Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 77447 times)
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »

This is my first time, writing to any gn'r forum.Cause over the years to me all those news and gossips weren't worth discussing.But the main thing that struck me about this one is that he sounds like he is given up making a perfect record.I always believed that if anyone in the world could make a perfect album, that person would be axl rose.

Maybe we are reading too much into what a guy in a rock n' roll party said.But i'd like to think that's it's a planned thing.Cause he talked so politic.His words seemed to be chosen very carefully.He took a really great risk cause if nothing happens till thge end of 2006 i don't believe that anyone will believe what he says before the album comes to the music markets.He's not stupid, i know he is planning something to happen very soon.This wasn't just a check if the media still cares about him.

Anyway,  the blues is a great song and i can't wait to listen to the improved studio version of it.And all these years i knew a guy that wrote estranged, sweet child o' mine and november rain among other very poetic songs couldn't be as a jerk as the media and the old members tried to show him.İt was great to finally hear some normal stuff that showed he is a nice, normal (well, sometimes) guy.For the past 6 years i idolized and worshiped the guy and it's gonna be awesome to get high with new stuff,finally...

Axl:When did you see me overreact
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »

And all these years i knew a guy that wrote estranged, sweet child o' mine and november rain among other very poetic songs couldn't be as a jerk as the media and the old members tried to show him
- The media seems much more "cool" with Axl now that 15 years ago.
- The old members, especially Slash, said positive comments about Axl.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Deniz
Headliner

« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »

Didn't slash say something like he hates him and never forgived him for the contracts he made the others sign in behind the music:gn'r.İn all those kind of shows they put axl down.And didn't axl 's attorney or spokesman say something about slash and duff trying to show axl bad with this ridicilous cases they sue him for.  Just because axl says that he loves the guy doesn't mean that he really does.I'm telling you, it's all politics.After all those years, naturally, they cooled off.But the law suit is still going and i don't think they will be seen in the same room anytime soon

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2006, 12:32:54 PM »

he sounds like he is given up making a perfect record.
This sentence makes me think you've been reading my brilliant analysis of Axl's recent statements. hihi

Deniz
Headliner

« Reply #444 on: January 21, 2006, 12:44:23 PM »

he sounds like he is given up making a perfect record.
This sentence makes me think you've been reading my brilliant analysis of Axl's recent statements. hihi

Yes i did and it made perfect sense.Sorry for not giving you any credit there.After reading 22 pages i forgot it was someone else's masterpiece beer

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #445 on: January 21, 2006, 12:49:05 PM »

CD has got to happen this year, even Axl knows you cant stretch this thing out for much longer.

As far as making the perfect record, it'll never happen from Axl's point of view, maybe he finally realizes that. He is a perfectionist and how do you satisfy a perfectionist? It could be as near perfect of a record that has ever been made, but we'll have to see on that one.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 12:51:10 PM by GnRFL » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »

mmm there is no such thing as perfection in this world...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2006, 01:04:15 PM »

That's so. It's good to learn that nothing in the world is perfect.  and nobody is. even me.... Tongue

Can anyone post a quote where he says he's making a PERFECT record or he's a PERFECTIONIST himself. I seem to forget.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2006, 01:07:09 PM »

Well, there hasnt been a statement where he has issued that he is making  "The Perfect album", but when a guy takes such a long time to do something, it leads  to think that this person is pushing hard to reach perfection, or at least something that this person is happy with.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »

That's so. It's good to learn that nothing in the world is perfect.? and nobody is. even me.... Tongue

Can anyone post a quote where he says he's making a PERFECT record or he's a PERFECTIONIST himself. I seem to forget.
I'm too tired to go digging up quotes, but there is an article out there where Axl tells someone that he wants to make the greatest album ever made. But its not like he said it all the time.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2006, 03:55:50 PM »

he wants to make the greatest album ever made

What band wouldn't want to make the greatest album ever made?

You don't set out to make a mediocre record.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2006, 04:44:31 PM »

Some do... hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2006, 06:24:24 PM »

Some do... hihi

bands like "simple plan" are a good example of this.

html sucks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2006, 06:55:26 PM »

no band wants to make a crappy album, they try their best and have confidence in their material... How good something is and how the public takes it is two different thing,..s
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #454 on: January 23, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »

That's so. It's good to learn that nothing in the world is perfect.? and nobody is. even me.... Tongue

i think the perfection stuff comes mostly from other people and not axl...  producers and people that were around earlier....     

i think tommy mentioned axl?s perfectionism once...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #455 on: January 23, 2006, 01:01:35 PM »

People have to realize that the thing Axl and the band is doing, needs to be done right.. They have a huge pressure on theyr sholders..
They need to make it good. And i guess thats the part of the plan...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #456 on: January 23, 2006, 01:07:06 PM »

I would like to know what is the pressure the band has...

Cause they have all the time they want, all the money to invest (or waste), all the equipments,  everything and certainly Axl doesn't seem to care what people or critics will say about C.D.... So I dont see too much pressure there.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #457 on: January 23, 2006, 01:12:50 PM »

I would like to know what is the pressure the band has...

Cause they have all the time they want, all the money to invest (or waste), all the equipments,? everything and certainly Axl doesn't seem to care what people or critics will say about C.D.... So I dont see too much pressure there.

i think there's quite a bit of preasure from sanctuary and universal. even tho it may look like axl doesn't give a flyin' fuck i think he feels the preasure. Hell they even put out a GH without the bands green light, and they threaten to do it again, a year after the first one....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #458 on: January 23, 2006, 01:21:30 PM »

we're not sure if there was a threat on the second one.

That's so. It's good to learn that nothing in the world is perfect.  and nobody is. even me.... Tongue

i think the perfection stuff comes mostly from other people and not axl...  producers and people that were around earlier....     

i think tommy mentioned axl?s perfectionism once...

That's what I thought warose. 

So, mates he hasn't described the album as perfect or himself as a perfectionist.

The greatest album ever made is a bit different from a perfect album, as there is no such thing as perfection in this world. Every music fan has their own greatest ever, or even the most perfect album ever, knowing it's not the absolute. Like cafcnickdugay and mike said,  it's rather natural for an artist to aim to create the bestever shit. They'd push hard to make the work as perfect as possible, or at least in their eyes. So does Axl and I don't see him giving up this spirit.

He may be an ambitious musician and demand a lot of himself and his band. But it is questionable if he believes in the pie in the sky called the perfection. as He knows nothing last forever. 
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #459 on: January 23, 2006, 01:24:53 PM »

There is a big difference between taking time to make an album right, and taking a decade to make an album right. If it takes that long to put out a good album, then something is either wrong Axl's confidence in the band or in himself.

There has to be a point where it just isn't going to get any better, and I would have to think that date past with the Clinton Administration (maybe he is holding out for '08).

And as far as "Axl having to do this right" because of the huge pressure on him and the band.... That is a load of crap, He put that pressure on himself by taking the better part of a decade to make this album and by putting the band in the position of having to fill the shoes of the former members of Guns N' Roses.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: