Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 11:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month  (Read 64798 times)
shaun
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2005, 09:55:42 AM »

I want Buckethead to remain on CD. No Buckethead, then no CD. I can settle for Slash. No Buckethead on CD and i will download CD rather than buy it  ok
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2005, 10:02:59 AM »

Ohh! Yeah! Finaly i got my internet connection back Cheesy

Like some of you have said before! Im not so sure about Fortus doing recordings when he is going back to LA and GUNS in a couple of days!
If Fortus wasnt alowed to say what he is doing back with GUNS. If its to important to keep it seacret Wink The he may could have used the recording
as a cover up!
 Lets say that GNR was going to take some promopictures and start the planning for the promotion for the album, do you really think Fortus would have
said that to a fan? Never!! It would make to much attention to what the hell is going on! You can se the attention when he only used the word "back to Guns N Roses"... ! So im sure there is going on something in the GNR camp, and i dont think its recordings!!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2005, 10:09:19 AM »

Still more needs doing....?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2005, 10:12:45 AM »

Art is long and life is short! ok

I can smell it as well.....smells like ......BULLSHIT. Grin

pooh? no I know it's cold, but You better air your room.

I can smell roses. Sweet. yes
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2005, 10:18:52 AM »

This is so funny you just have to laugh.....the funniest part are you idiots who see this as good news and as some form of positive comment. This lunatic has been trying to record a Gnr rercord since 1994! Musicians coming and going is immaterial at this point. The goal has been the same since 1994-release a Gnr cd. Take it from point A to point B. The only constant has been the alleged leader-Captain A as his lackies call him. This is truly one of the most fucked up situations EVER in rock history. There is a time to be positive and a time to simply look at reality. Something from these sessions will eventually surface. When? Who the fuck knows. Pure comedy. One thing Axl has accomplished-he has truly taken the recording of an album to a whole "new level." He lived up to his last press release. ok

well i`m one of those idiots who sees this as good news.... the best news in a long time (a year and a half)......idiot.......

first. this is a very strange situation. i don`t mean the whole situation since 1994, but what`s going on for like 3 months now. there are neither denials nor approvals on ANYTHING. (davinci code, GH2,etc...) the only tidbits of statements we got are some vague comments mystereon got from merck...

i think the amazon thing is one of the most strange things that happened... and it could very well be be a sign....

the only thing that i wondered about, during the whole GH2-->cover up theory is that noone seemed to care about slash`s comments. i mean he said that there was a tracklist made by axl`s management so there was definitely some truth to it... ? ?if slash wouldn`t have said this i`d have thought it was a strategy of geffen to force CD ....once again. or really CD...

i don`t remember if the source of his comment was in fact reliable, but i think it was true...

and richard...... ?i think this is really positive. the new bandmembers didn`t talk to(or just see??) axl for more than a year now according to brain for example. and they didn`t work on CD or rehearsed for more than a year now. don`t ya think this is positive?

perhaps madagas is right and they`re just recording something and the past years will be repeated. but i honestly don`t think so. i think it`s possible that richard has to be back in the gnr camp for promo and stuff. by the way i don`t think it was that negative if he?d record some guitar parts, since this wouldn`t take that long... ? i guess we`ll see... ?

i wonder if the other guys have to check back in the camp, too? ? are their any tour dates or comments yet?

as axl said live your life and when/if it comes out you`ll be happy.... ?it`s not easy, but it`s the only right thing we all could do beer

probably the band is preparing for rehearsals? ? ?i think there is a strong possibility that we`ll see axl at rio next year ( if not it`d really suck by the way)

peace /WARose

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2005, 10:22:43 AM »

Richard Fortus has told members of www.gunsnrosesonline.de (in person) that he will be flying to Los Angeles after his last Nena gig (07/12) to do some more work on Guns N'Roses forthcoming album, 'Chinese Democracy', which is still unfinished.

Can people actually read this or not...?

He's going back to WORK ON "Chinese Democracy". Not for rehearsal. Not for promo. For WORK.

Even if this is the last things to be recorded for the album, we are still months from a possible release.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2005, 10:24:42 AM »

This is so funny you just have to laugh.....the funniest part are you idiots who see this as good news and as some form of positive comment. This lunatic has been trying to record a Gnr rercord since 1994! Musicians coming and going is immaterial at this point. The goal has been the same since 1994-release a Gnr cd. Take it from point A to point B. The only constant has been the alleged leader-Captain A as his lackies call him. This is truly one of the most fucked up situations EVER in rock history. There is a time to be positive and a time to simply look at reality. Something from these sessions will eventually surface. When? Who the fuck knows. Pure comedy. One thing Axl has accomplished-he has truly taken the recording of an album to a whole "new level." He lived up to his last press release. ok

I suggest you stop with the insults, cause if you don't you will be banned.

People are free to believe what they want. No need to put tags on them.

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2005, 10:31:33 AM »

Richard Fortus has told members of www.gunsnrosesonline.de (in person) that he will be flying to Los Angeles after his last Nena gig (07/12) to do some more work on Guns N'Roses forthcoming album, 'Chinese Democracy', which is still unfinished.

He's going back to WORK ON "Chinese Democracy". Not for rehearsal. Not for promo. For WORK.

Even if this is the last things to be recorded for the album, we are still months from a possible release.

I think that they must record the "last minute details" mentioned by Richard a few days ago.

Nothing too long, I presume.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2005, 10:32:27 AM »

chinese democracy 4.0 starts now...  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2005, 10:36:14 AM »

I think that they must record the "last minute details" mentioned by Richard a few days ago.

Nothing too long, I presume.

No, but the recordings will need to be edited & mastered etc etc...

And you know how long that takes in the world of GNR.

I just hope the album art and stuff is ready to go because Axl could happily spend two years "working" on that too...
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2005, 10:46:19 AM »

This is too vague for people to speculate on that it will takes months and months, or just a few weeks.
Maybe Axl has two new songs he wants to add to the CD, and needs Richard to come in and lay down some tracks? Maybe after Axl finished all his vocals they needed just a few guitar overdubs or touch ups? Maybe it is getting Richard's final input on the mix and sequence (if Axl cares)?
Maybe they need to redo half the CD? Who knows, but it's silly to give a timetable.
Let's just wait until we hear something more substantial.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2005, 10:49:15 AM »

I am thinking that maybe Axl is finally done with lyrics and has decided that some of the music isn't quite right for his vocals? so Robin and Tommy and Richard have prolly been called in to tinker a bit with the music. At least that's what i'm hoping is happening. That seems like minor recording to me (Which were the words richards used no?) (What is Tommy doing these days? is he still on tour?)

Barring that, Axl has finally decided to lose Bucketheads parts, which could be bad or could be good, If all Bucket did was solo's then it might not be a big deal to lay some new solo's down, if all new music has to be done for a few tracks, We are looking at at least 6 months of intensive studio work. I'm thinking all buckethead contributed though were solos (Robin = song writer, Bucket = solo guy), although i am just guessing on that front.

If they really are committed to getting this out I don't think 1st quarter 2006 is out of the question. ok

EDIT: dammit lesty you took my post beer

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2005, 11:18:32 AM »

Barring that, Axl has finally decided to lose Bucketheads parts, which could be bad or could be good, If all Bucket did was solo's then it might not be a big deal to lay some new solo's down, if all new music has to be done for a few tracks, We are looking at at least 6 months of intensive studio work. I'm thinking all buckethead contributed though were solos (Robin = song writer, Bucket = solo guy),
It was maybe right from 1999 to 2001, before Richard arrived in the band in 2002. Richard told me (by e-mail - I chose not to post them) that he re-recorded Paul Tobias's parts and wrote himself other guitar parts and solos for the album. he added his own parts. The record right now is definitely different from what it was in 2001 before Richard's arrival (2002) and Buckethead's departure (2004). and tomorow (7th december) it will probably be different from what it is today (6th december) due to richard's new recording in L.A.

I think the Finck/Buckethead guitar duet is over. We are not in 2001 anymore. Buckethead left the band and Fortus arrived. Now we have to think about a Finck/Fortus guitar duet, both on the album and on tour. It seems more updated to me. The record has evolved with time and bandmembers who came and gone. Think about it. That's the way I analyse the situation.

Do you get it?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 11:31:35 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2005, 11:38:02 AM »

It really is an amazing situation.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2005, 11:38:19 AM »

It was maybe right from 1999 to 2001, before Richard arrived in the band in 2002. Richard told me (by e-mail - I chose not to post them) that he re-recorded Paul Tobias's parts and wrote himself other guitar parts and solos for the album. he added his own parts. The record right now is definitely different from what it was in 2001 before Richard's arrival (2002) and Buckethead's departure (2004). and tomorow (7th december) it will probably be different from what it is today (6th december) due to richard's new recording in L.A.

I think the Finck/Buckethead guitar duet is over. We are not in 2001 anymore. Buckethead left the band and Fortus arrived. Now we have to think about a Finck/Fortus guitar duet, both on the album and on tour. It seems more updated to me. The record has evolved with time and bandmembers who came and gone. Think about it. That's the way I analyse the situation.

Do you get it?

Cool I didn't realize that Tobias' part were redone by richard, I thought he was basically a Live Musician for GnR. hmmm, I wonder if Paul and Axl had a falling out? weird.

I have no doubts that the music sounds different now than it did in 2002.

As for Bucket/Finck that is the only known guitar duo I was aware of for the current version of GnR as i didn't know Richard wrote stuff for  the song's we;ve all heard. I was basically saying that Robin was there and wrote stuff with Axl and Bucket was brought in to lay down some killer solos. And as far as we've been told, Bucketheads stuff is still on CD. If they are just now scrapping all bucketheads parts then, depending on the amount of 'song writing' Bucket was involved with, it could be a while in the studio for Richard, Robin and Tommy. then if Axl has to revise his lyrics again then we are back where we have been countless times before. (and, IMO, that would not be a good thing) no

Do you get where I'm coming from?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 11:40:29 AM by Neemo » Logged

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2005, 11:41:37 AM »

LOL, this news was the perfect laugh out loud moment I needed today.

I thought everyone was soooooo confident that this thing was done and Axl was just waiting for the perfect moment? This is crazy. Oh well, here's hoping this is the really-actual-I'm-serious-this-time-I-know-I-have-been-full-of-shit-the-last-25-times-I-said-it-was-in-the-finishing-touches-stage-but-this-is-it-I-swear final stages and we'll see this monster on the shelves soon.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2005, 12:23:46 PM »

I can tell you with 110% confidence that Buckethead did more then solo on the material he wrote for axl's guns n roses .... if they were just now deciding to take all his work out we would be in trouble.

I figure Buckets stuff has been gone for quite some time or some agreement was made between both parties as to how royalties would go if they keep his stuff. Realize this this , buckethead created the main melodies , motif's , riffs and chord structures for many of the new songs and you can just tell someone else to go "re-record" it and that makes it all better. That work still belongs to the author , no matter who's copying it.

Also , alot of these songs sit in a pro tools enviroment where with a click of a mouse one riff played by bucket can be lifted and a riff by robin or richard or tobias or gary sunshine or dave navvaro or brian may or fucking axl is there insantly .. to my knowledge almost every song they've recorded has "alternate"versions sitting there in pro tools.

If Fortus is going back to record then fine , it probably means axl thinks he is a very important member and their for the long haul , but lets not assume he is going back to "re-record" buckets parts .. hell he could be redoing something robin stinck recorded. Or he could be going in cause axl had a fresh new idea for something.

It could be anything really , moreover .. he might not even be doing this for democracy , this could be for another album , single , b-side , radio promo etc etc .. it could be for a fucking xmas song axl wants done for beta for the holiday season.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2005, 12:42:27 PM »

it could be for a fucking xmas song axl wants done for beta for the holiday season.
rofl

SOme peopel here just dont want Bucket. But your post hit it on the head...it could mean anything...and hopefully it doesnt mean re recording all of Buckets parts....not because it will delay the delays but because Im sure his work elevated the material.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
madagas
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2005, 01:01:05 PM »

I leave you with a parting shot from Tommy's boy Paul Westerberg. This kind of sums up my feelings towards Axl and his never ending project...

There's a world in between
Being everything
To everyone
And being nothing
To no one

Giving life to a dream
Giving hope
Giving love
Giving some
And giving nothing
To no one

A world of extreme reflection
Hear his scream for affection

Being everything to everyone
And being nothing
To no one
I am a button to sew on

Axl needs to realize that there is life in the middle. He doesn't have to be everything to every one. Release the record and move on. Ultimately, he doesn't control how it is received by critics or if it will sell. That is up to the Rock Gods to determine. Let the chips fall where they may, but you have to play your hand. Cool

ps sorry for the idiot remark, that was a bit extreme. See you guys when there is an official announcement. Grin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 01:03:11 PM by madagas » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2005, 01:11:41 PM »

yeah... WORK dude.....   work could mean a lot of things....   i don?t think he`ll re-record bucket`s parts....  there was plenty of time to do that after bucket`s departure

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: