Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Limp Bizkit
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Limp Bizkit  (Read 60781 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2010, 02:17:32 PM »

An interview with Fred Durst in NY Magazine:

Limp Bizkit?s Fred Durst Explains Why His Band Is on a Comeback Tour, Not a Reunion Tour

5/5/10

Limp Bizkit will hit the road this summer with the original lineup for the first time in nine years. Why did you decide to reunite?
Well, this is definitely more of a comeback, not a reunion. A reunion is more like when a band hits it one more time and cashes in, probably to put some more money in the bank. This is more like we?ve been committed to the band. We don?t have any plans to keep the engine from evolving. It?s definitely a comeback.

You?ve described the new Bizkit album as having a Daft Punk?inspired vibe. Really?
The music definitely feels dance-y. There are deeper emotional songs; there are a lot of groovy, dance-y songs; and there are a couple that have a Daft Punk feel. We have one song ? and I don?t know if it?ll end up on the record ? that?s definitely got a robot-rock vibe. I love that stuff. I love electronic music, and I love drum and bass. Daft Punk always seem to have their finger on the pulse.

The title of the album is called ?Gold Cobra.? What does that mean?
There?s something very exciting and shiny and appealing about it because a gold cobra can become dangerous and venomous. You?re enamored of it, but it also feels like there?s intention.

Continue here: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/05/limp_bizkits_fred_durst_on_his.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »

Limp Bizkit Come 'Full-Circle' On Gold Cobra Album

May 7 2010 4:10 PM EDT

"And this new album, this is what we do. The evolution has brought us full-circle," Durst continued. "We're Limp Bizkit. And if you didn't like it before, you're not going to like it now. If you don't want to hear a band that plays super-heavy grooves, with an MC rapping over it, then you shouldn't listen to Limp Bizkit."

And he means that, because the songs on Gold Cobra aren't exactly designed to win Limp Bizkit any new fans. From the snarling "Why Try" ? currently blaring on Bizkit's website ? to first single (according to Durst, at least) "Douchebag," this is very much a band playing to its strengths, unapologetically so ? as if, with Limp Bizkit, there is any other way.

"A song like 'Douchebag,' to me, it's about ... I was really pushed around and bullied a lot growing up ... so having that torture in my life, until forming Limp Bizkit, and still having it against me in Limp Bizkit, but me at least having a voice, a way to fight back and release my aggression through the music," Durst said. "I've always had a problem with the irony that came with Limp Bizkit's music fueling bullies, when really, my aggression and my pent-up anger is mainly focused at these bullies. So I'm mainly calling those people douche bags, and a few other select individuals. ... Everybody has their own interpretation, and you will have a douche bag in your life that this song will apply to, and you just turn this f---er up really loud, because the riff is out of control."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1638705/20100507/limp_bizkit.jhtml

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »

lookin forward to this Tongue ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2010, 02:48:03 PM »

the best thing those guys can do is stay true to there roots, instead of going down the sell out route of papa roach and linkin park, even korn in someways.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2010, 07:45:32 AM »

Limp Bizkit - Take Look Arround @ Jay Leno's Tonight Show 10.05.2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5sHFcK3Juc&feature=player_embedded
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »

Take a look around sounds kinda dated and corny. I used to love this song  hihi The new songs samples though sound awesome and the album should rock! ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

Take a look around sounds kinda dated and corny. I used to love this song  hihi The new songs samples though sound awesome and the album should rock! ok

It's not just that song but I can't figure out why they played it. Durst looked a little ridiculous with the gold chain and baggy sweat pants. I thought Leno was playing a re-run from 1999.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »

It's not just that song but I can't figure out why they played it. Durst looked a little ridiculous with the gold chain and baggy sweat pants. I thought Leno was playing a re-run from 1999.
NBC wanted them to play an old song
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2010, 04:36:59 PM »

Yeah, the new album wasn't mentioned. It seemed like they were promoting this tour. Does anyone else think it's a little ambitious for these guys to be playing 20,000 seat ampitheathers at this point?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2010, 05:23:46 PM »

Yeah, the new album wasn't mentioned. It seemed like they were promoting this tour. Does anyone else think it's a little ambitious for these guys to be playing 20,000 seat ampitheathers at this point?

yeah maybe a little ambitous, although im sure lawn seats will be between 5 and 10 bucks at most of these shows, so the crowds could be pretty big.  I know Blink 182 had 5 or 10 dollar lawn seats here in jersey last year and it was sold out.  From what I understand Limp Bizkit just sold out a show in Houston in 11 minutes at some arena, so dont underestimate the power of the Bizkit..haha

as far as the gold chain on Leno goes, it was supposed to be corny..Limp Bizkit is NOT a serious band, they never have been.  It always confuses me all the criticism they get like what they do supposed to be serious.  Look at Wes Borland on stage, they are having fun not writing the sequel to "Dark side of the Moon" or "Houses of the Holy."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2010, 08:56:10 AM »

LIMP BIZKIT: 'Gold Cobra' Artwork Unveiled - May 12, 2010

The cover artwork for "Gold Cobra", the forthcoming album from the reactivated original lineup of LIMP BIZKIT, can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139916

Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »

Presale password is nookie.

Got me some GA pit for Sacramento show.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »

I like Limp Bizkit but Fred calling someone else a douchebag has to be one of the greater ironies. would be like Dahmer calling someone else a serial killer.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2010, 01:47:53 PM »

I like Limp Bizkit but Fred calling someone else a douchebag has to be one of the greater ironies. would be like Dahmer calling someone else a serial killer.

It takes one to know one  hihi

Baby Firefly
Headliner

Tutti Fuckin' Frutti.

« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »

A track from the cd leaked about 3 weeks ago called Why try. It's good musically but a piece of shit lyrically and vocally. *deleted it*

Whatever you need to do, you do it. There is no wrong. If someone needs to be killed, you kill 'em. That's the way.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »

A track from the cd leaked about 3 weeks ago called Why try. It's good musically but a piece of shit lyrically and vocally. *deleted it*

you just explained every Limp Bizkit song ever made.  If you are looking for good lyrics and great vocals Limp bizkit is NOT for you. hihi   However musically they are pretty awesome, and I like Fred Durst, he has little to no talent, but I like him as a front man
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2010, 10:35:34 AM »

LIMP BIZKIT RESCHEDULES CANCELS TOUR

http://aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0003095.html

This is worded very carefully to avoid making it sound like ticket sales were shitty. You don't try to reschedule a tour when the dates are selling.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2010, 01:29:55 PM »

Limp Bizkit Cancels North America Summer Tour

Posted on Thursday May 20, 2010 at 09:01

Saying Limp Bizkit ?is not an amphitheatre band,? Fred Durst sent out a series of tweets saying the summer tour is canceled in favor of a fall arena outing.

As Durst alerted the world, Ticketmaster was already listing several dates as canceled. The ?Gold Cobra? tour was scheduled to begin July 3 in Holmdel, N.J. at PNC Bank Arts Center.

?Moving US headlining tour dates from amphitheatres to arenas for a better limp experience,? Durst tweeted. ?The reason coming soon on.?
According to Durst?s tweets during the past 24 hours, only headlining shows in the U.S. and Canada are affected. Festivals, including radio events are still a go as are the band?s Euro dates.

Click here for Fred Durst?s Twitter page and here for the band?s official website.

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2010/05/20/723761.aspx

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »

Fred Durst quits Twitter after an ad agency offers him $6,000 a tweet.

On Tuesday 1st June 2010, @freddurst said:

Well, I've been approached by an advertisement company that wants to pay me $6,000 a tweet. That's a red flag to me. I think it's time to call it a wrap on twitter. I'm grateful for all of the people I've met here and I appreciate the interaction, but I'm moving on. You can find me at http://www.limpbizkit.com if you want to stay in touch. Thank you for following me, regardless of why. Goodbye.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/1k853i

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2010, 07:56:13 PM »

good thing i didnt buy my tickets
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: