Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash The Liar?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash The Liar?  (Read 62623 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2005, 02:21:01 PM »

Yeah, and Axl lies when he tells us there's gonna be an album.

So is it your position that there will be no album? There has never been a release date for this project. He has made comments which can be construed as wishful thinking but they were not outright deceptions.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2005, 02:23:39 PM »

Wow, it gets lamer & lamer here everytime i check this thread. It's amazing there's actually people in the world getting worked up cause some guitar player in some band have slightly differing statements on his health issues like a decade ago. Or that he said some cd only has a couple of finished songs or something like a few years ago. I must be the worst person on earth then, cause this morning i told my wife that i didn't buy a soda when i went to get the morning paper, but i actually did! i guess in the eyes of jarmo & slowdave i'm a habitual liar. I guess they also believe axl found out about that european tour online after a GNR tour was booked without his knowledge. That ones a classic! hihi

Prove that Axl knew about the tour. If you cant then how do you know Axl was lying? You really think if Axl was going to lie about it, he would not have came up with a better excuse?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2005, 02:25:25 PM »

Wow, it gets lamer & lamer here everytime i check this thread. It's amazing there's actually people in the world getting worked up cause some guitar player in some band have slightly differing statements on his health issues like a decade ago. Or that he said some cd only has a couple of finished songs or something like a few years ago. I must be the worst person on earth then, cause this morning i told my wife that i didn't buy a soda when i went to get the morning paper, but i actually did! i guess in the eyes of jarmo & slowdave i'm a habitual liar. I guess they also believe axl found out about that european tour online after a GNR tour was booked without his knowledge. That ones a classic! hihi

I have no idea if he has lied or not. I don't know what happened when the band split; these seem to be the pivotal issues on which the two sides have continuously spared. Slash's account of the breakup has changed but I feel at times he doesn't remember or is being purposely simplisitic because of who is interviewing him. It is annoying that he can in one breath suggest that everyone contributed to the break up and in another blame it entirely on Axl; but being human, it is obvious he hasn't found peace with the band's breakup. This is why I believe the possibility of a reunion will always be in the cards.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2005, 02:28:03 PM »

So is it your position that there will be no album? There has never been a release date for this project. He has made comments which can be construed as wishful thinking but they were not outright deceptions.

No, but there was a tour called the "Chinese Democracy World Tour".  There was also millions of dollars pumped into this project of Axl's.  I think that's more than wishful thinking.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2005, 02:29:17 PM »

No, but there was a tour called the "Chinese Democracy World Tour".  There was also millions of dollars pumped into this project of Axl's.  I think that's more than wishful thinking.

Axl never said the album was going to follow directly after or during the tour. He said that they would back in the studio and finish up the album AFTERward.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2005, 02:29:40 PM »

Booker how is there more to support Slashs comment than disprove it? Slash lied about that plain an simple. Brian May said a few years ago Axl had 2 or so albums done with vocals.? Over the last few years people have said Axl has the vocals 90% done yet slash claiming Axl only has a few songs with vocals on it is MORE? You just keep showing your true colors and you cant admit that slash LIED about knowing this for a fact.?

Well, the obvious is that theres no album. ?Doug Goldstein was quoted 5 years ago saying the album was what, 99% finished musically and 80% vocally. ?I think its safe to say that wasnt true. ?As for the album thats supposedly coming out, I dont know how many vocals are finished, but it certainly wasnt ready for release 10 or so months ago when Slash made those comments, and surprise...its not ready now. ?I think its presumptuous of Slash to state he knows something like that "for a fact," but I dont know who hes talked to to make such a statement.

Booker how am I lying about the horn thing?

You claim that Ive denied that Slash has said whatever you claim hes said. ?Ive never done that, and I challenge you to find where I have.

I am really curious about this one. Like I said just becaues the article is not posted online anymore does not mean anything. When it was brought up last time a bunch of people backed me up and said they remember reading slash say that. So again you lose. Even falcon knows its true but he won't admit it since I cant find the quote again.

All Ive ever asked for is the quote. ?

The "you lose thing" is looking pretty desperate, by the way.

And your dave the liar comment again just proves what I keep saying. When you are proven wrong you take the route of personal shots. Again its your M.O.

Huh

How did you not lie? ?You claimed that you only found out about this thread from a post in the GNR section (which was posted today), when you actually posted in this thread nearly a week ago... hihi ?That looks a lot like a lie to me, and by the standards youre holding Slash to, I cant help but think you would agree. ?Its pretty funny that in your attempts to convince us of what a liar Slash is, you expose your own pretty spectacular display of dishonesty. ?But maybe you can better explain... ok

We have given you points where Slash has lied and changed his story. So booker just give it up. Slash is a liar its that simple.

Where have you given these points? ?

Like I said anytime slash (or duff) are caugh lying they just cry they were misqouted but its funny they keep telling the lies until they are caught yet its funny that they were misquoted that many times in that same lie. So in a sense they are again lying that they were misquoted which even further proves how slash (and duff) are liars.

confused

So are you going to keep stalling?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2005, 02:30:21 PM »

Axl also said the album wont be out anytime soon at the VMAs a few  years ago.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2005, 02:34:12 PM »

Booker how is there more to support Slashs comment than disprove it? Slash lied about that plain an simple. Brian May said a few years ago Axl had 2 or so albums done with vocals.  Over the last few years people have said Axl has the vocals 90% done yet slash claiming Axl only has a few songs with vocals on it is MORE? You just keep showing your true colors and you cant admit that slash LIED about knowing this for a fact.

Well, the obvious is that theres no album.  Doug Goldstein was quoted 5 years ago saying the album was what, 99% finished musically and 80% vocally.  I think its safe to say that wasnt true.  As for the album thats supposedly coming out, I dont know how many vocals are finished, but it certainly wasnt ready for release 10 or so months ago when Slash made those comments, and surprise...its not ready now.  I think its presumptuous of Slash to state he knows something like that "for a fact," but I dont know who hes talked to to make such a statement.

Ummm, if you believe there is no album, there is no middle ground for argument. I believe there is enough evidence from the players and managment that the album does exist, in some completed or nearly completed form.

There is no evidence however that slash knew what he was talking about; he is most definately out of the loop and may be receiving second or third hand information about what is going on. Don't assume that someone not connected to the project has any answers. there is a huge difference between not ready for release and 'only three songs with vocals.'
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:36:26 PM by killingvector » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2005, 02:39:41 PM »

Booker how is there more to support Slashs comment than disprove it? Slash lied about that plain an simple. Brian May said a few years ago Axl had 2 or so albums done with vocals.? Over the last few years people have said Axl has the vocals 90% done yet slash claiming Axl only has a few songs with vocals on it is MORE? You just keep showing your true colors and you cant admit that slash LIED about knowing this for a fact.?

Well, the obvious is that theres no album. ?Doug Goldstein was quoted 5 years ago saying the album was what, 99% finished musically and 80% vocally. ?I think its safe to say that wasnt true. ?As for the album thats supposedly coming out, I dont know how many vocals are finished, but it certainly wasnt ready for release 10 or so months ago when Slash made those comments, and surprise...its not ready now. ?I think its presumptuous of Slash to state he knows something like that "for a fact," but I dont know who hes talked to to make such a statement.

Booker how am I lying about the horn thing?

You claim that Ive denied that Slash has said whatever you claim hes said. ?Ive never done that, and I challenge you to find where I have.

I am really curious about this one. Like I said just becaues the article is not posted online anymore does not mean anything. When it was brought up last time a bunch of people backed me up and said they remember reading slash say that. So again you lose. Even falcon knows its true but he won't admit it since I cant find the quote again.

All Ive ever asked for is the quote. ?

The "you lose thing" is looking pretty desperate, by the way.

And your dave the liar comment again just proves what I keep saying. When you are proven wrong you take the route of personal shots. Again its your M.O.

Huh

How did you not lie? ?You claimed that you only found out about this thread from a post in the GNR section (which was posted today), when you actually posted in this thread nearly a week ago... hihi ?That looks a lot like a lie to me, and by the standards youre holding Slash to, I cant help but think you would agree. ?Its pretty funny that in your attempts to convince us of what a liar Slash is, you expose your own pretty spectacular display of dishonesty. ?But maybe you can better explain... ok

We have given you points where Slash has lied and changed his story. So booker just give it up. Slash is a liar its that simple.

Where have you given these points? ?

Like I said anytime slash (or duff) are caugh lying they just cry they were misqouted but its funny they keep telling the lies until they are caught yet its funny that they were misquoted that many times in that same lie. So in a sense they are again lying that they were misquoted which even further proves how slash (and duff) are liars.

confused

So are you going to keep stalling?

Booker you do know the band scrapped most of the first album right? Dizzy even said in an interview a few ?months ago most of the songs are newer ones that were not on the first idea for the album or something to that effect.

OH so you like falcon also know slash said it was HIS idea for the horn section yet still ask me to find the quote. That just again shows what kind of person you are and shows you that slash is a liar.

And I m not looking desperate at all since you know what I said is right, the fact is ?you just wont admit you also remember slash saying that. You know how bad that makes ?you look right? That ?you have always said oh find the quote etc etc when in fact you also read the same article. Wow booker just Wow.

As for me lying, this thread was sent to my IM last week thus that is how I found out about. The link was again posted and brought to my attention the thread was still going. Also what about the other people that did not know about this thread until it was linked on the other page? OH yeah that is such a lie ?booker.
Again you really need to learn what ?a lie is.

You are looking really bad in this thead. You should really just quit before ?you lose the tiny bit of cred you have left.

As for me staling, I and Jarmo have given you prove that slash has lied, and even you know he has by knowing slash said it was his idea for the horn section.

So booker, I really dont see why you are claiming I am staling. You have gotten your prove, so deal with it.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2005, 02:40:56 PM »

Are you serious? You are really going to stick with that position because frankly it undermines your credibility.?

How is my position anything less than logical?

Fact: I dont know how many vocals are actually finished for Axls upcoming album. ?

Fact: I dont know how Slash claims to know about the subject.

So considering these facts, I just cant say whether or not Slash is lying, can I? ?I know some have claimed Axls laid down a lot of vocals, I know others have claimed the opposite. ?And Im sure plenty of vocals have been laid down over the past 12 years or so...but when it comes to the actual album thats supposedly coming out, who really knows how many vocals were completely finished when Slash made that comment, which I believe was nearly a year ago.

See, I really, honestly did not want to turn this into an anti-Axl thread, or "Axl the liar," but lets say I pointed to an interview in which Axl said that everybody loved and supported "My World," and point to another in which Izzy claims to not have even known that it was going on the album, would Axl be a "liar?" ?Its not about labeling Axl a liar, because I dont and never have. ?But its about seeing if the ones who call Slash a liar are willing to hold Axl to the same kind of standard. ?Of course I know the answer to that, but Id like to bring attention to the hypocrisy.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2005, 02:41:41 PM »

Axl never said the album was going to follow directly after or during the tour. He said that they would back in the studio and finish up the album AFTERward.

Here is what Axl said at the 2002 VMAs while being interviews by Kurt Loder.

KL: Is Chinese Democracy going to come out? ?Are we going to see it soon?

AR: Umm, you'll see it. ?I don't know if soon is the word. ?But it'll come out, and then we'll go back and do some more recording, and then start an American leg of the tour, and see how it goes from there.

I have it on tape, so that is 100% accurately quoted. ?So Axl's wording was very ambiguous on whether he meant that the album may come out before or during the tour. ?Either way, it wasn't (as you claim) clear that he meant they wouldn't finish it until afterwards.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »

Are you serious? You are really going to stick with that position because frankly it undermines your credibility.?

Fact: I dont know how many vocals are actually finished for Axls upcoming album. ?

So considering these facts, I just cant say whether or not Slash is lying, can I? ?I know some have claimed Axls laid down a lot of vocals, I know others have claimed the opposite. ?And Im sure plenty of vocals have been laid down over the past 12 years or so...but when it comes to the actual album thats supposedly coming out, who really knows how many vocals were completely finished when Slash made that comment, which I believe was nearly a year ago.

See, I really, honestly did not want to turn this into an anti-Axl thread, or "Axl the liar," but lets say I pointed to an interview in which Axl said that everybody loved and supported "My World," and point to another in which Izzy claims to not have even known that it was going on the album, would Axl be a "liar?" ?Its not about labeling Axl a liar, because I dont and never have. ?But its about seeing if the ones who call Slash a liar are willing to hold Axl to the same kind of standard. ?Of course I know the answer to that, but Id like to bring attention to the hypocrisy.

Yes you can when everyone else that has heard the album said axl is just touching up some vocals. Tommy, Richard, and Dizzy all said Axl sounds great on the album and the songs are amazing. Thus meaning he has more than a few vocals done.
So again slash lied which ever way you look at it.

As for your quote, you could look at it this way, that izzy was lying that he did not know it was going to be on the album.
Oh but of coarse you dont think in that way do you, it always has to be axl.

Also, they could all love the song and still not know it was going to be used for the album.
Again you dont think in this way, I am not sure why but its  your fault not ours.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2005, 02:53:45 PM »

Yes you can when everyone else that has heard the album said axl is just touching up some vocals. Tommy, Richard, and Dizzy all said Axl sounds great on the album and the songs are amazing. Thus meaning he has more than a few vocals done.

Yeah but dude what I think Booker is saying is that (as you said) axl is "touching up vocals".? If he is touching up vocals, then they aren't complete.? Complete is when you're done, as in finished, as in ready to do the next song.

Hell I don't know how Slash knows that or if Slash knows that, but you can't say he's lying because there isn't any proof that he isn't telling the truth.? If anything, the fact that the chaps you mentioned (in Axl's band) saying that Axl is "touching uo vocals" is more evidence that he doesn't have the vocal tracks complete.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2005, 02:59:26 PM »

Yeah but dude what I think Booker is saying is that (as you said) axl is "touching up vocals".? If he is touching up vocals, then they aren't complete.? Complete is when you're done, as in finished, as in ready to do the next song.

Hell I don't know how Slash knows that or if Slash knows that, but you can't say he's lying because there isn't any proof that he isn't telling the truth.? If anything, the fact that the chaps you mentioned (in Axl's band) saying that Axl is "touching uo vocals" is more evidence that he doesn't have the vocal tracks complete.

Wrong. Slash said that axl only has vocals for  a few songs meaning only a few songs have vocals on them. Slash did not say Axl is still working on vocals like he could have.  Slash lied plan and simple.  As for axl touching up vocals, they are there but slash was claiming axl had none save a few songs.

Huge difference.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2005, 03:03:21 PM »

Here is what Axl said at the 2002 VMAs while being interviews by Kurt Loder.

KL: Is Chinese Democracy going to come out?  Are we going to see it soon?

AR: Umm, you'll see it.  I don't know if soon is the word.  But it'll come out, and then we'll go back and do some more recording, and then start an American leg of the tour, and see how it goes from there.

I have it on tape, so that is 100% accurately quoted.  So Axl's wording was very ambiguous on whether he meant that the album may come out before or during the tour.  Either way, it wasn't (as you claim) clear that he meant they wouldn't finish it until afterwards.

How does that contradict what I posted? He never said it was going to come out during or immediately after the tour. Ero, how can you or anyone else claim he lied about when the album was coming out. He never said when it was coming out.

EDIT: ok I see the hair you are splitting. I responded to whether or not Axl lied about when the album was coming out. Clearly if you read that quotation, Axl makes no promises about when it is going to drop. None.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 03:11:03 PM by killingvector » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2005, 03:04:40 PM »

Ummm, if you believe there is no album, there is no middle ground for argument

I meant the obvious is that theres no tangible album, no released material. ?Of course it exists in some form, I wouldnt argue otherwise. ?To what extent is something that I dont know. ?Is it possible that at the time nearly all of the music was done, and only a few vocals were laid down? ?Im not arguing that it is, Im simply stating a fact: that none of us know enough to determine how true false the comment is, much less whether its a lie or not.

As for me lying, this thread was sent to my IM last week thus that is how I found out about. The link was again posted and brought to my attention the thread was still going. Also what about the other people that did not know about this thread until it was linked on the other page? OH yeah that is such a lie ?booker.
Again you really need to learn what ?a lie is.

hihi

So you actually read and posted in this thread a week ago, and a week later bring up the fact that you "didnt know about it?" ?You said you got here "via a link in the GNR forum," which was today...but now youre claiming you actually got here from a PM, which was a week ago. ?The implication in todays post was that you had no clue about this thread until the link was posted in the GNR thread today, but the fact is you knew about it a week ago. ?Come on...

As for me staling, I and Jarmo have given you prove that slash has lied, and even you know he has by knowing slash said it was his idea for the horn section.

So thats it? ?Youre conceding that this is the proof on which you base the "Slash the liar" routine? ?First of all, the instance Jarmo pointed out 1.) Was brought to light long after you decided Slash is a liar and 2.) Doesnt have anything to do with "Slash lies to try and put Axl in a bad light and make him look like the bad guy or an asshole."

I dont recall the quote about the horns, or even the quote from "Behind The Music" at this point. ?Ive just asked to see them.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2005, 03:08:22 PM »

Are you serious? You are really going to stick with that position because frankly it undermines your credibility. 

Fact: I dont know how many vocals are actually finished for Axls upcoming album. 

So considering these facts, I just cant say whether or not Slash is lying, can I?  I know some have claimed Axls laid down a lot of vocals, I know others have claimed the opposite.  And Im sure plenty of vocals have been laid down over the past 12 years or so...but when it comes to the actual album thats supposedly coming out, who really knows how many vocals were completely finished when Slash made that comment, which I believe was nearly a year ago.

See, I really, honestly did not want to turn this into an anti-Axl thread, or "Axl the liar," but lets say I pointed to an interview in which Axl said that everybody loved and supported "My World," and point to another in which Izzy claims to not have even known that it was going on the album, would Axl be a "liar?"  Its not about labeling Axl a liar, because I dont and never have.  But its about seeing if the ones who call Slash a liar are willing to hold Axl to the same kind of standard.  Of course I know the answer to that, but Id like to bring attention to the hypocrisy.

If people connected with the project say that there are completed songs with vocals then that overrides whatever slash says becuase the man is not a reliable source for what is going on with Gnr. \

Richard and Tommy  stated last year that they heard finished tracks. There should be no more question about the veracity of Slash's comment.

I don't know whether slash is lying or not becuase he would have to know the truth to formulate a lie. No one here knows one way or another. He could just be ignorant and too dense to realize that making statements like that make him look foolish.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2005, 03:16:54 PM »

If people connected with the project say that there are completed songs with vocals then that overrides whatever slash says becuase the man is not a reliable source for what is going on with Gnr. \

Richard and Tommy? stated last year that they heard finished tracks. There should be no more question about the veracity of Slash's comment.

Are you positive that those members heard more than three tracks?  After all, that could very well consitute "a few" in the eyes of Slash, or whoever informed him.

I don't know whether slash is lying or not becuase he would have to know the truth to formulate a lie. No one here knows one way or another. He could just be ignorant and too dense to realize that making statements like that make him look foolish.

I dont think he looks very foolish because 1.) Again, nobody knows the facts and 2.) A year later, still no album or even a release date.  Or even a tentative release date.  Like I said, it could have very well been a presumptuous statement...but to know that wed have to know the facts of the matter, and who told him what.  Therefore, my position is the only logical one.  Its Daves position thats poorly-reasoned and incredible.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2005, 03:21:24 PM »

Richard and Tommy  stated last year that they heard finished tracks. There should be no more question about the veracity of Slash's comment.

Are you positive that those members heard more than three tracks?  After all, that could very well consitute "a few" in the eyes of Slash, or whoever informed him.

I dont think he looks very foolish because 1.) Again, nobody knows the facts and 2.) A year later, still no album or even a release date.  Or even a tentative release date.  Like I said, it could have very well been a presumptuous statement...but to know that wed have to know the facts of the matter, and who told him what.  Therefore, my position is the only logical one.  Its Daves position thats poorly-reasoned and incredible.

I am just referring to my own memory, but the report was that they heard 'the album'.  Whether or not it was changed since then is anyone's guess.

I think it does make him look foolish because he sounds embittered and mocking. If axl is the asshole that everyone claims, slash needs to take the high ground and not take petty shots like this which are realistically baseless.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2005, 03:31:20 PM »

Wow, it gets lamer & lamer here everytime i check this thread. It's amazing there's actually people in the world getting worked up cause some guitar player in some band have slightly differing statements on his health issues like a decade ago.

This year: 2005AD
The cancelled Snakepit shows: 2001AD
Difference: 4 years
A decade = 10 years.

Maybe you should learn how to count before you post your pointless whining?

You should also look up the definition of "worked up". Booker asked for an example, I gave him one that I happened to find while looking for something else. You seem to take these things way too seriously.

When you withhold information and don't tell the whole truth, you're not being honst. When you're not honest, then you could be considered a liar and/or a dishonest person. That's my opinion.

If you personally think that's a fine personal trait, that's your opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: