Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When CD comes out and they finally tour will gnr play all of chinese democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When CD comes out and they finally tour will gnr play all of chinese democracy?  (Read 18875 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2005, 04:49:17 PM »

I'll tell you what I'd like...

I'd like there to be no guarantee that I'm going to hear Welcome to the Jungle
I'd like there to be no guarantee that I'm going to hear Sweet Child O' Mine
I'd like there to be no guarantee that I'm going to hear X number of songs from (insert album name)
I'd like there to be no guarantee that the show closes with Paradise City

If this band is going to be "Guns N' Roses", then what I think should happen is they should learn as many of the old songs as possible & of course all of their new material.? Then draw up a different setlist for every fucking show!? You guys talk about how talented they are, yet you're all coming up with a "routine" and "hoops" for the band to jump through... "How many times would you like to see Axl do his snake dance?", "Do you think Mr. Brownstone should be followed by a rant?"

Ok, they will need to promote their new material so the setlist may be a little heavy towards new songs, but I don't want to know exactly which new songs will be played... I also don't want to know exactly which old songs they are going to play.? Some of the suggestions I've heard in this thread sound like the most boring concerts ever ("Ok ok, they play all of CD, open with Jungle, close with PC and sprinkle in SCOM and November Rain").

If I'm at a concert and I honestly don't know what the next song is going to be, THAT'S exciting... and if my favourite GN'R song doesn't make the setlist?? All the more reason to hit up the next concert in the next city.

AwesomE!!! ?ok That would be great and it's basically what i'm thinking too, but You can prolly pretty much Guarantee that NR will be played. That song is Axl's baby, his crowning moment, I think he'll always play it.

I'm not sure but i think that since UYI's NR has always been a middle song for pretty much every show, please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it has.

misterbrownstone
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2005, 04:55:36 PM »

i just want it to vary from show to show unlike the last tour.  nothing original that would make you want to go to more than one show, y'know.  i'd like to see something like this (in no order):

WTTJ
OTGM/mr. brownstone
SCOM
PC
patience
civil war/double talkin' jive
estranged/NR/don't cry
KOHD/live n let die
chinese democracy
the blues
maddy
I.R.S.

and then the new songs.

but i don't wanna neciscaily end with PC.  a new song may be cool to end with.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2005, 06:28:29 PM »

Hmm, They played about 120 mins of 18~19 songs + solos n such in 02
I'd estimate the number of the songs to be smaller than that when they play the songs off CD and at about 12~17. I say 15  for now.

I gather from what Tommy said, that he didn't get a chance to hear all of the mixed songs cos he was pressed for time, The 6 of pretty epics Tommy hadn't heard finished till then and managed to hear might be indeed very long. You don't just have one go to check out the mind-blowing pieces you worked on. Maybe they are the orchestral ones. He says A few of the songs are pretty epic in length and all the six are fucking huge epics.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2005, 11:53:55 AM »

I highyly fukin doubt they will play every fukin song on CD.  Where are some of you guys from anyway, like retard land or something.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2005, 11:56:58 AM »

Nah dave I think they will play mostly new stuff. If there are 18 songs on the new album then you can prolly bet on at least 12-15 played live and maybe 3-4 old songs. November Rain for sure, WTTJ, PC, maybe Sweet Child.

I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out though ok

Dumbest fukin thing Ive ever read, Do you really think there only gonna play 3or4 older tunes.  WTF.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2005, 12:38:15 PM »

Nah dave I think they will play mostly new stuff. If there are 18 songs on the new album then you can prolly bet on at least 12-15 played live and maybe 3-4 old songs. November Rain for sure, WTTJ, PC, maybe Sweet Child.

Dumbest fukin thing Ive ever read, Do you really think there only gonna play 3or4 older tunes.  WTF.

Likely as not. Like it or not.  Actually I'd like less oldies than that but I shouldn't ask too much.

Why you call the idea 'the Dumbest fukin thing'? Care to elaborate?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2005, 12:53:34 PM »

Dumbest fukin thing Ive ever read, Do you really think there only gonna play 3or4 older tunes.? WTF.

Likely as not. Like it or not.? Actually I'd like less oldies than that but I shouldn't ask too much.

Why you call the idea 'the Dumbest fukin thing'? Care to elaborate?

You really think the new band is going to want to still play more old gnr songs than the new ones they had a part in writing? If it ever gets to the 3rd album, I think it will be all new songs save wttj, pc, scom and nov rain.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2005, 01:03:22 PM »

Dave are you tellin me? Cry
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2005, 01:22:52 PM »

Dumbest fukin thing Ive ever read, Do you really think there only gonna play 3or4 older tunes.? WTF.

Just curious, do you know how many AFD songs (on average) they played on the UYI tour?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2005, 01:56:27 PM »

Just curious, do you know how many AFD songs (on average) they played on the UYI tour?

a lot, but that's because they had no fucking music really.. They had toured for some years with only one album so they had to expand..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2005, 02:15:51 PM »

a lot, but that's because they had no fucking music really.. They had toured for some years with only one album so they had to expand..

I just checked out some old set lists and they played WTTJ, NT, ISE, Mr.B, SCOM, PC, and Patience pretty regularily with the odd my michelle, move to the city, you're crazy or rocket queen. but no more than 6 or 7 non-uyi tracks per night.

Then they had Drum solo, Guitar Solo Piano Solo and Godfather for interludes

and a total of about 20-26 songs.

So for an example lets use 22 songs on average (that's how many songs they played when i saw them in 2002)

So 6 of 22 is about 1/4 of the show. so based on the UYI tour I'll say they'll play about 6 or 7 old tunes played not 4 OK?  ok (I dunno, maybe WTTJ, SCOM, NR, Patience, YCBM, PC & KOHD?)

then a drum solo, 2 guitar solos and a Piano solo, that makes 10 or 11 songs total so that leaves us with 11 or 12 new songs to play (out of 15 from the interscope rumor, or 18 like Axl's statement in 2002) Is that better?

I mean they will be promoting CD not older albums so concerts WILL be heavy on new tracks, without a doubt

madagas
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2005, 02:22:47 PM »

If they play any drum solos or any guitar solo/excursion over two minutes, I'll shoot Nesquick and James. Shocked hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2005, 02:41:15 PM »

Angry Do you mind!  I'm cherishing hopes for the Brains Mountol.  hihi

as for your second sentence, Go ahead either way.  Tongue
madagas
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2005, 02:45:51 PM »

I saw Brain do a wicked drum solo with Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains. It was pretty bad ass. He's the real deal. That was more of an experimental show. With Gnr, I would like to hear more songs...especially new songs. I don't mind short solo's, just not the twenty minute kind like on the uyi tour. peace
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 02:49:01 PM by madagas » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2005, 03:05:43 PM »

Ugh, twenty minutes of matts drum solo......how terrific.
Well Maybe that was to let the other members take a 20 minutes rest.
madagas
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2005, 03:08:44 PM »

Nope. It was to give me a twenty minute beer and piss break. It was brutal. hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2005, 05:11:37 PM »

Nope. It was to give me a twenty minute beer and piss break. It was brutal. hihi

So it wasn't all that bad, aye?  hihi
Somehow I tend to get very inattentive after a while (not longer than 45 mins) that I'd love such a break.

Do you mind!  I'm cherishing hopes for the Brains Mountol.

confused You mean Brain's Montreux? Learn to spell! Tongue
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2005, 08:47:10 PM »

I bet my left nut they play more than 4 older songs.  Thats my point.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2005, 05:50:15 PM »

WTTJ
SCOM
NR
PC

those are the definitie hits.  those are the most recognizable Guns N' Roses songs. these are THE classic

As much as I'd love RQ, Patience, KOHD, and LALD to be included...  drool
I don't expect to hear any old songs other than WTTJ, SCOM, NR, & PC when they tour with the new album.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2005, 11:28:43 PM »

I was wondering since I am sure the new band is going to want to play mostly the stuff they wrote, do you think gnr will play all of CD then maybe like 5-8 of the classics for their set? I would think at very least it would be 50-50. If CD was lets say 15 songs, they could either play the album album and then the classics like wttj, mr b, scom, pc, patience, nov rain and kodh, then maybe a few other oldies.?? I would hope they would play atleast 3/4s of the new album every show.
I also wonder if they ever do get as far as the 3rd album if they would barely play any afd era songs save wttf and pc.

The thread is  premature. Doesn't there need to be a release of new  material ( a new CD), or at least the mention of a new tour, before the speculation begins?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: