Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:54:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties  (Read 84156 times)
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #360 on: September 04, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

There isn't ever going to be a reunion so I'd say stop wishing for one.  But I do agree with one sentiment expressed by someone....

Never say never. Money talks and bullshit walks. Frank Black has pretty much admitted outright that the Pixies reunion was for money. His exact quote eludes me but it was something along the lines of 'this reunion was a chip we have been carrying in our back pockets for some time...' Given the right amount of time, and a big enough offer you will see the original GnR up there on a stage (only exception possibly being Izzy).

The point being that the Pixies broke up under a heavy amount of stress and in-fighting (much like a certain band we all know and love), and I don't know anyone that wasn't surprised when they announced thier reunion. And as an aside don't start in with the 'oh the pixies suck, they were never as big as Guns' crap. The Pixies were as influential on alternative rock as Guns were on rock/metal in their heyday.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #361 on: September 04, 2005, 11:08:33 PM »

Never say never. Money talks and bullshit walks.

You're right, in this case, the bullshit would walk.....right away from the money.? ?Axl, Slash, and Duff have all stated in interviews that GNR has been offered millions of dollars to regroup.  They've been receiving these offers ever since Slash and Duff departed the fold.  But all of them have said that if the band isn't on a mutual level of understanding, a reunion wouldn't mean shit to them.

And why should it?? They're all multi-millionaires, so it isn't like they're in financial trouble.  They have families, kids, houses.? They don't need the money.? At their age and state of their careers, their lives and families are more important to them than money.

Given the right amount of time, and a big enough offer you will see the original GnR up there on a stage (only exception possibly being Izzy).

And I read that Izzy has said he'll never play in a band with Axl ever again.? And "GNR minus Izzy" isn't GNR.? If any of the five originals are missing, it wouldn't be GNR.? Yeah, we've seen Slash and Izzy jam with Steven at Adler's Appetite gigs, we've seen Izzy jam with VR, but we ain't gonna see the five originals on the stage together again.  Even a one-off show would be highly unlikely.

I say just enjoy the old records and the 88 Ritz show, because GNR lives on in our memories and it's probably better that it stayed there.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 11:12:31 PM by Bridge » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2005, 11:17:21 PM »

Have they dropped the suit yet since they got their money?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2005, 09:11:06 AM »

I've yet to hear/read anything that said that they 'got their money'.

What I undersrood from Mr. Weitzman's statement(s) is that Axl's people had returned the money to ASCAP.

I'd have to assume that S&D's people would be following up on that...  but, there hasn't been an update or word from them since Mr. Weitzman's statements (or their's).
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #364 on: September 06, 2005, 11:25:57 AM »

What I undersrood from Mr. Weitzman's statement(s) is that Axl's people had returned the money to ASCAP.

I'd have to assume that S&D's people would be following up on that...? but, there hasn't been an update or word from them since Mr. Weitzman's statements (or their's).

Eva, any word on why Axl didn't return the 1st quarter funds immediately upon receipt and if Slash and Duff will be eligible for any interest earned/damages due to the non timely delivery of their royalties?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #365 on: September 06, 2005, 03:00:52 PM »

Have we heard whether the checks weren't returned to ASCAP immediately yet?

I say the checks because the claim says the money went to both Kobalt and Black frog.
It doesn't say How much of that went to who.

And according to Mr. Weitzman's 2nd announcement, Axl didn't even know of the incident.
I guess the office people of the management and the publishing company are in charge of the accounts.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #366 on: September 06, 2005, 03:14:21 PM »

I'd have to assume that S&D's people would be following up on that...? but, there hasn't been an update or word from them since Mr. Weitzman's statements (or their's).

Eva, any word on why Axl didn't return the 1st quarter funds immediately upon receipt and if Slash and Duff will be eligible for any interest earned/damages due to the non timely delivery of their royalties?

Falcon its most likely because he did not know. He said once he found out he returned it.? You really think Axl sees the checks that he gets for his royatlies? Of coarse he doesnt, he accountant does. Get a clue.

Also Slash and Duff just show how bitter they are by not dropping the suit. I really hope the courts fine them heavly for not dropping it and wasting the courts time and money.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #367 on: September 06, 2005, 03:29:23 PM »

I say the checks because the claim says the money went to both Kobalt and Black frog.

And according to Mr. Weitzman's 2nd announcement, Axl didn't even know of the incident.
I guess the office people of the management and the publishing company are in charge of the accounts.

ppebbe- In Axl, I should've stated Axl's financial people.  Someone has to be held responsible for the lack of timeliness of the royalty monies owed to the former members, not sure of the legalities of it all though. 

A safe bet would say the suit will not be dropped unless an amicable decision on court costs
and legal fees can be agreed on by both parties.  I'd say the chances of any compromise are slim and none..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #368 on: September 06, 2005, 03:32:41 PM »

ppebbe- In Axl, I should've stated Axl's financial people.? Someone has to be held responsible for the lack of timeliness of the royalty monies owed to the former members, not sure of the legalities of it all though.?

A safe bet would say the suit will not be dropped unless an amicable decision on court costs
and legal fees can be agreed on by both parties.? I'd say the chances of any compromise are slim and none..

If Duff and Slash dont drop this, it makes them look very bad. You ask what didnt Axls people return the money the minute they knew about it, well here is a question for you, what took Slash and Duffs lawyers so long to figure out the money was missing? Once they lawyer found out, he should have contacted Axls lawyers and fixed it but Slash and Duff are sue happy and just wanted another reason to sue Axl but in the end it makes Slash and duff look really bad for not trying to fix the problem before wasting the courts time.

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: September 06, 2005, 03:36:21 PM »

Slash/Duff to Pursue Lawsuit Against Axl Rose
6 September 2005, 6:35 PM

Attorney, Glendon Miskel, has told Splat that Slash and Duff will be pursuing their new lawsuit against Axl Rose, despite the singer's recent response.

Miskel told us, "The money was returned to ASCAP. However, Axl has not withdrawn his claim that he has the right to control a portion of the songs which are registered to Guns N' Roses Music."

Axl's attorney, Howard Weitzman, had told us last week that he hoped the case would be dropped.

Sounds to me like the 2 court cases are more interlinked then I believed. It's good to see that the money was returned and Axl isn't trying to fuck them over too badly if at all.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #370 on: September 06, 2005, 03:48:20 PM »

Duff and Slash are low lifes,  I love how they claim that Axl tries to screw them out of money but not letting songs be used in movies yet slash and duff are trying to claim in this law suit Axl does not have any rights to the songs. They already have a lawsuit for that, why are they trying to tack that on to this too? If this suit gets dismissed if favor of Axl it would help his case in the other.

rainX
« Reply #371 on: September 06, 2005, 04:14:25 PM »

Duff and Slash are low lifes,? I love how they claim that Axl tries to screw them out of money but not letting songs be used in movies yet slash and duff are trying to claim in this law suit Axl does not have any rights to the songs. They already have a lawsuit for that, why are they trying to tack that on to this too? If this suit gets dismissed if favor of Axl it would help his case in the other.

Nice post dave.

Btw, to all the "money talks" people, your just wishful thinkers. and as little as i want to see the old band get back together, it would revolt me even more if it was just for the money.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #372 on: September 06, 2005, 04:17:24 PM »

Miskel told us, "The money was returned to ASCAP."

Sure enough!  Angry I guess this case brought Sn D's side no credit. Again, haste makes weste. no
Thanks gigger for the info.

ppebbe- In Axl, I should've stated Axl's financial people. 

Falcon - I see. yes I just wanted to make it clear for some reason.

About the amount, actually Mr Weitzman says they returned it immidiately.

"If someone had taken the time to investigate or ask about this situation before rushing to judgment they would have learned that ASCAP (the entity that collects money for songwriters) made a clerical error and failed to appropriately divide and distribute the royalty's owed for the first quarter of 2005 to Axl and the former Guns N' Roses musicians. The amount ASCAP mistakenly sent to Axl's publisher was never received by Axl nor was he ever made aware of the error. The publisher alerted ASCAP to the error, returned the money immediately and asked ASCAP to remedy the situation by distributing the funds appropriately."

That's it! The truth is and will be out. Go Mr. Waitzman! ok
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2005, 04:17:52 PM »

Also the fact is Slash and Duff are too stupid to even realize they dont even need Axl to release songs. Wasnt the rule always that slash and axl have 50/50 say in the band and if they ever have a disagreement that duff was the tie breaker? I could have swore that is how it worked, unless Axl had veto power or something like that but if he did that would not make any sense. So does anyone rememeber this?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2005, 04:41:55 PM »

Sure enough!? Angry I guess this case brought Sn D's side no credit. Again, haste makes weste. no

Does anyone know how soon the monies were sent back to ASCAP for redistribution?  Obviously not in a timely enough manner to prevent the lawsuit, or so it seems.

There's two scenarios, either Axl's financial people sat on the royalties or ASCAP failed to hand over the former members cash once it had been returned. 

Either way, I would bet if a settlement is not agreed, one of the 2 parties (Axl/ASCAP) will be paying Slash and Duff's legal fees and court costs, not to mention interest penalties on the royalties not received.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #375 on: September 06, 2005, 04:44:21 PM »

Sure enough!? Angry I guess this case brought Sn D's side no credit. Again, haste makes weste. no

Does anyone know how soon the monies were sent back to ASCAP for redistribution?? Obviously not in a timely enough manner to prevent the lawsuit, or so it seems.

There's two scenarios, either Axl's financial people sat on the royalties or ASCAP failed to hand over the former members cash once it had been returned.?

Either way, I would bet if a settlement is not agreed, one of the 2 parties (Axl/ASCAP) will be paying Slash and Duff's legal fees and court costs, not to mention interest penalties on the royalties not received.

No they wont, if anything slash and duff will be paying the fees since they brought a case to court they did not have to be. Also it was paid back as no loss to slash or duff and yet they are still wasting their own legal fees. You really think a judge is going to give slash and duff legal fees on a case that they dont have to keep going on?  The settlement was reached, they got their money but they have not dropped the case. Like I keep sayign the court will frown upon this since they dont like their time  being wasted when it does not have to be.

Also I love how you keep doding my questions about slash, duff and their lawyer.

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #376 on: September 06, 2005, 04:53:49 PM »

Does anyone know how soon the monies were sent back to ASCAP for redistribution?? Obviously not in a timely enough manner to prevent the lawsuit, or so it seems.

There's two scenarios, either Axl's financial people sat on the royalties or ASCAP failed to hand over the former members cash once it had been returned.?

No they wont, if anything slash and duff will be paying the fees since they brought a case to court they did not have to be. Also it was paid back as no loss to slash or duff and yet they are still wasting their own legal fees. You really think a judge is going to give slash and duff legal fees on a case that they dont have to keep going on?? The settlement was reached, they got their money but they have not dropped the case. Like I keep sayign the court will frown upon this since they dont like their time? being wasted when it does not have to be.

Also I love how you keep doding my questions about slash, duff and their lawyer.

seriously man, you have no comprehension of the law. a settlement was NOT reached between the two parties. this isn't about the money now, it's about control of the music.

jesus, settle down and grow up.

now you know me better
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2005, 06:41:39 PM »

.... a settlement was NOT reached between the two parties...

Very true, not as of yet at least.?

The fact of the matter is Slash and Duff did not receive their royalties in a timely fashion and whomever is responsible for that is the party at fault and should be held accountable if a settlement is not reached.?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2005, 07:42:27 PM »

I'd have to assume that S&D's people would be following up on that...  but, there hasn't been an update or word from them since Mr. Weitzman's statements (or their's).

Flcon, Axl's lawyer said Axl didnt even recieve the money, the publishing company got the money and when they realised what happened they sent the money back right away. Axl didn't even know about this untill the lawsuit according to his lawyer.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2005, 08:23:36 PM »

.... a settlement was NOT reached between the two parties...

Very true, not as of yet at least.?

The fact of the matter is Slash and Duff did not receive their royalties in a timely fashion and whomever is responsible for that is the party at fault and should be held accountable if a settlement is not reached.?

No they wont, if anything slash and duff will be paying the fees since they brought a case to court they did not have to be. Also it was paid back as no loss to slash or duff and yet they are still wasting their own legal fees. You really think a judge is going to give slash and duff legal fees on a case that they dont have to keep going on?? The settlement was reached, they got their money but they have not dropped the case. Like I keep sayign the court will frown upon this since they dont like their time? being wasted when it does not have to be.

seriously man, you have no comprehension of the law. a settlement was NOT reached between the two parties. this isn't about the money now, it's about control of the music.

jesus, settle down and grow up.

Wrong you need to learn the law. This suit was because slash and duff claimed that Axl took all the royalty money. The first suit from earlier in the year was about the control of the music. Slash and Duff cannot sue axl in two different suits for the same thing.? This whole suit was because of royalties, it was a simple error and slash and duff got their money and the funds straighened out thus it was settled, but slash and duff are greedy and have not moved on thus are keeping the suit going.
Again axl sold his shares to sact not slash and duffs.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: