Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 141753 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #480 on: June 20, 2017, 03:20:43 PM »

Watch Original KISS Drummer PETER CRISS Play His Last-Ever U.S. Concert

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-original-kiss-drummer-peter-criss-play-his-last-ever-u-s-concert/

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #481 on: February 18, 2018, 08:09:20 PM »

Is It 'The End Of The Road' For KISS?

On February 8, Kiss Catalog Ltd., the owner of the intellectual property rights pertaining to the legendary rock group KISS, filed an application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for the word mark "The End Of The Road". If granted, the registration will protect the use of the standard character mark of "The End Of The Road" on entertainment services, specifically "live performances by a musical band."

Word of the application has led to speculation among KISS fans that the band could be preparing to embark on its final tour.

KISS had once before publicly announced its plans to call it quits nearly 20 years ago. Guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley later said that the band's tumultuous "Farewell Tour" in 2000 was nothing more than an attempt by the group to "put KISS out of its misery" after years of ego clashes and disagreements over songwriting credits between the band's original members.

"The 'Farewell Tour' was to get off the stage with our tails between our legs while we still had some self-respect left," bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons explained. "And it became very clear the fans didn't want us to go."

Simmons said in a 2017 interview that KISS had "a few more years" left before it would call it quits. He told Glasgow Live: "We're the hardest-working band in show business. I wear over forty pounds of studs and armor and all that stuff, seven-inch platform heels, spit fire and have to fly through the air and do all that stuff.

He continued: "In hindsight, it would have been smarter to be a U2 or THE [ROLLING] STONES, to wear some sneakers and a t-shirt and you're comfortable. No, we had to do it the hard way.

"So we're not gonna be able to do it into our 70s, and I'm 67 now. We'll do it for a few more years, and then when we think it's time to go, we'll go, and we'll do it the right way, with a big party. I'd like to think that we would do something that rocks the planet ? something big and worldwide and maybe free."

Stanley has repeatedly said that the band could one day continue without him and Gene, explaining in an interview: "Once the original [KISS lineup] was no more, it just became clear to us that, in some ways, we're much more a sports team. We don't fall into the limitations of other bands, because we're not other bands. So, yeah, at some point, I'd love to see somebody in the band in my place, and it's because I love the band."

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #482 on: February 19, 2018, 01:35:29 AM »

Paul Stanley later said that the band's tumultuous "Farewell Tour" in 2000 was nothing more than an attempt by the group to "put KISS out of its misery" after years of ego clashes and disagreements over songwriting credits between the band's original members.

Songwriting credits??   Huh  In their respective books, Paul and Gene both stated that it was because of Ace's and (especially) Peter's bad behavior.

Stanley has repeatedly said that the band could one day continue without him and Gene, "So, yeah, at some point, I'd love to see somebody in the band in my place, and it's because I love the band."

Yeah, I'm sure people will buy Kiss tickets with 0 original members.   Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #483 on: July 31, 2018, 07:13:25 PM »

Love Paul Stanley but his voice is finished. Hard to listen to him

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #484 on: November 19, 2018, 04:20:26 AM »

Love Paul Stanley but his voice is finished. Hard to listen to him

Well, you're in luck, because you don't have to.  He's been caught lip-synching like crazy lately.  Pulling his mouth away from the mic and then another word is heard, not making it back to the mic on time before his vocals start, and the vocals sound identical night after night at all the shows.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #485 on: July 22, 2019, 08:20:31 PM »

Anyone seen a show on this tour? Thoughts?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: