Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  A message to Tracii, Steven and anyone else....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A message to Tracii, Steven and anyone else....  (Read 33169 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2005, 05:54:18 PM »

I think Tracii and Steven talk about Axl because that's the only way they could draw some attention to their own sucky work.

That's the biggest load I've ever heard.  First of all, Tracii's work is not sucky.  If you've ever heard it you'd know.  Secondly, not too many people outside of this message board give two shits about Axl.  Why would Tracii talking shit about him get his material any more attention?  And at least they have some work to draw attention to.  You bash other people who are out there putting out new material, while your hero is too much of a pussy to put out his own stuff.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2005, 08:31:04 PM »

pepe is only here bashin steven and everyone that is not axl.

he will be bashing izzy in any minute..

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2005, 07:04:16 PM »

Secondly, not too many people outside of this message board give two shits about Axl.  Why would Tracii talking shit about him get his material any more attention?  And at least they have some work to draw attention to.  You bash other people who are out there putting out new material, while your hero is too much of a pussy to put out his own stuff.

Are you sure about that? See, I get Google alerts everyday in my box and every fuckin' day there's an Axl mention somewhere in this world. Whether it is for what he's doing, for what he's not doing or for the impact he's caused in other people, Axl still makes it to the press by his own actions, inactions and other people's words. Like it or die. Its that simple.  Cool

Now regarding Tracii, I'd like for you to give a logical explanation on why someone who hasn't been in contact with another person for like 15 years or more has the need to talk and trash that persons in interviews that are supposed made to talk about their own life and not others? Whats the fuckin' point? Why does Tracii talk about Axl, what the hell has he have to do with Axl anymore? Just because he shared a couple of years in Axl's life, that doesnt make him the Axl all-knowing he tries to be in interviews. Same goes for Steven Sandler, err.. I mean, Adler..... what's their fuckin' problem??

Their problem is that the only way they can make it to the press is by having their names next to Axl's, because they are nobody by their own means.   rofl
tinyrobot
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2005, 07:07:46 PM »

Damn the media!  rant

Cheesy
hahahaha just kidding, whats your page?   ok

viva la press!  ok

its http://www.gunsnrosesfans.com
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2005, 08:15:46 PM »

I think Tracii and Steven talk about Axl because that's the only way they could draw some attention to their own sucky work.

That's the biggest load I've ever heard.? First of all, Tracii's work is not sucky.? If you've ever heard it you'd know.? Secondly, not too many people outside of this message board give two shits about Axl.? Why would Tracii talking shit about him get his material any more attention?? And at least they have some work to draw attention to.? You bash other people who are out there putting out new material, while your hero is too much of a pussy to put out his own stuff.

I'm just thankful that you responded to the sucky work part and didn't try to justify Steven's solo work as "not sucky".?

Sort of interesting too that you think Xozi's quote was the biggest load you've ever heard, and then prove that he was 50% right by not mentioning Steven's sucky work.?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2005, 02:58:36 AM »

Firstly, Steven's work does not suck, but saying Tracii's work sucked pissed me off a lot more.  Secondly, Xozi, Tracii was asked a question about Axl Rose.  He was asked his opinion, and he gave it.  Its not like Tracii is just going around and constantly talking about Axl.  You people never cease to make me laugh.  Do you actually think that just the mere mention of Axl's name gives a guy like Tracii huge media exposure?  The only thing it gets him is a bunch of Axl loyalists pissed at him.  Nobody outside of you guys give a shit about Tracii's comments.  Its news on this site, and not anywhere else.  When Tracii and Steven want to get some attention, they usually do outrageous things like releasing albums and playing concerts.  Tracii Guns doesn't need Axl, and neither does Steven Adler.  They've both done more in the last few years than Axl has.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2005, 06:29:43 AM »

amen to this guy ok

tinyrobot
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2005, 10:36:18 AM »

Firstly, Steven's work does not suck, but saying Tracii's work sucked pissed me off a lot more.  Secondly, Xozi, Tracii was asked a question about Axl Rose.  He was asked his opinion, and he gave it.  Its not like Tracii is just going around and constantly talking about Axl.

What the hell?!! Everytime a Tracii Guns news makes it to this forum it is because he's talked some kind of crap about Axl!!!! Geez.... this IS NOT the first time he gives shit to Axl... So if you think he doesnt need Axl at all then why doesnt he just say "hey, Im not gonna talk about Axl, ok?". That's the best thing he could do if  he really wanted to stand out for his art and not for his words. What's the point in talking about a person who you havent seen, worked, talked, etc, etc in more than 15 years?? You still havent answered my question, dude... what's the goddamn point?? Besides, he never says something new.. its always the same usual trashing and bullshit. Angry

When Tracii and Steven want to get some attention, they usually do outrageous things like releasing albums and playing concerts.  Tracii Guns doesn't need Axl, and neither does Steven Adler.  They've both done more in the last few years than Axl has.

lol... really? Well, then they should change something because they really dont get that much attention, unless they have some "guns", "revolver", or "rose/roses" attached to their names.

Steven Adler comes to Argentina (or any other country) because he brings a cover band of GN'R. You say he doesnt need Axl??? Then explain why he has a singer who sings almost exactly like Axl without the voice.

If he hates Axl so much.... if I hated a person that much, I wouldn't fuckin' have a "reminder" of that person working next to me!!! It doesnt make sense!

And all he does is play the AFD songs and has this guy acting and singing like Axl so the fans go to his shows just for the sake of the nostalgia....

Please, gimme a break!!! The day these people stop living off Axl's name and image, that will be actually the day they die.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2005, 11:33:08 AM »

Firstly, Steven's work does not suck, but saying Tracii's work sucked pissed me off a lot more.  Secondly, Xozi, Tracii was asked a question about Axl Rose.  He was asked his opinion, and he gave it.  Its not like Tracii is just going around and constantly talking about Axl.

What the hell?!! Everytime a Tracii Guns news makes it to this forum it is because he's talked some kind of crap about Axl!!!! Geez.... this IS NOT the first time he gives shit to Axl... So if you think he doesnt need Axl at all then why doesnt he just say "hey, Im not gonna talk about Axl, ok?". That's the best thing he could do if  he really wanted to stand out for his art and not for his words. What's the point in talking about a person who you havent seen, worked, talked, etc, etc in more than 15 years?? You still havent answered my question, dude... what's the goddamn point?? Besides, he never says something new.. its always the same usual trashing and bullshit. Angry

When Tracii and Steven want to get some attention, they usually do outrageous things like releasing albums and playing concerts.  Tracii Guns doesn't need Axl, and neither does Steven Adler.  They've both done more in the last few years than Axl has.

lol... really? Well, then they should change something because they really dont get that much attention, unless they have some "guns", "revolver", or "rose/roses" attached to their names.

Steven Adler comes to Argentina (or any other country) because he brings a cover band of GN'R. You say he doesnt need Axl??? Then explain why he has a singer who sings almost exactly like Axl without the voice.

If he hates Axl so much.... if I hated a person that much, I wouldn't fuckin' have a "reminder" of that person working next to me!!! It doesnt make sense!

And all he does is play the AFD songs and has this guy acting and singing like Axl so the fans go to his shows just for the sake of the nostalgia....

Please, gimme a break!!! The day these people stop living off Axl's name and image, that will be actually the day they die.

Good point Xozi, maybe Axl should call them out at the next Rock In Rio like he did the last time GNR played.  I forget who he was calling out last time though....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2005, 11:36:11 AM »

Personally I think Duff should go fuck himself more than these guys, because people actually listen to what Duff has to say.

To hear a Goddamn bass player say that Axl never wrote a GNR song s ridicoulous, especially since everyone knows Duff was so up to his neck in drugs and alcohol he probably doesn't remember much of anything in his life before 94.

I still say that Axl, Slash and Izzy were the tro tha made GNR...the rest were at the right place at the right time and just went along for the ride

Dunno about that dude, Duff is a pretty versatile musician. And they were all fucked up on drugs and booze so don't make Duff look like the only junky, subtance abuse is not a valid point to 90's GnR. Besides that quote was taken outta context and he apologized or clarified it or something like a day or 2 later.

I agree man.  Duff just doesn't get the credit he deserves.  Have people actually looked at the song writing credits?  Duff's had a hand in some of GNR's best stuff.   Also, I think Duff's sound was one of the important factors in differentiating GNR from the rest.

Yes - he did indeed apologise that that was printed so out of context.  He wrote an email to the VR forum message board and saidf it was totally out of context and that he would never deny Axl's creativity/input and songwriting and that My World was still one of his favourite songs.  Gotta keep in mind that media puts such a load of spin on Gn'r - always have, always will - hence Get in the Ring.  can find the link if anyone wants to read it.

Bagging Scott for Axl-ranting is pointless as well - he is constantly plagued by references /comparisons / debates about him versus Axl as a frontman for VR - he's bound to snap at times.  Am sure richard had his moments when people yelled out "where's slash" in the 2002 tours.

Of course he was gonna say it was taken out of context. You don't think he is actually going to admit he said that did you? Roll Eyes The only reason he apalogised is because the fans were pissed off at him for being such an obvious liar. ok
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2005, 03:51:55 PM »

Firstly, Xozi, how is what Steve doing any different than what Axl did in 2002?  They're both GN'R cover bands.  Steve played a couple new songs last time I saw him, and Axl played a few new songs when he toured a few years ago.  The rest of their setlists was GN'R material.  They're both golrified cover bands.  Tracii's a guy who likes to do his interviews, and when he's asked a question he gives an answer.  He getsasked Axl questions frequently, so he answers them.  Eagles' coach Andy Reid gets asked questions about Terrell Owens all the time, and he answers them.  Its not because he needs to mention TO's name to get media attention.  Neither Steve nor Tracii get much attention from the media, and mentioning Axl's name doesn't get them an additional attention except for here on this site.  Maybe if you weren't such a closeminded Axl freak you'd realise that GN'R sites are the only ones that give a shit about these comments.  To say Tracii Guns is living off Axl's name shows how ignorant you are in regards to him.  And Steve isn't really milking Appettite any more than Axl has.  Take a look at the setlists from the 2002 CD tour, they play almost the entire album.  Get your head out of Axl's ass already. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
tinyrobot
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2005, 05:21:10 PM »

Firstly, Xozi, how is what Steve doing any different than what Axl did in 2002?  They're both GN'R cover bands.  Steve played a couple new songs last time I saw him, and Axl played a few new songs when he toured a few years ago.  The rest of their setlists was GN'R material.  They're both golrified cover bands.

I will tell you how.... Axl has a clear position regarding all the ex-members and we all know which is. And Axl is coherent with himself because when he went on tour, he didn't pick a guy that looks like Steven Adler or plays like Steven Adler for drums. Axl didnt pick a guy who looks and plays like Slash for lead guitar. Axl didnt pick a guy who looks and plays like Duff McKagan for bass. And Axl didnt pick a guy who looks and plays like Izzy Stradlin for rythm guitar.... So, there is your difference. Axl doesnt talk shit about the former members and then goes touring with imitators of the former members.

Steven voices out his dislike for Axl, yet he hires a singer who pathetically imitates Axl. Refute that.... smoking

Tracii's a guy who likes to do his interviews, and when he's asked a question he gives an answer.  He getsasked Axl questions frequently, so he answers them.  Eagles' coach Andy Reid gets asked questions about Terrell Owens all the time, and he answers them.  Its not because he needs to mention TO's name to get media attention.  Neither Steve nor Tracii get much attention from the media, and mentioning Axl's name doesn't get them an additional attention except for here on this site.  Maybe if you weren't such a closeminded Axl freak you'd realise that GN'R sites are the only ones that give a shit about these comments.  To say Tracii Guns is living off Axl's name shows how ignorant you are in regards to him.  And Steve isn't really milking Appettite any more than Axl has.  Take a look at the setlists from the 2002 CD tour, they play almost the entire album.  Get your head out of Axl's ass already.

Hahaha, well you said it yourself... "neither Steve nor Tracii get much attention from the media", except for when they mention Axl, and that's a fact. Oh, and maybe if you werent such a closeminded compulsive denier, you'd see that those articles/interviews are not originated in GN'R sites but in Music sites/media like Blabbermouth, etc. Steven Adler and Tracii Guns don't talk to a "little unknown gnr site" but to major music mediums like Blabbermouth and the music section of American newspapers. Suck on that...

As for the rest, Tracii Guns has talked well enough about Axl in the past. I dont think he has loads  of shit to say. He's already said it all in the past and he's repeating it now. Why repeat? Because he has nothing new to say since, of course, he hasnt talked to Axl at all in the past 15 years. So all he has left to say its rebuild old stories of past adventures that involve Axl... A serious honest person would refrain to talk about someone they are not in contact anymore. A serious committed musician would stick to the topic of his own music and not relive 80's anecdotes that have been told time after time.  Tongue
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2005, 06:07:28 PM »

I've seen Sheldon Tarsha perform live.  By the way that's the name of Adler's singer.  I'm sure someone as misinformed as yourself probably didn't know that.  He really doesn't sound too much like Axl.  He's singing many songs that Axl has sang, but he's damn sure not an Axl impersonator.  And he doesn't look like Axl...in fact I'm pretty sure he's Asian.  Nor do any of the other guys in the band look like people who played in GN'R.  If you were more familiar with Steve's band you'd realize that.  You totally missed the point with my whole, "they don't get attention from the media," thing.  You say there are so many instances where Tracii has mentioned Axl.  I've only seena couple of instances.  There was the one interview where Tracii is asked about the GN'R Revisited project and why it never came to pass.  And there's a MetalSludge 20 Questions where Tracii is asked about his relationship with Axl.  I don't know where you've seen all these mentions, maybe you made them up?  I see way more Tracii stories on Blabbermouth regarding his band, live concerts, and his new album.  I know those things are not familiar concepts to you being a Axl freak, but most serious committed musicians like Tracii actually do make music from time to time.  Bottom line, you're a hypocrite when it comes to matters regarding our dear Mr. Rose, you don't really know too much about Steve or Tracii's work, and I actually had a fun time debating you on this issue.  I think its pretty clear who the winner here is...me.  Pleasure arguing with you.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2005, 03:40:44 PM »

this things are getting funier as time pass.

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2005, 04:32:01 PM »

Tracii can say what he wants, he was not slandering Axl when he made the comment, I know this for a fact

he wrote 7 of the songs on Appetite, only to sell the song writing credits because that was what Geffen wanted
and as far as being in GNR for 2 weeks
Axl was in LA Guns
Tracii was in Hollywood Rose
this is how GNR started
it was a lot longer process than 2 weeks

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2005, 04:36:50 PM »

Yeah, Boston, Tracii was far more involved with Axl than people think.  Hell, we wouldn't even have the name of the band (Guns N' Roses) without him.  They were playing a good amount of Appettite and Live Like A Suicide stuff during the Axl/Tracii days.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2005, 10:10:46 PM »

Tracii can say what he wants, he was not slandering Axl when he made the comment, I know this for a fact

he wrote 7 of the songs on Appetite, only to sell the song writing credits because that was what Geffen wanted
and as far as being in GNR for 2 weeks
Axl was in LA Guns
Tracii was in Hollywood Rose
this is how GNR started
it was a lot longer process than 2 weeks

You know nothing for a fact. And no way in hell did tracii write 7 songs on appetite. He "might" have had a hand in anything goes but thats probably the only one.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2005, 12:13:02 AM »

This belongs in dead horse. Can I get some help mods?

gnrevolution.com
tinyrobot
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2005, 03:31:08 PM »

I've seen Sheldon Tarsha perform live.  By the way that's the name of Adler's singer.  I'm sure someone as misinformed as yourself probably didn't know that.  He really doesn't sound too much like Axl.

yeah, right.... dream on  rofl

You say there are so many instances where Tracii has mentioned Axl.  I've only seena couple of instances.  There was the one interview where Tracii is asked about the GN'R Revisited project and why it never came to pass.  And there's a MetalSludge 20 Questions where Tracii is asked about his relationship with Axl.

oh yeah, and don't you think 3 instances so far are PRETTY ENOUGH to be fed up of Tracii talking about Axl? Much more when all he says is nothing new but things that happened 15 years ago? Wink

Bottom line, you're a hypocrite when it comes to matters regarding our dear Mr. Rose, you don't really know too much about Steve or Tracii's work

I dont think there  is too much to know... they dont do shit... ahahaha.... and if Steven has new material, then he should show it to the world. I dont see the point in travelling so far to a country like mine just to present the AFD songs, with a singer who sings like Axl Rose.

and I actually had a fun time debating you on this issue.  I think its pretty clear who the winner here is...me.  Pleasure arguing with you.

ahaha... omg, only a pathetic loser like you would claim himself the "winner"  rofl of a silly debate. I didnt know we were fighting, excuse me sir... I never took it as such so in my view you didnt win shit.... oh wait, yes, you won the title of most idiotic person on this board. Congrats.

Besides, a person who refuses and avoids to answer why Steven Adler has a singer who sings like Axl, being that he openly dislikes Axl, cannot win anything...   smoking
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2005, 04:55:30 PM »

I don't know it for a fact?Huh,?

I was there !!!

[

You know nothing for a fact. And no way in hell did tracii write 7 songs on appetite. He "might" have had a hand in anything goes but thats probably the only one.

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: