Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:45:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Limp Bizkit
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Limp Bizkit  (Read 60738 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« on: May 10, 2005, 07:11:59 AM »

Somehow they have a new album out....without anyone even realising - anyone have it, what's it like?

I've always had a soft spot for Limp Bizkit - while a good 50% of their album tracks are filler, they've put out some good stuff too, how does the new album compare?

Also, if u have nothing to contribute - don't, we all all know Limp Bizkit are hated, u don't have to prove it, i'll believe u anyway
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 07:17:16 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 07:45:43 AM »

Saw this as well but didnt even know about it!
Was so tempted to buy it...i Bought Bruce's new album in stead though and it rules.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 08:05:38 AM »

I like the new album .The best songs in my opinion are The Truth and The Priest.

It seems to have less filler on it ,but that could be due to the fact it's only 7 tracks though .

Wes 's guitar work sound pretty Dame good and Fred lyrics are pretty good to .

« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 08:10:56 AM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 11:53:04 AM »

I didn't hear about the album until the day before its release I think its spilt into two parts so there another coming soon if thats correct

EEEERRRR Little boy
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 01:04:52 PM »

I listened to it at FYE and decided that it was total crap.  The sound was fine but I think Fred's time's up. 
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 02:10:55 PM »

i dont like their sound in general? ?peace

What part of:

Also, if u have nothing to contribute - don't, we all all know Limp Bizkit are hated, u don't have to prove it, i'll believe u anyway

Did u not understand?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 08:02:48 PM »

I like Limp even though I know they are not the ebst musicians. however their energy live and the energy they make you feel in general is really cool. Then you have Wes who?s onstage antics are extremely cool.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 10:10:02 PM »

Results May Vary was one of the  best records that i have bought in th 21st century, I still listen to it very regularly.

I bought the new cd and its ok so far, its definitely one that im gonna have to listen to over and over.

I dont understand why so many people hate on Fred and Limp, I think they kick ass.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
psycotron
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 01:09:39 AM »

its weird limp bizkit used to be big. they had hit singles. evry1 at school liked them and now i didnt even know they still existed. i guess evry1 realised they suck. sorry no offense.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 01:14:21 AM »

I think Fred's problem for the band's demise and the reason Wes left originally was they were getting so far away from Rock or Rap Metal and doing completelly rap songs  and the fans they built up on 3 dollar bill kinda felt they lost.  I think Wes leaving and that last album they did was weak and soft. Limp Bizkit was suppose to be a hard rocking band and the album was weak (NOT TO MENTION THEY RUINED "Behind Blue Eyes") I seen LB is concert and I really think Wes coming back is great for Fred as he was much missed and now that they have a new album with him I will definently check it out.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 01:19:24 AM »

SCREW NEW ROCK,  this rap/metal/hip hop hybrid, is the kind of thing that is taking the place of real rock n roll, is there not enough hip hop everywhere else, save rock n roll, just say no!!!!!!!

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 01:39:57 AM »

its weird limp bizkit used to be big. they had hit singles. evry1 at school liked them and now i didnt even know they still existed. i guess evry1 realised they suck. sorry no offense.

what happens with music and what destroys music is bandwagon poser fans.

When a band gets big, u have true fans and u have poser fans who like it cause its the next big "IN" thing.

what happens is, another new next big "IN" thing hits and the poser fans leave what was previously in and jump to the new thing which is why bands lose popularity.

I remember in high school everyone use to pretend they were Axl Rose and a year later they all were wearing flannel and acting depressed and tryin to be Kurt Cobain or Eddie Vedder

poser fans, I hate them

just like people who say "I use to like that band but I grew up and now i dont."

I find that retarded and not possible.

Bands I loved when i was younger I still love today. I just find new bands and add those in to what ill already like.

some feel u can only like one thing or the other, but thats bullshit.

fuck the poser fans.

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 02:13:40 AM »

When a band gets big, u have true fans and u have poser fans who like it cause its the next big "IN" thing.

what happens is, another new next big "IN" thing hits and the poser fans leave what was previously in and jump to the new thing which is why bands lose popularity.

I remember in high school everyone use to pretend they were Axl Rose and a year later they all were wearing flannel and acting depressed and tryin to be Kurt Cobain or Eddie Vedder

poser fans, I hate them

just like people who say "I use to like that band but I grew up and now i dont."

Bands I loved when i was younger I still love today. I just find new bands and add those in to what ill already like.

fuck the poser fans.
still say screw this new rock b.s. I am white, fred durst is white, stop trying to be black it is not cool

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 02:52:29 AM »

Sadly, Boston, Limp Bizkit is going to be considered classic rock someday at this rate. Hey, it happened to Nirvana.
psycotron
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 03:03:20 AM »

poser fans, I hate them

fuck the poser fans.
i still like the some of the bands that i liked when i was younger like green day, metallica,korn etc (i'll never forget those bands). i dont like korn as much though. but ive grown out of some of the bands like limp bizkit, orgy etc because im like what the fuck was i thinking. i think i used to be a bit a poser, i jumped on the band wagon at times. but maybe thats just because MTV, radio and freinds just shoved that music in my face. now ive seen the light and ive realised 90s music sucks compared to older music. so now i listen to GnR, megadeth, led zeppelin blah blah. one day i told my freind i bought an AC/DC album and he laughed at me and said they sucked. i dont give a shit what he thinks. he listens to linken park for fucks sake. i look for musical talent instead of popularity. i guess sometimes ive bought a slayer cd or something because people say theyre good. thats just because i like metallica and i wanted to hear some more thrash metal.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 07:09:54 AM »

poser fans, I hate them

fuck the poser fans.

That's a really cool thing to say D, and I completely agree.
Especially with your stance on the "I use to like that band but I grew up and now i dont" crap.

While I'm not necessarily a fan of LB, I have bands that I liked when I was younger and I still like now.

I bought a new Metallica shirt a few weeks ago and my parents asked me "when are you gonna grow out of that stuff?", well I guess the answer is never, because I'll never stop liking music, in fact my love of music grows even stronger as a get older. ok

Anyway, back on topic, I own LB's Significant Other album and I think that's a great album, I'm just not really into their newer stuff.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 03:54:54 PM »

I seem to always like a band after that initial "BIG" phase.

Like Limp Bizkit, I heard Significant Other cause my brother was playing that song "No Sex" and i liked it but i didnt like them simply cause everyone else did.

I hate liking bands that everyone else likes which i guess is why i am such a Prince,Bon Jovi,Kiss fan cause they were all mine cause no one else liked them

there are differences, for instance

I never liked NIN, but everyone talked so highly of the new record I went and bought it, however if I like this record it will be cause I relate to the music, not just because its the cool thing to like.

In 8th grade me and a buddy use to trade out Bon Jovi cds and he was as big a fan as i am

a year later Nirvana hits and he is hanging out with all the "COOL" people and when i ask him if he has heard the new Bon Jovi song he says "they are pussy music man, they are gay they suck"

I was like huh? we were just trading tapes 6 months ago

good thing he didnt have tits or he wouldve tried to be a spice girl.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 06:07:18 PM »

So you guys are saying musical tastes can't change?

I agree its suspicious if some people are continually following what's "in".... but that doesn't mean everyone who changes what music they like is a "poser".  Perhaps the music they are listening to reflects who they are as a person at that moment, and should they go through changes in their life, a different style of music may reflect that.

... and did KFD just say that no one else likes Prince, Bon Jovi, or Kiss? What?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »

no no where im from and when i was in high school no one else liked them.

Its fine to change musical tastes but Im talking about the people who use to love a band but just because another bigger band came along they talk shit and denounce the band that they once loved.

Its fine if say u liked bon jovi when u were? younger but havent listened in ten years than to have loved Bon Jovi but because Nirvana came out u all of a sudden diss the band and act like they suck and are the worst pieces of shit u ever listened to simply cause they arent the cool thing to like anymore.

I use to be a huge slaughter fan, I bought their first 3 records, their 3rd one sucked and i havent bought one since then and even though i dont consider myself a slaughter fan anymore, if u play any song off their first two records i still know all the words and i still wont diss them or talk shit about them.

big difference

I have another friend who dressed up like a cowboy when country was big, cowboy hat everything, then dressed up in all black and metal attire when metal was in and then wore baggy clothes and a malcolm X hat when rap was in

those are the people i am talkin aboutand are the reasons a band is huge one minute but not the next.

u have a true hardcore following and a bandwagon poser following.

when CD comes out u will have the hardcore following, people who rediscover the band who become true fans but still yet a bunch of poser bandwagon fans who will fall in line if the CD is amazing and will scream for GNR on TRL and all those gay shows and 6 months from now do the same for the new hillary duff cd and forget about GNR.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 06:21:33 PM by Kentucky Fried D » Logged

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 06:28:37 PM »

no no where im from and when i was in high school no one else liked them.

Its fine to change musical tastes but Im talking about the people who use to love a band but just because another bigger band came along they talk shit and denounce the band that they once loved.

Its fine if say u liked bon jovi when u were? younger but havent listened in ten years than to have loved Bon Jovi but because Nirvana came out u all of a sudden diss the band and act like they suck and are the worst pieces of shit u ever listened to simply cause they arent the cool thing to like anymore.

I use to be a huge slaughter fan, I bought their first 3 records, their 3rd one sucked and i havent bought one since then and even though i dont consider myself a slaughter fan anymore, if u play any song off their first two records i still know all the words and i still wont diss them or talk shit about them.

big difference

I have another friend who dressed up like a cowboy when country was big, cowboy hat everything, then dressed up in all black and metal attire when metal was in and then wore baggy clothes and a malcolm X hat when rap was in

those are the people i am talkin aboutand are the reasons a band is huge one minute but not the next.

u have a true hardcore following and a bandwagon poser following.

when CD comes out u will have the hardcore following, people who rediscover the band who become true fans but still yet a bunch of poser bandwagon fans who will fall in line if the CD is amazing and will scream for GNR on TRL and all those gay shows and 6 months from now do the same for the new hillary duff cd and forget about GNR.
I hate those kind of people, I couldn't have described them better myself.

I don't like Bizkit, haven't heard the new album yet though

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: