Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  when axl looks back...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: when axl looks back...  (Read 7276 times)
FlashFlood
Rocker

« on: October 19, 2005, 11:14:51 AM »

i dont know if this a dead horse type useless topic, but im gonna ask anyway.

When Axl is an old(er) man many years from now and he is thinking about the past, what will his feelings be towards the first generation of GNR? Ya ya ya, I know that there will still probaby be a lot of animosity between the members and such, but when he reflects on that era, will he be proud of it? Will he feel some sort of hostility towards it? He seems so upset and angry with everything about the original band, I was just wondering what he feels about the good times, and the impact that the band had. Would he be proud of the music they created?

poop
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 11:29:15 AM »

Of course he's proud of it! Hell, most musicians would have given their right arm to have been a part of Appetite For Destruction. Even if the personal relationship between Axl and Slash is shit, I still think Axl really respects him as a guitarplayer. Slash still is one of the greats, and you would be crazy to say anything else..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 12:03:41 PM »

So now we're reading Axl's mind....

We really need some news to talk about
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 08:29:50 PM »

So now we're reading Axl's mind....

We really need some news to talk about

hehe You are right man, I can't believe, why, there are still "topics" to talk about after all these years...  Honestly You have talked about almost everything in the GNR world...
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 05:57:51 AM »

Hey why is the Slash/Axl "shit"? What happened? I never knew

peace

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 07:36:27 AM »

"He's up my ass, there's where Slash is!" - Axl Rose 2002

Sweetness is a virtue
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 10:55:21 PM »

Slash and Axl love each other and can't admit it.  Well, at least Axl can't.  They are the divorced couple that never got over each other.  They can only reach their peak potential with each other.  They bring out the best in each other.  Sweet Child, Coma, Estranged.  They were the Plant/Page of our era.  Its really sad.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 08:43:33 AM »

? They can only reach their peak potential with each other.?

Lets give Axl some time to prove himself before we start making statements like this.  When the album drops, and the press and tour starts, then we can judge.

t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 08:57:14 AM »

? They can only reach their peak potential with each other.?

Lets give Axl some time to prove himself before we start making statements like this.? When the album drops, and the press and tour starts, then we can judge.

IF the album drops.. nervous

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 09:14:28 AM »

Slash and Axl love each other and can't admit it.? Well, at least Axl can't.? They are the divorced couple that never got over each other.? They can only reach their peak potential with each other.? They bring out the best in each other.? Sweet Child, Coma, Estranged.? They were the Plant/Page of our era.? Its really sad.

So true. And IMO they were even better than Robert and Jimmy.  Cry

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 09:37:55 AM »

I agree.  They are just two dynamic characters that were pretty unbeatable.  Just look at the live at the Ritz DVD at how the two command so much attention and perform with so much power and actually shared the same stage.  They were awesome.  I think CD can be great without Slash.  My only point is that Weiland can't be Slash's Axl and Fink can't be Axl's Slash.  They will both have hits, but those two together is almost unbeatable.
renthispace
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 02:54:21 PM »

Did Slash ever respond to that?!?!  Huh
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 04:09:08 PM »

one day when he gets older he will see how stupid all this shit was and learn to accept other people's feelings.. I think he will look back and love his work with the old gnr the one that made them famous and wish it never ended... he might be the type of guy that later in life will say what a great fucking thing that was ruined.. usually when people get older they se how fucking stupid their egos were and learn to compromise and forgive along with forget..
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 10:48:18 PM »

When he's older? He is older. The only time he may reflect is if CD is a disaster and even then, he'll still think the same. I'm still glad the original GNR broke up. They would have gone down hill fast.

*thinks of snakepit... shudders*

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 10:55:57 PM »

I'm tired of hearing this shit about 'Snakepit' being the next GNR album after TSI. If Axl would've used Slash's riffs on the album, it would've been a completely different album. The lyrics would have been different, and most of the music as well. You guys saying Snakepit would've been the next GNR record is just an excuse for this long wait.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 11:03:24 PM »

James, calm down dude. I wasn't saying that. What I meant was that if the band had gone in the direction of Snakepit, it would have been awful. Hell, if they went in the direction of some of the music on UYI it would have been horrible, out of touch and boring.

The big reason there wasn't another album is the reasons you mention: like changing the lyrics and music to snakepit.  They were going in different directions.  I think that's a good thing.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 11:19:09 PM »

Did Slash ever respond to that?!?!? Huh

don't think so...

Sweetness is a virtue
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 11:27:22 PM »

MisterID,I agree it wouldn't have been a great direction to go in. They needed to do something that they hadn't done before. I think doing a grunge record would have been a mistake also. They would have been seen as trend followers. I've said this before, and people think I'm insane, but I think GNR should have done something like Slayer's 'Seasons in the Abyss' album. From the moment I heard it, I thought GNR could have taken the speed metal genre to a new level. Axl has the voice(and the scream) that would be suited for that type of music. Slayer came within a "hair's breadth" of bringing that style of music to the mainstream. GNR could have stunned the world with an album similar to 'Seasons'. It would have been a great album to counteract the grunge movement.    ok

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 11:41:31 PM »

i dont know if this a dead horse type useless topic, but im gonna ask anyway.

When Axl is an old(er) man many years from now and he is thinking about the past, what will his feelings be towards the first generation of GNR? Ya ya ya, I know that there will still probaby be a lot of animosity between the members and such, but when he reflects on that era, will he be proud of it? Will he feel some sort of hostility towards it? He seems so upset and angry with everything about the original band, I was just wondering what he feels about the good times, and the impact that the band had. Would he be proud of the music they created?

Many years from now, as we still await CD (20 years hence), Axl MAY (OR MAY NOT), think: why did I waste my productive years and not release 2-4 albums of new material and  make an impact on the music world instead of fading into obscurity and becoming an icon of ridicule?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 05:56:09 AM »

When he's older? He is older. The only time he may reflect is if CD is a disaster and even then, he'll still think the same. I'm still glad the original GNR broke up. They would have gone down hill fast.

*thinks of snakepit... shudders*

I happen to think snakepit was fucking awesome.. Slash played his ass off on that album.. I agree with what james said.. It seems like the people who side with axl on almost everything or hate VR always bash snakepit and say oh thank god they broke up or we'd have snakepit..  You didn't have to like eric dover or rod jackson but to act like the instrumentals weren't good is crazy..

You can never say what would have happened because you never know... It could have had a real rock edge with some big ballads.. Who am I kidding if axl sang on the fucking thing alot more people would have just liked it from this forum..
it's very common if  aband splits people take sides and only seem to enjoy the music their side plays.. So if axl was on even some vr songs like dlt, ygnr, lta or maybe slither people would change their tune..

When one groups stays together you get true opinions, when you get one group split how many times awaiting some album that never appears while ex mates continue to wait you get hate and excuses..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: