Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:52:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Limp Bizkit
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Limp Bizkit  (Read 60333 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »

lol Fred Durst.

That guy takes himself way too seriously.

html sucks
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2011, 07:41:58 PM »

yeah i know, its not Fred's fault, but still it sucks

Hows it not Fred's fault?  He is the singer/songwriter!  Oh wait you are talking about the deluxe album thing, I thought you were talking about the songs themselves.   hihi

I was referring tot he number of songs: 8

Oh My God i cant deny this...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »

Hows it not Fred's fault?  He is the singer/songwriter!  Oh wait you are talking about the deluxe album thing, I thought you were talking about the songs themselves.   hihi

I guess Interscope figured that's as many songs as the public could tolerate at one time

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »

From Fred Durst:

Official release date for LIMP BIZKIT's new album GOLD COBRA is JUNE 7, 2011 -- Time to fill the void. Accept no substitutes. #goldcobra

about 2 hours ago via Twittelator

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »

I think torture is illegal isn't it?  That might be why the label has limited the release to only 8 songs. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »

From Fred Durst:

Limp Bizkit fans - NEW release date is JUNE 28 !! Had our Interscope meeting today, went amazing. We picked our singles. Time for videos.

about 17 hours ago via Twitter for Mac

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #246 on: May 09, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »

From Fred Durst:

They have chosen SHOTGUN as the first single off of our new album GOLD COBRA. It is time to spread the werd.\

3 hours ago

Limp Bizkit unveil monstrous artwork for new single 'Shotgun'

http://www.nme.com/news/limp-bizkit/56543

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »

Single "Shotgun" available at Amazon tomorrow.

And here now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44prF0s0Zg

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »

Single "Shotgun" available at Amazon tomorrow.

And here now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44prF0s0Zg

Wasnt that stuck on it, to me Why Try was just as good..Love the little jam with the shotgun sounds at the end though anyways i found it average

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »

LIMP BIZKIT: Audio Samples Of Entire 'Gold Cobra' Album Available - June 14, 2011

LIMP BIZKIT fan site The Armpit has uploaded audio samples of all the tracks that will appear on the band's new album, "Gold Cobra". Check them out using the SoundCloud player below. Due on June 28, the band's long-awaited fifth studio CD was recorded with the band's original lineup of Fred Durst, Wes Borland, Sam Rivers, John Otto, and DJ Lethal and was produced by Durst.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159403

Chelsea Lately: The Limp Bizkit singer talks about his band's new album, why they went on hiatus and sends a message out to all the bullies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTzpoxBwZk 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2011, 11:01:55 PM »

LOL@Fred talking about bullies and douchebags when he was the reason the word douchebag was invented.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »

Fred Durst on Limp Bizkit's Comeback: 'We've Got to Own Who We Are'

June 20, 2011

Fred Durst says Limp Bizkit's upcoming "Gold Cobra" is "definitely not a reunion. It's a comeback."

The rap-rock quintet releases its new album -- its first since 2005 and first with its original lineup, including guitarist Wes Borland, since 2000's "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water" -- on June 28, with a video coming soon for the title track on the heels of "Shotgun's" successful "teaser" run.

Durst tell Billboard.com that fans of multi-platinum efforts such as 1997's "Three Dollar Bill, Yall$," 1999's "Significant Other" and "Chocolate Starfish..." should feel like "Gold Cobra" is the return of an old friend.

"The epiphany was, we've got to own who we are and stay true to what we are," explains Durst, who produced "Gold Cobra." "We're a rap-rock band. We're Limp Bizkit. We might individually like different things, and none of us listen to rap-rock, but when we get together in a band room, that's what we make. There's no reason to search and find a newer Limp Bizkit or an evolved style or fit the radio format. I don't think we have to prove anything. We just have to own it."

Durst adds that he also wouldn't mind seeing "Gold Cobra" revive the whole genre that was so prevalent when Limp Bizkit first emerged. "I miss that whole genre -- rap-rock or nu metal or rapcore, whatever we were called," he says. "There was a minute there when you had Bizkit, Deftones, Korn...There was something really special about those times. I feel like if we all got back together and did something, went on the road together, it could be really big."

The Limp Bizkit "comeback" began in 2009, when Borland rejoined the group for a second time and the original lineup hit the road together (in Europe) for the first time in eight years. "The fact we can't escape is we really missed playing live together," Durst notes. "We said, 'Let's get our feet wet. Let's tour. That's what we enjoy most. We're a great live band.' That's what this started out as, and then, 'When we feel like we wanted to do a record, let's do it.' So we started touring, and pretty soon it was like, 'Let's get in the studio now and do this.' "

The group's halting progress towards "Gold Cobra" did engender a bit of hostility from its fans, but Durst says he understood their frustration.

"I'm in touch with the social networks and stuff," he says. "It's hard not to hear the concentrated group of loud voices out there talking s*** because we didn't deliver when we said we would. With Limp Bizkit, it seems to be that any time I announce some sort of date or something it's always wrong. They should know that by now. My intentions are always pure and sincere, and this time we felt that it's been so long that taking a little bit more time to get it right isn't so bad."

"Gold Cobra" is taking Limp Bizkit back out on the road, with a European run starting June 24 that will include a number of festival appearances. The group's first trek to South America begins July 21 in Chile, and Durst, who's also serving as Limp Bizkit's manager, says that he's "looking at different offers to hopefully get a great U.S. tour together. We miss playing the U.S. so much, so we want to do that and keep going with the 'Cobra' until we feel it's time to go make another record."

http://www.billboard.com/news/fred-durst-on-limp-bizkit-s-comeback-we-1005242152.story#/news/fred-durst-on-limp-bizkit-s-comeback-we-1005242152.story

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »

GOLD COBRA REBUTTAL: WES BORLAND VS. ANTIQUIET

TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011

To our surprise, Borland reached out personally to respond ? taking specific issue with our one-star rating for Gold Cobra.
?The hatred you have for Fred is part of the reason we?ve succeeded,? Wes DM?d via Twitter. ?I could see 1 out of 5 if you were expecting OK Computer, but? As far as LB records go, Gold Cobra is perfect. Your review was smart and I appreciate the kind words towards me, but I?m proud to be here.?
This led to a response loaded with questions and a discussion of the review rating (which changed prior to the conversation), which led to a candid and fascinating email conversation that transpired between last night and this morning. Read the entire transcript below.

Date: Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:56 PM
First of all, I?ve totally seen where you?re coming from, and I?ve seen it over and over again. I know many people who have a similar attitude towards our band (I was one of them 10 years ago when I quit) and in these weeks leading up to the release of the album, I?ve been promising myself that I wouldn?t succumb to curiosity by reading reviews, and I did. I was told that there were starting to be several great ones, so I read them and they totally got it and hit the nail on the head as far as identifying with our intention. But a few have had a tone similar to yours: the band is OK, but I don?t like FD.
There is no way in Hell that our band would ever have been as successful without Fred as the singer. Period. No matter what effect he has on people in a ?TMZ Personality? kind of way, he is an astonishing front man and performer. I?ve never seen anything like it and the feeling I have during our shows can?t be touched by any other experience I?ve ever had. I have talked to folks time and time again who hated us and had all these preconceived notions? after seeing us live they can?t wait to see the show again. We are a ridiculous band. We have fun. We are obnoxious. We provide an escape for ourselves and our fans through what we do and our fans seem to be so happy with this record and so are we. It would be appalling for us to try to come out with some kind of ?oh, we?re in our thirties and Fred just turned 40, so let?s make a grown up meaningful record that makes us feel like men? album. We made a record that is 100% not thought out to be anything but other than what it is: a Limp Bizkit record. We went into the studio and did what came naturally to us. I?m pretty sure most of our negative reviews will be from people who always hated the band and are totally disgusted that we came back together to do anything for any reason. I am so proud to be a part of this band. Thanks for your time.

Date: Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Hi Wes,
Thanks again for reaching out directly and explaining your reaction so thoroughly ? I appreciate it.
The one star review was clouded judgement and has been changed. The instrumentation is fucking fantastic, and there?s a wide consensus on that. But the general negating aspect, Fred?s impact, moves beyond the vocals and into the personality of the sounds, which in the writing rationalized my take/rating on the whole. If a kid says ?Limp Bizkit sucks because they pander to negativity, hatred and violence,? what is the rebuttal?
To answer your question, I caught you guys in 1998 in New York with? Incubus and Staind? Pretty sure it was ?98. It was a fun-ass show, without question. I couldn?t get enough of that first record, and you?re absolutely right ? Fred isn?t some talentless punk. I don?t mean to imply that he?s coasted to success, by any means. But Break Stuff changed things for me as a fan ? shit suddenly got dark and disturbing, and no longer an escape, as you put it. And the people singing the songs & wearing LB shirts were the same people throwing fists where conversations would suffice. The encouraging soundtrack to aggression & intimidation became the Limp Bizkit MO. I couldn?t connect anymore as a fan.
The question I keep returning to is, what brought you back? With your talents, why identify with this monstrosity of character? Of course I don?t refer to your relationship with Durst, but the intentionally flagrant extremes that come to define LB. At what point does the vitriol become radioactively toxic? Is that the Limp Bizkit brand?
And I ask this not as a challenge, but as a fan of your ability in need of perspective: What makes you proud to be a part of the band that you didn?t feel before?
Thanks again, Wes. I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this.

Date: Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Hey Johnny,
The thing that brought me back is the same thing that may have been off putting to you. There?s something in me that enjoys the feeling of the train about to come off the tracks for some reason. I didn?t get that feeling in anything else I?ve done solo, or when I briefly played in Marilyn Manson or with From First To Last. There?s a chemistry that the 5 of us have that just works. I also feel more creative in this environment as well because it challenges me to be a better artist. My ideas don?t have to fit into any one spectrum and I can truly be as unhinged as I need to be onstage. I?m a sensitive and irritable person that bottles a lot of anger up and LB is the perfect outlet for me to vent. I can do whatever I want when I?m on stage and I never attack anything but inanimate objects, so nobody?s getting hurt. As far as Break Stuff goes, I always looked at that song as an interpretation or explanation of someone?s defenses to outside attacks. It?s not as much of a fight song as it is a fighting back song. I would encourage anyone to fight back and to fight back harder than they?ve been attacked. I hated getting fucked with when I was younger. I cried and cried at home after school and I never wanted to go back. I can identify with wanting to fight back and I feel like Fred has always tried to be communicative about his lyrics being anti-bully in interviews.

Date: Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 8:33 PM
And just out of curiosity, would you say for instance a band like Pantera also panders to negativity, hatred, and violence? What about Slayer? Is it the same?

Continue here:
http://www.antiquiet.com/interviews/2011/06/gold-cobra-rebuttal-wes-borland-vs-antiquiet/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2011, 09:16:17 PM »

LIMP BIZKIT: Official 'Gold Cobra' Video Released - June 22, 2011

"Gold Cobra", the new video from LIMP BIZKIT, can be seen at LimpBikzit.com. It is also available for viewing below. The song is the title track of the band's long-awaited fifth studio album, which will be released on June 28. The CD was recorded with the band's original lineup of Fred Durst, Wes Borland, Sam Rivers, John Otto, and DJ Lethal and was produced by Durst.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159780

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: June 26, 2011, 05:30:46 AM »

WOW! Im actually shocked! The cd is actually awesome!  ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »

WOW! Im actually shocked! The cd is actually awesome!  ok

yeah its pretty damn good, they stuck to just being themselves and made a  pure Limp Bizkit record, its really good too.  It is actually like a breath of fresh air.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »

ok ive gotta say it...this album rocks.

No Sell Out park pop bullshit here. Pure nu-metal. But fair play, they mixed modern rap influences in along with more modern metal riffage and it works.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2011, 03:01:38 PM »

Interview: Wes Borland on rejoining Limp Bizkit and new album Gold Cobra

"I'm in Limp Bizkit to stay"

Joe Bosso, Wed 27 Jul 2011

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-wes-borland-on-rejoining-limp-bizkit-and-new-album-gold-cobra-484071

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »

Not surprising...

Limp Bizkit's 'Gold Cobra' Named Worst Album Cover of 2011

Aug 5th 2011

Don't tell Fred Durst, but Limp Bizkit's 'Gold Cobra' has been labeled the worst album cover of 2011 (so far) by leading pop music site PopCrush. There have been some pretty heinous covers this year and we're not going to argue, since the 'Cobra' cover is pretty ugly. It's an animated rendering, with three scantily clad, black-haired chicks pressed up against one another, with their hair tumbling down their shoulders while they're sticking their tongues out. A serpent looks ready to strike behind them.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/08/05/limp-bizkits-gold-cobra-named-worst-album-cover-of-2011/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2011, 10:50:35 PM »

Emol [TV] Interview with Fred Durst - Chile 21/07/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90v9e926eo

http://www.emol.com/videos/magazine/indexSub.asp?id_emol=8564

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: