Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:49:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Interview with Steven Adler in C?rdoba, Argentina
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview with Steven Adler in C?rdoba, Argentina  (Read 21503 times)
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« on: November 06, 2005, 07:24:51 PM »

La Voz del Interior, main Cordoba's newspaper interviewed Steven Adler and I translated such interview. He's an excerpt:

- And "Chinese Democracy", the album Axl did with the new version of the band?
Adler: Do you know anyone who has heard it?

- No.
Adler: No one did. I know he recorded a couple of songs during several years, until someone from the company came in and thought they sucked. I would say to "Asshole", 'if we got together again, not only we'd have a great time but we'd also make lots of money'. But the truth is that it's been fifteen years since I last saw him.

To read more, go here:
http://gnr.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=exgnr&action=display&thread=1131323687

Smiley
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 12:48:55 PM »

'if we got together again, not only we'd have a great time but we'd also make lots of money'

I'm pretty sure Axl, Slash, Duff, and even Izzy don't care about how much money they could make.? I mean they do, but are more interested in the music.? (or atleast aren't retarded enough to say it like Steven).

Hearing shit like this from Adler makes me less of a fan.? I was already on the ropes for paying $13 for his shitty cd this spring (guess that was all about making lots of money too).

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 03:27:25 PM »

nice interview i suppose but you'd think interviewers would think of something else to ask him about really. problem is every time he mentions axl or gnr some stupid comment pops out.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 03:44:25 PM »

I liked the interview... Look how Steven call Axl...  hehe kinda of funny... I think he is a great guy, really underrated by the way... Damn he is cool...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 03:50:05 PM »

Atleast he is honest about it, not like some other groups that reform and say its not for da money  Roll Eyes
Very cool interview, Adler doesnt fool around with polite answers or formal shit.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 04:10:24 PM »

Whoever said it's not for the money it's lying, fuck if it AXL, Izzy or duff, slash it's always for the money they will not do nothing for free, or everyone think that they lives for the money of the old times? I don't think so they need money to have their lives and they can do music so thats that Steven said the most honest answer along fellow rockers, it's for the money and always will be.

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 04:36:48 PM »

man, I think its not for the money what they did...

I once listened to Kid Rock say "Its all about the money, girls, fame and fucking around"

The guy is the decadence of Rock... Kid rock... sucks...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 06:28:48 PM »

dude steven the crackwhore is doin adlers appetite for the money!
he spend all his money on drugs...
steven calls axl.. asshole...
that is fuckin funny
a bitter crackwhore that didnt do anything musically calling the best frontman in the past 20 years an ashole..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 06:42:17 PM »

Steven has his reasons to call axl an asshole... I dont know if he does it for the money I only  read he earns 15 percent of what Afd receives, so that can make you have another opinion. Now Adler helped to write AFD, and that is certainly their most remarkable album in the music industry... so I wouldnt be so brave to insult steven..
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 07:30:41 PM »

axl was the only one that stuck with steven to the end.... cuz he didnt record persopnally with him...
steven now has more royalties cuz axl give him a percent of his royalties
he doesnt have any rite to call axl an asshole.... he only has envy... cuz he knos that he is a loser that nobody acre about him... he thinks he is importnat but he is only a bitter junkie

SLASH
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 07:32:56 PM »

Honestly man, there is a bitter person here, and its you... Grow up dude... Steven has his place in the Rock History...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 07:44:56 PM »

Steven and Axl can feel whatever they want about each other.? outsiders opinions are like assholes, we all got em and most of em stink.  the GNR boys were there, they know what happened, so they can feel however.   but i will say i wish they would keep it to themselves.  I love em all and I don't want to hear them badmouth each other.  it isn't fair to the fans to try and make them takes sides by trashing another guy.  let us love the guys for the music
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 07:49:15 PM by Bridge » Logged
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 08:06:35 PM »

Honestly man, there is a bitter person here, and its you... Grow up dude... Steven has his place in the Rock History...
what place? musicallly i dont think so.. he was mediocre drummer... nothing special
the only place that he has is a junkie that didnt anything for 10 years... spend all his money on drugs... had 3 drug induced breakdowns...

SLASH
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 10:18:57 PM »

Steven hasnt heard CD? In one of his last interviews he said it sucked. I guess he isnt the only person affiliated with GNR that contradicts themselves! hihi

Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 10:05:57 AM »

Steven and Axl can feel whatever they want about each other.  outsiders opinions are like assholes, we all got em and most of em stink.  the GNR boys were there, they know what happened, so they can feel however.   but i will say i wish they would keep it to themselves.  I love em all and I don't want to hear them badmouth each other.  it isn't fair to the fans to try and make them takes sides by trashing another guy.  let us love the guys for the music
Agree with you, and in my opinion they are both stupid for not keeping their mouth shout. Period!

No man can be my equal
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 11:28:38 AM »

'if we got together again, not only we'd have a great time but we'd also make lots of money'

(or atleast aren't retarded enough to say it like Steven).

I heard about axl rose driving ferraris and duff getting 5millon dollars mansions... steven came to argentina for 5.000 DOLLARS (all the band) and he was dressing leather clothes, sitting in the floor next to me talking about stuffs...

that's a hardrocker, that's guns n roses, not mr rose with braids ferraris and rap clothes.? Wink

do you still thinking that steven thinks about money? he came to argentina for free  beer

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 11:34:14 AM »

thats patethic! rofl
he is tarnishing the guns n roses fame for $5000! Angry
but what can yo expect for a  guy that sucked dicks to get crack! yes

SLASH
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 04:01:38 PM »

thats patethic! rofl
he is tarnishing the guns n roses fame for $5000! Angry
but what can yo expect for a  guy that sucked dicks to get crack! yes

Well yeah crack can get you go very deep to patheticness  no
But he ain't tarnishing GNR fame at all I think the whole breakup and new CD coming out it's tarnishing.
WTF is tarnish??  nervous

No man can be my equal
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 05:21:27 PM »

(or atleast aren't retarded enough to say it like Steven).

I heard about axl rose driving ferraris and duff getting 5millon dollars mansions... steven came to argentina for 5.000 DOLLARS (all the band) and he was dressing leather clothes, sitting in the floor next to me talking about stuffs...

that's a hardrocker, that's guns n roses, not mr rose with braids ferraris and rap clothes.? Wink

do you still thinking that steven thinks about money? he came to argentina for free? beer

I agree about the braids, rap clothes, Argentinian dilldos, etc.? ?I never said what was rock n' roll and what wasn't (although maybe its just me, but your thought about ferraris sort of contradicts your point, i mean, fast sports cars go hand in hand with rock n roll, but maybe sports cars go together with polka for you.)

And I haven't solved this riddle yet.? How does one get paid $5,000 but still manage to go to Argentina for free??

My point about the money wasn't to bash Steven.? He's one of my favorite drummers and the best GNR has had imo.? It's just that he seems so desperate for it that he's willing to sacrifice the music for it.? Out of the original five, he's the one that would want to throw a reunion together whether it sucked or not just to get some extra cash.? Which, in all honesty he probably deserves to be the one who needs the cash the most.? I mean, what would you rather do, play with your old mates on some rocking tunes or suck on a purple headed yogurt slinger until it spits at you just to get your crack?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 05:56:48 PM »

Steven hasnt heard CD? In one of his last interviews he said it sucked.

No you are misquoting him.  he said that it "will suck" because it isn't the five of them recording it.  he didn't say it "does suck" meaning he heard it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: