Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:48:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NASCAR NEXTEL CUP 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NASCAR NEXTEL CUP 2006  (Read 34492 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« on: January 21, 2006, 01:14:56 AM »

Hmmm... wondering how many NASCAR fans are here, besides Malcolm.  Everyone likes F1 here.  1 month left!  By the way, Earnhardt Jr wins the 500, makes the Chase, and wins it.  I predict Roush won't have such a good year.  Edwards will have his sophomore jinx, Martin has run out of gas, McMurray....ehhh,what about him.  Biffle will cool down, Kenseth lost some key team members.  Hendrick will be this years Roush, unless Busch has his jinx.  Oh yeah, going to Fontana, good times will ensue ok
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 08:27:16 AM »

Hello Garry! I enjoy watching NASCAR. I love restricer plate racing the most. I always watch the Talladega and Daytona races. I'm a Dale Jr. fan aswell. So cheers to him having a great year! beer

A bit of off track news for Dale Jr.:

Earnhardt Jr. ready for radio

By Associated Press
January 19, 2006

CHARLOTTE ? NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. will be branching out this year, adding a weekly show on XM Satellite Radio to his already busy racing and personal appearance schedule.

"I love racing and I love XM, so I definitely couldn't pass up on an opportunity to combine the two," Earnhardt said Thursday. "It's a perfect fit."

The show on XM's NASCAR Radio, channel 144, will debut next month. The third-generation stock car driver will discuss the latest events on the NASCAR circuit, as well as music, video games and other personal interests.

"Listeners to my new show on XM will get a real sense of who I am both on and off the track," Earnhardt said. "Thanks to XM, I'll have a national weekly radio show that allows me to speak my mind, play my music and, most important, keep in touch with NASCAR fans."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AmgDUWwlfbZVjaD8Y21Y8ijov7YF?slug=ap-juniorxm011906&prov=ap&type=lgns

I just need to get XM Rdio now.  hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 03:37:27 PM »

plate races are the best in my opinion too.  its such good racing, passing for the lead every lap, and THE BIG ONE can take out 30 cars.  Lookin forward to hear jr on the radio.  haha, good luck with getting xm.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 10:03:26 AM »

Earnhardt Jr all the way

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 09:44:35 PM »

Damn, Toyota is coming in next year!  they're gonna use the camry.  DAMN!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 07:44:06 PM »

Damn, Toyota is coming in next year!  they're gonna use the camry.  DAMN!

And Honda in 2008.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 11:19:17 PM »

Nascar, the "sport" of sitting down in a car for three hours, moving only your feet and hands. Nascar, the "sport" where the goal is to waste an extremely important natural resource while going in a circle. Nascar, the "sport" where racists with an elementary school education can get sloshed and teach their kids about why their skin color makes them better than other people. Nascar, the "sport" where the ultimate ideal is Jesus driving fast, holding a beer and a shotgun. Nascar, the "sport" where kids are taught that shooting living creatures is just plain fun.

Come on, I'm waiting! Call me a hypocrit! Tell me I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about! Tell me I'm an asshole! Tell me you are not a beer-drinking hunting racist! I know you can because it's true, you're not racist, but most Na

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 08:47:53 AM »

Here's the new Toyota Camry NASCAR addition.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 08:55:49 AM »

Jr.: I expect to drive the 3

By Marty Smith, NASCAR.COM
January 27, 2006
11:02 AM EST (16:02 GMT)

Dale Earnhardt Jr. wants to drive the No. 3 Chevrolet for Richard Childress. Expects to, even.

It has been discussed.

"I really think that'll happen," Earnhardt said, leaned back easily in a folding chair on the JR Motorsports shop floor. "I've informally talked to Richard, just so he knew I wanted to do that."

Easy, Junior Nation, easy... Before you run off and make the 6.7 commercial reality -- "HE CHANGED HIS NUMBERRRR!!" -- relax. Take a deep breath. It'll be a while.

"I'll drive the No. 3 car toward the end of my career if I've done what I wanted to do at DEI, and that's win championships and win races," Earnhardt said. "And I'll stick around as long as it takes to do it."

Earnhardt's devotion to Dale Earnhardt, Inc. has never been stronger. The want to see his father's vision through to fruition has fostered a new, sharper focus.

That wasn't the case six months ago.

A tumultuous 2005 season ignited a firestorm of speculation about Earnhardt's commitment to DEI. Word was he wanted out, was seeking the quickest avenue to a new racing home.

But a reunion with Tony Eury Jr., and the renewed mutual respect a year apart forged, along with Martin Truex Jr.'s elevation to the Nextel Cup Series, has reinvigorated the entire company - and Earnhardt's belief therein.

"There's been a lot of gray areas at DEI for four or five years. We've made some mistakes, so there's a lot of questions on a lot of people's minds about the future," he said. "But some things, fortunately, have happened in the last year that are putting us in position to make it right.

"What if Tony Jr. didn't want me back? What if Martin was still a year away? It'd be another awful year. But it's clicking. It feels like the gears are all meshing again.

"We have the opportunity to have harmony throughout the entire business side, and as a company become the icon we once were."

If and when that happens, if and when DEI becomes self-sufficient and no longer requires Junior's presence for perceived legitimacy, if and when Junior hoists the Nextel Cup under the DEI banner, he'll park the 8 and head to RCR to write the final chapter of his father's legacy.

For many that is necessary. For some members of the Earnhardt family, and for many of Dale Earnhardt's lifelong friends inside racing and out, closure won't come until the 3 screams down the superstretch at Daytona.

With Junior at the wheel.

But this isn't about Junior. It's not about the fans. It's not about NASCAR marketing hoopla.

It's about the passion with which Dale Earnhardt and his boys competed. It's about racing - hell-bent, pedal to the mat racing.

"It'd be good for guys like Will Lynn, guys that spent a lot of time with my Dad in his racing career," Junior said. "If I ever drove the 3, it'd have nothing to do with my personal feelings. It'd be all racing.

"It'd be all about going out on the track with the 3, with an Earnhardt behind the wheel, putting a smile on Chocolate (Myers') face and Richard's face and those guys he spent so much time with for so many years.

"It's not necessarily for anyone. If the fans like it, they like it. If they don't agree with it, they don't agree with it. That's fine. It's between me and Richard."

He'd gladly leave the particulars to Childress.

"They could do it however they saw best," Junior said. "If they want to paint it black, they can paint it black. If they don't, I don't care. I don't feel it's my decision. It'd just like to do it because I'd like to drive for Richard. He's been so good to me.

"People tend to twist that around and think I want to (leave DEI) tomorrow. I have a commitment -- not legally as much as mentally -- to do what I can to make DEI as good as it can possibly be.

"But Richard knows I'd like to do it, and he seems pretty open to it. We'd like to do it together."

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/opinion/01/26/dearnhardtjr_three/index.html

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 10:36:34 AM »

Thats cool..I think he does need to win a championship before that though

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 02:19:47 PM »

The front grille is totally ripped off from the monte carlo, and the back and the windows are totally charger.  Geez, be original at least.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 01:25:29 AM »

We've got the Bud Shootout and Qualifying this weekend, who do you guys like? 
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 07:23:29 PM »

Excellent Bud Shootout race on Sunday.  If there was only one lap left, Jr. would have taken it.  We've got the Gatorade Duels tomorrow, might skip school to watch them.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 02:22:32 PM »

Im taking Jr for the win today

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »

Awwww, one of my most despised drivers, Jimmie Johnson won.  Malcolm, did you notice how NO ONE worked with Junior?  If he had a few guys helping, that would have been HIM in Gatorade Victory Lane.
Goldie
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 09:13:22 PM »

Why didn't anyone work with Jr??? I don't understand! Huh
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 09:19:17 PM »

I would think because they know hes one of the best and If i remember hearing correctly he was one of the only ones without a teammate out there

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 09:56:38 PM »

Truex just could never get up there to help, and both of their set-ups were made for hot, slick conditions.  Wasn't that mist the cat's pajamas?  At one point, I couldn't even see the cars.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »

Truex just could never get up there to help, and both of their set-ups were made for hot, slick conditions.  Wasn't that mist the cat's pajamas?  At one point, I couldn't even see the cars.

Yeah the low clouds and mist kinda ruined the viewing. Did you hear that this years race was the highest rated NASCAR race ever? More viewers tuned in to this race than any other race ever.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 08:15:50 PM »

Yeah, isn't that something?!  I can't wait until Sunday, I'm going to California Speedway!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: