Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash The Liar?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash The Liar?  (Read 63313 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2005, 12:08:25 PM »

Actually Jarmo, now that I think about it, it does sound kind of familiar....

Another thing. How can you prove Axl is lying regarding the Snakepit songs?

Maybe it went down like this:

Slash: Hey Axl, here's a bunch of songs we can do for the next album. 
Axl: No, I don't want to do them. They're not done yet, we need to work on them some more.
Slash: Ok, I'll record them then. 

(later)

Axl: Where's the songs? 
Slash: You said you didn't want to record them so I did with my own band. 

1995:
Slash: Axl didn't want to record the songs, so I took them and did it myself.

2002:
Axl: Slash didn't want to work on his material.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=15389.msg273383#msg273383

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2005, 12:08:46 PM »

Slash a liar? I think he's too busy writing hit records, touring the world, having kids, playing star-studded events, making videos, doing interviews, etc...., etc.... to sit around making up lies.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2005, 12:14:21 PM »

in short, you started this thread just to accuse "Dave and others" of not giving the proof? What a thread?

I started this thread to find exactly what this "Slash is a liar" myth is actually based on.  Its been said often on here that all Slash does is lie, and I would have expected this thread to contain more examples of that if that were te case.  You figure with all of interviews over the years in which Slash has done nothing but lie, there would be tons of evidence to present.  But instead the most legit lie so far is Slash downgrading the life-threatening medical problems that cut his tour short.  So is that "Slash the liar?"  Is that it? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2005, 12:23:39 PM »

Now you come across as somebody who's trying to defend his actions. Oh wait, that sounds familiar.? hihi

And similarly, you come across as somebody whos trying to dodge the points that were made.? But what else is new?

Points?

I'm not gonna arge about Slash lying or not lying.

You wanted examples of when he has lied, I posted one and then I'm supposed to discuss it with you because you don't think he actually lied (just with held information)?

No thanks.

Actually Jarmo, now that I think about it, it does sound kind of familiar....
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=15389.msg273383#msg273383

How does that sound familiar?

We don't know exactly what happend between Axl and Slash in 1994/95. I posted a possible scenario of what could've happened and if it did happen that way, then how would that make Axl a liar.

You on the other hand go on and start telling us how Slash really didn't lie because he might've had pneumonia too. Even after he admitted he had a serious drinking problem and that was the reason for the cancellation.

Now, if Axl said "Sure, I lied about Slash" and I still posted that, then you might have a point.

So I'm not gonna argue about whether or not Slash lied. I've seen the press release from 2001 and then his quotes from 2004. To me that's lying, maybe it's not for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2005, 02:25:48 PM »

How does that sound familiar?

We don't know exactly what happend between Axl and Slash in 1994/95. I posted a possible scenario of what could've happened and if it did happen that way, then how would that make Axl a liar.

Yeah, you created an entire scenario to defend what Axl "possibly" did.  I didnt go to that extent, granted, so maybe theyre not that similar.  What I did do is look at the context of the supposed lie you provided, as well as the context of this thread.  I determined that the example you gave doesnt really do much for the "Slash the liar" myth, and explained why.  I also asked what I think is a pretty valid question: are you positive that Slash didnt just withhold information?  Is it impossible that he had penumonia and alcohol poisoning?  Im not arguing that he did, and Im not arguing that his statement wasnt somewhat dishonest, Im saying that sometimes theres more to a story than whats in a news report (something I think youve agreed with before), and Id like to know that kind of thing before i conclusively call something a flat-out lie.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2005, 02:54:28 PM »

Slash on TSI
"I love recording like this, means Slash. During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!"
That's just too bad. He shouldn't have said that.  Undecided

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2005, 03:11:17 PM »

Yeah, you created an entire scenario to defend what Axl "possibly" did.?

Just like you did by saying "what if he withheld information".

I didnt go to that extent, granted, so maybe theyre not that similar.? What I did do is look at the context of the supposed lie you provided, as well as the context of this thread.? I determined that the example you gave doesnt really do much for the "Slash the liar" myth, and explained why.? I also asked what I think is a pretty valid question: are you positive that Slash didnt just withhold information?? Is it impossible that he had penumonia and alcohol poisoning?? Im not arguing that he did, and Im not arguing that his statement wasnt somewhat dishonest, Im saying that sometimes theres more to a story than whats in a news report (something I think youve agreed with before), and Id like to know that kind of thing before i conclusively call something a flat-out lie.

I agree with that.

But I still think it's a lie. Because you're not telling the whole truth......

But everybody does that, so it's just not Slash. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2005, 12:44:08 AM »

In reading through all of this, I think Booker Floyd has made his point, here, and made some very good points, and I think he's right.  As far as the pneumonia/alcohol poisoning situation,  he probably did have pneumonia, as well.  Even if he didn't, why would he want to admit to having alcohol poisoning?  Would anyone? How many times do you hear about celebrities being hospitalized for "exhaustion" - what the fuck is that?  (think Eminem).  I just don't know where this "lieing" thing comes from except insinuated once by Axl, and like I said, Axl's bitter.  And I haven't heard Slash tell different versions of his reasons for leaving.  It's been pretty much the same, from what I've read and heard - the band was going in a direction he didn't like and Axl was not being easy to work with.       
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2005, 06:08:42 AM »

In reading through all of this, I think Booker Floyd has made his point, here, and made some very good points, and I think he's right

I guess I have made my point, since the usual suspects have chosen not to join the discussion.  Jarmo, who really isnt one of the people I was talking about initially, gave what could tecnically be considered a lie, but it doesnt speak to what this threads really about, and thats the "Slash the liar" myth.  We all know that those who constantly call Slash a liar arent basing that assertion on that particular excuse....and if it was, then my point has still been made - the myth is based on next-to-nothing.  Its based, like Jarmo said, on Axls own accusation.  And in true lemming fashion, certain people have adopted it themselves without basing it on anything substantial. 

I just felt that it was time we put an end to this myth.  A certain few will continue to perpuate it, but most of the rational people on here will have seen this thread and know that its nonsense (if they didnt already) and that those who keep clinging to the myth are, ironically, liars.  The same goes for "Slash the shit-talker."  Yes, Slash has given his opinions on what GNR has become and Axl himself, but hardly anything that I would call "shit-talking," or even inaccurate.  Not to mention all of the praise alongside the criticism.  The key difference between Slashs criticisms of Axl and Axls of the ex-members, is that Slash hasnt told anyone to "suck his dick," or called them a liar, to my knowledge.  And when reminded of this, some say "Axls just giving his honest opinion..."  Fine.  Understood.  But so is Slash, and in a relatively diplomatic fashion.  Like I mentioned in another thread, with all of Slashs success lately, it would be easier than ever for him to trash Axl or rub it in, and hes not.  He still just gives his own opinion, which is still quite meek.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2005, 07:43:22 AM »

Maybe he lied maybe he hasn't ... I'm damn too lazy to check through the years the way the events described by Slash change from time to time ! Just like Jarmo I won't call it lies ... it's the way human memory works ...

For the example Jarmo has given, well it's rather a matter of private life, I won't throw him a stone because he lied about that !

The force ... the force ...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2005, 09:48:45 AM »

Very well said Booker Floyd!! 
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2005, 01:39:02 PM »

Booker was slash lying when he said he knew for a fact that Axl only had a few songs of vocals done for CD? How is that not a lie? And booker when have been over this before, what is the point of doing it again? You are like a broken record. We all know slash is a liar and have proven it before, yet months pass then you claim oh slash isnt a liar, then it starts over again.? You can lie to yourself all you want but deep down inside you know slash is a liar and always changes his story.

Just like the whole horn and back up singer thing. Slash said it was his idea yet years later blames Axl for it. In another thread 5 or 6 people remember reading the same article I got that from yet you still denied it just because the article is not posted online. Big deal, it was said and it was true and its more proof that slash lies and that he always changes his story.

Also you crack me up and claim oh the people that say slash is a liar are not posting in this thread, how would we when its in the VR section of most of us rarely visit this forum? I got here via a link for the gnr board.

The fact is everytime someone has showed you a time where slash has lied, its either oh that is not really a lie, or slash was misquoted, or he was too wasted back them to get rememer everything how it really happened etc etc.

You lose again booker. good day. Stop making excuses for things you know are true.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:00:16 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2005, 02:02:55 PM »

Booker was slash lying when he said he knew for a fact that Axl only had a few songs of vocals done for CD?

Dont know...I dont know how Slash claimed to have known that, or how many vocals Axl has laid down.? Ill put it this way: theres more to support Slashs comment than disprove it.?

We all know slash is a liar and have proven it before, yet months pass then you claim oh slash isnt a liar, then it starts over again.? You can lie to yourself all you want but deep down inside you know slash is a liar and always changes his story.

Statements such as this one prove that youre actually far more prone to dishonesty than Slash.

Just like the whole horn and back up singer thing. Slash said it was his idea yet years later blames Axl for it. In another thread 5 or 6 people remember reading the same article I got that from yet you still denied it just because the article is not posted online. Big deal, it was said and it was true and its more proof that slash lies and that he always changes his story.

Another example of your lying.? Find one instance in which I deny anything pertaining to that issue.

Also you crack me up and claim oh the people that say slash is a liar are not posting in this thread, how would we when its in the VR section of most of us rarely visit this forum? I got here via a link for the gnr board.

Well thats one reason I initially posted this on the GNR board...

...But perhaps you should have deleted your post on the very first page from 6 days ago before trying that angle.? hihi hihi? Maybe I should re-title this thread "Dave The Liar?"? ok

The fact is everytime someone has showed you a time where slash has lied, its either oh that is not really a lie, or slash was misquoted etc etc.

Actually, the fact is that everytime youre asked to list these so-called lies and back them up, you refer to these imaginary posts from "months ago."? Just go ahead and list them, theres no better thread than this one.
?
You lose again booker. good day.

hihi

Another transparent self-defense mechanism.? Its only purpose is to convince yourself.? no
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:12:36 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2005, 02:10:49 PM »

Booker how is there more to support Slashs comment than disprove it? Slash lied about that plain an simple. Brian May said a few years ago Axl had 2 or so albums done with vocals.? Over the last few years people have said Axl has the vocals 90% done yet slash claiming Axl only has a few songs with vocals on it is MORE? You just keep showing your true colors and you cant admit that slash LIED about knowing this for a fact.?

Your 2nd quote is your M.O. you cant even deny it but you just did and keep proving my point. Thanks.

Booker how am I lying about the horn thing? I am really curious about this one. Like I said just becaues the article is not posted online anymore does not mean anything. When it was brought up last time a bunch of people backed me up and said they remember reading slash say that. So again you lose. Even falcon knows its true but he won't admit it since I cant find the quote again.

And your dave the liar comment again just proves what I keep saying. When you are proven wrong you take the route of personal shots. Again its your M.O.

We have given you points where Slash has lied and changed his story. So booker just give it up. Slash is a liar its that simple.

Like I said anytime slash (or duff) are caugh lying they just cry they were misqouted but its funny they keep telling the lies until they are caught yet its funny that they were misquoted that many times in that same lie. So in a sense they are again lying that they were misquoted which even further proves how slash (and duff) are liars.

And booker I have one thing on my side that you don't and its the truth. You can claim I am  trying to convince myself all  you want but we have proven slash lies. What you are doing is called transference. Look it up.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:14:34 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2005, 02:15:03 PM »

This thread has gotten friggin' ridiculous.  Has Slash lied during his life?  Of course he fucking has...everybody does.  Does that make him a liar?  No, telling a couple lies doesn't make you a liar.  Even the all-powerful and all-knowing Axl Rose has told his fair share of lies.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2005, 02:17:11 PM »

This thread has gotten friggin' ridiculous.? Has Slash lied during his life?? Of course he fucking has...everybody does.? Does that make him a liar?? No, telling a couple lies doesn't make you a liar.? Even the all-powerful and all-knowing Axl Rose has told his fair share of lies.

Slash lies to try and put Axl in a bad light and make him look like the bad guy or an asshole. Just look at the recent law suit and their comments about Axl. The pathetic thiing is, they were proven wrong and it was just a small error yet they still have not withdrawn the lawsuit.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2005, 02:18:11 PM »

Booker was slash lying when he said he knew for a fact that Axl only had a few songs of vocals done for CD?

Dont know...I dont know how Slash claimed to have known that, or how many vocals Axl has laid down.  Ill put it this way: theres more to support Slashs comment than disprove it. 

Are you serious? You are really going to stick with that position because frankly it undermines your credibility. 

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2005, 02:18:57 PM »

Yeah, and Axl lies when he tells us there's gonna be an album.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2005, 02:20:08 PM »

Wow, it gets lamer & lamer here everytime i check this thread. It's amazing there's actually people in the world getting worked up cause some guitar player in some band have slightly differing statements on his health issues like a decade ago. Or that he said some cd only has a couple of finished songs or something like a few years ago. I must be the worst person on earth then, cause this morning i told my wife that i didn't buy a soda when i went to get the morning paper, but i actually did! i guess in the eyes of jarmo & slowdave i'm a habitual liar. I guess they also believe axl found out about that european tour online after a GNR tour was booked without his knowledge. That ones a classic! hihi

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2005, 02:20:42 PM »

Yeah, and Axl lies when he tells us there's gonna be an album.

See that is always the slash fans rebuttal for Axl lies. That is not a lie but again its typic slash fan bullshit which just makes most people shake their heads.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: