Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 207987 times)
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #860 on: June 22, 2016, 06:36:01 PM »

It's time to wrap it up to be honest. Tyler doesn't care about Aerosmith anymore. It'd be great to see the rest of the band continue with a new frontman under a different name and put out 3 or 4 great rock albums with a singer who actually gives a shit about something other than having mainstream hits.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #861 on: January 27, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »

AEROSMITH's 'Farewell' Tour Will Last A 'Few Years'

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has told Ultimate Classic Rock in a new interview that the band's "farewell" tour will last for a very long time.

"The feeling is, right now is gonna be in semi-tour mode for the next few years," Perry said. "We'll be taking time off here and there, but we really want to play some of the places that we've maybe played once before, maybe never before. Kind of go around and hit all the spots you can."

The guitarist, however, stopped short of putting an end date on AEROSMITH's final trek, explaining: "We're much closer to the end than the beginning. I'm not going to say this is ? after the U.S. tour that we'll never play the States again. I'm not going to say that. I feel like, at this point, every show could be the last show. You just don't know. ? I always have this attitude, it's gotta be as good as it can be that day. That said, we don't have a day planned where we say 'Okay, this is the last show.' You can't picture that. On the other hand, I know there will be a last show just like there's a one last time for everything in life."

Perry also left the door open for new music from AEROSMITH, although it's not clear what form such a release would take.

"I've been talking to Steven [Tyler, vocals] a little bit about going into the studio and maybe even just getting one or two new songs," Perry said. "But I also know we're going to be looking at some of the archives and pulling out some of the more outtake things and some live stuff ? stuff we've never recorded. So, I don't know. I'd like to think we'd get at least one more going into the studio."

Last fall, AEROSMITH announced what was being billed as the band's "farewell" tour of Europe ? with an opening stop in Israel thrown in for good measure. The group announced the 2017 "Aero-Vederci Baby!" European tour in November, posting on its Aerosmith.com site: "AEROSMITH will return across the Atlantic with one of the greatest rock shows ever seen and will undoubtedly be the ultimate must see event of 2017 as the band embark upon this, their 'farewell' tour, saying 'Aero-Vederci Baby!'"

In addition to Israel, AEROSMITH's spring and summer dates will hit Georgia, Russia, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, England, Ireland, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland. Tyler and Perry announced the tour via a fake newscast video featuring "The Toxic Twins" portraying cable TV anchors.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #862 on: March 25, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »

AEROSMITH's JOE PERRY: 'Is This The Last Tour? I Don't Think So'

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has told The Arizona Republic in a new interview that what is being billed as the band's "farewell" tour is "not officially" the last chance for fans to see the group perform live.

"When we were talking at the end of last year, taking a break and thinking about the next go-round, you know, it's closer to the end than the beginning," he explained. "So we talked about ?Let's call it a farewell tour.' And it sounded like a good idea when we were just sitting around, but when we started doing interviews, actually having to verbalize it, if you're saying farewell tour, that means you have to have a last gig ? at least theoretically. And we couldn't wrap our minds around actually saying this is gonna be our last gig. We've been doing it for too long and none of us could picture that. I mean, I play every show like it's the last one, because I don't know what's gonna happen the next day. But we tried and couldn't do it. We can obviously sling some bull at an interview but that was one piece we couldn't get over and honestly say, 'Yeah, this is the final show of our farewell tour.'"

Asked point blank if the upcoming run of shows is the beginning of AEROSMITH's "farewell tour," Perry responded: "Not officially, no. But we postponed the American tour we were supposed to do this fall. And we're gonna go out and tour until, you know, we're done. And we're gonna try and hit every place we've ever played and never played. There's always new places to go. New countries. I'd like to play China and the Far East. There's a lot of places that are off the beaten path. Is this the last tour? Well, I don't know. I don't think so."

The guitarist added that he is not ready to walk away from AEROSMITH, explaining: "No. It's like, try and picture your last meal. You're only gonna eat so many times in your life. You're gonna sit down at the table 258 million times. There's a finite number of times you're gonna do anything in your life. To picture a final AEROSMITH gig, it's like? I can't do it. There's too much of that 'rock until you drop' ingrained into this band. But like I said, we're at the end, so who knows how long it's gonna go?"

Last fall, AEROSMITH announced the 2017 "Aero-Vederci Baby!" European tour, posting on its Aerosmith.com site: "AEROSMITH will return across the Atlantic with one of the greatest rock shows ever seen and will undoubtedly be the ultimate must see event of 2017 as the band embark upon this, their 'farewell' tour, saying 'Aero-Vederci Baby!'"

In addition to Israel, AEROSMITH's spring and summer dates will hit Georgia, Russia, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, England, Ireland, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland. Perry and singer Steven Tyler announced the tour via a fake newscast video featuring "The Toxic Twins" portraying cable TV anchors.

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #863 on: May 13, 2017, 12:01:59 AM »

Anyone going to any of the shows in Europe or the shows in the Fall in South America? 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #864 on: May 13, 2017, 06:01:28 AM »

I might go to the show in Copenhagen, it's basically up to a friend wether or not.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #865 on: May 29, 2017, 03:05:48 PM »

AEROSMITH Will 'Stay Pretty Active Over The Next Few Years,' Says JOE PERRY

Joe Perry has told the Associated Press that AEROSMITH will continue playing until at least its upcoming fiftieth anniversary, which the band will celebrate in 2020. "I thing that we're gonna keep going," the guitarist said (see video below). "The way it looks to me is the band is gonna stay pretty active over the next few years 'cause our fiftieth anniversary is coming up in two years, of when the band got together, and we'd like to see that happen."

Added singer Steve Tyler: "I don't know if it'll continue forever, but as long as the band is playing the way it is right now, it's gonna be for a long time."

Perry previously told The Arizona Republic that he wasn't ready to walk away from the band. He said: "No. It's like, try and picture your last meal. You're only gonna eat so many times in your life. You're gonna sit down at the table 258 million times. There's a finite number of times you're gonna do anything in your life. To picture a final AEROSMITH gig, it's like? I can't do it. There's too much of that 'rock until you drop' ingrained into this band. But we're at the end, so who knows how long it's gonna go?"

AEROSMITH launched its "Aero-Vederci Baby!" tour on May 17 with the band?s first show in Israel in more than 20 years. Roughly fifty thousand fans turned out to see the group perform at Park HaYarkon in Tel Aviv.

Speaking to NME on May 27, Perry explained that the band had had a change of heart over its farewell tour. "We thought it was gonna be a good idea when we first started plotting the European run," he said. "We're gonna do South America and the States for five months and we thought, 'Well, we're getting near the end here.' We don't know when the tour is gonna end, but we know there'll be a last gig of this tour. We all have lives outside of the band. We grew up together, went from being kids in the apartment to a long and storied career, so we thought, 'It's time.' Then we were in South America doing interviews and we couldn't fuckin' say it, that there was gonna be a last gig. We were looking at each other going, 'Really? Are we really gonna say this is the farewell tour?' So we kinda changed our minds. Will the band be together in a year? We'll do everything we can to make sure it is, but God may have other plans. Judging by how he's treated us over the last forty-eight years, I'd like to think he's gonna let us see fifty, but you can't guarantee that."

Selene Papillon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #866 on: June 16, 2017, 05:52:37 PM »

I saw them headlining Sweden Rock Festival June 7. Pretty good show, but I did think Steven Tyler seemed a bit tired, not as much energy as he had.

I don?t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #867 on: September 22, 2023, 03:29:01 PM »

Aerosmith postpones farewell tour after singer Steven Tyler suffers vocal cord injury.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/music/aerosmith-postpones-farewell-tour-singer-steven-tyler-suffers-vocal-co-rcna104590

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: