys Of Metal Tour last summer, he's still doing some hard stuff.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 02:41:22 PM »

He admitted about smoking pot in an interview, but also said that's it... Nothing else.

But in my opinion even pot is a stupid thing to do
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 01:16:37 PM »

I don't know if he is dumb or a brain damage, but he was and still is my fave GNR drummer, I know he didn't do locomotive, or the intro of you could be mine, but as simple as it sounds his drumming was way more better than any other drummer would do on that.  peace
People that talk shit about Steven just take it as are their opinions, cause I know there's a lot of people out there that thinks that he is a great person no matter what other guy say  ok
Rock on Steve!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 09:49:49 AM by Mr. Dick Purple » Logged

No man can be my equal
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 01:58:03 PM »

yeah, I agree it gets tiresome.  the dude is an original member and he contributed to their sound like any other original.  that's a fact.  Axl people hate him simply because he was the first to go, that why they hate him more than they hate Slash and Duff.

I don't know if he is dumb or a brain damage, but he was and still is my fave GNR drummer, I know he didn0t locomotive, or the intro of you could be mine, but as simple as it sounds his drumming it was way more better than any othe drummer would do on that.

actually Steven recorded "Locomotive" as a demo.  its out there on bootlegs.  He also recorded numerous other UYI songs that are on some demos floating around.  they sound good.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 02:50:09 PM »

The drum intro of You Could Be Mine was written by Duff, Matt said in a '93 MTV GN'R in Athens video special. And Matt just played on UYI, he didn't wrote the drumtracks of the songs
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 02:51:47 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 09:54:52 AM »

yeah, I agree it gets tiresome.  the dude is an original member and he contributed to their sound like any other original.  that's a fact.  Axl people hate him simply because he was the first to go, that why they hate him more than they hate Slash and Duff.

I don't know if he is dumb or a brain damage, but he was and still is my fave GNR drummer, I know he didn0t locomotive, or the intro of you could be mine, but as simple as it sounds his drumming it was way more better than any othe drummer would do on that.

actually Steven recorded "Locomotive" as a demo.  its out there on bootlegs.  He also recorded numerous other UYI songs that are on some demos floating around.  they sound good.

Cool that is something I didn't know, but it sounds with the variations of rythims and stuff??  Shocked

The drum intro of You Could Be Mine was written by Duff, Matt said in a '93 MTV GN'R in Athens video special. And Matt just played on UYI, he didn't wrote the drumtracks of the songs

Shocked Sometimes I feel so ignorant as the matters of GNR  Sad

No man can be my equal
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 11:15:53 AM »

Cool that is something I didn't know, but it sounds with the variations of rythims and stuff??? Shocked

Pretty much.  All the demos with Steven pretty much sound the same.  Sorum may have changed a thing or two but for the most part he did not write, he just followed the outline Steven already wrote.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2005, 02:49:41 PM »

Cool that is something I didn't know, but it sounds with the variations of rythims and stuff??  Shocked

Pretty much.  All the demos with Steven pretty much sound the same.  Sorum may have changed a thing or two but for the most part he did not write, he just followed the outline Steven already wrote.
That's just great i feel very happy now  Cheesy, deep down I felt that song sounded a bit different than Matt's drumming not that Matt is a bad drummer but I don't know it's just weird and the drumming kick ass  ok

No man can be my equal
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2005, 05:28:09 AM »

And on a serious note guys, STEVEN ADLER is a human being, who deserves respect like everyone else,? he is an excellent guy, even when I have never met him in my life,? but I read an interview of him about? the early gnr years, and the interviewer asks him to say something as a farewell and he might have said shit, like Axl and Izzy? did -- jiberish --? but instead of it, he says:

" I have something nice to say. Do anything you want as long as you think good, and do it for yourself. You can do anything!" Steven Adler

Now if you have the time or the will to read it completely, here it is:

I hope you enjoy it, and understand this Guys, Steven Adler, is something special...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://www.duffmckagan.net/ripmay87.htm

Yeah - Although 99% of us dont agree with what he is doing to himself - he is a person and an ex-drummer in our fave band!! So we cant sit there and bash him all the time.... He's made some misteaks (who hasn't) so I rekon we should sorta... move on.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
usurper
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2005, 01:24:47 PM »

He's said it in interviews, he still does pot and mushrooms...
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2005, 10:57:44 PM »

He's said it in interviews, he still does pot and mushrooms...

Here is what Steven said.....(I found this on either a VR site or a Steven site)

QUESTION: Are you sober now?

STEVEN: No, and I've never claimed to be.? I still like a drink once in awhile, and a cigarette, and I still smoke a joint every now and then.? But I don't do the hard stuff.? Heroin and cocaine make me useless.
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2005, 12:48:08 AM »

ok...what?s the diference in take drugs or not?
he is steven adler he can do what ever he fells like, he can sleep all day and take drugs nly just because he is rich and he dont have to do nothing...and he is still trying to put a good band to rock again,,,he needs the right people...
long live rock and roll steven!

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 04:20:09 PM »

I guess Steven Adler is not that bad of a person no more(if everything we heard was true) , but he seem to be on the same page with Slash and Izzy now. I 'm never going to believe the prostitution part for drugs, I think it's a straight up-myth.  So really, I don't mind Steven Adler at all.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 09:47:36 PM by SuperMike » Logged
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 04:30:38 PM »

I 'm never going to believe the prostitution part for drugs, I think it's a straight up-myth.

The "myth" was told by Steven himself. It was in an interview for Classic Rock I believe.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2005, 11:04:52 PM »

The "myth" was told by Steven himself. It was in an interview for Classic Rock I believe.

Yep, Steven said it himself, but you know what?  Who cares?  Steven is probably the millionth rock star to have prostituted hinself for drugs and other things.  When Steven and Slash first started a band back in 1984-85, they said they went around fucking girls in return for food and a place to stay, so that's prostitution unto itself.  Rock stars may not talk about such things much, but they do it.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 02:52:49 AM »

Steven may have done some fucked up shit, but he's still a good dude at heart.  He took time out of his day to respond to an e-mail I sent him a few years back.  Also I've met him a couple times and he was real cool to me and my friends.  He's a class act...he's just made some serious mistakes along the way.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2005, 11:42:38 PM »

Steven rocks  beer
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2005, 10:56:37 AM »

I 'm never going to believe the prostitution part for drugs, I think it's a straight up-myth.

That's the part I think nobody should believe cause he's been so fucked up that I think he doesnt even know what the hell was true or not.
Ok, let me be naive  Roll Eyes

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: