Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hookers N' Blow/Dizzy Reed Update
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hookers N' Blow/Dizzy Reed Update  (Read 3980 times)
Boromir
VIP

« on: August 28, 2005, 03:59:24 AM »

Dizzy Reed's Hookers and Blow have updated their tour itinery.
Please note the cancellation on 17th September 2005. The show at Jimmy's Seaside in Stamford, CT, has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.

Dizzy Reed's latest itinery is as follows;

08/31/2005 - The Joint LA - West Los Angeles - CA
09/08/2005 - Dingbatz - Clifton - NJ
09/10/2005 - UofV (College Show) - Charlottesville - VA
09/14/2005 - Meadowbrook Inn - HH
09/15/2005 - Club Metronome - Burlington - VT
09/16/2005 - Lucky Dog Music Hall - Worcester - MA
09/18/2005 - TBA
10/27/2005 - Kat's 4th Annual Halloween Bash! - Saugus - MA
10/28/2005 - Double D's Morristown Halloween Show! - Morristown - NJ
10/29/2005 - TBA
10/30/2005 - TBA
10/31/2005 - TBA

source : http://www.sp1at.com

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 07:29:53 PM »

Source:? www.dizzyreed.com

"Labor Day Weekend!!! Don't miss it. If you haven't experienced the insanity at Rumrunners in Sandestin, this is your last chance until next spring so break open your piggy bank and hight tail it down there!! Apperaring Sep. 2-4 : Dizzy Reed and special guest from Hollywood and all points in between: the amazingly talented Eric Dover! You don't want to miss this show, you never know what's going to happen!!"

So is Eric Dover the "surprise" guest Dizzy was referring to in his previous plug or does "you never know what's going to happen!!" still imply that Axl might be there?? confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 07:22:30 AM »

Yeah, Axl's gonna be there. They are going to do an absolutely stunning rendition of 'Silkworms'. Cheesy

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

Yeah, Axl's gonna be there. They are going to do an absolutely stunning rendition of 'Silkworms'. Cheesy
From your mouth (or typing fingers in this case) to God's ear!? hihi

Even though I'm nowhere near Florida and won't be at this show and not that I'm a big fan of Slash but I just hope this Eric/Dizzy show isn't gonna be just a Slash-bashing thing.? IMO the shit-slinging should stay between Slash and Axl (and us here @ HTGTH) where it belongs.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:30:12 AM »

If it does turn into Slash bashing, then GNR is over. They have bigger fish to fry than mud slinging at Slash.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:16:56 AM »

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but does anybody know how the Labor Day Weekend Florida shows went?? Was the Snakepit guy the big deal?? Did anything unexpected happen?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 09:20:46 AM »

Gypsy, I doubt anything happened. Someone here would have mentioned it by now. Dizzy always says shit about "surprise guests" so he can sell tickets.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 12:29:45 PM »

Gypsy, I doubt anything happened. Someone here would have mentioned it by now. Dizzy always says shit about "surprise guests" so he can sell tickets.

What are you talking about? If it was Axl you dont think he would just say Axl may show up to sell more tix? Nice logic there Roll Eyes. A speical guest means someone will appear who is not in the band. Eric Drove was in Jelifish and a few other bands like snake pit. So how would he not be a speical guest?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 12:47:15 PM »

What are you talking about? If it was Axl you dont think he would just say Axl may show up to sell more tix? Nice logic there Roll Eyes. A speical guest means someone will appear who is not in the band. Eric Drove was in Jelifish and a few other bands like snake pit. So how would he not be a speical guest?

In Dizzy's original posting for these Florida shows, he did NOT mention Eric's name.? He only said something like that there would be a super surprise guest and that "you never know what might happen" shit.? IMO, he only added Eric's name to the post after all the fan sites (including us) started saying shit about him implying it was gonna be Axl just to improve ticket sales.? ?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 12:49:27 PM »

In Dizzy's original posting for these Florida shows, he did NOT mention Eric's name.? He only said something like that there would be a super surprise guest and that "you never know what might happen" shit.? IMO, he only added Eric's name to the post after all the fan sites (including us) started saying shit about him implying it was gonna be Axl just to improve ticket sales.? ?
OH so you think Dizzy Reads (no pun intended) these sites? He did not do anything wrong, and everyone knew he was not implying Axl. Like I said, if was going? to be Axl, he would have said it was.  Dizzy is just having fun doing his solo shows and once in a while has his friends show up at the shows.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 01:16:48 PM »

OH so you think Dizzy Reads (no pun intended) these sites?
No.? He doesn't have to read these sites himself but I'd think there are people around him who do.? Or even if there aren't, maybe he got a lot of questions at his site about who his "special guest" was gonna be and, after that Georgia fiasco, Dizzy decided it was more prudent to announce who this guest was.? I remember posting in a previous thread about this (before Eric's name was revealed) that it was unfair and insulting to whoever the special guest actually was because GNR fans want it to be Axl.? Just ask that Georgia club owner how many gullible GNR fans are out there.??

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 01:39:38 PM »

But what else he could say about the guest?
"Special guest but not that special?"
The guest wouldn't be very pleased.
Maybe the guest wasn't firmly fixed up yet when he said that.

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 01:51:48 PM »

Since it was Eric Dover, I think Dizzy meant "special" in the retarded kind of way. peace

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 01:58:57 PM »

Dizzy never said or implied that it was going to be Axl. Anyone who seriously put stock in that theory needs to get a clue.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 03:46:27 PM »

Dizzy always says shit about "surprise guests" so he can sell tickets.

Fuck off!

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 04:09:53 PM »

I think its Great to se Dizzy out there and do what he really is good in! Make rock n roll concerts in clubs and small venues! And i cant imagine how happy i will be the day i will se him in big venues behind he`s keyboard! But he has to make a livin before that and he makes a livin by doing his number one hobby! Imagine that!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: