Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  What GN'R songs did Izzy write?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What GN'R songs did Izzy write?  (Read 5291 times)
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« on: September 16, 2005, 01:58:41 PM »

do we actually know for definite which gnr songs izzy wrote pretty much by himself for the pre UYI era. i know he wrote brownstone but what else was there? AFDs hits (WTTJ, SCOM and PC) were all slash's work, so im just curious in izzys part in things.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 02:09:30 PM »

do we actually know for definite which gnr songs izzy wrote pretty much by himself for the pre UYI era. i know he wrote brownstone but what else was there? AFDs hits (WTTJ, SCOM and PC) were all slash's work, so im just curious in izzys part in things.

Think About You, Patience. The chords for UTLH and SCOM, the electric part of One in a miillion, My Michelle, parts of Anything Goes and Rocket Queen... and Move to the city.

Brownstone was written by Izzy AND Slash.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
purplehaze1988
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 03:20:58 PM »

my michelle and think about you are shit

what about nightrain? slash again?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 04:57:56 PM »

"Nightrain"
(Music: Stradlin, McKagan, Rose, Slash / Lyrics: McKagan, Rose)

"Out Ta Get Me"
(Music: Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin)

"Mr. Brownstone"
(Music: Stradlin, Slash / Lyrics: Stradlin)

"Paradise City"
(Music: McKagan, Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, McKagan)

"My Michelle"
(Music: Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)

"Think About You"
(Music: Stradlin / Lyrics: Stradlin)

"Sweet Child O' Mine"
(Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)

"You're Crazy"
(Music: Slash, Stradlin, Rose / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin)

"Anything Goes"
(Music: Stradlin, Rose, Weber / Lyrics: Stradlin, Rose)

"Rocket Queen"
(Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)

"Reckless Life"
(Rose / Slash / Stradlin / Weber)

"Move To The City"
(Stradlin / Weber / James)

"Patience"
(Stradlin)

the electric part of One in a miillion,

That's weird. I thought that was Axl since he's not a guitar player.

"One In A Million"
(Rose)

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 05:03:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
purplehaze1988
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 05:37:40 PM »

yeah i know thats on the site jarmo, but i was wondering where the main influence was for the songs, not a list of names for participation.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 01:12:18 AM »

"One In A Million"
(Rose)

/jarmo

I read an Axl interview (I think in the Mick Wall book but I am not sure) that he wrote the chorus as a joke (referring to West Arkeen's Xmas case) and he played something on the guitar but since he wasn't good at guitar playin he used only the 2 upper strings or so. Later he wanted to write the song for real but realized that his music wasn't good enough. Slash came with the acoustic theme but according to Axl it wasn't perfect, something was missing. Then Izzy wrote those beautiful raspy guitars, and it became one of GN'R's best tracks (in my opinion). Those often quoted credits don't mean anything.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 09:47:00 AM »

http://www.gnrinfo.tk/

In Their Own Words

Axl: Duff plays the guitar much more aggressively than I did. Slash made it too tight and concise, and I wanted it a bit rawer. Then Izzy comes up with this electric guitar thing. I was pushing him to come up with a cool tone, and all of a sudden he?s comin?up with this aggressive thing. It just happened. So suddenly it didn?t work to sing the song in a low funny voice any more. We tried and it didn?t work, didn?t sound right, it didn?t fit. And the guitar parts were so cool, I had to sing it like.....HURRHHHH ! so that I sound like I?m totally into this.

And their's more..
bentonbourbon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 11:39:37 AM »

New to the board and sorry if this has been discussed before but I thought this was the best place to start .. I was wondering what G n R songs that Izzy wrote or had a hand in writing. ... Most of them? Just music, no lyrics? ..
I freakin' love The Ju Ju Hounds record and a song like 14 Years (which I think Izzy sings lead on, correct ?.
Just curious and thanks .. Looking forward to prowling around on the board
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 04:59:33 PM »

"One In A Million"
(Rose)

/jarmo

I read an Axl interview (I think in the Mick Wall book but I am not sure) that he wrote the chorus as a joke (referring to West Arkeen's Xmas case) and he played something on the guitar but since he wasn't good at guitar playin he used only the 2 upper strings or so. Later he wanted to write the song for real but realized that his music wasn't good enough. Slash came with the acoustic theme but according to Axl it wasn't perfect, something was missing. Then Izzy wrote those beautiful raspy guitars, and it became one of GN'R's best tracks (in my opinion). Those often quoted credits don't mean anything.

ya that was the one that get in the ring was written after and was his last interview
(to mike wall anyway)  without restrictions. Its a good  read and he taught stephanie seymour and erin were sisters in a past life and were trying to kill him or something like that.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 10:39:45 PM »

Dont Forget Dont Cry... and guys it would be interesting to know what songs he sang in the guns n roses albums, I just can recall, Double Talkin Jive, and Dust n Bones, -- I hope to be righ, sorry if Im not --
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 04:12:14 PM »

He sang on You Ain't The First, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years and Double Talkin' Jive. Basically if you take all the UYI songs that where either written or co-written by Izzy you'd had an album full of excellent songs.

Oh and he sings on the Bad Obsession demo Wink

In 2001 he did an interview for River and the interviewer said that Izzy started playing on his new addiction, a Angus Young signature SG and suddenly when Izzy started to sing with a lazy midwestern vocals it hit him. He was playing the opening of Pretty Tied Up Cool

You can find it on www.izzy.34sp.com
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 04:29:10 PM »

He sang on You Ain't The First, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years and Double Talkin' Jive. Basically if you take all the UYI songs that where either written or co-written by Izzy you'd had an album full of excellent songs.

In 2001 he did an interview for River and the interviewer said that Izzy started playing on his new addiction, a Angus Young signature SG and suddenly when Izzy started to sing with a lazy midwestern vocals it hit him. He was playing the opening of Pretty Tied Up Cool

Thanks IzzyDutch, Honestly I used to worship Axl, but Now I think izzy is the coolest in the band.
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 04:29:56 PM »

Basically if you take all the UYI songs that where either written or co-written by Izzy you'd had an album full of excellent songs.
It would be great to hear all those tunes sung by him, like he did with Nightrain in the rehearsals shown in Robert John's documentary.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 05:22:19 AM »

Thanks IzzyDutch, Honestly I used to worship Axl, but Now I think izzy is the coolest in the band.

Izzy deinetly wrote the coolest songs ,He was the coolest most laid back guy in the band Smiley Wink

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 01:10:14 PM »

I think Izzy is still the coolest Gunner!
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 04:39:09 AM »

Used to love her is one of my fave Izzy songs he really shows his sense of humour he wrote that after hearing a guy on a radio show moaning about his girl

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: