Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  when axl looks back...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: when axl looks back...  (Read 7275 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 08:36:33 AM »

When he's older? He is older. The only time he may reflect is if CD is a disaster and even then, he'll still think the same. I'm still glad the original GNR broke up. They would have gone down hill fast.

*thinks of snakepit... shudders*

I happen to think snakepit was fucking awesome.. Slash played his ass off on that album.. I agree with what james said.. It seems like the people who side with axl on almost everything or hate VR always bash snakepit and say oh thank god they broke up or we'd have snakepit..? You didn't have to like eric dover or rod jackson but to act like the instrumentals weren't good is crazy..

You can never say what would have happened because you never know... It could have had a real rock edge with some big ballads.. Who am I kidding if axl sang on the fucking thing alot more people would have just liked it from this forum..
it's very common if? aband splits people take sides and only seem to enjoy the music their side plays.. So if axl was on even some vr songs like dlt, ygnr, lta or maybe slither people would change their tune..

When one groups stays together you get true opinions, when you get one group split how many times awaiting some album that never appears while ex mates continue to wait you get hate and excuses..

well  i`m definitely one of the people here who are actually on axl`s side and i don`t like contraband, but not because slash and duff aren`t in gnr anymore, but of it`s boring sound and scott`s voice. i don`t hate slash and duff. i think they`re two of the coolest guys ever, but the music they are making now, is crap. by the way i love it`s five o`clock somewhere, but i don?t want it to be a gnr album.    and your right. if axl sang on slither or ygnr i`d change my tune on those songs, but i wouldn `t call them great, because axl is singing. imo axl`s voice makes songs better than they actually are.

the point is that i don`t dislike anything slash and duff are doing, because i "have" to be on axl`s side, like many "axl fans" are doing. i just don`t like what they`re doing at the moment. and that doesn`t apply for slash`s snakepit for example.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 09:47:24 AM »

by the way i love it`s five o`clock somewhere, but i don?t want it to be a gnr album. 

see that is exactly how I feel about a bunch of the new gnr tunes.. I'd like them if they weren't gnr tunes..

I like elton john but I don't want elton type music under the gnr name.. I am not saying it is at all that was just an example..

We all have different views on what or how gnr should be.. At least in a rocking way..

I loved metallica for who they were, not them using an orchestra..

When you love the illusions and escpecially afd then you hear riyad or silkworms you just don't feel the same..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 09:58:09 AM »

Mike, I will never forget when Metallica did that orchestra shit. They were never the same after doing that, although they had already started to suck before doing orchestra. With Metallica, their fans never expected anything like that, so they were quickly labeled as 'sellouts'. But with Axl, he has always been a risk taker(well, he used to be), and the GNR fanbase has more of an open mind. You never knew what to expect from GNR, and I think that remains the case today. Axl can experiment with different styles easily, because his fans expect that.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 10:29:20 AM »

Mike, I will never forget when Metallica did that orchestra shit. They were never the same after doing that, although they had already started to suck before doing orchestra. With Metallica, their fans never expected anything like that, so they were quickly labeled as 'sellouts'. But with Axl, he has always been a risk taker(well, he used to be), and the GNR fanbase has more of an open mind. You never knew what to expect from GNR, and I think that remains the case today. Axl can experiment with different styles easily, because his fans expect that.

You know I never thought about gnr as risk takers.. Afd was balls to the walls rock, lies was the club days plus some unplugged music, then the illusions was still kick ass hard rock with some bigger ballads than normal.. But size wise no difference between a free bird, stairway to heaven & thriller or any queen or elton type on the piano ro even motley crue who axl once said about home sweet home..

Sure gnr did it their way but they were also kings of the wordl after a year into afd so this gave them the oppurtunities to change it up a bit..

I look at One in a Million as a big risk out of all the stuff..

I know a hard rock band that did afd could have gotten some shit by doing things like dc estranged or nr but they did these tunes during a time when teh big love songs were huge so even if it wasn't their intensions (being they were written ages before) their timing was perfect.. 90-to about 92 was all big power ballads
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 03:28:50 PM »

Mike, I agree with you about them being at the right place at the right time. Imagine AFD coming out in like 82-83 and UYI coming out in 85-86. Definitely wouldn't have had the same impact. Hell, fast forward a few years and have AFD in 1990 and UYI in 1994.GNR never would have came close to the success they had. 1987 was the perfect time for AFD. There was no clear cut trend going at that time. But I disagree with you about Lies. I think it was a big risk. Remember, Lies came out before being 'Unplugged' became trendy. Doing an acoustic album could have been career suicide. Geffen probably had doubts about releasing it. When you think back to when you first heard AFD, did you imagine their next album would have acoustic songs? 

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 04:05:48 PM »

Mike, I agree with you about them being at the right place at the right time. Imagine AFD coming out in like 82-83 and UYI coming out in 85-86. Definitely wouldn't have had the same impact. Hell, fast forward a few years and have AFD in 1990 and UYI in 1994.GNR never would have came close to the success they had. 1987 was the perfect time for AFD. There was no clear cut trend going at that time. But I disagree with you about Lies. I think it was a big risk. Remember, Lies came out before being 'Unplugged' became trendy. Doing an acoustic album could have been career suicide. Geffen probably had doubts about releasing it. When you think back to when you first heard AFD, did you imagine their next album would have acoustic songs??

no man true ... I always looked at one in a million as a huge risk.. Dropping an unplugged album after something like afd was ballsy.. When I look back it just seemed like something to hold the fans over

if the illusions came out in 94 they would have sold very little.. Grunge people  nervous

Anyone that needs a perfect example just look when the estranged video came out.. Timing is everything
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2005, 11:31:58 PM »

by the way i love it`s five o`clock somewhere, but i don?t want it to be a gnr album.?

see that is exactly how I feel about a bunch of the new gnr tunes.. I'd like them if they weren't gnr tunes..

That makes no sense to me.

The only thing that matters is if a band makes good music. No matter what trend may be going on, good music draws people to it.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 09:42:19 AM »

by the way i love it`s five o`clock somewhere, but i don?t want it to be a gnr album.?

That makes no sense to me.

The only thing that matters is if a band makes good music. No matter what trend may be going on, good music draws people to it.

Well I want something gnr related to be hard rock.. That's all I was saying.. I don't want axl to make the fragile.. That's why we have different types of music and bands we like..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 10:03:46 PM »

Mike, you're right about Estranged. That was unbelieveable. 2 years after UYI, and they were still doing videos for it. They were milking a cow that had run out of milk. If memory serves me correct, they were still doing videos for UYI around the time TSI was released. Talk about having fucked up priorities! hihi

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 10:52:18 AM »

"He's up my ass, there's where Slash is!" - Axl Rose 2002

Did Slash ever respond to that?!?!? Huh

Naa - Slash is actually pretty mature when it comes down to it.  If he even heard of the remark being made I doubt he gives a shit.

But I do wonder how he feels when fans chant "we want Axl" at Velvet Revolver shows.  Scott Weiland has already shown he can't handle it (i.e. throwing his mega phone at fans in retaliation).

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: