Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  A message to Tracii, Steven and anyone else....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A message to Tracii, Steven and anyone else....  (Read 33171 times)
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 04:48:26 PM »

Agreed, IZZY's (the poster) response was the best.   

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 05:13:05 PM »

Fucking Adler's Appetite. Way to be original with that one you fucking idiot.
"At first we called this thing Suki Jones, but Adler's Appetite is a much stronger name. This band is nothing to do with ripping off Appetite For Destruction, it's about my own appetite- forgetting out there and playing music again" - Steven Adler
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 05:40:09 PM »

"At first we called this thing Suki Jones, but Adler's Appetite is a much stronger name. This band is nothing to do with ripping off Appetite For Destruction, it's about my own appetite- forgetting out there and playing music again" - Steven Adler

hahaha, you believe that?? Go pick up a dictionary, flip through it and randomly pick a word out of it, any word.? Was it appetite?? Probably not.? But somehow Steven got that word, and it by no means has anything to do with the album.? It's about his eating disorder.?

I'm going to start a GNR tribute band called Deez Nut's Appetite.? The appetite portion has nothing to do with gnr or ripping them off.? It's about my nuts, and how they have an appetite for being on fat ugly bitches after a night of drinking.?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 06:46:36 PM »

ummm steven adler was the driving rhythmic force behind appetite for destruction and i believe he has the right to say whatever the fuck he wants.

poop
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 06:47:26 PM »

Personally I think Duff should go fuck himself more than these guys, because people actually listen to what Duff has to say.

To hear a Goddamn bass player say that Axl never wrote a GNR song s ridicoulous, especially since everyone knows Duff was so up to his neck in drugs and alcohol he probably doesn't remember much of anything in his life before 94.

I still say that Axl, Slash and Izzy were the tro tha made GNR...the rest were at the right place at the right time and just went along for the ride

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »

Steven can say whatever he wants about Axl/GNR. And Tracii can say anything about Axl. Quit hating...

gnrevolution.com
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 10:01:29 PM »

Right on dude, Fuck Steven and Traci. And Velvet Revolver too. Whenever I read an interview with any of the members of that 2nd rate band they are always talkin shit about Axl. Matt seems to be the worst. I guess to some degree Slash, Duff and Matt have a reason to be pissed off but who the fuck is Scott to say anything about Axl. When I saw VR in Sydney, Scott bagged Axl Coz some kid had a sign that read "WHERE IS AXL ROSE?". Scott is only pissed because if it Wasnt for Axl N' GN'R, VR would be no where near as big as they are and Scott would still be a Fuckin JUNKIE.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 10:04:48 PM »

I can understand your frustrations, but there's no reason to demean Scott's contributions to the rock world. STP carried the rock scene single handedly during the grunge era while GNR took a 12 years and counting nap.

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 11:24:22 PM »

Read the RIP interview Del James did with Axl over the phone in 1992...It's on the main site.
After reading that again,I now have less respect for ALL(with the exception of Axl) of the original lineup.
They like My World...But then later on said they didn't....Adler talks shit now,but he wouldn't have money to put food in his mouth right now if Axl wouldn't have shared publishing rights from Appetite with him when he did not rwrite a damn thing(unless he worked at 711).
Tracii flaps off,but then wants to join the new band?
Give me a break.
Axl may not be perfect..Far from it I guess,but those guys talk so much shit it's unreal

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 11:49:52 PM »

He's an extremely talented person, the best frotnam of all time,
In the eyes of GNR fans, and GNR fans only.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
nyd
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 12:08:33 AM »

No he's not ripping off Appetite For Destruction at all... wanna tshirt?

...or would you care to see his setlist from the Argentina shows:

1-It's so Easy
2-Nightrain
3-My Michelle
4-Out Ta Get Me
5-Knockin? On Heaven?s Door
6-Sweet Child O' Mine
7-Civil war
8-I Used To Love Her
9-Mama Kin
10-Rocket Queen
12-Mr Brownsone
13-Sin City
14-Welcome To The Jungle
15-Paradice city.

I have no problem with STeven playing the songs he helped create (apparently) but he should at least have the fucking balls to admit he is now milking it for every last dollar he can. He sold out a long time ago
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 12:12:51 AM by nyd » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 08:45:49 AM »

Personally I think Duff should go fuck himself more than these guys, because people actually listen to what Duff has to say.

To hear a Goddamn bass player say that Axl never wrote a GNR song s ridicoulous, especially since everyone knows Duff was so up to his neck in drugs and alcohol he probably doesn't remember much of anything in his life before 94.

I still say that Axl, Slash and Izzy were the tro tha made GNR...the rest were at the right place at the right time and just went along for the ride

Dunno about that dude, Duff is a pretty versatile musician. And they were all fucked up on drugs and booze so don't make Duff look like the only junky, subtance abuse is not a valid point to 90's GnR. Besides that quote was taken outta context and he apologized or clarified it or something like a day or 2 later.

BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 09:25:24 AM »

Dunno about that dude, Duff is a pretty versatile musician. And they were all fucked up on drugs and booze so don't make Duff look like the only junky, subtance abuse is not a valid point to 90's GnR. Besides that quote was taken outta context and he apologized or clarified it or something like a day or 2 later.

I agree man.  Duff just doesn't get the credit he deserves.  Have people actually looked at the song writing credits?  Duff's had a hand in some of GNR's best stuff.   Also, I think Duff's sound was one of the important factors in differentiating GNR from the rest.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2005, 09:52:46 AM »

No he's not ripping off Appetite For Destruction at all... wanna tshirt?

...or would you care to see his setlist from the Argentina shows:

1-It's so Easy
2-Nightrain
3-My Michelle
4-Out Ta Get Me
5-Knockin? On Heaven?s Door
6-Sweet Child O' Mine
7-Civil war
8-I Used To Love Her
9-Mama Kin
10-Rocket Queen
12-Mr Brownsone
13-Sin City
14-Welcome To The Jungle
15-Paradice city.

I have no problem with STeven playing the songs he helped create (apparently) but he should at least have the fucking balls to admit he is now milking it for every last dollar he can. He sold out a long time ago
im so with you dude...
yeah adlers pathetic appetite is about the hunger of steven... but hunger of money...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2005, 10:37:14 AM »

He's an extremely talented person, the best frotnam of all time,
In the eyes of GNR fans, and GNR fans only.
I don't think so A lot of not GNR people had told me that AXL is one of the best frontman they ever seen. I do think so myself.

No man can be my equal
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 11:55:22 AM »

I agree man.? Duff just doesn't get the credit he deserves.? Have people actually looked at the song writing credits?? Duff's had a hand in some of GNR's best stuff.? ?Also, I think Duff's sound was one of the important factors in differentiating GNR from the rest.

Yes - he did indeed apologise that that was printed so out of context.  He wrote an email to the VR forum message board and saidf it was totally out of context and that he would never deny Axl's creativity/input and songwriting and that My World was still one of his favourite songs.  Gotta keep in mind that media puts such a load of spin on Gn'r - always have, always will - hence Get in the Ring.  can find the link if anyone wants to read it.

Bagging Scott for Axl-ranting is pointless as well - he is constantly plagued by references /comparisons / debates about him versus Axl as a frontman for VR - he's bound to snap at times.  Am sure richard had his moments when people yelled out "where's slash" in the 2002 tours.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 12:11:01 PM »

here is that self-same Duff quote:

DUFF: to all concerned
i will know officially retract a statement made in an interview for the voodoo-fest in new orleans a couple of weeks ago. to paraphrase, i was quoted as saying that axl wrote non of the music for guns n' roses(supposedly in the time that i was in the band). this was an ABSOLUTE mis-quote and i do believe that my past record in doing interviews period, would show me saying something like this as a serious deviation from my normal responses to 'guns' quetions.
axl, and all 'guns' fans, i wholeheartedly apologize and am quite embarassed by this whole episode. i have always looked at the 'glass as half full' when it comes to the amazing things we accomplished, and the amazing songs we wrote as a group. 'my world' is still one of my favorite songs!!!
much respect and love....duff
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 07:00:48 PM »

I don't feel that Tracii Guns' opinion is any more valid than yours or mine,

okay, so then why should we take your opinions seriously, be they on Tracii Guns or Steven Adler?? Both Tracii and Steven have worked with Axl.? You haven't.? So both of their opinions are more valid than yours.? Case closed.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:03:17 PM by Bridge » Logged
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2005, 02:51:36 PM »

I didnt bother posting Tracii's opinions in my board because I dont wanna give more "press" to  these kind of assholes....... Cool

I think Tracii and Steven talk about Axl because that's the only way they could draw some attention to their own sucky work. That's how things are with media..... I did a test in this very same board: I translated Steven Adler's interview here in Argie, I posted it here and in my forum.... two days later Blabbermouth comes and takes that interview to their site.. changes the title to one that has AXL ROSE name in it..... awsome, now everybody's talking about Steven Adler.

Adler and Tracii and all the other people live off Axl.... mentioning his name in interviews inmediately brings media and audience attention. Im a journalist and I know how this works... I could bet my ass that this losers even arrange the questions with the interviewer before hand, to be asked about Axl or not talk at all.

Hahaha.......  Cool

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2005, 04:29:33 PM »

I didnt bother posting Tracii's opinions in my board because I dont wanna give more "press" to  these kind of assholes....... Cool

I think Tracii and Steven talk about Axl because that's the only way they could draw some attention to their own sucky work. That's how things are with media..... I did a test in this very same board: I translated Steven Adler's interview here in Argie, I posted it here and in my forum.... two days later Blabbermouth comes and takes that interview to their site.. changes the title to one that has AXL ROSE name in it..... awsome, now everybody's talking about Steven Adler.

Adler and Tracii and all the other people live off Axl.... mentioning his name in interviews inmediately brings media and audience attention. Im a journalist and I know how this works... I could bet my ass that this losers even arrange the questions with the interviewer before hand, to be asked about Axl or not talk at all.

Hahaha.......  Cool

Damn the media!  rant

Cheesy
hahahaha just kidding, whats your page?   ok

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: