Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Jane's Addiction
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jane's Addiction  (Read 46596 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »

A short interview with Dave Navarro before the LAYN event where his gives advise to upcoming artists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_uu9l85c0

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 02:29:19 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2010, 01:33:21 PM »

JANE'S ADDICTION Heads Into Studio - Jan. 19, 2010

According to The Pulse of Radio, the original lineup of JANE'S ADDICTION headed into the studio on Monday (January 18) to begin writing new material, although it's too early to say whether this will result in the band recording its fourth full-length studio album. According to Stereokill.net, singer Perry Farrell revealed the news by responding to a fan's question about whether the group would write new songs at the band's Facebook page, writing, "Monday we get together to write new music and craft a future."

This is the second time since reuniting in the fall of 2008 that JANE'S ADDICTION has attempted to begin work on a new project. The band entered a studio last spring, but Farrell told The Pulse of Radio that it didn't work out too well that time. "You know, I'll be honest with you," he said. "We started to record and things got kind of ugly (laughs). You know, it's one of those things where the headbutting really came out when we tried to write and people were like, 'Well, I don't like that . . . ' But you know what? I'm very patient, because it's only been, what, 18 years, so I can't expect things overnight to be perfect."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133693

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2010, 03:42:05 PM »

Brilliant news!!!!

Im so glad they are giving it another go.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2010, 07:38:46 AM »

fuck

quote from Erics twitter.

ericavery

fyi, to answer the question directly, i am not writing with janes addiction.

sucks

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »

From Perry Farrell:

David, Stephen, and I with new writing partner, went into the garage. Felt like old days, except no cassette recorder. Crafting w/Protools.

We are working on getting Jane's to S. America my friends. In discussion now w/ promoters

We have a different lineup than Coachella it is true. It won't be revealed for a while remember; we are in August.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2010, 07:53:25 PM »

fuck. sorry, as much as i enjoyed the third album. if Janes do new material, i want original line up!

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »

Saw this over at www.gnrevolution.com

http://xiola.org/

wow, so it's been an active 3 days or so. duff mckagan might be the mysterious writing partner/bassist, that perry spoke about. Jane's Addiction got together in perry farrell's garage on monday without eric avery, but with a new writing partner. we assumed the writing partner would also be a bassist to fill in where eric is leaving.

if yr not familiar with duff mckagan, he was the original bassist for guns n roses. i personally haven't kept up with him beyond that, but i've always thought he was a great bassist and his song writing is also decent for rock/punk genres. i personally like duff, he seems like a nice guy and he just may be a good fit with dave and stephen's metal/rock roots. so i'm not completely opposed to this.

here's what i am opposed to: calling it jane's addiction. i realize jane's addiction carries more weight than any band the 3 core members have ever been in and it will definitely bring in the cash. the truth is though, with duff on board, this is gonna be even more rock sounding than strays was and maybe that's the point. i realize bob ezrin was brought in to make jane's addiction rock. what seperated jane's addiction from guns n roses, motely crue, bon jovi, was the fact that there was a softer artistic, feminine touch. perry's and eric's influences merged with dave and stephen's influences made the band unique.

so go ahead abandon yr roots, abandon the very thing that made jane's addiction a once mighty band. rock yr arse off, but drop jane's addiction off and resist relying on nostalgia to sell tickets and downloads. do the right thing by all of yr loyal fans and stop raping the jane's addiction name.

but then again, does it matter? perry farrell's twitter: "I have to remember: Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter." my suggestion, stop quoting drivel and write something brilliant, or none of it's gonna matter.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2010, 11:20:55 AM »

guns n roses are on a completely different page to motley crue
motley crue are on a completely different page to bon jovi.

To be fair, Duff is probably the better pick of a songwriter, gnr n janes came out together in the late 80s, and they rehersed next door to each other, and all knew each other.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2010, 01:02:48 PM »

To be fair, Duff is probably the better pick of a songwriter, gnr n janes came out together in the late 80s, and they rehersed next door to each other, and all knew each other.
Yeah I don't think the guy is making a very fair comparison between GNR and other 80's bands.  Doesn't seem that he's too well versed in Guns N' Roses.  I think Duff would be a fine choice for them.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »

Yeah I don't think the guy is making a very fair comparison between GNR and other 80's bands.  Doesn't seem that he's too well versed in Guns N' Roses.  I think Duff would be a fine choice for them.
i can understand his anger at the guys for again, fuckin Eric over, i wanted a true Janes Addiction album this time around.

But its hardly the guy they picks fault.

And plus, he says Janes were softer than Bon Jovi? The fuck!?!

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »

From Perry Farrell:

This year we have a stack of music for release. One of the tracks is Underground. Look for it to drop in the fall.

about 16 hours ago from web

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2010, 11:49:33 AM »

Smashing Pumpkins to tour with Jane?s Addiction?

According to Mike Gentile, general manager at the First Niagara Pavilion, tours that may be headed to town include those featuring Maroon Five, Iron Maiden, the Jonas Brothers and a double bill with Smashing Pumpkins and Jane's Addiction.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/music/s_666225.html

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »

id go see that if they came to the UK.

Janes rule, loved them with NIN.

And Smashing Pumpkins are a misunderstood, and under-rated band.

html sucks
makane
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »

I don't think so. They definitely had their day, and to be honest they've done nothing recently to be praised for.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2010, 01:32:50 AM »

Saw this over at www.gnrevolution.com

http://xiola.org/

wow, so it's been an active 3 days or so. duff mckagan might be the mysterious writing partner/bassist, that perry spoke about. Jane's Addiction got together in perry farrell's garage on monday without eric avery, but with a new writing partner. we assumed the writing partner would also be a bassist to fill in where eric is leaving.

if yr not familiar with duff mckagan, he was the original bassist for guns n roses. i personally haven't kept up with him beyond that, but i've always thought he was a great bassist and his song writing is also decent for rock/punk genres. i personally like duff, he seems like a nice guy and he just may be a good fit with dave and stephen's metal/rock roots. so i'm not completely opposed to this.

here's what i am opposed to: calling it jane's addiction. i realize jane's addiction carries more weight than any band the 3 core members have ever been in and it will definitely bring in the cash. the truth is though, with duff on board, this is gonna be even more rock sounding than strays was and maybe that's the point. i realize bob ezrin was brought in to make jane's addiction rock. what seperated jane's addiction from guns n roses, motely crue, bon jovi, was the fact that there was a softer artistic, feminine touch. perry's and eric's influences merged with dave and stephen's influences made the band unique.

so go ahead abandon yr roots, abandon the very thing that made jane's addiction a once mighty band. rock yr arse off, but drop jane's addiction off and resist relying on nostalgia to sell tickets and downloads. do the right thing by all of yr loyal fans and stop raping the jane's addiction name.

but then again, does it matter? perry farrell's twitter: "I have to remember: Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter." my suggestion, stop quoting drivel and write something brilliant, or none of it's gonna matter.

Im really fucking excited about this!
if there's anyone that could fill the void of Eric Avery, it would be Duff or Flea.
Im speaking in terms of groove and creativity, here....this could be huge! not expecting Duff to stay in JA and tour with them (though it would be fucking awesome if he did), but I hope he writes and records their entire next album with them. I think that would be really huge for both JA and Duff.

gigantic fan of both of them!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2010, 08:18:55 AM »

I don't think so. They definitely had their day, and to be honest they've done nothing recently to be praised for.
Sure, they are of the time. But their peak material is great stuff!

i could say the same about NIN! Havent liked anything theyve done since With Teeth-uh.

html sucks
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2010, 08:39:50 AM »

Can't get into them for some reason

Oh My God i cant deny this...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2010, 05:04:27 PM »

It's official, Eric Avery has quit Jane's Addiction.

thats it. with equal parts regret and relief, the janes addiction experiment is at an end.

about 10 hours ago via TweetDeck

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2010, 04:31:40 PM »

Here is Dave Navarro's Peta Ad, poster and video at the link:

Rocker Dave Navarro Bares It All for Animals

Dave Navarro rocks. Whether he's touring with Jane's Addiction, hosting his radio show Dark Matter, or posing nude for PETA, he does it with the style and intensity fitting of a rock star. Dave's latest gig is helping animals by baring it all in an ad for PETA's "Ink, Not Mink" series. Helping animals has never looked so good!

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2949

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »

Im trying to give a second opportunity to this band, and im listening to their greatest hits "Up from the Catacombs", i love the sounds, they-re really modern and cool, however im still not catching the frontman's voice.... Its quite irritating to be honest, just the way sings and his voice  no Its a shame though cause i really love the guitars, drums and bass. Its so sad when the only thing u dont like is the vocals on a band.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: