Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Axl Like The Recording Studio Better Then On The Road?
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Axl Like The Recording Studio Better Then On The Road?  (Read 2780 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: September 09, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »

I was jsut thinking about this on my way home..Cause most bands ive heard talk say they like it better on the road..But do ya think axl likes the studio?Cause we know he was forced to released the Illusion albums and we still havent seen Chinese Democracy..And i know alot of people think that Axl is shy or hes not good around people..Could that be a reason he would rather take his time in the studio?Just some questions

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 03:33:24 PM »

I think, and this coming from someone who digs going to GNR shows (or used to), Axl needs to retire from the concert scene like the Beatles did. He should just concentrate on his music and perfecting his craft and creating. The music and getting that music out, is more important then live shows.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 03:37:28 PM »

I think Slash said to the effect that it was Axl who wanted to go on with the mega tour like hell.

Maybe it's something to do with the law of inertia. Like, Once he starts something he can't stop???
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 03:49:30 PM »

I think Slash said to the effect that it was Axl who wanted to go on with the mega tour like hell.
Maybe it's something to do with the law of inertia. Like, Once he starts something he can't stop???
yeah that would be cool! I totally see Axl doing the maximum in studio, delliver a great record, and then going on a huge tour. I've never seen GN'R Live, but if it ever happens, I'd like to see a huge show. 

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 04:03:40 PM »

I don't think axl likes touring as I read in the past.. He likes to create music.. I don't know how he feels about releasing music though.. Cheesy
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 04:31:09 PM »

At this point I think it's possible that he doesn't like either.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 05:16:41 PM »

At this point I think it's possible that he doesn't like either.

I agree, the road has never been Axl's strongsuit and as Matt Sorum said on "Behind The Music" concerning the UYI sessions, "sightings of Axl Rose were few and far between".

Oh well..

He's obviously at a point in life where doing things at his own pace are more appealing. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 05:40:03 PM »

"He's obviously at a point in life where doing things at his own pace are more appealing."

Isn't this every man's fucking dream? Really think about that.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 05:44:59 PM »

"He's obviously at a point in life where doing things at his own pace are more appealing."

In agreeing with The Dirts original post, that's the point I was trying to convey.  As much as we'd all like an album and tour, it just might not be the main priority in his life at this point.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 06:41:23 PM »

In agreeing with The Dirts original post, that's the point I was trying to convey.? As much as we'd all like an album and tour, it just might not be the main priority in his life at this point.

it probably isn't.. I wonder where it ranks with his mates though... Axl is a very rich man who lives a super private life and needs to rush nothing.. In 87 things needed to be rushed because they were broke.. So now he may not be improving on the material but just in no rush being care free
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 06:59:26 PM »

I also think Axl shouldn't tour anymore. Well, maybe do a mini tour playing several large cities around the world so the fans who never seen GNR live would get their chance. After that, no more touring. I would much rather see him try to add to the GNR legacy with some good albums instead of embarassing himself out on tour.

Kitano
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 07:10:16 PM »

Once he has a good album released then he won't be under so much pressure when he tours.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 07:36:59 PM »

embarassing himself out on tour.
Im not sure if you were at MSG or not but the sold out crowd sure wasnt feeling sorry for Axl or the band that night. SO Im quite not sure what you mean by embarrassing. And I also have a dozen or so boots and the whole tour on CDs. From the looks of those 6 or 7 tapes and sound of every concert the band sounded great to me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 07:38:42 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »

I didn't mean being embarassed by the quality of Axl's performance or the band. I meant the tardiness, no shows, and riots. A world tour cannot be sustained with behavior like that.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 07:51:26 PM »

Just remember , it's the touring where the band and label make the real money.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 07:54:31 PM »

I meant the tardiness, no shows, and riots. A world tour cannot be sustained with behavior like that.
The world put up with that with him in old gnr. My point is its nothing new.

Axl needs to have an album out in order for him to have any leg to stand on. Until he does that he will be the brunt of many jokes.

An album is what is needed. From there all they have to do is ORGANIZE a tour that suits the reception of the album. WHy play in Idaho or North Dakota when you dont have an album out. Makes no sense. If they just played in the big cities last tour it would have been considered a success. Poor planning.

The good thing is....that can all be fixed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 07:57:33 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2005, 10:12:50 AM »

my question is, do you think Axl will bring with him the studio ON the road... ?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2005, 10:35:32 AM »

I think these days Axl likes his house in Malibu better than the recording studio and the road.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 07:17:02 AM »

When was the last time Axl was actually in a recording studio? Huh

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2005, 02:55:29 PM »

hopefully axl wasn`t in a recording studio for a decent time frame now, because the recording is finished and he`s working on a release date/ sequencing/ etc...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2005, 06:23:23 PM »

lets just weigh up the past fewyears. How long has axl spent in the studio and how long has he spent on the road. I am worried that Axl will never return. I have always belived that everybody should do one thing a day that scares them. I guess Axl needs to do something that scares him.

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: