Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:52:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tour In 06?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tour In 06?  (Read 11416 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 11:22:39 AM »

Anyone heard any news on Finck? He doesn't do many side projects while GNR is in hiberenation. Has he just been watching TV & updating his web site for 3 years?

If you read the web site, then you'll get an idea of some of the things he's done.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 11:31:57 AM »

I always think about what the new members have in their head when it finally starts.. Do they expect a super long tour like the illusion's days?? Also how will they feel if this all starts and they say my waiting and patience has payed off only to have axl leave the band in an arena when the newest riot begins.. it's not being negative either, it's just something any gnr fan should think about and expect..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 12:12:34 PM »

Anyone heard any news on Finck? He doesn't do many side projects while GNR is in hiberenation. Has he just been watching TV & updating his web site for 3 years?

If you read the web site, then you'll get an idea of some of the things he's done.

/jarmo

yeah, it also seams that he`s been travelin alot.... Charity maybe?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 05:46:19 PM »

/jarmo
yeah, it also seams that he`s been travelin alot.... Charity maybe?

Check out 'Quest / Call & Response / You First'. Latest entry, last question.

Robin seems to be a good person.  ok

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »

Good point, Mike. The first year after CD's release is going to be very interesting. Its going to be the steepest mountain that new GNR has had to climb. Does Axl stay home and just have GNR be a studio band? Or does he risk the implosion of GNR by attempting some huge tour? For the sake of this version of GNR, I think he should just go the studio route. Axl can still be a success without touring. Not touring gives us fans the better chance of getting more albums from GNR. I know most people here hate to hear this, but a tour is just too risky. He couldnt handle the 2002 tour, and 99% of the world didn't give a shit. How's he gonna handle it when all eyes are on him? Imagine the nightmare of the last tour if GNR had actually been popular. There probably would have been deaths. This new generation is different. If Axl attracts a new fanbase with his new material, his state of mind is gonna have to change if he's gonna tour. This new generation that loves Eminem, 50 cent, gangbanger mentality, violence, and instant gratification is not going to be happy when Axl walks off the stage in mid performance because his vocals on Riyadh sucked. You can bet it wont go as smoothly as any of the past riots. It will be St. Lois magnified a 1000 times. There will be a chance of this every night of the tour. This isn't the 90's, folks. The paranoia of Axl and the aura of danger that surrounded GNR on tour isnt cool anymore. In this day and age, it's a nuclear bomb waiting to explode.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2005, 06:39:03 PM »

Several members (including Axl and Robin) hinted about a huge new tour (years touring). So I guess they indeed plan to be a long time on the road.

This new generation that loves Eminem, 50 cent, gangbanger mentality, violence, and instant gratification is not going to be happy when Axl walks off the stage in mid performance because his vocals on Riyadh sucked.

You really love to keep bashing the song and put your opinion like it's everybody's point of view, huh?

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2005, 06:42:04 PM »

I'm not holding my breath waiting for the album to come out, let alone a tour. ?I have a friend who actually saw the newer version of GnR twice when they toured last time. ?I don't know how she managed that, considering how short it was. ?Saw them in Chicago and Detroit, and actually had an opportunity to watch Axl get pissed and walk out in the middle of Patience. ?Things haven't changed. ?I know there's diehards here, but I guess I'm old school. ?It's not GnR anymore. ?He needs to give it up and regroup with something different. ?If he came out with the same band he has but a new name, I'd have more respect for him - a little more respect. ?He's just making the name GnR into a colossal joke. ?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2005, 06:44:13 PM »

Several members (including Axl and Robin) hinted about a huge new tour (years touring). So I guess they indeed plan to be a long time on the road.

[

I just can't see it happening, to be on the road a long time, and actually make it happen successfully. 
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2005, 06:47:49 PM »

Sure you can't. You can't even see this band as GNR. Too negative for me...

Also, you can always bitch about the current situation here.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2005, 07:04:33 PM »

He's just making the name GnR into a colossal joke.

I don't know. I think some of the new material is good, but the collossal joke is not what Axl has made of the GN'R name in term of music, but more the collossal mistakes he did by bringing some guys in this band. He definitely failed about some guys (Buckethead). This is almost unforgivable for me. WTF happened in Axl's head when he decided to hire a guy like BH? Huh For me, that was an insult to the GN'R legacy. What a f** joke it was. It was like an immense mongol casting. That was neither serious, not credible. However, some guys like Tommy and Richard are immense talents and those guys do justice to the old band. In the new GN'R, people like to se just the bad things, but dont forget there are also good things. EVERYBODY knows the old band was the real deal, nobody contests that, but none of us are Axl or Slash. If they are enough stupid to behave like two 5 years old children in fight after 10 years that's their problems. Unfortunately, us, the fans, can't do anything.

The only answer to all that story will be the Chinese Democracy album.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »

Well, thank you for showing me that.  Maybe I belong there, instead.

(but it's still not GnR).   
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2005, 07:17:24 PM »

Well, thank you for showing me that. Maybe I belong there, instead.

(but it's still not GnR).
hihi
Ok, maybe they should change their name to "not-GNR" just to please you. Wink

He definitely failed about some guys (Buckethead). This is almost unforgivable for me. WTF happened in Axl's head when he decided to hire a guy like BH? Huh For me, that was an insult to the GN'R legacy. What a f** joke it was. It was like an immense mongol casting. That was neither serious, not credible.
Maybe Axl knows better than you what HE wants to do.
Also, it's really weird how in a thread about the rumour of the '06 tour you have to bash Buckethead and praise Richard. nervous

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2005, 07:26:41 PM »

Nesquick is calling for Slipdisc. Roll Eyes

Tommy says theyre gonna be on the road "until the cows come home" Cheesy

It's not GnR anymore.  He needs to give it up and regroup with something different.

I can't believe there's still the people chanting the same old slogan.
Mate,  it's you who needs to give it up! 
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2005, 07:39:49 PM »

It's not GnR anymore.  He needs to give it up and regroup with something different.

I can't believe there's still the people chanting the same old slogan.
Mate,  it's you who needs to give it up! 

great ppbebe!!!  ok peace smoking

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2005, 08:14:50 PM »

I really have entered "diehard" Axl fan territory here.  I just don't think he can pull it off, that's all.  People can keep waiting "until the cows come home". 
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2005, 12:13:18 AM »

hire a guy like BH?? For me, that was an insult to the GN'R legacy. What a f** joke it was. It was like an immense mongol casting.

Last time I saw you talking like that about Buckethead, you were sweating like a pedophile in mother care. Please understand that the real joke here are you, for disrespecting people?s intelligence; by assuming that the people on this board are still in for some more irrelevant, hate (=?mongol casting? = finally we get to see your true motives) ignorance driven, clueless Buckethead bashing by you. Especially, since they witnessed the last time you pulled a thread off topic, by introducing Buckethead. The same guy you used as an excuse (=?he doesn?t interest me, I don?t want to waste time discussing him?) only a couple of days ago, to flee "for cryin' out loud" from a ?discussion? you initiated and carried (=euphemism of the year) with an equal amount of ignorance and absence of argumentation.

You are living and breathing proof for everything I assumed about you in the last thread I directed at you and I really don?t care if you read it or not?Here you are again, starting something of which we already know; you don?t carry the goods to finish anyhow? I really couldn?t ask for more?really.

-PEACE-

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2005, 08:07:32 AM »

I wont even touch on the childish BH disses , other then to say that maybe , like Buckethead , it's time to "move on" ?

Anyways , I could easily see a HUGE tour happening and working if and when Democracy drops and is a success. If the albym is strong , sell's well then theres no reason why a big tour couldnt and wouldnt happen. (keep in mind I'm going on the assumption that axl himself is ready and willing to undertake said tour)

Get 2 really good opening bands and just bust out 80 - 90 % new material!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2005, 08:18:00 AM »

I could easily see a HUGE tour happening and working if and when Democracy drops and is a success. If the albym is strong , sell's well then theres no reason why a big tour couldnt and wouldnt happen. (keep in mind I'm going on the assumption that axl himself is ready and willing to undertake said tour)
Get 2 really good opening bands and just bust out 80 - 90 % new material!
- Yes, the word "HUGE" is definitely what I hope too. Some gigs like that http://www.cochonsalemontreal.com/video/MYGNR_MONTREAL_1992.wmv or that http://pages.infinit.net/gnr/556634/MYGNR_RIO_III_WELCOME.wmv , something big, something huge. the potencial is here.
- 80-90 % of new material is impossible, especially if you really want 50, 60 or 70 thousands people to come to the gigs. You need to play the classics, or at least, the 8-10 most important old GN'R songs that people want to hear. You can't deny your past, Axl knows it. I think start with 70-30, then 60-40 then 50-50 between the old and the new songs after a few month. 50-50 would be equilibrated. 10 old songs and 10 new ones, a 2H show. it should be progressive. let the time for people to know the new material when the album is out. Don't force them with almost an entire show with entire new songs they don't know yet.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 08:21:35 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2005, 08:52:12 AM »

I wont even touch on the childish BH disses , other then to say that maybe , like Buckethead , it's time to "move on" ?

Thank you.

Too bad a certain board member has to bring up the subject in every thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2005, 01:05:40 PM »

Why does anyone care how someone views this band?? The name gnr and it's members have different meaning to different people.. if you were an afd gnr fan then that is who gnr is to you, if you caught the illusions that might be what gnr is to you, and the new era as well.. I am a huge gnr fan, but of the past but I do have interest in axl rose so what I call gnr really doesn't matter.. We all have similar reasons for being here wether gnr of the past or axl rose of the present n future.. if people would just understand that the entire board would function much better imo..

There's adifference between loving a band because you started with them and grew to love them then to later have a new band under the same name and force yourself to like them.. it's not easy to be an older gnr fan and just like whoever axl chose to work with and just say it's gnr and I like them...

I will always be interested in axl rose, the gnr name, and the people who I grew up loving in that band.. people just shouldn't try to change others or get pissed because they have their own interpertation of what gnr is and will always be..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: