Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:35:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash The Liar?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash The Liar?  (Read 63347 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2005, 03:33:05 PM »

I am just referring to my own memory, but the report was that they heard 'the album'.? Whether or not it was changed since then is anyone's guess.

Well, like I said, I dont know. ?I dont know how many songs they claimed to have heard, or when they heard them (before/after Slash was told whatever he was told).

I think it does make him look foolish because he sounds embittered and mocking. If axl is the asshole that everyone claims, slash needs to take the high ground and not take petty shots like this which are realistically baseless.

Well if memory serves me correctly, you supported a boycott of Contraband because of a lawsuit you concluded was filed for album publicity. ?So I think youre more sensitive about comments made about Axl than the average person...probably more speculative as well.

I certainly dont see how its realistically baseless, and I also dont see how its embittered and mocking to simply state what you believe to be true. ?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2005, 03:39:32 PM »

When you withhold information and don't tell the whole truth, you're not being honst. When you're not honest, then you could be considered a liar and/or a dishonest person. That's my opinion.

So its your opinion that keeping serious personal issues such as medical problems private (temporarily, as it seems) is enough to brand somebody a liar?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2005, 03:42:10 PM »

I am just referring to my own memory, but the report was that they heard 'the album'.  Whether or not it was changed since then is anyone's guess.

Well, like I said, I dont know.  I dont know how many songs they claimed to have heard, or when they heard them (before/after Slash was told whatever he was told).

I think it does make him look foolish because he sounds embittered and mocking. If axl is the asshole that everyone claims, slash needs to take the high ground and not take petty shots like this which are realistically baseless.

Well if memory serves me correctly, you supported a boycott of Contraband because of a lawsuit you concluded was filed for album publicity.  So I think youre more sensitive about comments made about Axl than the average person...probably more speculative as well.

I certainly dont see how its realistically baseless, and I also dont see how its embittered and mocking to simply state what you believe to be true. 

Well, I did buy Contraband; whatever reaction I had to the lawsuit was shortlived. Please don't let that affect your judgement of my point of view.

Honestly, Slash probably talked to some friend who heard some rumors of problems at the studio. They had an Axl bitch session and the idea was planted in his mind. This is how I'm viewing the 'revelation'.

Since Slash had no direct knowledge of what goes on in that studio, he never should have made that comment in public. It was reckless because he could supply no evidence that what he heard was true, merely some quip meant to deride his former partner. When it comes to the press, if you can't back it up, don't say it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2005, 03:45:19 PM »

When you withhold information and don't tell the whole truth, you're not being honst. When you're not honest, then you could be considered a liar and/or a dishonest person. That's my opinion.

So its your opinion that keeping serious personal issues such as medical problems private (temporarily, as it seems) is enough to brand somebody a liar?

No, not in the way of being branded a liar for life.

If a person does the same thing over and over again, and not just about medical conditions, then maybe that term can be used. ?hihi

But I do think he was dishonest to his fans, but what band isn't? I guess that's what they have the publicists for....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2005, 03:48:36 PM »

Wow, it gets lamer & lamer here everytime i check this thread. It's amazing there's actually people in the world getting worked up cause some guitar player in some band have slightly differing statements on his health issues like a decade ago.

This year: 2005AD
The cancelled Snakepit shows: 2001AD
Difference: 4 years
A decade = 10 years.

Maybe you should learn how to count before you post your pointless whining?

You should also look up the definition of "worked up". Booker asked for an example, I gave him one that I happened to find while looking for something else. You seem to take these things way too seriously.

If you personally think that's a fine personal trait, that's your opinion.

/jarmo

You know whaxl clan are frustrated when they have nothing better to do than call people out on things like what a decade is. Wow jarmo, u showed me! When u began this site did u ever imagine what a petty person it would cause u to become?

How about commenting on botaxl supposedly not knowing his management had booked a european tour until he read about it on the 'net. Afterall, he is GNR nowadays, how could that happen if he was on top of everything? Maybe somebody was lying?

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2005, 03:51:21 PM »

Wow, it gets lamer & lamer here everytime i check this thread. It's amazing there's actually people in the world getting worked up cause some guitar player in some band have slightly differing statements on his health issues like a decade ago.

This year: 2005AD
The cancelled Snakepit shows: 2001AD
Difference: 4 years
A decade = 10 years.

Maybe you should learn how to count before you post your pointless whining?

You should also look up the definition of "worked up". Booker asked for an example, I gave him one that I happened to find while looking for something else. You seem to take these things way too seriously.

If you personally think that's a fine personal trait, that's your opinion.

/jarmo

You know whaxl clan are frustrated when they have nothing better to do than call people out on things like what a decade is. Wow jarmo, u showed me! When u began this site did u ever imagine what a petty person it would cause u to become?

How about commenting on botaxl supposedly not knowing his management had booked a european tour until he read about it on the 'net. Afterall, he is GNR nowadays, how could that happen if he was on top of everything? Maybe somebody was lying?

why don't  you prove that Axl lied about it? Jarmo just schooled you.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2005, 03:53:38 PM »

When u began this site did u ever imagine what a petty person it would cause u to become?

What do you mean become?

Hey, maybe he was!

But show me a quote where he has changed his story and we can talk more then. Obviously in the right section since this is for VR and its members.

It does sound like something that could've been in THis Is Spinal Tap. ?hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2005, 04:48:56 PM »

I don't even care about what slash says, I think people in general on forums waste so much time reading into every detail of slight changes in years of interviews.. We all have different feelings on different days and ways we express situations from the past.. Depends which side of the bed you woke up on that morning... For any fan of a rocker or musician the main focus should be is do they get out there and play their asses off and do they give you music do they keep you up to date on what's up etc.. Slash does all those things for me and whoever else follows what he does alone or with vr so that makes me happy and gratefull... call him whatrever you like wether because of feeling bitter do to no axl or new gnr album but I will be headed to my third vr concert to see slash n company which is what is important to me..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2005, 07:24:02 PM »

OH so you like falcon also know slash said it was HIS idea for the horn section yet still ask me to find the quote.

Hold on there a second Beavis, you never produced any evidence of Slash admitting to that...

I dont recall the quote about the horns..

Me either, it's never been produced/documented.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2005, 07:33:44 PM »

OH so you like falcon also know slash said it was HIS idea for the horn section yet still ask me to find the quote.

Hold on there a second Beavis, you never produced any evidence of Slash admitting to that...

I dont recall the quote about the horns..

Me either, it's never been produced/documented.

Oh so falcon now you are going to pretend you never saw the quote again? So typical. But again that is your M.O. just like booker. I find it funny last time this was talked about you said you never denied that slash said it just you wanted me to find the quote. So which is it falcon?

Like I said a lot of people remember reading it, but you just cant admit that slash lied about it. Its ok, I know the more and more you try and believe it was never said, you hope one day that you will convince yourself it was not said.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 07:38:35 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2005, 07:37:59 PM »

Oh so falcon now you are going to pretend you never saw the quote again? So typical. But again that is your M.O. just like booker.

Post history has been checked, you never produced it. 

Ever.

That's your MO Beavis. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2005, 07:39:57 PM »

Oh so falcon now you are going to pretend you never saw the quote again? So typical. But again that is your M.O. just like booker.

Post history has been checked, you never produced it.?

Ever.

That's your MO Beavis.?

Yeah because the thread got deleted because when  you are proven wrong you start to name call and get the thread either moved, locked, or deleted completely.

Nice try tho. Like I said its ok, I have the facts and truth on my side, while you have nothing.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2005, 07:59:58 PM »

Yeah because the thread got deleted because when? you are proven wrong you start to name call and get the thread either moved, locked, or deleted completely.

Hell, I've never even been contacted by Jarmo or a mod let alone responsible for any of the above false accusations, I'd prefer if you refrained from lying.

Feel free to ask the powers that be, they'll tell you the same.

Nice try tho. Like I said its ok, I have the facts and truth on my side, while you have nothing.

Until you prove it, the only thing on your side is a list of excuses, IE "deleted thread", "don't have the time to find the quote", "you know it's true Falcon/Booker, I'm not bothering"...

« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 08:01:32 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2005, 08:46:46 PM »

Some of you really need to get laid or get a life.....

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2005, 09:45:02 PM »

I know the quote or story that Dave constantly goes on about - I read it somewhere years ago - I have a feeling it was a Guitar World article or something similar. Ive never seen it posted here though.

The funny thing is, Slash merely claimed responsibility for assembling the backing band - he certainly didnt claim it was his idea to have the backing band. This is never mentioned when Dave and his ilk try and use this as some 'proof' of Slashs dishonesty.

Frankly I find it laughable that some of you insist that atrocious lack of judgement and taste was Slash's fault given his love of stripped back, toe to toe rock n roll. Clearly, it was Axls idea to implement this

Alot of people on this board go on and on about Axl bashing etc,. In all fairness, I think Slash is the one that gets constantly bashed. People that point out that Axl has been an ass are quite justified given the way Axl has behaved. However, the reasons put foward to try and belittle Slash are merely pathetic. My favourites are that Slash is a liar and he hasn't moved on since GNR? hihi I mean the blatant hypocisy is just staggering in some cases. These same people overlook the fact that the current legal wranglings are merely about claiming what is rightfully theirs, but instead choose to believe the far fetched notion that Slash and Duff are somehow doing it sully Axls name in the media. Seriously guys, we all love Axl and know how great an entertainer he is - but get some perspective, put historical incidences in context.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 09:53:12 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2005, 09:53:56 PM »

I really don't know or think it's possible to label someone a total liar or otherwise (despite some past comments I might have made a couple of years ago), but I want to back dave up here.

I do recall reading an interview or something where Slash said he was responsible for the horns section idea, or at least 100% supportive of it.  I tried to find the interview, but it's hard to find an interview for something specific like that.  I know I read it somewhere, it's possible it was a fake interview, but there's definitely an interview or article out there that states that Slash said that.

I'll look again tomorrow and see if I can find it.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2005, 10:21:09 PM »

I do recall reading an interview or something where Slash said he was responsible for the horns section idea, or at least 100% supportive of it.?

As I've stated a bazillion times, I think whomevers idea it was should be shot.  That said, it finally coming to pass is the responsibility of the entire group.

It's on all of them.

Please do, then we can finally put to rest the lame excuses for not posting documentation of the proof of the burden of responsibility.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2005, 06:17:18 AM »

I really don't know or think it's possible to label someone a total liar or otherwise (despite some past comments I might have made a couple of years ago), but I want to back dave up here.

I do recall reading an interview or something where Slash said he was responsible for the horns section idea, or at least 100% supportive of it.? I tried to find the interview, but it's hard to find an interview for something specific like that.? I know I read it somewhere, it's possible it was a fake interview, but there's definitely an interview or article out there that states that Slash said that.

I know I read axl saying or saw him in an interview saying slash made this big thing come together with the extras...? ?I just don't care though because I highly doubt he was the one guy who orchestrated the entire thing being axl seems to be more of the theatrical type who would add a piano or extra affects..

The music is what counts, it's time to stop being cunty and being beyond bored that we live and die over who says what... Gnr forums have went from music to he said she said bullshit with mini detectives wasting all their time picking a side and trying to prove the one they like least was a jerk off....
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2005, 08:48:37 PM »

Yeah because the thread got deleted because when? you are proven wrong you start to name call and get the thread either moved, locked, or deleted completely.

Hell, I've never even been contacted by Jarmo or a mod let alone responsible for any of the above false accusations, I'd prefer if you refrained from lying.

Feel free to ask the powers that be, they'll tell you the same.

Until you prove it, the only thing on your side is a list of excuses, IE "deleted thread", "don't have the time to find the quote", "you know it's true Falcon/Booker, I'm not bothering"...

Falcon I really dont need to prove anything to y ou since others besides me have told you that slash said it. So it really does not matter if you want to believe it or not because its fact.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2005, 11:30:57 PM »

this is laughable, who cares if Slash lied more than Axl or vice-versa?

both lied before and will probably lie again sometime in the future just like everybody else in this world. Most people dont have the "luxury" to have a bunch of nerds disecting every quote or interview we ever gave (if any) and determine if we are liars or not  Shocked

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: