Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:53:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties  (Read 84168 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #340 on: August 31, 2005, 05:48:26 PM »

This feud is too immature with this 'not talking to each other bullshit. " They're in their mid/early 40's , I don't know why one of them can just pick up the damn phone and come up with something they can all agree on.
i agree man yes what's even worse or more pathetic is the lengths of these threads taking sides.. Who gives a flying fuck as long as whoever gets money owed to them..
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #341 on: September 01, 2005, 01:37:16 AM »

Keep laughing but you know its true. Even in the old days it was the Axl signs.

Slash and company could never conjure up the cult following that is here today. If the situation was reveresed and Slash had the GNr name, Axl was on the outside lookin in, and held out with material all these yrs, do you think there would be the same amount of people here with the intensity,frusteration and passion for that Beer and Ciggs album?

My bet would be that most of the peopel would be on some other board.

What do you think brought all these people here? Certainly not the nu guns.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #342 on: September 01, 2005, 07:25:16 AM »

Slash and company could never conjure up the cult following that is here today. If the situation was reveresed and Slash had the GNr name, Axl was on the outside lookin in, and held out with material all these yrs, do you think there would be the same amount of people here with the intensity,frusteration and passion for that Beer and Ciggs album?

Axl brought all these people here, that is who.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2005, 08:21:17 AM »

gnr did, the guys from afd as a whole.. Please don't speak for everyone..

people need to stop acting like  a band is one person..
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2005, 09:14:41 AM »

This is all bullsh|t.  The original band should do what's right and reunite.  Not sue screw and sue each other.  What a waste man.  Life is too short.  They need to stop acting like egop maniacs.  This stupid riff has gone on long enough.  It is childesh.  They should put that energy into making an new album consisting of the orignal 5 band members.  Not acting like a bunch whiney children.  Deep down, these band members must have SOME fond memories of each other.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #345 on: September 01, 2005, 10:09:47 AM »

Did I say the new guys did? We were talking about the popularity of Axl and Slash. I made the point that if the roles were reversed there wouldnt be the same intensity that is here today. Axl was the most popular guy in gnr. People like him and people hate him. He strikes a cord. Slash is a great guitarist and people love him because hes a "nice guy". Hes the guy who got paired with an asshole.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #346 on: September 01, 2005, 11:48:05 AM »

people need to stop acting like  a band is one person..

Yeah but What do you think keep people coming back here? Certainly not the old guys.

Ditto to your statement, mike. Certainly Many people just focus on a front man. and I guess you're one of them.

But it's certainly the present GN'R that brought me here.
Just the same I won't join a board about Led Zeppelin or Nirvana. besides I'm not a fan of solo acts.

So don't speak for everyone.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #347 on: September 01, 2005, 12:38:34 PM »

This is all bullsh|t.? The original band should do what's right and reunite.? Not sue screw and sue each other.? What a waste man.? Life is too short.? They need to stop acting like egop maniacs.? This stupid riff has gone on long enough.? It is childesh.? They should put that energy into making an new album consisting of the orignal 5 band members.? Not acting like a bunch whiney children.? Deep down, these band members must have SOME fond memories of each other.

I'm here because I'm waiting for the new cd to come out.? I've been a Guns fan for as long as I've been listening to music and the thought of the original five getting together just doesn't appeal to me anymore.? I would be totally content just listening to VR and the new Guns N roses.? The original five would never get back together.? I personally would hate to see Steven Adler behind the drums for Guns N roses again.? Izzy would never come back.? So if Matt, Duff, Slash and Axl decided to get back and do a few shows, that would be great to see.? But a new cd out of those guys?? I hope not.? I am so excited for Chinese Democracy to come out someday.? Just because of the new musical direction Axl is trying to take this band in.? I like all the guys in the new band and I don't think Axl would just drop this whole project and get back together with the old guys.? This post is off topic but I just had to say my piece.? And don't get me wrong, I love Slash and Duff as much as anyone here, but we all just have to let go of the past.? The future is Chinese Democracy.? And it would take more than fond memories to get back together.? Think of a girlfriend or boyfriend that we have had for a long time and broke up with.? Of course we will always have great memories of the person, but it definitely doesn't mean thats enough to ever get back with the person.? People move on.? We still have AFD, Lies and the Illusions to remember the old band by.? If you need more go out and get a bunch of live bootlegs.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 10:39:13 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #348 on: September 01, 2005, 05:35:31 PM »

people need to stop acting like? a band is one person..

A question was asked and I answered. Axl is what brought most people? here. We are waiting on his album. The VR board are there because of slash and duff.

Also some of you claim this band is not guns  n roses, so guns n roses could not have brought some of us here. Again its because of Axl.

Its that simple.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 05:37:18 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #349 on: September 01, 2005, 05:48:15 PM »

it's not gnr to me.. Gnr brought me to this forum and others because I never had access to a pc when gnr was in their hayday.. I have an interest in what axl is doing but to me it's a solo project and that's how I feel.. I'm sure most people don't feel the new doors or queen is the band continuing... I support axl's work I loved every minute of gnr while it was here but I just don't see this as gnr anymore.. Band broke up and it ended years ago.. Maybe one day axl will let us peasants hear what he has been doing for about a decade
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: September 01, 2005, 07:07:14 PM »

it's not gnr to me.. Gnr brought me to this forum and others because I never had access to a pc when gnr was in their hayday.. I have an interest in what axl is doing but to me it's a solo project and that's how I feel.. I'm sure most people don't feel the new doors or queen is the band continuing... I support axl's work I loved every minute of gnr while it was here but I just don't see this as gnr anymore.. Band broke up and it ended years ago.. Maybe one day axl will let us peasants hear what he has been doing for about a decade

Well, that is one mans opinion and that is fine.  There is nothing wrong in believing something.  However, many bands in the past have lost members and gained new ones and still have the same name.  One that I can think of right off the bat is Little River Band.  Little River Band has had numerous people playing in that band.  If Chinese Democracy ever comes out and is a "big success", people will know Guns N Roses as "Guns N Roses".  And, they will have a brand new crop of followers since it has been so long, and I would bet that a lot of those fans wont even know Slash and Duff.  Now there are going to be people out there like you and I who will never forget the old GNR, but this "New GNR" will still be GNR.  And if Chineses Democracy is a success, Axl will be praised once again.     

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #351 on: September 01, 2005, 11:33:16 PM »

Well said. The "new" GnR is GnR only by name, certainly not in any other way.  I love how people talk about being fans of the 'new' GnR or prefering them to the old. Huh?  There is only one GnR and it had Duff, Slash, Axl, and Matt/Steven in it.  The 'new' Gnr is like the old 'if a tree fell in the forest and no one was around, would it make a sound?' line.  The 'new' Gnr has yet to do anything. They don't exist, in reality.  They have no single, no video, no album, havent played a show in 3 years, and frankly, no one even knows who is in the band or if they'll ever release squat.  So how can anyone possibly call this a band.  This is Axl's project.  That's all.  Hell, none of the other members even know what's going on, judging by the quotes we get from Finck and co. 

I could give a rat's ass if they sue each other.  Just release some damn music and we'll all be happy. VR has done so. It's Rose's turn.  He has failed to deliver in more than a decade. 

"It'll be out by 2009"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #352 on: September 02, 2005, 12:46:42 AM »

Well said. The "new" GnR is GnR only by name, certainly not in any other way.  I love how people talk about being fans of the 'new' GnR or prefering them to the old. Huh?  There is only one GnR and it had Duff, Slash, Axl, and Matt/Steven in it.  The 'new' Gnr is like the old 'if a tree fell in the forest and no one was around, would it make a sound?' line.  The 'new' Gnr has yet to do anything. They don't exist, in reality.  They have no single, no video, no album, havent played a show in 3 years, and frankly, no one even knows who is in the band or if they'll ever release squat.  So how can anyone possibly call this a band.  This is Axl's project.  That's all.  Hell, none of the other members even know what's going on, judging by the quotes we get from Finck and co. 

I could give a rat's ass if they sue each other.  Just release some damn music and we'll all be happy. VR has done so. It's Rose's turn.  He has failed to deliver in more than a decade. 

You have a right to your opinion but stating that "there is only one gnr" as a fact just makes you look ridiculously biased. With a username GnRisSlash, why spend an entire paragraph explaining it?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2005, 01:12:51 AM »

GNR brought me here.  We are all curious to see if the new stuff stacks up with the old.  To me GNR will always have to atleast contain Slash, Axl, and Duff.  I saw nu GNR twice.  Both great shows.  Seen VR 3 times.  Great shows.  But, part of me just wants to come to this forum one day and read about Axl, Slash, and Duff talking and getting along for the first time in 9 years.  Maybe they could reunite via an act of God, like Katrina for instance.  GNR reunites in Baton Rouge to raise money for the flood victims......Brilliant!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2005, 06:34:49 AM »

Well, that is one mans opinion and that is fine.? There is nothing wrong in believing something.? However, many bands in the past have lost members and gained new ones and still have the same name.? One that I can think of right off the bat is Little River Band.? Little River Band has had numerous people playing in that band.? If Chinese Democracy ever comes out and is a "big success", people will know Guns N Roses as "Guns N Roses".? And, they will have a brand new crop of followers since it has been so long, and I would bet that a lot of those fans wont even know Slash and Duff.? Now there are going to be people out there like you and I who will never forget the old GNR, but this "New GNR" will still be GNR.? And if Chineses Democracy is a success, Axl will be praised once again.? ? ?

if all that happens no matter who their following is will check out the other albums from the band and see where they started from..  The little river band is no gnr nor did they have the success gnr had...Axl is definetly and amazing talented guy from my memory and always will be that way to me and we all hope to hear whatever he has one day. I have seen axl and his band live already and they did a really good job covering the old stuff, show was really good..  Just think about all the big bands you have loved and the members in the band then they all left for whatever reason as bands that break up do then continuing on with the name like it's really still that band..

There have been some great duos through music history, usually the axe man and the singer and those two imo need to be apart of the band to have it at least try and continue... Gnr was a great guitar rock band who always made solos a huge part of their songs... to lose the drummer, rythm guiat lead guitar and bass player and still call it gnr doesn't make sence to me since I watched them back then..

I like motley crue a lot, I just couldn't imagine nikki sixx tommy lee and mick mars leaving and vince neil alone calling it motley crue... Great bands should have some kind of mutual respect to where if they don't get along they at least resepct evetrything they did together and keep the name sacred..
darkmonth
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2005, 06:50:07 AM »

Here is something to ponder. What if Axl has proof that Slash and Duff are no in the partnership thus that is why he did this. We have still yet to see Axls hand.  For all we know Axl has a royal flush and Slash and Duff are not due royalities. Just imagine if Axl had that and counter sued Duff and Slash for money they owe him.

LOL.  You have a great imagination.

No... the legalities of the situation are that Slash and Duff own the Guns N' Roses partnership (including song rights etc) and Axl owns the Guns N' Roses brand name.  No one should look past this.  It seems to me that Slash and Duff have been advised and ill informed.  I suspect that Axl's people also fucked up and basically this is a misunderstanding.  As we know, the money has been redistributed.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #356 on: September 02, 2005, 11:24:01 AM »

There isn't ever going to be a reunion so I'd say stop wishing for one.? But I do agree with one sentiment expressed by someone....

Slash, Axl, and Duff are in their 40s.? They aren't children anymore.? They need to establish some form of communication with each other so fuckups like this don't occur.? And Axl's lawyer is like "Well, why didn't they call Axl instead of suing?"? Give me a break, Mr. Lawyer Man.

Steven sent Axl a letter a few years ago and it was never answered.? Izzy drives by Axl's house every once in awhile and each time he is turned away at the gate.? So you think Axl would accept phone calls from Duff or Slash?? Sorry Lawyer dude, Axl is just as much at fault for the lack of communication as Duff or Slash.

Bottom line is that they will always be connected through GNR.? That's inevitable.? So even if they don't work together ever again, they need to communicate with one another like ADULTS, so that legal bullshit such as this can be avoided.

You have a right to your opinion but stating that "there is only one gnr" as a fact just makes you look ridiculously biased. With a username GnRisSlash, why spend an entire paragraph explaining it?

Actually I think GNRisSLash said it well.? You cant say there is another GNR until we have some solid product from the second one -- and that means something other than unfinished "new" songs on bootleg recordings.? Until then, he's right, there is only one GNR.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 11:39:53 AM by Bridge » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #357 on: September 02, 2005, 12:34:40 PM »

Ozzycat, Look at the date of the post you picked out.

And Axl's lawyer is like "Well, why didn't they call Axl instead of suing?"  Give me a break, Mr. Lawyer Man.

Well Actually, Mr. Weitzman says:

"If someone had taken the time to investigate or ask about this situation before rushing to judgment they would have learned that ASCAP (the entity that collects money for songwriters) made a clerical error and failed to appropriately divide and distribute the royalty's owed for the first quarter of 2005 to Axl and the former Guns N' Roses musicians. The amount ASCAP mistakenly sent to Axl's publisher was never received by Axl nor was he ever made aware of the error. The publisher alerted ASCAP to the error, returned the money immediately and asked ASCAP to remedy the situation by distributing the funds appropriately."

"Rather than pick up the telephone and contact Axl or his representatives, his former partners scurried to file a lawsuit that contained false statements about Axl rather then making an effort to learn the truth regarding ASCAP's mistake."

Until then, he's right, there is only one GNR.

That IS the existing GN'R. It must be 8yrs if a day since the last AFD guy left.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 12:36:25 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #358 on: September 02, 2005, 01:06:57 PM »

Well Actually, Mr. Weitzman says:
"Rather than pick up the telephone and contact Axl or his representatives,

Representatives or not, he mentioned Axl separately and thus implied (on one hand) that they should've or could've called Axl.? If he had said "they should've called Axl's representatives", that implication wouldn't be there.

That IS the existing GN'R.

Right.? The original lineup.? Ask any music fan who GNR is and they'll tell you its the guys who gave us AFD and the UYI albums.? They are not going to rave about the guys who gave us Chinese Democracy because presently, there isn't any such album.? And as I said, bootleg songs don't count.

It must be 8 years since the last AFD guy left.

That's irrelevant.? In the eyes of the music world, GNR only exists as the original lineup, the one that actually gave us music to remember.? So as GNRisSLash said, the "new" GNR doesn't exist and won't exist until they release something.? Until then, they're a myth.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2005, 07:14:29 PM »

This made me giggle so I thought I'd share.? It's the last entry on the list.

Entertainment Weekly >> Issue #838/839 September 9, 2005

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: