Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:20:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Limp Bizkit
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Limp Bizkit  (Read 60656 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2010, 03:40:51 AM »

This album is becoming more and more of a joke, just like an album that i know of  rofl

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »

fucking ridiculous bullshit band with the biggest cunt as a singer.

scum

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #222 on: October 31, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »

From Fred Durst:

doc put me on one month break for protruding disk to chill so nerve can calm down. Time heals.

about 1 hour ago via Twittelator in reply to twotrey23

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »

fucking ridiculous bullshit band with the biggest cunt as a singer.

scum

Hmm, insightful. Tongue

Anyway, what's the hold up with this thing? I listened to part of one song they put on youtube - forget the name - and it actually sounded quite good. I think I might actually buy the album when/if it comes out....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2010, 08:31:56 PM »

Apparently Gene Simmons has recorded the intro for Gold Cobra, and it will be released in early 2011.

Fred Durst Lets Fans Into The Recording Process

By Tim Cashmere
Thu, 25 Nov 2010

Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit gave fans a little window into his recording of the next Bizkit album ?Gold Cobra?.

During the stream he played non-album tracks, although the songs seemed fairly complete. He referred to one as an ?interlude?, despite having four verses (the last of which pay out on fellow 90s nu-metal band Puddle of Mudd - a relevant rivalry in 2011 if ever there was one ).

?Here is some crazy interlude shit. You?re probably not going to be able to comprehend it, but if you listen close in the fourth verse there is some very profound shit about someone you know,? he said before playing the interlude in reference to Puddle of Mudd. Fans in the chat room picked it up, but for those who missed it he proudly said after the track ?Fuckin? up the Puddle Of Mudd motherfucker right there!?

He also played a track with Wu-Tang Clan?s Raekwon. ?You guys might not be able to handle it because it?s not rock shit. It?s some fuckin? cock your fuckin? gun shit,? he said before playing the track. Durst seemed especially proud of Raekwon?s line in the track ?Anything Rae says goes, Limp Bizkit?s [the?] shit.?

Durst confirmed (and played) the intro to the album, which was written by Durst and spoken by Gene Simmons.

?The oh so elegant Gold Cobra,? Simmons says. ?Shimmering venomously with beauty and grace as it slithers along it?s path to inevitable chaos. Whomever falls prey to this seductive serpent shall be forever scarred.?

Although the band only have one album planned for 2011, Durst said ?What I?m thinking is I want to do a Gold Cobra party record, then a Gold Cobra pain record.?

?59 songs and only 11 are on the Cobra,? he admitted. So who knows if any of these will ever see the light of day?

Australian fans can rest easy though, after a few from down under kept flooding the chat room with calls for him to come visit he responded with ?Australia! I get it I?m coming to Australia! Stop sayin? that shit, it?s fuckin? spam at this point.?

Aside from the songs, we heard Durst say such gems as ?I used to write words, I used to write it down, but like Lil? Wayne I?m like ?Why am I gonna write the motherfucker down?? I?m gonna let it flow off my head. That?s the best way to capture this shit.? after recording some new lines.

The untitled song that he was recording featured lines ?Let?s hit the club, round up ho?s and give ?em love, raise our hands to the skies above, shine like Michael Jackson?s glove,? with some more references to Nirvana thrown in for good measure and the chorus went ?Say hello to my little friend/We gonna need ourselves a bigger boat/frankly my dear I don?t give a damn/and I?m gonna rock till we up in smoke.?

?Cypress Hill, you?d better believe it. A lot of influence from Cypress Hill on that one,? he said to the camera after a take.

This window into Durst?s life is a tantalising peek at the band?s upcoming album ?The Gold Cobra?. The question is, does anyone other than the 400ish viewers care anymore? Time will tell.

http://www.undercover.fm/news/12855-fred-durst-lets-fans-into-the-recording-process

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: December 03, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »

Exactly... no one cares anymore.... he took a full year to release the album, and still hasnt been released... now its supposed to be 2011... this is looking like Limp Bizkit's Chinese Democracy...

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #226 on: December 03, 2010, 01:22:45 PM »

ru kidding me? they just finished there tour a few months ago, if that..and have prob been in the studio tryin to make a good cd...this is far from becoming there chinese democracy lol...give them a break

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »

Fred Durst appeared on Tom Green's web cast and answered fan questions on Dec. 10th.  On Gold Cobra's release he says "Gold Cobra is gonna come out pretty soon on my gauge."

Interview

http://www.tomgreen.com/index.php

"Jam"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhizWxudwac

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2010, 01:34:11 PM »

But how reliable is the Durst Guage exactly?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »

From Fred Durst:

the golden cobra is being mixed, but it takes a very steady hand

11:03 AM Jan 25th

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »

the golden cobra is being mixed, but it takes a very steady hand

That sounds very much like a euphemism....

But sounds like they haven't forgotten about I guess.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »

Limp Bizkit Gold Cobra should be mixed and ready to press by the end of February.

4:46 PM Feb 9th via Twitter for iPhone

freddurst

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »

i listened to significant other a fewdays ago.

I quite enjoyed it,considering how dated it is now. It was cool,and nostalgic

html sucks
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »

Limp Bizkit Gold Cobra should be mixed and ready to press by the end of February.

4:46 PM Feb 9th via Twitter for iPhone

freddurst

Belive it when I see it...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2011, 03:50:49 PM »

The Ole So Venomous Gold Cobra

Posted by FredDurst on 2/10/2011

As we head towards the end of February 2011 the realities of having a completed album to expose are finally here. Through thick and thin, the Gold Cobra has slivered its way through the corporate jungle and into the studio to be mixed by Dave Schiffman. My intentions are to keep as much "polish" off of this album as possible. I have had many discussions with Dave as he's been on the cobra since the beginning and knows exactly the sound I am looking for regarding the mix. We are extremely excited to get this album into your eardrums. As some of you have noticed, we have and will take as much time as we need before putting this album out regardless of any pressure or impatience that is thrown our way. So, waste your breath if you like. Its your prerogative. --fd

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »

From Fred Durst:

Gold Cobra being mixed now and it's about damn muhfunkin time!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, our first song mixed is Shotgun. I love it.

Second song mixed is Golden Cobra. I love it.

Third song mixed is Get A Life. I love it.

Fourth song mixed is Killer In You. I love it!

http://twitvid.com/ND8ZH - Gold Cobra update from Limp Bizkit studio in Los Angeles (via@freddurst)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnL98Z6qScg

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2011, 02:19:48 PM »

Limp Bizkit Finish Work On 'Gold Cobra'

From Fred Durst:

Looks like a fresh summer with new LB album dropping June 7 (MAYBE), BUT will get confirmation this Tuesday from Interscope.

So, we're told only 8 songs can be on an album and 11 songs on the "deluxe" version. When did the times change this? I'm like "whu??".

I can feel some LimpiLeaks in the works!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2011, 09:04:28 AM »

8 songs??  Huh wtf!!

I hate small albums... it makes me feel like the artists didnt do any effort in the album, and just wanted to throw us a brick!

I hope this is not true, but it came from Fred  nervous

For me an album has to have from 12 to 15 songs.

11 songs is still short for me.

Limpileaks sound great! =) I wish Axl was not so upthight...
Well according to Fred, he was TOLD they could only have 8 songs on the album.  So that wouldn't be for lack of effort.  I'm not sure why that would be the case.  Albums are still released with more than 8 songs with regularity, last I checked.

Another article, with pretty much the same info, although it says they have about 20 songs done.

http://www.undercover.fm/news/14124-limp-bizkit-have-finished-their-new-album

Limp Bizkit Have Finished Their New Album
By Andrew Tijs
8 hours ago (Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:10:47 +1100)

Limp Bizkit have finished their first full-length album in eight years.

Frontman Fred Durst merely tweeted ?Finished? from the mixing sessions for their fifth album and the first with the original line-up since 2000 ? Gold Cobra.

He also tweeted a video from the Village Recorder studio in Santa Monica where they did the mixing with David Schiffman (who has previously mixed Biffy Clyro, System Of A Down and Avenged Sevenfold).

The very last five seconds of the video features some of the music from the forthcoming album, which sounds like exactly what you?d expect from a Limp Bizkit album: sparse nu-metal and Durst rapping ?This is going out to the people who don?t give a fuck?.

Apparently 20 songs have been mixed, with Interscope mooting an eight-song album, and 11 songs on the deluxe edition.

There is currently no official release date but Durst has previously tweeted that Gold Cobra could come out on June 7.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:35:56 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »

yeah i know, its not Fred's fault, but still it sucks

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2011, 12:05:57 PM »

yeah i know, its not Fred's fault, but still it sucks

Hows it not Fred's fault?  He is the singer/songwriter!  Oh wait you are talking about the deluxe album thing, I thought you were talking about the songs themselves.   hihi
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: