Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:22:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Iraq / war on terror thread
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iraq / war on terror thread  (Read 171561 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1240 on: December 02, 2005, 08:10:22 PM »

I personally think that planting stories in Iraqi newspapers to spin the war and gain support is a good strategy.  If we did in fact do this, I don't see any problem in the tactic.  Everyone knows a good part of any war is propaganda.  If we are using their news outlets to spin the war our way, I say good work guys.  I'm not sure what the uproar here is all about.  What is this incessant need to play by some goody goody rules?  This is war?  HAve you ever heard the expression "All is fair in love and war?"  Clich? become clich?s for a reason...as do sterotypes.  I'm not sure why libs think using propaganda to spin the war is a bad thing?  Oh my god, we planted stories to gain support for the war or our mission?   Shocked  What next, will be sink as low as to start name calling?  Guys, in all seriousness, grow some balls and stop looking so damn wimpy.  Have some self respect. 
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1241 on: December 02, 2005, 08:28:22 PM »

1.? I don't care how much time goes by, my feelings regarding terrorists will not change.? I will not sympathize or chnage my reference to them for the sake of political correctness.? They don't deserve any better.

2.? In jarmo's defense, it is very hard to ban someone permanently from an smf board.? He did not ban my account, only my ability to post.? My assumption is that he thought, maybe subconciously, that my offense wasn't worth a full banning.? Hell, there are no word horrible enough to describe terrorists.? Certainly 'towelhead' is about the least offensive of the possible terms.

One point:

There you go lying again, you liar.

You weren't just calling the terrorist towel heads. You were calling all arabs towelheads, including the guy who ran the store around the corner. You speak with nothing but hate for arabs and muslims. Going on and on about how useless they are as a race, how they smell, how you wouldn't care if the entire middle east was blown up.

Such a liar you are......... no

What are they?? Of course they are Arabs.? And if you have another name for them, then my point still stands.? They are in the middle east and also have nothing to contribute to the world unless you count BO as a contribution.? Man we have a convenient store down the street owned by Iranians and they have to be ranked as the smelliest people ever.

Talk about hypocritical people.? Axl even goes beyond my comments and slurs all immigrants and blacks and fags.? But, in your eyes, thats better than me asking if Arabs have anything to offer mankind.

I was just asking if they had anything to offer the world is all.? I don't need an excuse to blow up the middle east because I have no means by which to do that.? However, I think if the middle east were to disappear altogether we, as a planet, wouldn't miss too much from that region and in fact things would probably be a hell of a lot less chaotic on the international level.? Harsh words for bleeding hearts to hear I know.? ?

Call me racists if you want.? I could care less.? People called Axl a racist for years (still do) and he cared about that about as much as I do because he knew where he was coming from, same with me.? Fact is that I don't care one iota about the Arabs or for the Arabs.? ? Their way of life sucks and their ignorance is at the root of it all.? Who is to blame for that?? Who cares.?

Some of you are so compassionate I could cry.? ? Roll Eyes

I could care less whether you or anyone thinks its right.? I, unlike some of you, am not a bleeding heart liberal.? I don't carry compassion for terrorists or the stupid.? I want someone here, anyone, to post one goddamn thing we have to be thankful for from the Middle East over the past 100 years.? Just one.? And saying the Amazon Indian's didn't contribute 3000 years ago isn't a good argument for the lack of any redeeming value from the Middle East in 2004.?

I guess we can safely say at this point that no one taking part in this discussion knows of one single thing of value that we have to thank the Middle East for.?

-TyRod

So far I count zero things for which we have the Arabs to be thankful for unless you consider terrorist an invention worth mentioning.? Coem on people.? They must have invented a good food.? Anyone been to a good Iranian restaurant lately?? ?rofl

-TyRod-

Ok, well I'm not backing down from those comments, because as I read them again I see I didn't post any untruths.  The store down the street from my old house smells like hell (I mean like absolute shit).  Arabs have contributed nothing I can think of to our civilization (and more to the point, none of you could find anything they have contributed either).  I beleive (don't condone, but believe) that if that area of the world ceased to exist, globally things would be better in this world.   What is your point?

You go out of your way to continually bring this stuff back up.  You take every opportunity you can to call me out for this or to call GNRNIGHTTRAIN out for whatever his big crime is.  You have mentioned by "towelhead' remark about 50 times over the past year or so.  To what point?  I guess it is a diversion tactic you use when your end of the arguements starts slipping...I don't know.  I could go back into your old posts and find coutless instances where you insulted posters broke forum rules.  But only a liberal would do something so lame.  Hell you about cried ypurself to sleep when I made a simple joke about sterilization of liberals.   Cry  What is your point in all this?  That I am deeply emotional about what happened on 9/11?  That I won't forgive or forget what happened on 9/11?  That hold the extreme muslims responsible for this idiocy that killed my friends?  That I have nothing nice to say about the places these people come from?  If that is your point of bringing this stuff up over and over again, well you could have just asked.  My feelings are the same today.  I am more tempered with my responses because of the forum rules, and because I was asked to be by jarmo....but I still carry a bunch of pisse doff emotions regarding 9/11.  Always will I'm afraid.

In any event, I could get on my high horse over the internet and cry how damn politically correct I am, or I can state my opinions for what they are.  I prefer to be a man about it and not hide behind any falsehoods.   In any event, I have modified my approach since then as requested.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1242 on: December 02, 2005, 08:33:43 PM »

"You go out of your way to continually bring this stuff back up. "

Only because you always lie about it. I wouldn't give a rat's ass, but you sit here and lie about what you said. If you are going to lie, then I will submit the words that came out of your mouth. You said you only spoke about terrorists that way, which was a lie.

Don't lie and I won't dig.

Easy as that.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1243 on: December 02, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

I'm not sure why libs think using propaganda to spin the war is a bad thing?? Oh my god, we planted stories to gain support for the war or our mission?? ?Shocked? What next, will be sink as low as to start name calling?? Guys, in all seriousness, grow some balls and stop looking so damn wimpy.? Have some self respect.?

Ted Kennedy said this today:

"Now, they're confronted with a serious problem over there in Iraq -- I've now finished my sixth visit just two months ago -- and that is disinformation. An enormous amount of information is being fed the Iraqi press, both written and television, that is just plain factually wrong.

"And my point of that statement was to talk about the measure of disinformation, and I stand by the statement. I said here the disinformation is going out in that country is really affecting the effectiveness of what we're achieving and what our troops are fighting and dying for and being wounded. And as a consequence, we have no recourse but to try and get the truth and the facts out."

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1244 on: December 02, 2005, 08:46:26 PM »

Arabs have contributed nothing I can think of to our civilization (and more to the point, none of you could find anything they have contributed either).? I beleive (don't condone, but believe) that if that area of the world ceased to exist, globally things would be better in this world.? ?What is your point?

Shows your ignorance.

Ever heard of the pyramids? I guess Americans built them when they were liberating the Middle East?

Ever heard of Mesopotamia?

The fact that you're lying about your racist remarks says a lot. Once again, I'm getting tired of your attitude towards people from a certain area of the planet. That kind of statements does not belong on this board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RichardNixon
« Reply #1245 on: December 02, 2005, 11:01:25 PM »

Arabs discovered algebra.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1246 on: December 02, 2005, 11:02:53 PM »

Arabs have contributed nothing I can think of to our civilization (and more to the point, none of you could find anything they have contributed either).? I beleive (don't condone, but believe) that if that area of the world ceased to exist, globally things would be better in this world.? ?What is your point?

Shows your ignorance.

Ever heard of the pyramids? I guess Americans built them when they were liberating the Middle East?

Ever heard of Mesopotamia?

The fact that you're lying about your racist remarks says a lot. Once again, I'm getting tired of your attitude towards people from a certain area of the planet. That kind of statements does not belong on this board.

/jarmo

And I respected your position on that when I returned. ?I have taken a different approach and haven't written anything even remotely off color since (unless you can't take a joke). ?I did not (and do not) bring this up on a continual basis. ?As a matter of fact, I never bring it up. ?I am perfectly happy letting it stay in the past even though I wouldn't hesitate a second making my opinions known in the real world. 

I'm sure you know that it is slc that brings it up at every opportunity. ?So, you asked for me to stop posting things of that nature, and I did. ?Simple as that. ?Now if you could get slc to stop bringing it back up, it would stay in the past and I wouldn't have to respond to it. ?Because if it brought up in some attempt to call me out, I need to respond...don't you think?

As for the pyramids and mesopotamia, well I guess my question at the time had to do with actual contributions in the modern day. ?It's irrelevant, I shouldn't have asked it in the first place on such a liberal board, and I certainly don't want to talk about it at this point. ?

Again, if others leave it in the past, I obviously have shown that I am willing to.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:10:38 PM by Charity Case » Logged
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1247 on: December 02, 2005, 11:06:43 PM »

I'm not sure why libs think using propaganda to spin the war is a bad thing?? Oh my god, we planted stories to gain support for the war or our mission?? ?Shocked? What next, will be sink as low as to start name calling?? Guys, in all seriousness, grow some balls and stop looking so damn wimpy.? Have some self respect.?

Ted Kennedy said this today:

"Now, they're confronted with a serious problem over there in Iraq -- I've now finished my sixth visit just two months ago -- and that is disinformation. An enormous amount of information is being fed the Iraqi press, both written and television, that is just plain factually wrong.

"And my point of that statement was to talk about the measure of disinformation, and I stand by the statement. I said here the disinformation is going out in that country is really affecting the effectiveness of what we're achieving and what our troops are fighting and dying for and being wounded. And as a consequence, we have no recourse but to try and get the truth and the facts out."

Booker, do you actually expect people to care what Ted Kennedy has to say on this topic?  He is as biased as Bush is....and one of the most irrehensible people in Washington.  A real low life.  He bleeds liberalism. 

Without quoting a quack, explain how using the media in Iraq to spin the war or gaim support for our position there is a bad idea.  Explain why every other country in every other war has used propaganda to some extent, but the US shouldn't use it now.  Explain why you think this wouldn't be "fair play".

I really can't believe anyone would quote Ted Kennedy in any circumstance on any issue outside of drunk driving and getting away with murder...two topics he could speak intelligently to.
RichardNixon
« Reply #1248 on: December 02, 2005, 11:10:46 PM »

Ted Kennedy a "low-life"? He's the salt of the earth, as good as they come.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1249 on: December 02, 2005, 11:12:42 PM »

Ted Kennedy a "low-life"? He's the salt of the earth, as good as they come.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
RichardNixon
« Reply #1250 on: December 02, 2005, 11:17:27 PM »

That's all you got?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1251 on: December 02, 2005, 11:40:30 PM »

Booker, do you actually expect people to care what Ted Kennedy has to say on this topic?? He is as biased as Bush is....and one of the most irrehensible people in Washington.? A real low life.? He bleeds liberalism.?

Without quoting a quack, explain how using the media in Iraq to spin the war or gaim support for our position there is a bad idea.? Explain why every other country in every other war has used propaganda to some extent, but the US shouldn't use it now.? Explain why you think this wouldn't be "fair play".

I really can't believe anyone would quote Ted Kennedy in any circumstance on any issue outside of drunk driving and getting away with murder...two topics he could speak intelligently to.

To quote your last post:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Im glad you think that, because those statements were actually made by Senator John Warner, Republican chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee...

So I guess Ted Kennedy isnt the most biased guy around...Congratulations on taking the bait - youve been Hannitized.  ok

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1252 on: December 02, 2005, 11:42:52 PM »

I personally think that planting stories in Iraqi newspapers to spin the war and gain support is a good strategy.? If we did in fact do this, I don't see any problem in the tactic.? Everyone knows a good part of any war is propaganda.? If we are using their news outlets to spin the war our way, I say good work guys.? I'm not sure what the uproar here is all about.? What is this incessant need to play by some goody goody rules?? This is war?? HAve you ever heard the expression "All is fair in love and war?"? Clich? become clich?s for a reason...as do sterotypes.? I'm not sure why libs think using propaganda to spin the war is a bad thing?? Oh my god, we planted stories to gain support for the war or our mission?? ?Shocked? What next, will be sink as low as to start name calling?? Guys, in all seriousness, grow some balls and stop looking so damn wimpy.? Have some self respect.?

Which is in direct juxtoposition, of course, with one of the assertions made just recently by this administration:  That any real "democracy" must come with a free and independant press.  They then went on to discuss just how many independant news outlets now exist, in comparison to the "old" days (none).

Of course, it's kinda hard to say it's independant press when you're planting stories.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1253 on: December 02, 2005, 11:45:55 PM »

Ok, well I'm not backing down from those comments, because as I read them again I see I didn't post any untruths.? The store down the street from my old house smells like hell (I mean like absolute shit).? Arabs have contributed nothing I can think of to our civilization (and more to the point, none of you could find anything they have contributed either).? I beleive (don't condone, but believe) that if that area of the world ceased to exist, globally things would be better in this world.? ?What is your point?

You go out of your way to continually bring this stuff back up.? You take every opportunity you can to call me out for this or to call GNRNIGHTTRAIN out for whatever his big crime is.? You have mentioned by "towelhead' remark about 50 times over the past year or so.? To what point?? I guess it is a diversion tactic you use when your end of the arguements starts slipping...I don't know.? I could go back into your old posts and find coutless instances where you insulted posters broke forum rules.? But only a liberal would do something so lame.? Hell you about cried ypurself to sleep when I made a simple joke about sterilization of liberals.? ?Cry? What is your point in all this?? That I am deeply emotional about what happened on 9/11?? That I won't forgive or forget what happened on 9/11?? That hold the extreme muslims responsible for this idiocy that killed my friends?? That I have nothing nice to say about the places these people come from?? If that is your point of bringing this stuff up over and over again, well you could have just asked.? My feelings are the same today.? I am more tempered with my responses because of the forum rules, and because I was asked to be by jarmo....but I still carry a bunch of pisse doff emotions regarding 9/11.? Always will I'm afraid.

In any event, I could get on my high horse over the internet and cry how damn politically correct I am, or I can state my opinions for what they are.? I prefer to be a man about it and not hide behind any falsehoods.? ?In any event, I have modified my approach since then as requested.

So, to sum up, you're admitting you're a racist?

'Cause I don't know what other possible conclusion any reasonable person could come to after reading your statements, above.

Honestly.  Seriously.  That's some fucked up, wrong headed thinking right there....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:49:44 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1254 on: December 02, 2005, 11:48:35 PM »

Where is that located?

Around Oklahoma?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1255 on: December 02, 2005, 11:48:52 PM »

To quote your last post:

? ? ? ?
Im glad you think that, because those statements were actually made by Senator John Warner, Republican chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee...

So I guess Ted Kennedy isnt the most biased guy around...Congratulations on taking the bait - youve been Hannitized.? ok

Oh....touche'

That was well played, I must say.

Together again,
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1256 on: December 02, 2005, 11:52:07 PM »

I personally think that planting stories in Iraqi newspapers to spin the war and gain support is a good strategy.? If we did in fact do this, I don't see any problem in the tactic.? Everyone knows a good part of any war is propaganda.? If we are using their news outlets to spin the war our way, I say good work guys.? I'm not sure what the uproar here is all about.? What is this incessant need to play by some goody goody rules?? This is war?? HAve you ever heard the expression "All is fair in love and war?"? Clich? become clich?s for a reason...as do sterotypes.? I'm not sure why libs think using propaganda to spin the war is a bad thing?? Oh my god, we planted stories to gain support for the war or our mission?? ?Shocked? What next, will be sink as low as to start name calling?? Guys, in all seriousness, grow some balls and stop looking so damn wimpy.? Have some self respect.?

Which is in direct juxtoposition, of course, with one of the assertions made just recently by this administration:? That any real "democracy" must come with a free and independant press.? They then went on to discuss just how many independant news outlets now exist, in comparison to the "old" days (none).

Of course, it's kinda hard to say it's independant press when you're planting stories.

Nonetheless, still a good strategy in war. ?If it were up to you guys, we'd fight the war with nice words. ?Please understand that war is not ballroom dancing. ?People die, rule of engagement are broken, havoc is wreaked. ?It's an ugly business. ?A business that we are all glad you liberals decided to stay out of. ?I mean it takes real men to sit back and complain about using propaganda in wartime. ? ?Roll Eyes ?

As for Kennedy, my statement stands. ?He's a fucking moron. ?I had no idea that you guys would lie about a quote. ?I didn't even comment on the content of the quote, only on the person being quoted. ?So I'm not sure how you think I was baited into anything.  If I comment on the content of the quote, then you may have a point.  Pretty childish though. ?Congrats, you are now truly a stereotype. ?Smiley
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:54:26 PM by Charity Case » Logged
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1257 on: December 02, 2005, 11:56:32 PM »

To quote your last post:

? ? ? ?

So I guess Ted Kennedy isnt the most biased guy around...Congratulations on taking the bait - youve been Hannitized.? ok

Oh....touche'

That was well played, I must say.

hmmm...he lies about a quote, I comment on the person he credits the quote to and not on its content, he then says I've beeen Hannitized??

How was that well played?  Again, you don't even know when you have won a reatrded little game.   Roll Eyes
RichardNixon
« Reply #1258 on: December 02, 2005, 11:56:44 PM »

Where is that located?

Around Oklahoma?

Haha, but I'm not making that up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1259 on: December 02, 2005, 11:57:13 PM »

Nonetheless, still a good strategy in war. ?If it were up to you guys, we'd fight the war with nice words. ?Please understand that war is not ballroom dancing. ?People die, rule of engagement are broken, havoc is wreaked. ?It's an ugly business. ?A business that we are all glad you liberals decided to stay out of. ?I mean it takes real men to sit back and complain about using propaganda in wartime. ? ?Roll Eyes ?

As for Kennedy, my statement stands. ?He's a fucking moron. ?I had no idea that you guys would lie about a quote. ?I didn't even comment on the content of the quote, only on the person being quoted. ?So I'm not sure how I was baited into anything. ?Pretty childish though. ?Congrats, you are now truly a stereotype. ?Smiley

Couple things. ?First off, stop "making up" what we think. ?I'd like you to point out where any person, posting against the war, has ever said they thought war should be ballroom dancing, fought with nice words.

Must be nice to be able to set up the pins AND knock 'em down, eh?

We all know what war entails. ?And I agree, propaganda is a great tool. ?But talking out of the other side of your mouth, and espousing a "free press", when you know damn well it's no such thing isn't using propaganda. ?It's lying. ?And to the American People in order to bolster public opinion on how the war is going. ?

As for your statements on Kennedy, you've just done EXACTLY what you guys keep accusing us of doing: Discounted the contents of something without actually considering it simply because of it's source. ?Mighty "open minded" of you.... ?So, who's the stereotype?

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: