Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:20:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash The Liar?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash The Liar?  (Read 63324 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2005, 12:00:29 PM »

Killingvector, why don't you just leave this VR area of the forum, as you only have negative things to say about them. please.
I ask, give me proof that Axl deliberately mislead the public on any issue GnR. Show me proof that he lied.

Wouldn't you call it misleading the public when you show up late for most of your concerts, don't show at all for others, and don't issue any apologies or statements to the fans that bough tickets? If that's not misleading your fans, then what is?

So when he showed up late to shows, he was lying to them? Do you actually believe what you are saying?

It was common knowledge on the 2002 tour as well as the Illusion World Tour that the shows would start as late as 1030/1045. If you couldn't wait for it, then you shouldn't be going. I told all the people around me what time the band would come on. A little bit of research before arriving at the venue would save many people the heartache of a long wait.  Axl certainly didn't mislead anyone about what time he was going to hit the stage.

As for Vancouver, Axl did make comments about that incident. Philly maybe causing some form of litigation at this point, preventing the band from making an official statement. Therefore, no apology could be forwarded without an impact on the proceedings.  It is an issue that needs closure and will probably happen sometime in the future.  It is very possible that the venue/promoter are to blame; but of course it is easier to blame Axhole.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:11:11 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2005, 02:10:56 PM »

Please, killingvector, who are you trying to kid?  We all know the reason for the Vancouver and Philly riots...and its Axl.  If Axl wanted to play those shows he would have. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2005, 07:42:38 PM »

This really is the dumbest fucking thread ever, it was just asking for it....

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2005, 09:17:59 PM »

Please, killingvector, who are you trying to kid?  We all know the reason for the Vancouver and Philly riots...and its Axl.  If Axl wanted to play those shows he would have. 

LOL. And you know what happened in Philly.....please indulge us with the undeniable proof that you possess.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2005, 10:11:49 PM »

[quote author=GNRisSLASH link=topic=22251.msg390575#msg390575

A little bit of research before arriving at the venue would save many people the heartache of a long wait.? Axl certainly didn't mislead anyone about what time he was going to hit the stage.

man that is some of the most fucked logic ever. So the fans are supposed to know in advance that hes going to be late and turn up late as well?
So what happens when he decides (which he does occasionally) that he'll be on time?
Even still, it is an outrage to show such blatant disregard to your fans. I cant believe people try and defend that shit

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2005, 10:19:16 PM »

Oh yeah, Axl also lied when he took the MTV Video Vanguard Award in 1992, when he said "Oh, by the way, this award has nothing to do with Michael Jackson!". In fact, Josh Richman, an estranged friend of Axl's, said in a SPIN 1999 interview that axl had told him to make videos "that are like Michael Jacksons."

anyways,

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2005, 11:41:59 PM »

[quote author=GNRisSLASH link=topic=22251.msg390575#msg390575

A little bit of research before arriving at the venue would save many people the heartache of a long wait.  Axl certainly didn't mislead anyone about what time he was going to hit the stage.

man that is some of the most fucked logic ever. So the fans are supposed to know in advance that hes going to be late and turn up late as well?
So what happens when he decides (which he does occasionally) that he'll be on time?
Even still, it is an outrage to show such blatant disregard to your fans. I cant believe people try and defend that shit

ummm, yeah. Don't you read look online for reviews, setlists, ect before you attend a show?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2005, 11:43:46 PM »

Oh yeah, Axl also lied when he took the MTV Video Vanguard Award in 1992, when he said "Oh, by the way, this award has nothing to do with Michael Jackson!". In fact, Josh Richman, an estranged friend of Axl's, said in a SPIN 1999 interview that axl had told him to make videos "that are like Michael Jacksons."

anyways,

MNR

Well done Sherlock. I guess this means that every questionable statement by Axl can now be construed as a lie....... confused

If so, then Slash is a liar as well. If of course, we apply the same standard since Jarmo found an equally meritous case of Slash fibbing.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2005, 11:43:59 PM »

its still no rationale man
regardless, what about the fact that sometimes he is on time? so which are you gonna choose?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2005, 11:53:27 PM »

regardless, what about the fact that sometimes he is on time? so which are you gonna choose?

How does showing up late make him a liar?

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2005, 12:03:17 AM »

I didnt say it makes him a liar, just an asshole
I  find it trite that people defend things like that
Its ok to be a fan of the guy, but to defend lousy behaviour like that doesnt make you any more of a fan

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2005, 12:04:48 AM »

I  find it trite that people defend things like that
Its ok to be a fan of the guy, but to defend lousy behaviour like that doesnt make you any more of a fan

ok, but you are offtopic then. The debate going on was whether slash/axl have lied to their fans. Your discussion is relevant for another thread.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2005, 12:05:32 AM »

If Axl since the UYI days and the 2002 tour pretty much ALWAYS go on stage at 1030 or so how is he always late? That makes no sense. ?He is on time if he always goes on stage at the same time every show.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2005, 12:18:19 AM »

I? find it trite that people defend things like that

ok, but you are offtopic then. The debate going on was whether slash/axl have lied to their fans. Your discussion is relevant for another thread.

whatever man
discussions can veer off into other areas occasionally
I addressed something you said - big deal

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2005, 12:20:39 AM »

If Axl since the UYI days and the 2002 tour pretty much ALWAYS go on stage at 1030 or so how is he always late? That makes no sense. ?He is on time if he always goes on stage at the same time every show.

Ok if thats the rationale you and KV are going to subscribe to,
how about the fact that on the tickets a time is stated?

therefor if Axl doesnt honour the time stated on his tickets, that is dishonest?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2005, 12:26:17 AM »

therefor if Axl doesnt honour the time stated on his tickets, that is dishonest?

I still have my ticket and there is not a time listed for what time guns n roses go on stage just what time the opening band goes on stage. Nice try tho.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:28:07 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2005, 12:28:57 AM »

If Axl since the UYI days and the 2002 tour pretty much ALWAYS go on stage at 1030 or so how is he always late? That makes no sense.  He is on time if he always goes on stage at the same time every show.

The time listed on the ticket is when the opening bands start. It says and promises nothing about when axl takes the stage.

I thought you said axl being late was not evidence of him being a liar? have you backtracked?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:30:43 AM by killingvector » Logged

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2005, 12:31:40 AM »

Can we just give this up?  I've posted here too, I admit.  But, nothing's been proven, and it's gotten out of hand.  We're all human, whether our name is Slash or Axl.   

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2005, 12:34:58 AM »

I still have my ticket and there is not a time listed for what time guns n roses go on stage just what time the opening band goes on stage. Nice try tho.

well every time Ive attended a concert, there has always been a time stated, so there ya go

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2005, 12:37:31 AM »

If Axl since the UYI days and the 2002 tour pretty much ALWAYS go on stage at 1030 or so how is he always late? That makes no sense.  He is on time if he always goes on stage at the same time every show.

well every time Ive attended a concert, there has always been a time stated, so there ya go

Repeat for the hard of hearing: the time listed is when the opening bands come out. I just saw the Stones in Hartford; the time listed was 8pm. Sure enough, Maroon 5 walked out at 8pm and played til 8:45. The Stones didn't appear for over an hour later, approximately 9:45.  GnR had 2 opening acts with comparable time between the time the last act ended and their set began.

give it up.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: