Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:36:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For the people wondering about the quality of the songs on CD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the people wondering about the quality of the songs on CD  (Read 25093 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2005, 11:49:09 AM »

dave-gnfnr2k your posts always crack me up rofl, Whenever you give your opinion about something you make it sound like it's a fact that's just fucking ridiculous man! Undecided
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2005, 12:51:47 PM »

geez guys, I can't believe you are still posting on this board!!!  I mean, from what dave has told me in the past, if you say anything negative about Axl Rose then you aren't a fan of the band and that equates to you not being allowed to post here. 

By the way, what was that brilliant statement he made?  Axl busts his ass for his fans?  One of you hit the nail on the head with that one.... haha no album, a shitty single on a soundtrack, a failed tour featuring 2 riots and a slew of cancelled appearances.  Get that man some Kool-Aid, he has been working tooooo hard lately!!!!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2005, 01:09:55 PM »

When wasn't there turbulence with GNR and Axl? How riots did GNR have, but now you want to talk shit about Axl? What a hypocrite. Shit, you remember the kid that died at one of GNR's shows. Axl is what Axl does, and any shit can go down with GNR from the past and the GNR of now.

"One of you hit the nail on the head with that one.... haha no album, a shitty single on a soundtrack, a failed tour featuring 2 riots and a slew of cancelled appearances.  Get that man some Kool-Aid, he has been working tooooo hard lately!!!!"

This dumbass quote could have easily have been written in 1989

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2005, 01:15:33 PM »

my point is that the guy has never worked hard before and never will.  He does what he wants at his pace and if you don't like it its too bad.  Not saying its a bad thing, but big dave feels that he is an extremely hard worker.  Credit should not be given if it is not deserved.

And I guess I know how young Buddha feels about Axl.   love
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2005, 01:48:48 PM »

How young I feel about Axl? Is that some queer pickup line?

Your goin off about what your point is, but what the hell are you goin off about? You are in a GNR message board dude, and you want to talk shit about a fan of Axl's? That is some Dee Dee Dee retarded shit. Shit I wonder if this goes on with other groups? where people take there time to sign up and register, then talk shit about the fans being fans. You must be one board mother effer to be be wasting your time like that.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2005, 03:16:53 PM »

dave-gnfnr2k your posts always crack me up rofl, Whenever you give your opinion about something you make it sound like it's a fact that's just fucking ridiculous man! Undecided

Read my disclaimer on my sig. You really should learn to read.  It was for booker but it can be for simpletons like you too.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2005, 03:17:37 PM »

IRS blows away any rocker that VR did.? VR could only dream of making a song as great or as catchy as IRS and IRS that we heard was just a demo.? I think slash forgot how to make good songs, its too bad he does not have Axl to pull the best out of him, its obvious that Scott cant do that and lets slash just have ass his songs like slash always wanted to do but Axl would never let him.

I thought you didn't wanna make this about Axl vs Slash or Old vs New....? ?Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I didnt but Saul and Co did and you allowed it, so I went with it. Not my fault.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2005, 03:19:23 PM »

Alright crackers...

So what are they? From your POV, what Rock tracks are as fucking cool as IRS? What I said might seem bold to you, buts its real.

...can't wait to hear what you funboys think is cooler then the demo of IRS.

umm, most of Soubndgardens Superunknown and Badmotorfinger
several tracks of Angel Dust by Faith no More
several Janes Addiction tracks
several off Green Days latest
several off Elephant by White Stripes
Nirvana?
AIC?
Pearl Jam?

Take your pick dude, theres too many to get into

What songs? And why are you going to the 90s for a lot of the songs. Name the songs not bands.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »

geez guys, I can't believe you are still posting on this board!!!? I mean, from what dave has told me in the past, if you say anything negative about Axl Rose then you aren't a fan of the band and that equates to you not being allowed to post here.?

By the way, what was that brilliant statement he made?? Axl busts his ass for his fans?? One of you hit the nail on the head with that one.... haha no album, a shitty single on a soundtrack, a failed tour featuring 2 riots and a slew of cancelled appearances.? Get that man some Kool-Aid, he has been working tooooo hard lately!!!!

Again taking what I said out of context. Dont put words in my mouth because you are not smart enough for that.  Like I said, I find it funny that is always ok to talk bad about Axl yet when someone talks bad about Slash oh no that is blasphomy.  What I also said was, if  you are just going to come here to rag on Axl then no you should not post here. Why would you post on a board that you hate or dislike the singer. It would be like someone going to a BSB board and talking bad about the band. So if you are going to claim something I said, atleast get it correct.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2005, 03:56:47 PM »

Alright crackers...

So what are they? From your POV, what Rock tracks are as fucking cool as IRS? What I said might seem bold to you, buts its real.

Nirvana?
AIC?
Pearl Jam?

What songs? And why are you going to the 90s for a lot of the songs. Name the songs not bands.

i named the albums because my whole point was there are too many songs to name.
the 90's? come on Dave, sharpen up boy
It was in response to Buddha claiming IRS is the best rock song of the last 15 years? so the 90's is pretty much relevant here.

My personal opinion of the best song of the last 15yrs?
The Day I tried to live - Soundgarden

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2005, 04:00:49 PM »

Alright crackers...

Nirvana?
AIC?
Pearl Jam?

i named the albums because my whole point was there are too many songs to name.
the 90's? come on Dave, sharpen up boy
It was in response to Buddha claiming IRS is the best rock song of the last 15 years? so the 90's is pretty much relevant here.

My personal opinion of the best song of the last 15yrs?
The Day I tried to live - Soundgarden

My point was since IRS is new why not pick a song atleast from the last few years? You had to go back to the 90s just to find bands songs that can come close.? I love greendays album but not one song on that album comes close to IRS.? I know the 90s was in the 15 year spectrem but come on now, try and name something current since IRS is current to the new gnr. My point was you named pretty much every band that was around in the 90s. Why not anything newer? Its because you know that IRS is better than anything out there right now.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2005, 04:01:31 PM »

geez guys, I can't believe you are still posting on this board!!!? I mean, from what dave has told me in the past, if you say anything negative about Axl Rose then you aren't a fan of the band and that equates to you not being allowed to post here.?

By the way, what was that brilliant statement he made?? Axl busts his ass for his fans?? One of you hit the nail on the head with that one.... haha no album, a shitty single on a soundtrack, a failed tour featuring 2 riots and a slew of cancelled appearances.? Get that man some Kool-Aid, he has been working tooooo hard lately!!!!

Again taking what I said out of context. Dont put words in my mouth because you are not smart enough for that.? Like I said, I find it funny that is always ok to talk bad about Axl yet when someone talks bad about Slash oh no that is blasphomy.? What I also said was, if? you are just going to come here to rag on Axl then no you should not post here. Why would you post on a board that you hate or dislike the singer. It would be like someone going to a BSB board and talking bad about the band. So if you are going to claim something I said, atleast get it correct.

How does slash get into each conversation that says soemthing negative about axl? Fuck if slash was fucking us over and lying about albums or taking forever on something he drew my attention on I would be like he's slacking too..

Most of the bullshit isn't about axl's talent it's about the wasted time and the fans sitting around with their thumbs up their asses waiting..

many people turn negative feeling towards axl into well contraband isn't as good as gnr tunes or slash needs axl to get him to work harder..

For forum's sake I would love to see the arguments people would have if there wasn't an ex member album to cry about and say how it doesn't live up to what axl does or what he is capable of doing..

if I didn't fall in love with irs it doesn't mean someone needs to say well it's better then anything off contraband.. Everyone is free to like or dislike the album but my feelings towards IRS personally has nothing to do with vr, slash's capablitites or contraband..
rainX
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2005, 04:04:31 PM »

excellent post dave, that's an interesting way to look at it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2005, 04:05:10 PM »

Mike here is what starting the whole contraband and slash stuff.

I think it'll be amazing based on the fact that the band has some talented people in it.

/jarmo

Usually, I would tend to agree with you Jarmo, but Contraband was far from amazing in my opinion. Even having such talent as Slash and Duff.

I tried to get people to steer clear of that but everyone joined in so I did also. Just look at my posts before that one. I didnt want this thread to go down that road, but the usual suspects made it.

I dont understand how my post about, bascailly the CD is going to be new gnrs greatest hits since they were supposted to have had three albums out by now if they started putting out the first album in 1999, and the quality could be something like the orginal bands GHs which i listed if they took that long. And that turned into a new vs old thread .

Wow, just Wow.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 04:07:24 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2005, 04:09:28 PM »

dave don't try and act like I brought new gnr vs vr into this conversation.. I quoted you so please.. I simply said if a person that if a person says something negative about your post or irs it doesn't mean hey lets say contraband isn't as good or bring in slash's lack of playing on it or however else you feel..

If people don't see your point in how afd /illusions in 5-6 years shows me how the new album with different players can be similar you jump into how it's better then contraband..

I said they have potential but was much more impressed by the original gnr's work over the new one.. That is why I am unsure of your theory.. ok

all this vr new gnr why axl is going to make a great album or why it's cool it's taking so long is getting so fucking boring already.. God these forums need music n shows to talk a bout.. yes Cry
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 04:11:15 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2005, 04:11:28 PM »

dave don't try and act like I brought new gnr vs vr into this conversation.. I quoted you so please.. I simply said if a person that if a person says something negative about your post or irs it doesn't mean hey lets say contraband isn't as good or bring in slash's lack of playing on it or however else you feel..

If people don't see your point in how afd /illusions in 5-6 years shows me how the new album with different players can be similar you jump into how it's better then contraband..

I said they have potential but was much more impressed by the original gnr's work over the new one.. That is why I am unsure of your theory.. ok

I never said  you did, where did you get that from?  And like I said I joined in since that was where the thread started to go. Like I pointed out in drews post that mentioned contraband.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »

I had saw the mike here is what starting the whole contraband and slash stuff.. I thought you were pointing me out for some reason..
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2005, 04:32:27 PM »

So what if Axl cancels a few appearances, he donated proceeds from a song towards saving dolphins dude!! Cheesy

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2005, 04:42:06 PM »

"I am too tired and am not doing to bother spell checking this, so dont bother talking shit about my spelling since I am sure? you will since you just got owned."

This part cracked me up the most? rofl Dave, I dont need to be so petty as to pick on your spelling - theres a wealth of factual inaccuaracies, misquotes, vague assertions, and downright lies I can focus on.

"So how didnt axl move on again?"

Um, how about in 12 years not releasing an album hes promised his fans years ago, clinging on to the GNR name, failed tours, little to no communication with fans, slandering his former colleagues in the press etc.. etc.. . But no, its Slash and Duff with their multi platinum new band, grammy wins, hit singles, and sold out tours, not to mention wives and families, that havent moved on.

#2 IRS sounds NOTHING like anything off of AFD and NOTHING like contraband. What songs on either of those albums does IRS sound like?

Thats my opinion that it sounds like something off AFD Dave - I might add that several other people here have thought the same thing. Nowhere have I compared it to anything on Contraband Dave, nice try though. How about you describe to me what it sounds like? Id be interested to hear why it's so groundbreaking and unique.

3 Slash blatenered sampled the SCOM riff and a few other classic gnr riffs and put them on contraband, and why?

Again, like I said in my last post, Slash wrote those riffs and no one else. They are as much his signature as Axls raspy scream. So by that logic if Axl has any raspy screams on CD, he is rehashing old ideas? Haha - lets see how you can justify that one Dave?? hihi

Axl still works his butt off

haha this one really takes the cake. Yeah, no album in 12 years and failed tours /riots. Yeah Axls dilligance has really benefited his fans right?

As for nov rain and estranged not? being as good without slashs riffs, that is just not true. If they were just piano based they would still be amazing. Much like an Elton John or Billy Joel song.

I for one, will listen to Elton John and Billy Joel if I want to hear that type of music, not GNR. Slash took those songs somewhere else, otherwise they would have been just good piano ballads, not the classic songs they are.

5 Your comments about the blues, irs and madagascar and what you say about contraband is just laughable.

People like you crack me up. You can hail how amazing the medorice contraband album

Again, where I have I stated that contraband is a brilliant album? Quote me, I never have. More bullshit Dave. You saying this is missing the point entirely.

have your fun now while it lasts, the true fans that have stood by guns n roses through think and thin will have the last laugh.

Rubbish. I want CD to be brilliant and a success. You can look over several posts where Ive stated as much. The difference is Im not prepared to rewrite GNR history by claiming that Axl was solely responsible for their success/brilliance. Thats the difference between a GNR fan and a blind Axl zealot. A true fan will also call Axl out when he treats his fans like shit.

#7 I just wonder what will happen if God forbid? CD is better than AFD. I know people like you and the ususal suspects would never admit, but if that day ever comes, I bet most of you would never show your face on the board again.

If its an amazing album Ill be more than happy to say so and share ideas with other fans. People like you will never realise that AFD was a moment in time that can never be repeated, no matter how good CD is. a) its an entirely different band and b) a different time and circumstance. Comparing the two will be futile and is the kind of puerile comparison that Ive come to expect of you Dave.

So now I await you to resort to personal attacks, name calling and childish insults.
the response of someone who really got owned? hihi hihi

OH I almosted missed your reply jim.

Again you have not explained how Axl has not moved on. Him taking since 1999 to release an album has nothing to do with him not moving on. ?Moving on has to do with putting the old band behind him, something he has done yet slash and duff have not, just look at the lawsuits as one example. You dont understand what moving on is do ?you? Also Grammys dont mean shit since just look at who wins them, its a bunch of old guys who vote. AFD never won any grammys so by your logic contraband is better than AFD right?

If IRS sounds like something off of AFD then what songs on of AFD does it sound like? Name one. Because IRS sounds nothing like an AFD type song.

About you comparing Slash ripping off riffs from AFD to Axls screams being the same thing is a joke right? If you really think that then all hope is lost for you. How are Axls singing style and slash taking a riff he made for AFD and using it again on contraband the same thing? ?Nice logic there.

I guess you did not read what people said about axl being in the studio for like 12 hours at a time working on this album and fine tuning it to make it pefect. How is that not working your butt off? As for it benifiting the fans, we wont know until the album is released but juding from IRS, the blues and madagascar if those are really the fillers of the album like Axl and merk claim then CD is going to be well worth the wait.

As for Axl ?being soley resposible for the sucess of gnr. That is pretty much a fact. ?Axl was the one with a vision, and the one who drove the band to be the biggest band in the word in the 90s since the beatles. Slash, duff and Izzy were conent with being a club band but Axl wanted the band to the great. ?Axl is the main reason for gnrs sucess, as for the band and their songs, Axls songs over the others have stood the test of time. Just look at izzys and duffs songs most of them cept for a few gems have not while axls are still great. ?yes they all had a hand in making gnr great, but Axl was the main driving force of the band. Just look at Contraband, slash and duffs solo stuff, that proves my point right there.

As for AFD never being repeated, of coarse its going to, they say that about every huge album but alas it always happens. Can Axl strike gold again only time will tell but another band will come along and strike fire again like gnr did with AFD.

The End.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2005, 04:50:41 PM »

"The Day I tried to live - Soundgarden"

Man no, just no. Listen, I am a big Soundgarden fan, and this is a great song. But it is NOT IRS great. I understand this is your opinion though. The Day I tried to live is not even as memorable, innovative, or has the replayability of IRS. Man, you are just proving me right if that is your pic over IRS. I repeat:

IRS is the greatest Rocker of the last 15 years. And I am not even asking for a current song. You guys pick any from the 90's on. This all hit me one night, and as a music fan, I couldn't think of any that hit me in this immediate and gratifying way as IRS does.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: