Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 77425 times)
Shoeboy
Headliner

Got my mojo workin'...

« on: January 17, 2006, 08:08:10 PM »

Article just posted on rollingstone.com, right there on the home page.

Look for your damn selves, I don't know how to post the link.
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:09:41 PM »

Axl Rose Breaks His Silence

Gn'R mastermind talks "Democracy" at L.A. party "People will hear music this year," says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy, arguably the most anticipated album in rock & roll history. "It's a very complex record," says Rose, a surprise guest at Korn's tour announcement bash. (Others in the house: Jessica Alba, cast members of The OC, and members of Linkin Park, Good Charlotte and the Used.) "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Dressed in a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, cross hanging around his neck, cornrows still intact and sporting a blonde goatee, Rose strolled into the party around 1 a.m., just as the DJ was coincidentally rocking some vintage Gn'R. Approached by a steady stream of women and hard-rock disciples -- including Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin and Papa Roach's Dave Buckner -- Rose is cordial and chatty as he poses for photo after photo. He seems more like an average guy out for a night with friends than the most mythical rock star on the planet in 2006.

And he maintains that that's exactly what he is. "The only time people ever write about me is when I go out to a strip club, because I don't chase the paparazzi down," he says. And, when he's out of the spotlight, Rose says you'll find him doing average-guy stuff: reading books and watching movies. His favorite book is Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly. "I was a little scared when I saw they were making it into a movie starring Keanu [Reeves]," he says. "But I guess if he can handle The Matrix, he can do this."

While Rose and his revolving cast of Gn'R bandmates have been working on Chinese Democracy, Papa Roach have achieved platinum status in their own right. But tonight, their drummer reverts to his teenage fan days, asking Rose for a picture and to guest on Papa Roach's next album. Rose strikes a pose and then graciously refers the fellow rocker to his management.

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

However, he hints that you could see the current incarnation of Gn'R back out on the road soon. "Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumored to be on there," he says. "But we'll see what happens."

One thing's for sure: Everyone will be watching.

STEVE BALTIN

Shoeboy
Headliner

Got my mojo workin'...

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »

Thanks GunnerDown Under.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 08:13:28 PM »

fuckin kool !

the one an only horsey !
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

This sounds more promising then anything else lately. I hope it's true this time! beer

WE ARE READY FOR YOU AXL!!!!! yes ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
badapple81
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 08:17:08 PM »

Wow, I hope to see GN'R at Rio. Although it I'm not sure that was a hint, perhaps the interviewer heard something in his tone.

Cool, we hadn't heard of the song title 'Better' before.

Very cool that he still speaks to Izzy and very complimentary comments on Slash.

Looks like two albums worth of material. He wouldn't finish tracks that were just demos and going to be scraped. I wonder what almost finished means, perhaps final mixing or mastering. Wonder if he will finish 27-32 before going on the road, perhaps ready for a 2nd album whilst out there.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 08:19:38 PM »

Is this true? Damn,  Axl talking again with Izzy thats fantastic!
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 08:23:51 PM »

the best part was what he said about slash and izzy. way better than any cd news

poop
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 08:25:12 PM »

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE WAIT IS OVER, BEAUTIFUL, IM GONNA CRY  crying peace

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 08:25:48 PM »

Thank you Mr. Rose.

Thank you so much.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 08:27:22 PM »

the best part was what he said about slash and izzy. way better than any cd news

Yes man I agree, by the way I liked the part... "CD a complex album" thats great... on the other hand, lets wait to listen to "Better" and "There was a time" hopefully we will get to hear "This I love"
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 08:28:03 PM »

Very nice to hear from the redhead, sounds like he's comfortable in his own skin these days. ok

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 08:28:56 PM »

holly shit!!!! Shocked
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 09:20:06 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 08:29:07 PM »

A new song title too. Also 13 songs on the album, good info.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 08:29:14 PM »

Sounds promising indeed. I'm also glad he's on speaking terms with Izzy, even if it does't mean any musical collaboration.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 08:29:29 PM »

Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

Ummm, I hope Blues is not one of the best tracks but TWAT has always been rumored to be awesome.

Axl did a great job sidestepping Papa Roach's absurd request to appear on their next album. LOL. Yeah, like he would do that.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
parisrocks
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 08:30:16 PM »

just to add, another article came up @ MTV.com.

It mentions a few more people who were there including Alkaline Trio, 10 Years, Black Eyed Peas, and their biggest fans, Avenged Sevenfold
badapple81
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 08:31:29 PM »

The other members currently are all finished doing their solo stuff haven't they? Richard said he was going back to record so I wonder if those last few tracks are currently being done ready for action this summer.

Axl sounds like he is really comfortable and relaxed to take his time, not too bothered what anyone thinks about it. Axl Falcon said, very comfortable in his own skin.

RichardNixon
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »

"People will hear music this year"

Could mean a soundtrack or a RIR gig. People heard music in 2002...Still no word on CD, still, nice to hear from him.
parisrocks
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 08:32:24 PM »

Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

Ummm, I hope Blues is not one of the best tracks but TWAT has always been rumored to be awesome.

Axl did a great job sidestepping Papa Roach's absurd request to appear on their next album. LOL. Yeah, like he would do that.

Yeah, they suck as much as Kid Rock and Axl turned him down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: