Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost (SPOILER)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost (SPOILER)  (Read 76445 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2006, 08:38:04 AM »

Naahhh mate.

I fucking love Jack's character.

See, I know a lot of people that love him (for being the 'hero'), as well as a ton of people that hate him (err...for being the 'hero' character!). But see, I think he's brilliant.

I just think that he's such a great character, the makers have done a superb job with who has turned out to be their hero-type character. There is so much depth to him, and the direction that they have taken him is fantastic. He is the guy that 'saves the day', but rather than just have him as an archetypal virtuous character, there is so much depth to him.

He saves the day because he feels that he has to.

Failing is his ultimate fear, and because of his talent he feels this huge pressure on him all the time...

I'd like to think that they are going to take this further in that he is starting to get out of his depth with the...army.

Now I know that a lot of people think that people like Sawyer are the coolest characters. But in order for a story like this to work you need that hero character. And Jack is pretty much as good as that kind of character is going to get. You can't have anti-hero's all the time...

Also, his being a bastard to Kate was great. What, because he's the, err, main character he isn't supposed to feel hurt? He isn't supposed to be an arsehole sometimes?

'Don't tell me what I can't do!,' superb characterisation. Jack and Locke without doubt have the most depth to their character in the show; not pseudo-depth, like Kate-ooh I killed my abusive dad and am on the run...But real depth meaning there is so much to be explored...

Oh, and Matthew Fox is a great actor, who can actually cry convincingly!

I'm a Jack man through and through.  Cool

Sorry...

I do usually prefer the Snake Plisken type character, believe me, but with Jack...

Well, as I said. The writers have done a fantastic job.

Though, I'm hoping that you hate him in the confines of the show, and not as a character. Meaning that you wouldn't want him to be killed off.

You especially should know that the people that you don't like make a show as good as the people that you do, if they are good characters and not just annoying; ie. John Cena (pile of shit, absoloutly hate him, get him of TV!) versus Triple H (Best heel ever, hate him but...Good god keep the guy!).   Wink
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 08:40:43 AM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2006, 08:50:37 AM »

You especially should know that the people that you don't like make a show as good as the people that you do, if they are good characters and not just annoying; ie. John Cena (pile of shit, absoloutly hate him, get him of TV!) versus Triple H (Best heel ever, hate him but...Good god keep the guy!).? ?Wink
Yeah but i've always been a fan of heels and always support them and cheer them despite not being meant to just like i want bad guys to coming out victorious in films but, well, they hardly ever do, in A View To A Kill i was backing Max Zorrin (Christopher Walken) all the way to rid the world of Roger Moore, er i mean James Bond but back on topic....

Though, I'm hoping that you hate him in the confines of the show, and not as a character. Meaning that you wouldn't want him to be killed off.
hihi I was telling Evolution last night how i wanted Jack & Sun killing off.....

....you put up a good defence....

...but for me he just seems to be this hard done to guy who despite all his problems ultimately does the 'Right Thing' fine he tries to be a bit badass here and there but overall i find the guy weak and he's trying to be the hero doing everything, he likes to pretend he doesn't want to but he does, he loves it, being the centre of everything, and now he is gonna lead the troops into battle, ah nuts, kill him already Tongue

Maybe i just resent good people Wink

....Incidently, here's some trivia from imdb.com

When the idea was to have Jack killed off in the pilot, the creators discussed casting Michael Keaton as Jack.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2006, 09:02:57 AM »

You, sir, are a fool!

Though...

I must say, I do agree with your Sun policy. She does need killing off, even if only because her voice annoys me!  Grin

Aye, I read that too.

There are some cool little things about how much the characters changed as the show evolved.

For example, I'm pretty sure that Jin was only written during the auditions, after they found out that the actor playing Sun could speak Korean fluently. And, as your probably know, Hurley's character was written for Jorge Garcia! (That's the actors name, isn't it...) Although, personally I still think that his best performance was in Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Grin

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2006, 09:14:59 AM »

I was a little pissed after the episode 2 weeks ago, when they ran into the others, and dont bother trying to ask any questions. If I was in that scenario I would try to get some info about where the hell they are and some of the weird shit thats been happening. Poor writing in my opinion. That was a big confrontation and it was a total let down, I felt.

Last nights was an improvement though. Echo is becoming my new favorite character, although Hurley still gets some of the best scenes, when they put him in the show that is.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Sterlingdog
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2006, 10:06:04 AM »

And, also...It added to the theory that maybe Sawyer is Locke's dad...

I don't remember anything about that.  What gave you that idea?

I saw the episode a week ago, maybe I'm just not remembering.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2006, 10:12:20 AM »

while they were looking for Michael, Locke made some references to knowing that Sawyer was not his real name and asked him what made him choose that name.

Thats all I think Jim could be refering to.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2006, 10:17:43 AM »

Aye.

The way that Locke said it (and started calling him James afterwards) showed that he probably knew somebody called Sawyer; why was he so curious?

Remember Locke's dad? 'You're not the first person I've conned'...Well, something to that effect.

I was told the theory a while ago, and didn't pay much attention to it.

But hearing Locke say that made me curious...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2006, 10:22:29 AM »

The way that Locke said it (and started calling him James afterwards) showed that he probably knew somebody called Sawyer; why was he so curious?

I do remember that conversation, but I didn't think anything of it.  Good catch!

The only thing I didn't like about the episode was that they didn't try to get any more information from the others.  Like why didn't any of them ask what the monster is in the jungle?  I know they weren't exactly enjoying talking to them, but I would have thought they'd like to get some info if they could. 
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »

Thats a good catch ok

I need to take a nap before I watch this show, I'm sure I'm missing too many hints.

Locke definitely seems to be the person that all the events are revolving about at the moment, and Terry O'Quinn has done a great job with the role. I was a little pissed last night after he kicked Charlies' ass, though.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Sterlingdog
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »

I was a little pissed last night after he kicked Charlies' ass, though.

Really?  I like Charlie, but don't you think he kind of deserved it?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2006, 10:29:01 AM »

Yeah, I don't know why, but that bit really jumped out at me. Made me think that, if anything, the theory is definatly plausible.

I haven't seen episode 12 yet, but Charlie gets his ass kicked? Man, I love Charlie!

Now, I'm leaving the thread and probably won't return until I've seen episode 12...

Just to be on the safe side.  Wink

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2006, 10:30:59 AM »

Yeah, I wont spoil it despite the warning on the thread title, but Charlie is the main focus of the story last night both in flashbacks and present time.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2006, 10:51:50 AM »

Okay, so I did come back...

The episode sounds quality though.

So, now, I really won't come back here until I've seen it, and you can feel free to spoil galoore.  Cool

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2006, 10:28:09 AM »

I was a little pissed last night after he kicked Charlies' ass, though.

Really?  I like Charlie, but don't you think he kind of deserved it?

He sure did. That guy's one of the most annoying losers in the whole series, I can't understand why some of you sympathize with him. Is it the accent?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2006, 10:37:22 AM »

Really?? I like Charlie, but don't you think he kind of deserved it?

He sure did. That guy's one of the most annoying losers in the whole series, I can't understand why some of you sympathize with him. Is it the accent?

Well he didnt take the baby knowingly. He was sleep walking, at least thats how it was presented. It also hasn't been established that he is using either. It certainly seems like he intends too, or he would have destroyed all of the statues, but so far he hasnt.
I understand Locke being dissappointed in him, and not trusting him, but I did think that quick ass kicking he dished out was a bit much.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Sterlingdog
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »

Honestly, for me, its more because he was a hobbit.  How could anyone not love Merry?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2006, 10:16:14 PM »

Well he didnt take the baby knowingly. He was sleep walking, at least thats how it was presented.

He was sleepwalking the first time, but the second time around he first started a fire (!) and then stole the baby, all the while in total control of body and spirit.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2006, 10:51:56 PM »

iv never even watched that shwo is it any good
badapple81
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2006, 01:58:01 AM »

Because I work evenings at work and so therefore don't get to watch TV.. I bought the boxset of series 1 and it was fucking brilliant! I watched the whole 7 DVDs in 2 days!

Anyway I skimmed through the first couple of pages of the thread but don't want to read the rest as the 2nd season starts here in Australia on Thursday.

I just wanted to know how far ahead you guys are in the US?

And does anyone know if episodes from series 2 are available anywhere to download? I need more Lost and I need it now!!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 02:30:01 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2006, 02:52:51 AM »

I actually had mixed feelings on Locke punching Charlie. On one hand, I completely understand why he did it, but at the same time something seemed off with Locke in the entire episode. It was the first time this season when I really started thinking Locke was evil. I just got this vibe like he was trying to remove Charlie from the Claire picture so he can insert himself there. I also felt that he kept the statues for a sinister purpose. My theory is that Charlie's dreams of Aaron being in danger were real. Locke is that danger. I think Locke has figured? that children are special on that island (and to the Others) and he will want to make another sacrifice to the Island. Of course, I am probably completely wrong because I usually am about these things.? hihi

I just wanted to know how far ahead you guys are in the US?

And does anyone know if episodes from series 2 are available anywhere to download? I need more Lost and I need it now!!!

We are halfway through season 2. Episode 12 just aired here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: