Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold  (Read 77807 times)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »

Saw the show last night in Vegas....really good show.....Operater opened for them, and they played a cover of "It's so Easy" the whole place went apeshit.

Axl is God.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2007, 01:26:43 PM »

Saw the show last night in Vegas....really good show.....Operater opened for them, and they played a cover of "It's so Easy" the whole place went apeshit.

avenged covered it or the random band?

html sucks
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2007, 01:49:19 PM »

avenged covered it or the random band?

Operator covered it, they're pretty good, check 'em out on myspace  http://www.myspace.com/operatormusic 

When Avenged came out, most of em were in costume.  M. Shadows was dressed like Rambo, Syn and Zachy were doctors covered in blood, and Johnny was Beetlejuice.

Axl is God.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2007, 02:26:56 PM »

only 4 tracks in, but it def has a more mainstream sound - which isn't bad by any means.  Listening to Afterlife right now - good tune.  I think you'll have some regular sounding A7X songs with some more mainstream/arena rock/radio friendly tunes mixed in along with some "trying new stuff" songs.

i shouldn't say anything till I've listened a few times, but i felt like typing so....   hihi

ok, a few more songs into this...

what
the
fuck

Lost and A little piece of Heaven sound like fucking fall out boy  hihi 

Lost has that Cher effect on the vocals and ALPoH (alpo? haha) sounds like god damn circus music.

very disappointing follow up effort.

these songs might grow on me with more listens, but I was hoping A7X would represent mainstream hard rock.  this is just trying too hard to be "different" - at least with these two songs... bummer  Undecided 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:15:29 PM by Lil' Butters » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2007, 05:46:34 PM »

First five tracks or so are good, the last track is pretty good, everything else sucks.  hihi

quite a bit of filler, prevents it from being a really great rock album.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2007, 12:10:56 AM »

First five tracks or so are good, the last track is pretty good, everything else sucks.  hihi

I wouldn't even call it filler though - its just such an odd sound for a hard rock band.  I like when bands try new stuff, but some of the later tracks are just so fucking bad and "Good Charlotte-ish".

Very disappointing - I don't know why they couldn't just make a total kick ass, hard rock, in your face album.  city of evil is so rocking from the first to last track - every song is good on that disc.

very disappointing, i've barely listened to it since i've bought it.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2007, 09:50:23 AM »

I wouldn't even call it filler though - its just such an odd sound for a hard rock band.  I like when bands try new stuff, but some of the later tracks are just so fucking bad and "Good Charlotte-ish".

Very disappointing - I don't know why they couldn't just make a total kick ass, hard rock, in your face album.  city of evil is so rocking from the first to last track - every song is good on that disc.

very disappointing, i've barely listened to it since i've bought it.

they are a shit band thats why they make shit albums.

theyve never made a good enough album to warrant the fame they have created for themselves.

There vocalist is wank also.

html sucks
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2007, 01:26:49 PM »

i was not a fan of avenged sevenfold last week, but i got their new album to give it a chance. i really like it. dear god is my favorite, its a good album, afterlife, lost, a little piece of heaven and scream are also good tracks.

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2007, 04:49:24 PM »

Best Album of the year imho!  Tongue
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2007, 01:59:16 AM »

Check out my videos from tonights NYC show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUYAWpKNqo8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8h6wdFN0Qg

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Gunsnroses-now
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »

The thing that made City of Evil so amazing was the guitar chords, tones, and a huge amount of soloing. The new album is rather bland guitar-wise. It's just big, really. There's a few very good songs on the album but overall it's a little disappointing.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2007, 12:23:32 AM »

The thing that made City of Evil so amazing was the guitar chords, tones, and a huge amount of soloing. The new album is rather bland guitar-wise. It's just big, really. There's a few very good songs on the album but overall it's a little disappointing.

i'd say a lot disappointing.  you know its bad when you're already looking forward to the NEXT album.   Undecided

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »

Considering that I have been listening to rock music since before the Illusions came out...i would say that I know a thing or 2....I will go on record as saying the new Avenged Sevenfold album is the BEST hard rock album to come out in the last 15 years....It has it ALL....and is far more creative than any of the bullshit that has come out in recent years....also considering these guys are only 24-26 years old it is insane to think what kind of records they will be giving us the future...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2007, 01:24:11 PM »

The new album is a pile of shit. So , fucking bad that they should almost call it quiets.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2007, 01:31:34 PM »

The new album is a pile of shit. So , fucking bad that they should almost call it quiets.

lmao what a kick ass comment  rofl

html sucks
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2007, 01:52:44 PM »

Yeah I agree totally. And I loved City of Evil. I think it's one of the better albums of this century so far. The self titled is terrible tho. Where COE takes cues from Iron Maiden or The Misfits or even GnR this album seems to be influenced by good charlotte or fall out boy, which makes me not want to bother with A7X ever again. I was really looking forward to this album and was equally disappointed. I'll just keep listening to Waking The Fallen (which fucking rules) and use my copy of the self titled to prop something up.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2007, 02:03:32 AM »

Yeah I agree totally. And I loved City of Evil. I think it's one of the better albums of this century so far. The self titled is terrible tho. Where COE takes cues from Iron Maiden or The Misfits or even GnR this album seems to be influenced by good charlotte or fall out boy, which makes me not want to bother with A7X ever again. I was really looking forward to this album and was equally disappointed.

wow - you 100% summed up my exact thoughts on this album.  perfect analysis.  the 2nd half of the album is straight out of the good charlotte play book.  really fucking lame.

i can maybe understand people liking it, but best album of the year? best of the last 15!??! hahah c'mon guys - thats just ridiculous.  if you want to listen to an amazing CD that you can't stop listening to from beginning to end, check out Down's latest album.

i'm not ready to give up on them yet, city of evil is just too good to think its the best they have to offer.  beast and the harlot is such a great song.  i with the self titled was more almost easy/critical affair and less lost and the clown music song. 

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2007, 05:01:48 PM »

Yeah I agree totally. And I loved City of Evil. I think it's one of the better albums of this century so far. The self titled is terrible tho. Where COE takes cues from Iron Maiden or The Misfits or even GnR this album seems to be influenced by good charlotte or fall out boy, which makes me not want to bother with A7X ever again. I was really looking forward to this album and was equally disappointed.

wow - you 100% summed up my exact thoughts on this album.? perfect analysis.? the 2nd half of the album is straight out of the good charlotte play book.? really fucking lame.

i can maybe understand people liking it, but best album of the year? best of the last 15!??! hahah c'mon guys - thats just ridiculous.? if you want to listen to an amazing CD that you can't stop listening to from beginning to end, check out Down's latest album.

i'm not ready to give up on them yet, city of evil is just too good to think its the best they have to offer.? beast and the harlot is such a great song.? i with the self titled was more almost easy/critical affair and less lost and the clown music song.?

i thought "a little piece of heaven"(the clown musid song) was the reason why the album was so great..it was completely out of left field and didnt sound anything like anything anyone else is doing.  All bands today follow the same (screaming verses/singing chorus) formula and it sounds like shit...other that or you have bands like Hinder who think they are modern day GNR but they are more like the other cookie cutter rock bands like Daughtry and Nickelback....  I love Pantera but Down is unlistenable....
Gunner101
Opening Act

gnrevolution.com

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2007, 06:04:33 PM »

How is Down unlistenable?

gnrevolution.com
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2007, 09:12:58 PM »

How is Down unlistenable?

how arent they...they sound like a mess....poorly constructed songs....not to mention lame lyrics and song titles.....which really sucks because phil and rex are awesome...i expect more out of them
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: