Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy joins Soul Asylum for two shows
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy joins Soul Asylum for two shows  (Read 18703 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2005, 09:20:49 AM »

cool for tommy, hope he gets back to Gn'R when things finally happen....  ok

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2005, 09:24:39 AM »

If Tommy has really joined Soul Asylum, I'd expect an official statement by GNR management or Axl to clarify the status of the band as it happened with Buckethead's departure.
I'm not expecting any statement from GNR management or Axl on Tommy's status with GNR. ?The circumstances surrounding BH's departure, especially GNR having to back out of Lisbon, made a statement a necessity. ?IMO, this Tommy's situation is different because he always appeared to be on the GNR bandwagon even when he's doing his solo stuff.
 ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »

Sp1at.com

Stinson Has Not Joined Soul Asylum
2 September 2005, 2:14 PM

It has been reported that Tommy Stinson of Guns n'roses has joined Soul Asylum, replacing former bassist Karl Mueller who recently died of throat cancer.
We can report that this information is false, and we'll let Merck Mercuriadis, manager of Guns n'roses, explain the real truth.

"Tommy has not joined Soul Asylum. They are longtime friends of his and he is doing two gigs with them in tribute to their late bass player Karl."

So there you have it. You can all go back to sleep now

Written by bigboss

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2005, 09:35:42 AM »

rofl rofl rofl

Tommy's not joining soul asylum. I love the way some of you guys get a sniff of someone leaving and believe it straight away.

He's just doing a couple of shows as a tribute to their bass player.

@#$%Funker
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2005, 09:45:51 AM »

One thing I love about the forum is any new gnr fan can make aby negative situation seem positive
One thing I love is watching so called fans liek yourself come out of the woodwrok everytime there is negative news. ALways making sure you add you much needed and caring opinion...

but Tommy is still in th eband. SO all is good. No GNR meltdown yet....Come Again

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2005, 09:46:59 AM »

Please note that Tommy is still a member of Guns N' Roses.
Thank you!

Tina Chang
Sanctuary Group Inc.

Here today...ready to rock
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2005, 09:58:40 AM »

it's not like the band is active ever.. One thing I love about the forum is any new gnr fan can make aby negative situation seem positive hihi

Maybe he is just for the album.. I thought they needed a new bass player being they don't have one..

Soul asylum doing an album in 4 months.. Then it will be complete shit since we know a good album takes at least 6 or 7 years to make Grin

Well I'm just going on the assumption that the ablum has been in the works for damn-near 10 years and alot of time, effort and money has gone into it. ?Why go through the trouble if you are not going to release something. IMO Axl doesn't even need anyone but him in the band because there are always musicians who are willing to tour with a big name.

I made a thread when i first joined that said Axl should just tour as W. Axl Rose but i got slammed for it being dead horse. That opinion still stands. Randy Rhodes, Jake E. Lee and Zack Wylde have all contributed heavily to Ozzy's solo career but the work is all Ozzy. Axl has the ability to do the same IMO. Any decent musician can learn to play any song. Whether the wirter of the song was slash, Bucket, Robin, Brian May or who the fuck ever. Ya-Know-What-I'm-sayin'? Then people here don't freak everytime we hear... "My god Richard left to tour with Nena", "Tommy is with Soul ASylum", "Brain just wants money", "Buckethead quit" yada-yada-yada

The album will come out and the band may not be like it was on the 2002 tour, but it may, really who fucking cares as long as Uncle Axl is the front man, I know I don't. It's all about Axl's vision. the other guys are just session musicians as far as I'm concerned, the only guns n roses i saw in 2002 was Axl. the rest were just guys playing GnR songs ?ok

Axl wouldn't have to worry about the lawsuits impacting his current project either

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2005, 10:28:20 AM »

mouais..well...I still stay prudent...by experience you know...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 10:35:54 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2005, 10:36:32 AM »

i'm tired .... tired ... tired .....
I've been waitin' for this album for the last 10 years : do you all know what i think?
Chinese Democracy will never NEVER come out..
I mean ... time goes by .... you signed a contract with axl ... you thought you could have been a badass musician
with nu gn'r ..... but axl doesn't put the record out.
After ,well 8 years, it's a little bit frustrating ?isn'it?
First Buckethead ' s departure and now , if confirmed ,this.I don't think Tommy is an important musician in gn'r economy but now ew are back from the start.....
Another neverendin' delay.....
I've been checkin' gn'r news since 98..... everyday......
I think i deserve ?respect from Axl
I'm REALLY TIRED
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2005, 10:39:39 AM »

Fuck.

I was hoping this would lead to more recordings and taking them a step further. Now we just have to settle fior the album , as it is .. sometime this year.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2005, 10:43:59 AM »

The album is done. The "next step" is to know wether Axl is mentally ready to release the album and to tour or not.
RIR5 may be the next step (may 2006, 8 month). The countdown already started for me.
Axl - Tommy- Richard- Robin- Brain - Dizzy and Chris have a lot to proove as a band and a lot to do to make justice to "Guns N' Roses", to make justice to the glorious past. Hope they will return as a cohesive band. BH's departure is a good sign to be taken more seriously as a "real" band by the general public.
Good luck to them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 10:52:41 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2005, 10:55:51 AM »

atleast this will give axl a chance to take the recordings to a new level.? hihi

Yeah ... chinese democracy starts now  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2005, 10:57:45 AM »

One thing I love about the forum is any new gnr fan can make aby negative situation seem positive
One thing I love is watching so called fans liek yourself come out of the woodwrok everytime there is negative news. ALways making sure you add you much needed and caring opinion...

but Tommy is still in th eband. SO all is good. No GNR meltdown yet....Come Again
I'm a fan of the real gnr and axl alone, i have no interest in any of the other guys as of this day.. Maybe if they played and made music I would be able to appreciate them more as axl's team members...

I didn't come out of the woowork for any negative news.. Maybe I should have disected the stupid lawsuit thread or something..?? I am into music touring and everything you expect from a band not the he said she said bullshitt hat gnr forums are mostly about these days
sweechile
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2005, 11:05:01 AM »

Oh darn...   I was hoping that tommy would be with Soul Asylum as permanent.   that is sad news.  He seemed to fit good with
those other hayseed type bands from midwest
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

If it is true, it?s probably just to make the album. I don?t think Tommy is doing anything til 2006 with guns n roses, and I don?t think it would take soul asylum more than 4 months to make an album.  Recruiting doesn?t mean joining the band. Just like Avil Levine recruited Josh Freese to play drums on her album. Also Tommys site doesn?t say he left gnr, or anything like that. But we ll see what happens. If Tommy did quit then it will be a huge blow to gnr since he is the 2nd most important member next to axl in this new gnr

If he did quit, are you going to finally acknowledge that this is a train wreck, DaveGnr2k1221?  How many musicians can walk through this revolving door before you stop praising 'nu' Gnr?  Remember Paul Huge/Tobias? Remember Buckethead, the savior, the greatest guitarist that ever was?  How about Josh Freese?  Didn't Brian May play with Axl? How many producers have there been so far? 3? 4? Sounds like you'll be adding Stinson to this list.  Heck, it would be really funny if Axl quit his own band and left the GnR name to Dizzy, LOL.

"It'll be out by 2009"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2005, 11:10:55 AM »

He seemed to fit good with those other hayseed type bands from midwest
You mean unlike being able to fit in a band where the lead singer IS a hayseed from the midwest? ?hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sweechile
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2005, 11:22:59 AM »

at least Axl got the hell outta the midwest and made it in los angeles, there is nothing hayseed about AFD.
Now the Replacements, Sould Asylum,   what a bunch of shit, with that 80's hick sound,  and why do they
have to try to sing like Bob Dylan, that is not a good singer influence?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2005, 11:24:52 AM »

Fuck.

I was hoping this would lead to more recordings and taking them a step further. Now we just have to settle fior the album , as it is .. sometime this year.

We have to strip this band down to Axl and his housekeeper to recreate musical history. Then, in a few years, we will hear the stories of the epic recording sessions that paralleled that of the Let it Be sessions in which Axl and Beta achieved integrated musical synergy.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2005, 11:25:29 AM »

If you wanna talk about Soul Asylum, do it in the right section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2005, 11:26:06 AM »

If it is true, it?s probably just to make the album. I don?t think Tommy is doing anything til 2006 with guns n roses, and I don?t think it would take soul asylum more than 4 months to make an album.  Recruiting doesn?t mean joining the band. Just like Avil Levine recruited Josh Freese to play drums on her album. Also Tommys site doesn?t say he left gnr, or anything like that. But we ll see what happens. If Tommy did quit then it will be a huge blow to gnr since he is the 2nd most important member next to axl in this new gnr

If he did quit, are you going to finally acknowledge that this is a train wreck, DaveGnr2k1221?  How many musicians can walk through this revolving door before you stop praising 'nu' Gnr?  Remember Paul Huge/Tobias? Remember Buckethead, the savior, the greatest guitarist that ever was?  How about Josh Freese?  Didn't Brian May play with Axl? How many producers have there been so far? 3? 4? Sounds like you'll be adding Stinson to this list.  Heck, it would be really funny if Axl quit his own band and left the GnR name to Dizzy, LOL.

didn't you just read the statement from Merck? He hasn't left. Please leave your open mouth, slash ass kissing for another day.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: