Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash The Liar?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash The Liar?  (Read 63395 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2005, 12:38:39 AM »

its still no rationale man
regardless, what about the fact that sometimes he is on time? so which are you gonna choose?

If Axl since the UYI days and the 2002 tour pretty much ALWAYS go on stage at 1030 or so how is he always late? That makes no sense.? He is on time if he always goes on stage at the same time every show.

Ok if thats the rationale you and KV are going to subscribe to,
how about the fact that on the tickets a time is stated?

therefor if Axl doesnt honour the time stated on his tickets, that is dishonest?

The time listed on the ticket is when the opening bands start. It says and promises nothing about when axl takes the stage.

I thought you said axl being late was not evidence of him being a liar? have you backtracked?

read the post after that dude
youre being facetious

initially it wasnt, no, as i stated

then when your buddy Davo jumped in, I thought Id offer you that as food for thought as youre being such a stickler for "sticking to the topic"

whether or not it's on your ticket or not or whether its support band, there is an acceopted standard as to how things should play out. Keeping your fans waiting for 1 - 3 hours is not only unacceptable, there is an element of dishonesty because you are not adhering to reasonable expectations

yes Axl has been late alot. Not always. So therefor you expect fans to turn up late when Axl may decide to go on, on time?You still havent addressed that

give it up?
How about you grow up - lets keep the discussion to a mature level, please? is that so much to ask KV?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:41:22 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »

regardless, what about the fact that sometimes he is on time? so which are you gonna choose?

If Axl since the UYI days and the 2002 tour pretty much ALWAYS go on stage at 1030 or so how is he always late? That makes no sense.  He is on time if he always goes on stage at the same time every show.

therefor if Axl doesnt honour the time stated on his tickets, that is dishonest?

The time listed on the ticket is when the opening bands start. It says and promises nothing about when axl takes the stage.

I thought you said axl being late was not evidence of him being a liar? have you backtracked?

youre being facetious

then when your buddy Davo jumped in, I thought Id offer you that as food for thought as youre being such a stickler for "sticking to the topic"

whether or not it's on your ticket or not or whether its support band, there is an acceopted standard as to how things should play out

yes Axl has been late alot. Not always. So therefor you expect fans to turn up late when Axl may decide to go on, on time?You still havent addressed that

huh? either way you want it, you are still wrong. Do you need it explained again?

EDIT: since you edited your post, I'll respond.

The time lag between the last note of the opening act(s) and the first note of the featured act was approximately the same for both GnR and the Rolling Stones. Are Mick and Keith lying to their fans?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:44:47 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2005, 12:48:32 AM »

no, youre wrong

I'll spell it out for ya:

a) There are expected norms in terms of turning up on time for a gig. Most people dont trawl the net before going to a gig. If the ticket said 8 oclock and they knew there were support bands (usually states this on the ticket or is advertised in some capacity) they could expect to see the headliner on the stage at the lates 9.45 -10pm. If headliner doesnt turn up till 11 or later, that is a dishonest exchange between performer and consumer. The consumer would have every right to feel duped.

b) as my initial point was this and I did only mention that it was dishonest when you insisted I address the post

tell me : IF AXL IS LATE SOMETIMES AND ON TIME SOMETIMES, WHAT TIME SHOULD THE FAN TURN UP TO THE GIG. SHOULD HE ASSUME HE WILL BE LATE AND RUN THE RISK THAT HE"S ON TIME AND HENCE MISS THE GIG, OR SHOULD HE TURN UP ON TIME AND RUN THE RISK THAT HES LATE ADN HAVE TO STAND AROUND FOR HOURS?

please address the writing in caps

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2005, 12:51:04 AM »

If Axl since the UYI days and the 2002 tour pretty much ALWAYS go on stage at 1030 or so how is he always late? That makes no sense.? He is on time if he always goes on stage at the same time every show.

youre being facetious

whether or not it's on your ticket or not or whether its support band, there is an acceopted standard as to how things should play out

huh? either way you want it, you are still wrong. Do you need it explained again?

EDIT: since you edited your post, I'll respond.

The time lag between the last note of the opening act(s) and the first note of the featured act was approximately the same for both GnR and the Rolling Stones. Are Mick and Keith lying to their fans?

well youre obviously comparing the stones gig to a gig where Axl turned up on time

That proves nothing KV - youre really clutching at straws there

Ive said all im saying on this

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2005, 12:51:49 AM »

no, youre wrong

a) There are expected norms in terms of turning up on time for a gig. Most people dont trawl the net before going to a gig. If the ticket said 8 oclock and they knew there were support bands (usually states this on the ticket or is advertised in some capacity) they could expect to see the headliner on the stage at the lates 9.45 -10pm. If headliner doesnt turn up till 11 or later, that is a dishonest exchange between performer and consumer. The consumer would have every right to feel duped.

b) as my initial point was this and I did only mention that it was dishonest when you insisted I address the post

tell me : IF AXL IS LATE SOMETIMES AND ON TIME SOMETIMES, WHAT TIME SHOULD THE FAN TURN UP TO THE GIG. SHOULD HE ASSUME HE WILL BE LATE AND RUN THE RISK THAT HE"S ON TIME AND HENCE MISS THE GIG, OR SHOULD HE TURN UP ON TIME AND RUN THE RISK THAT HES LATE ADN HAVE TO STAND AROUND FOR HOURS?

The ticket makes no promises when the featured act takes the stage. Period. You can assume what you want, but the fact that there were TWO opening acts for GnR in 2002 implied that the band would not be on stage at 930-945-1000. If you or anyone else could not figure that out, then it's your problem. The time needed to set up the stage after the opening act(s) have concluded is approximately one hour for an arena size show. If 1030 is too late for u then don't go.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2005, 12:53:14 AM »

still havent adressed the writing in caps KV?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2005, 12:53:28 AM »

no, youre wrong

You have lost give it up. Axl every since the 90s have come on stage around 1030pm. Every gnr fans knows that, if they dont people around them tell them that. ?If you are a fan of gnr then you know what time Axl goes on stage esp if you have seen them atleast once. ?As for your caps what is your point? If the ticket says the opening band goes on at 8pm then if you are there at 8 you will never miss Axl. So I dont get your point? You are not making any sense.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:55:18 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2005, 12:55:26 AM »

no, youre wrong

You have lost give it up. Axl every since the 90s have come on stage around 1030pm. Every gnr fans knows that, if they dont people around them tell them that. ?If you are a fan of gnr then you know what time Axl goes on stage esp if you have seen them atleast once. ?

haha thats funny Dave

I think KV would rather you didnt join him and back him up
Any poster that has you backing him realises they must be full of it   hihi

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2005, 12:56:32 AM »

I have already. Learn to read and interpret, son.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2005, 12:59:14 AM »

bollocks, and you know it

you havent even recognised that sometimes Axl is on time (on time being dictated by the expected practise that all touring bands follow)
some of the time. All youve said is you can expect him to be late so you havent addressed that at all

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2005, 01:02:02 AM »

you havent even recognised that sometimes Axl is on time (on time being dictated by the expected practise that all touring bands follow)
some of the time. All youve said is you can expect him to be late so you havent addressed that at all

I have clearly explained what happened on the 2002 and the UYI tour for the most part. Unless you have something new to add, this discussion has ended.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2005, 01:04:51 AM »

I have clearly explained what happened on the 2002 and the UYI tour for the most part. Unless you have something new to add, this discussion has ended.

'for the most part' doesn't cut it im afraid
that right there is all I needed to prove my point
im off to bed now, thanks for the debate beer

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2005, 01:07:11 AM »

'for the most part' doesn't cut it im afraid
that right there is all I needed to prove my point
im off to bed now, thanks for the debate beer

If you want to continue this on PM, you can feel free to contact me. But I'm afraid you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the time that a band is 'supposed' to take the stage.

GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2005, 02:03:33 AM »

no, youre wrong

You have lost give it up. Axl every since the 90s have come on stage around 1030pm. Every gnr fans knows that, if they dont people around them tell them that.  If you are a fan of gnr then you know what time Axl goes on stage esp if you have seen them atleast once.  As for your caps what is your point? If the ticket says the opening band goes on at 8pm then if you are there at 8 you will never miss Axl. So I dont get your point? You are not making any sense.

you are a classic, Davie.  If Axl killed your own mother, you'd say she deserved it.  It's called a pattern.  In court, they try to prove someone is guilty based on a history of violence or a pattern of behavior.  Axl Rose has a long pattern of dicking over his fans. That is a FACT and is indefensible no matter how you want to spin it.  How many examples do you need? How about Montreal where he walked off b/c he didnt like the sound? Or St. Louis where a similar thing happened? How about Vancouver - the FIRST show of a new tour? Or Philly? How about the Meadowlands while touring with Metallica and Faith No More - walked off stage there too.  How about all the times he has gone on ridiculously late for no reason.  How about the canceled Euro tour?  Has he ever issued a single apology to fans? Ever? Did he apologize for Montreal, Stlouis, Vancover, or Philly? Did he issue any statement at all to those who missed the show and still had to eat the BS ticketmaster charges? Of course not. And there, Dave, lies the reason that many of us do not like Axl Rose.

Go ahead and spin away...

"It'll be out by 2009"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2005, 07:23:49 AM »

I thought this was about Slash the liar.

VR came on stage around 9:40:ish at one of the shows I saw last January. I guess it makes them assholes?

Has he ever issued a single apology to fans? Ever?

Maybe you have selective memory.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon.
March 30th, 2004

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
makane
Legend

« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2005, 08:16:36 AM »

I thought this was about Slash the liar.

VR came on stage around 9:40:ish at one of the shows I saw last January. I guess it makes them assholes?
/jarmo
No, it's when they do it several times.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2005, 08:54:04 AM »

no, youre wrong

You have lost give it up. Axl every since the 90s have come on stage around 1030pm. Every gnr fans knows that, if they dont people around them tell them that. ?If you are a fan of gnr then you know what time Axl goes on stage esp if you have seen them atleast once. ?

haha thats funny Dave

I think KV would rather you didnt join him and back him up
Any poster that has you backing him realises they must be full of it? ?hihi

There you go again, instead of answering a simple question you resport to a personal attack, which inturn shows you know  you have lost and cant come up with a legit answer good work mate  peace

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2005, 09:07:56 AM »

no, youre wrong

You have lost give it up. Axl every since the 90s have come on stage around 1030pm. Every gnr fans knows that, if they dont people around them tell them that.? If you are a fan of gnr then you know what time Axl goes on stage esp if you have seen them atleast once.? As for your caps what is your point? If the ticket says the opening band goes on at 8pm then if you are there at 8 you will never miss Axl. So I dont get your point? You are not making any sense.

you are a classic, Davie.? If Axl killed your own mother, you'd say she deserved it.? It's called a pattern.? In court, they try to prove someone is guilty based on a history of violence or a pattern of behavior.? Axl Rose has a long pattern of dicking over his fans. That is a FACT and is indefensible no matter how you want to spin it.? How many examples do you need? How about Montreal where he walked off b/c he didnt like the sound? Or St. Louis where a similar thing happened? How about Vancouver - the FIRST show of a new tour? Or Philly? How about the Meadowlands while touring with Metallica and Faith No More - walked off stage there too.? How about all the times he has gone on ridiculously late for no reason.? How about the canceled Euro tour?? Has he ever issued a single apology to fans? Ever? Did he apologize for Montreal, Stlouis, Vancover, or Philly? Did he issue any statement at all to those who missed the show and still had to eat the BS ticketmaster charges? Of course not. And there, Dave, lies the reason that many of us do not like Axl Rose.

Go ahead and spin away...

SIG and JIG like I said before, there is no time on the ticket that gnr appears, also anyone that has been to ONE gnr show or has seen axl interviews on mtv? back in the day knows he always goes on stage around 1030 or so. KV even showed you how the stones do the same thing yet you dont hear their fans bitching about it.

The only people that are not making any sense are the ones that cant explain how axl is late to every show when he goes on stage at the same time pretty much every even during the UYI era.

I fail to see how this is dishonest and you have failed to prove how it is since like I said its the norm with this band.
Again more failed attempt at witt when you have lost a debate.
The good old if axl killed my mother line. Leave my mother out of this and that killing her thing is lame but I have come to expect stuff like that from you.

As for this being a pattern, since it is a pattern of axl going on at 1030 then no one should be crying that he goes on so called late. You are making my arguement for me. Thanks.

Now you bring up the montrel show but you failed? to mention Axl wanted to go back on stage when the crew fixed the sound but secruity would not let him. Why didnt you? bring that one up? Oh that is right, classic SIG not giving the whole story just the parts that he wants to make axl look like the asshole.

As for St Louis, let see that biker gang for one was pushing around fans, the guy even flashed a lawyer card to Axl during the show taunting him, and when axl asked him to be removed by securtity for a camera which was the straw that broke the camels back, he left.

Axl gave a reason for the canceled euro tour, he said he did not know about it. How is that not a good answer or telling the fans a reason? You really think if it was a lie that he could not have come up with a better excuse? Also, a rapper not too long after this axl incident cancelled an over seas tour because his manager booked? it without his knowing.

As for the 2002 tour, we all know he had plane trouble, sure he should have been there at a better hour but shit happens. Philly no one knows? what happened but even CC neve said why Axl did not show, so doesnt that strike you as odd? ITs really said you claim to? be a gnr fan yet dont know their history, its sad really. Bands cancel shows all the time and tours all the time even your precious slash with his VR. But of course its always ok when they do it just not when Axl does it. Also remember scott walked off stage too during one of the VR shows last tour if im not mistaken.

You can hate axl rose all you want but its funny you keep posting on the gnr side of the message board if you hate the man so much.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2005, 10:06:33 AM »

St. Louis - 14 years ago.
Montreal - 13 years ago.

What do people still whine about? Those two concerts!

Did anything else piss you off in 1991-1992 that you still complain about? Maybe you didn't get the toy you wanted with your Happy Meal back in the summer of 1991?

You don't seem to understand, the same things that makes Axl an asshole in your eyes is what makes him the Axl who writes the songs you like listening to. It seems like it's really cool to have a band that doesn't do what they're told until a certain point. They should be dangerous as long as it doesn't involve being late to a concert you're attending. Telling a fan to fuck off because he's trying to interrupt the show is cool as long as it doesn't happen at your show etc etc.

If you did your homework, you'd know that Axl is always late. I thought the people here were fans and they knew that. Turns out I was wrong. Oh, and Axl's not the only one who has a problem with that. There are "normal" people who are never on time as well! Those assholes!

By reading the comments here, it seems like you guys wish GN'R would've been just another 80s hair band who goes on stage on time and never pisses anybody off in any way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »

By reading the comments here, it seems like you guys wish GN'R would've been just another 80s hair band who goes on stage on time and never pisses anybody off in any way.

/jarmo

that would so NOT be guns n roses.  The antics and everything that happened was such a huge part of their history.  St. Louis riots, police and niggers, Izzy pissing in that airplane, Slash and Duff being drunk and swaring on live TV, Axl always being late and doin his thing, I could go on.. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: