Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:44:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 142361 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: May 15, 2004, 11:33:26 AM »

The first night:Some of the highlights were obviously the new additions to the setlist, especially Tears are Falling, Christine Sixteen and Gove Rock and Roll to You II. Creatures was a great opener and the band sounded tighter and ballsier than ever.

The crew let the curtain down and the crowd made lots noise about that. We were waiting about another 15 minutes or so till the music died and on came the noise of the bass. The lights went dark and the crowd could see four figures walk in the dark from the side of the stage. Then came the now infamous "You wanted the best!" line. Creatures of the night started on drums, the curtain came down and the night exploded into action.

Creatures of the Night
Dr. Love
Pledge Allegiance to R N R
I Love it Loud
Christine Sixteen
Tears are Falling
War Machine (Gene breathes fire)
Lick it Up
I Want You
Deuce
100,000 Years
Unholy (blood, bass solo)
Shandi (just Paul)
Detroit Rock City
Shout it Out Loud
Love Gun
I Was Made For Lovin' You (Paul flies)

God Gave Rock and Roll To You II
Rock and Roll all Night

This was the setlist and i was really pleased to hear the new songs. "War Machine" was great with Gene breathing fire at the end of it. "Tears Are Falling" was great to hear. They all were sounding really tight. There were a couple of minor mistakes but as paul said later in the show "We have made a few mistakes tonite, we're not perfect. But we try"

Paul started singing "Shandi" just before "Lick It Up" but the crowd wasnt getting too much into it so he just moved on to the next song and sang "Shandi" later on.

When Gene was blood spitting it looked really awsome. From wat i could see it looked like the wires Gene was going to fly up on didn't work for some reason and he just sang "Unholy" on the stage with the band. It was really great to see "Unholy" being played with the make up on. It gave the song new life.

I could see the wires for Paul and was excited that he was going to fly. "Love Gun" came on and he was still on the stage. I was confused but realised that he must be using it for another song.

"I Was Made For Loving You" made the crowd go mental. And by mental i mean screaming, and just being insane. Paul got on his wires and flew out over the crowd. In the paradise standing area, the crowd pushed down the barrier and ran to where Paul was singing. This song totally went off and my lost voice is very much crontributed to this song. (I was screaming the others too) Eric's drum riser went up at the end of this song and they finished with a bang.

KISS walked out for their encore and bowed to the crowd. Eric and Gene were messing around with each other and Eric was kicking Gene's cod piece and running around him.

"God Gave Rock And Roll To You" was another song that sent the crowd wild. KISS played the song a lot like they did on the "Revenge" tour, but they put a stop in the song just after the solo and then slammed straight back into the chorus.

What can I say about "Rock And Roll All Nite" that everbody duzn't already know. The lights, the confetti, the guitar smashing. It was all amazing and really really fun but i think everybody knows what happens in this song by now.

KISS finished with fireworks and everybody that was there was on their feet. KISS had shown Perth that they can still kick more arse than anybody else out there. I was glad that i have finally seen KISS live and wasn't dissapointed in a single song at all (except i would have liked to see "Black Diamond") 10 out of 10 for me.

Paul sounds and looks great. He was running around the stage all night and really showed he loved the stage. He also cracked some funny jokes too.

Gene. What a champ. His singing was spot on. Although i think he forgot a verse in "Unholy" and just sang one of the other ones.

Tommy was didn't show a single fault. His guitar playing was amazing and his solo's, spot on. He really played the Bruce and Vinnie solos as good as anybody without a floyd rose tremello system on their guitar.

Eric Singer gave a real great feeling to the band. His drumming was heavy and spot on. It seemed to make the band feel better and of course perform better.

KISS are looking great and I seriously recommend that you go see them on this tour. It will only get better once they are used to playing together, although last nite it looked and sounded like they have been playing with eachother for years.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:22:56 AM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 11:37:39 AM »

From Adelaide, Australia May 11, 2004

Creatures of the Night
Deuce
I Love it Loud
Christine Sixteen
Tears are Falling
Lick it Up
Dr. Love
I Want You
100,000 Years
Unholy (blood, bass solo, Gene flies)
Shout it Out Loud
Love Gun
I Was Made For Lovin' You (Paul flies)
Detroit Rock City

Rock and Roll all Night

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 11:39:49 AM »

Kiss were back together with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra last night in Melbourne for an encore performance of their 2003 Kiss Symphony. The world renowned MSO performed with Kiss at Telstra Dome in 2003 and the show was released as the Kiss Symphony live CD and DVD.

Paul Stanley praised the talents of the MSO tells fans they should listen to "good music no matter who is playing it. That is what tonight is all about" he said.

Stanley thanked conductor Kevin Levinson telling the crowd that when they decided to do the first symphony show and searched for an orchestra most were too snobby to work with Kiss. He said there are snobby rock bands as well and that the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra is the best in the world and Kiss were honoured to work with them.

Instead of the full 60 piece orchestra, a smaller chamber orchestra, all made up in Kiss makeup, were welcomed on stage to the finale of the main show. They performed 'Shout It Out Loud', 'Love Gun', 'I Was Made For Loving You' and 'Detroit Rock City' with Kiss and came back in the encore for 'Rock and Roll All Nite'.

Kiss opened the show with 'Creatures of the Night' and are performing some songs like 'Pledge Allegiance To Rock and Roll" for the very first time on this tour.

Creatures of the Night
Deuce
I Love it Loud
Christine Sixteen
Tears are Falling
Lick it Up
Dr. Love
I Want You
100,000 Years
Unholy (blood, bass solo, Gene flies)
Shout it Out Loud (with MSO)
Love Gun (with MSO)
I Was Made For Lovin' You (Paul flies) (with MSO)
Detroit Rock City (with MSO)

Rock and Roll all Night (with MSO)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 11:41:38 AM »

KISS rehearsed for over two hours before the second Melbourne show. Some of the songs they played:

Got To Choose
Makin' Love
Parasite
She
Anything For My Baby
Rock Bottom
Two Timer
Strange Ways
Comin' Home
Goin' Blind
Kissin' Time
Cold Gin
Mr. Speed
I Stole Your Love
Creatures Of The Night
The Oath
I
Love Her All I Can
All The Way

Night two in Melbourne just ended and the setlist has some changes!

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
I Love It Loud
Christine 16
Tears Are Falling
War Machine
Lick It Up
Dr. Love
I Want You
100,000 Years
Unholy
Shout It Out Loud
Creatures of the Night
I Was Made For Lovin' You
Detroit Rock City

Rock and Roll All Nite

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 11:43:30 AM »

The setlist for the the KISS in Your Face show at the Palais Theatre, Melbourne follows:

Deuce
Strutter
Cmon and Love Me
Parasite
Love Gun
Christine 16
Makin Love
Got To Choose
I Love It Loud
Love Her All I Can
She
All The Way
I Want You
War Machine
100,000 Years
Hotter Than Hell
Shout It OUt Loud
I Was Made For Lovin You
Dr Love
a few second of the The Oath
a few bars of I
Cold Gin
Detroit Rock City
King of the Nightime World
Shandi - Paul alone

Rock and Roll All Nite

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 11:44:24 AM »

i'm seeing them on monday in sydney.........man i can't wait, i'll get to see KISS live. Well not all of them, but from what i've heard there won't be a reunion ever again but you never know.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

Well from what i hear eric and tommy make the band sound tigheter then ace and peter did...jsut what i herd

gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2004, 05:23:52 PM »

Yeah, I can't believe some of the songs they've pulled out of the closet. I'll have to see them.

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 04:46:58 PM »

Yeah, I've heard Hide Your Heart, it came off the Hot In The Shade album with Forever. Man, can't wait to hear some of theses shows.

"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 06:09:32 AM »

I was gonna see them in australia this year but it was just gonna be a repeat performance of last years Sympony and Peter Criss wasn't gonna be there so i thought fuck that.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 06:25:11 AM »

Im seein' them this Friday night in Brisbane.
I saw them in 01' on their "farwell tour" but oh well.
I dont agree with Paul being not interested in more albums, just endless amounts of Best of...bullshit.
Atleat this time i'll hear em' play God gave RNR to you, n' not through the speakers as everyone leaves at the end of the show like last time Angry
KI$$ KI$$ KI$$
it should be good though beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 04:47:24 PM »

The show just ended and the setlist for Sydney is as follows:

King of the Nightime World
Deuce
Makin Love
I Love It Loud
Christine Sixteen
Tears Are Falling
War Marchine
Lick It Up
Dr Love
I Want You
100,000 Years
Unholy
Shout It Out Loud (with Symphony)
Love Gun (with Symphony)
I Was Made For Lovin You (with Symphony)
Detroit Rock City (with Symphony)

Rock And Roll All Nite (with Symphony)

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 04:21:17 AM »

I like the PERTH setlist better rant rant rant,
was that the fan clube concert only or what...Huh
i know their's 1 in MEL, SYD n' BRIZ!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 09:56:46 AM »

Kiss started the first night in Budokan with a refreshed set list that pleased the crowd, the highlights of which were Makin Love, All the Way, I Want you and God Gave rock and roll to you.

King of the night time world
Deuce
Makin' love
I love it loud
Christen 16
Tears are falling
War machine
Lick it up
All the way
Dr. love
I want you
Goin' blind
100,000 years
Love gun
I was made for loving you
Detroit rock city

God gave rockn roll to you 2
Rock and roll all night

There were a few glitches, which should disappear, as the band hadn't played in a week. Overall, a succession of 20 songs nonstop for over 100 minutes that rocked the 10,000 fans of Kiss Army Nippon.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 10:00:02 AM »

Night Two In Japan

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin Love
I love it loud
Cmon and love me
Cold Gin
War Machine
Got to Choose
Parasite
I want You
Love her all I can
100,000 years
She
Unholy
Callin Dr Love
Shout it out Loud
I was made for lovin you
Detroit Rock City
God Gave RNR to you II
Rock and Roll all nite

There's nothing else to say.
It was absolutely MAGIC.

AWESOME SHOW
AWESOME SETLIST
AWESOME BAND
AWESOME SONGS

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2004, 02:50:11 PM »

Night 3 In The Budokan

Love gun
Deuce
Makin' love
Dr.Love
C'mon & love me
Cold gin
Got to choose
War machine
Lick it up
Parasite
She
I want you
I love it loud
100,000 year
Unholy
Shout it out loud
I was made for loving you
Detroit rock city
God gave rock n roll to you 2
Rock n roll all night

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2004, 01:19:36 AM »

Looks like the setlist is really good, I hope it stays that way, though I wish "Hide Your Heart" was in there.  That was hands down the best song ever from the Stanley-Simmons 80s era of Kiss.  Anyone else heard that song?

Question:

This song was on Hot In The Shade... in the same year it was also on an Ace Frehley solo album called "Trouble Walkin" (Which is actually a VERY good CD, IMO).  A few years back I had an MP3 of Hide Your Heart played by some artist named Molly Hatchet.  

I'm just wondering if anyone can fill me in as to who actually wrote this song?  I thought I had read somewhere that it was originally by Molly Hatchet, and since Frehley covered it mere months after Kiss did, it caused some problems between Simmons/Stanley and Ace.  

If the song was written by Kiss, it seems really strange that Ace would pick a song by his former bandmates to cover for his CD.

Can someone who owns HITS check the liner notes?  All I have is a burnt copy of Ace's CD.  BTW... my favourite version of the song is Ace's.  The Molly Hatchet version seemed really "country-rock", but it's a toss up between Kiss' and Ace's version.  
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2004, 09:27:03 AM »

Looks like the setlist is really good, I hope it stays that way, though I wish "Hide Your Heart" was in there.  That was hands down the best song ever from the Stanley-Simmons 80s era of Kiss.  Anyone else heard that song?

Question:

This song was on Hot In The Shade... in the same year it was also on an Ace Frehley solo album called "Trouble Walkin" (Which is actually a VERY good CD, IMO).  A few years back I had an MP3 of Hide Your Heart played by some artist named Molly Hatchet.  

I'm just wondering if anyone can fill me in as to who actually wrote this song?  I thought I had read somewhere that it was originally by Molly Hatchet, and since Frehley covered it mere months after Kiss did, it caused some problems between Simmons/Stanley and Ace.  

If the song was written by Kiss, it seems really strange that Ace would pick a song by his former bandmates to cover for his CD.

Can someone who owns HITS check the liner notes?  All I have is a burnt copy of Ace's CD.  BTW... my favourite version of the song is Ace's.  The Molly Hatchet version seemed really "country-rock", but it's a toss up between Kiss' and Ace's version.  

From what I've found, it was written by Paul Stanley, Desmond Child (he wrote I Was Made For Lovin' You and tons of 80's hits) and somebody named Kelly. Paul decided he was going to give the song to Ace then when it was time to record HITS they decided they would record it.
     And yeah, I agree, Ace's solo albums really rock and he doesn't get enough credit for them. He's supposed to have a new one coming out but he's been saying that for years.
    Great news for KISS fans! They are recording every concert and selling afterwords.
    And finally, KISS on this tour are really rocking! I have three MP3s of "Love Her All I Can", "All The Way", and a sample of "The Oath/I/ColdGin" and they are the tightest that I can remember them being.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 05:15:40 PM by gnrmadagascar » Logged

Dizzy
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2004, 10:05:44 AM »

"Hide Your Heart" was written by Paul Stanley, Desmond Child, and Holly Knight.  It was first recorded by Kiss.  It was covered by Ace Frehley not long after, and then Molly Hatchet later on.

I have never heard the Hatchet version, but I like Ace's recording, though the original Kiss version is by far my favorite.  As I said, I think it is their best song from the post-original lineup era.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 10:50:04 AM by Dizzy » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2004, 06:01:45 PM »

Setlist for tonight's show in Osaka:

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
Dr. Love
C'mon On And Love Me
Cold Gin