Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:01:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck says CD is done... (from Ross Halfin's site)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck says CD is done... (from Ross Halfin's site)  (Read 24195 times)
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2005, 08:40:32 PM »

"So much for ever taking any more pictures of Guns N' Roses in the future. Now go stick to your pathetic website diaries before you criticise music you haven't even heard yet."

This and nothing else should be GN'R's manager's response to this. Well, only in a perfect world maybe...

As for that "the album is done I've heard it from Merck" thing - Haflin doesn't know jackshit, because his mouth is as big as the grand canyon. Unfortunately, some people's asses are not, so it's very questionable if they'd share any sensitive information with this average photographer who'd much rather like to be a rockstar himself. Oh I forgot he IS a rockstar because he took a picture of Led Zeppelin - thirty years ago...

So the album is done? Great, we've heard that two years ago.

It's called humor you retard, and Halfin has probably forgotten more important people in the record industry than you could ever pretend to know.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2005, 08:44:04 PM »

there are more ups and downs on this board than a roller coaster, one minute the album isn't finished and will never be released the next, it's done and will be out soon. ?rofl

The same people that slam GnR one minute are happier than pigs in shit the next, I'll be glad when this album is finally released. I have a feeling some people will be really let down while others will claim it's the best album ever created. ?This site will be pure panimonium (sp?) when the release day is announced.

Hopefully Merk was right (2005 will be GnR's year)

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2005, 08:51:44 PM »

Jimmy, the band does have to be present for the release, or at least a couple weeks before the release. GNR will need to do SNL, The Tonight Show,etc. If people dont believe the rumours about it not coming out, they should just look at the fact that Richard is going off to tour in November. Or maybe Axl doesn't plan on promoting it. This isn't the year. A huge favor was done by telling everyone that. Now everyone can stop their champagne wishes and caviar dreams for 2005. But like I said earlier, maybe this new info coming out is just disinformation. As usual, only time will tell.

thats true if you believe the promotional campaign is going to be big.

Personally (as ive said before), I reckon a low-key, word of mouth promotional campaign is whats needed here

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

Neemo's right, this roller-coaster ride is crazy. ?

Personally, I'm thrilled to have 4 "Appetite rockers," with 8 "others," which could include songs like Nov. Rain, estranged, Don't Cry, Patience, One in a Million (yeah, that's right, just cause it aint a rocker doesn't mean it can't have bite.),...dammit, I just want something new! ?Hell, it could be Axl singing Christmas carols!!
 beer ?

PS  Jimmy the Gent, I just saw your post as I tried to post this...are you serious???  Huh
A low-key, word-of-mouth promotional campaign???  I don't want to sound like an a-hole by stating the obvious...but people don't even know Axl is alive! much less heading a new incarnation of the band.  Please explain how that strategy could work.  Also, explain why it would work better than *Rolling Stone interview with print ads  *tv ads  *radio buzz  *Super Bowl half-time performance, etc.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2005, 09:49:40 PM »

Axl4Prez, a low key word of mouth promotion is the only thing that could make 2005 a remote possibility. With Richard touring towards year's end, then there cant be a media blitz, unless he is being replaced. But as its been said before, 2005 is over. But with it being over, they should just go ahead and announce to the world their tentative release date.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

Neemo's right, this roller-coaster ride is crazy. ?

Personally, I'm thrilled to have 4 "Appetite rockers," with 8 "others," which could include songs like Nov. Rain, estranged, Don't Cry, Patience, One in a Million (yeah, that's right, just cause it aint a rocker doesn't mean it can't have bite.),...dammit, I just want something new! ?Hell, it could be Axl singing Christmas carols!!
 beer ?

PS? Jimmy the Gent, I just saw your post as I tried to post this...are you serious?Huh Huh
A low-key, word-of-mouth promotional campaign?Huh I don't want to sound like an a-hole by stating the obvious...but people don't even know Axl is alive! much less heading a new incarnation of the band.? Please explain how that strategy could work.? Also, explain why it would work better than *Rolling Stone interview with print ads? *tv ads? *radio buzz? *Super Bowl half-time performance, etc.

I say most of my reasons here http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21863.msg380959#msg380959

although theres many reasons of which Ive stated heaps of times here

oversaturation will put people off, a measured cautious approach is the way to go especially given the damage Axl has done to his reputation over the years

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2005, 10:03:46 PM »

Awesome, Im so glad its done. 2012 here we come and Im gonna be the first motherfucker to buy this. Fucken sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! beer

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2005, 10:11:02 PM »

blasphemer, where are you getting this 2012 shit? I've heard from a couple people in regards to a release date, and they mentioned nothing as ridiculous as 2012.

blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2005, 10:12:03 PM »

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2005, 10:20:42 PM »

This is so awesome, I mean 2012 is right around the corner. God damn im excited Smiley

Thats not right around the corner!! I'll be dead by then knowing me!!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2005, 10:33:37 PM »

I say most of my reasons here http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21863.msg380959#msg380959

although theres many reasons of which Ive stated heaps of times here

oversaturation will put people off, a measured cautious approach is the way to go especially given the damage Axl has done to his reputation over the years

Jimmy The Gent,
  You make some good points.  It will all come down to the quality of the product.   Undecided

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2005, 10:42:31 PM »

I've said it in other threads the last few days and I'll repeat it here again , GNR's Chinese democracy will be out in 2005.  peace

Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2005, 10:46:33 PM »

I've said it in other threads the last few days and I'll repeat it here again , GNR's Chinese democracy will be out in 2005.? peace

I dunno -I want to believe you so badly!!!!

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2005, 10:49:36 PM »

I've said it in other threads the last few days and I'll repeat it here again , GNR's Chinese democracy will be out in 2005.  peace

care to say why you believe that?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2005, 10:53:17 PM »

I just do.  peace  This will be the year , IMHO.  beer

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2005, 10:54:43 PM »

Saul believes in wishful thinking. Cheesy beer

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2005, 10:57:08 PM »

I just do.  peace  This will be the year , IMHO.  beer

Do you have any possible information that you are basing this on? (Because with the facts that are out there right now the chance for an album this year is slim to none).
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2005, 10:59:04 PM »

I've said it in other threads the last few days and I'll repeat it here again , GNR's Chinese democracy will be out in 2005.? peace

I just do.? peace? This will be the year , IMHO.? beer

Do you have any possible information that you are basing this on? (Because with the facts that are out there right now the chance for an album this year is slim to none).

Leave him alone.... he is just being optimistic!!!

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2005, 11:01:09 PM »

He cant have any info in regards to this year, because all info points to next year. He's just hoping that Axl changes his mind and gives us our most wished for Christmas present ever. Cheesy

Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2005, 11:03:29 PM »

He cant have any info in regards to this year, because all info points to next year. He's just hoping that Axl changes his mind and gives us our most wished for Christmas present ever. Cheesy

hmmm yeah.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: