Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:22:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Jane's Addiction
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jane's Addiction  (Read 46594 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2010, 04:49:55 PM »

Im trying to give a second opportunity to this band, and im listening to their greatest hits "Up from the Catacombs", i love the sounds, they-re really modern and cool, however im still not catching the frontman's voice.... Its quite irritating to be honest, just the way sings and his voice  no Its a shame though cause i really love the guitars, drums and bass. Its so sad when the only thing u dont like is the vocals on a band.

Don't plan on seeing them live at all....
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »

Im trying to give a second opportunity to this band, and im listening to their greatest hits "Up from the Catacombs", i love the sounds, they-re really modern and cool, however im still not catching the frontman's voice.... Its quite irritating to be honest, just the way sings and his voice  no Its a shame though cause i really love the guitars, drums and bass. Its so sad when the only thing u dont like is the vocals on a band.

Its hard to know that Axl totally loves this band, and i cant stand their frontman's voice, but then again, we cant all like the same bands right?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »

Its hard to know that Axl totally loves this band, and i cant stand their frontman's voice, but then again, we cant all like the same bands right?

...my point was that they just broke up.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2010, 09:41:26 AM »

yeah, i know that too, i wouldn't bother to see them live anyways, i dont thinks its worth it. I bailed out on more important bands anyway... like Metallica.

Already saw them live anyways lol

Iv seen Metallica, AC/DC, Korn and Slipknot live, only GNR missing and ill probably go see Motorhead in May

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2010, 06:32:26 PM »

OK, I'm not really into J'sA but this is what I can bring you...

I'm from Uruguay and what you see below is the first poster that came out announcing GnR, saying that Jane's would be the opening act. Now rumor says that Axl said no to that cos Duff would be coming with them. I have no idea what the deal is but the poster is not a fake, it was also on the streets, and people commented on it a lot here.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2010, 06:48:02 PM »

If it were true. i would imagine it being quite a special gig. I hope Axl can put his differences towards Duff aside. But i can understand how it would be awkward also.

html sucks
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2010, 06:53:17 PM »

Is hard to tell... and btw "Democracy" is misspelled! Some quality poster Undecided  Grin
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »

First Jane's Addiction Live DVD - Blu Ray finally released in August 2010

Filmed on Halloween night 2009 at Voodoo Experience in New Orleans

June 8, 2010

Eagle Rock Entertainment are proud to announce the simultaneous release on 30 August 2010 of the ?Live Voodoo? DVD and Blu-ray from Jane?s Addiction [Cat No EREDV802 and ERBRD5060 respectively]. These are the first ever Jane?s Addiction live visual releases and ?Live Voodoo? includes classic tracks such as "Been Caught Stealing", "Jane Says", "Ocean Size", "Stop!", "Mountain Song", "Three Days" and many more.

Filmed live on Halloween night 2009 at Voodoo Experience in New Orleans, Live Voodoo sees the reunion of the classic Jane's Addiction line-up of Perry Farrell (vocals), Stephen Perkins (drums), Eric Avery (bass) and Dave Navarro (guitar). This spectacular show captures the band on top form with Perry Farrell at his most mesmerizing and the rest of the band clearly enjoying the occasion. The tracklisting is predominantly drawn from their first two albums, which both featured this line-up, and the band are joined on stage by twin girl dancers, whilst the show climaxes with a joyous all singing and dancing stage invasion.

*TRACKLISTING*

1) Up The Beach 2) Mountain Song 3) Ain?t No Right 4) Three Days 5) Whores 6) Then She Did? 7) Been Caught Stealing Cool Ocean Size 9) Ted, Just Admit It 10) Summertime Rolls 11) Stop! 12) Jane Says 13) Chip Away

Bolstered by the Bonus Features which include two extra tracks recorded in LA in 2008; ?1%? and ?Ocean Size? plus an NME featurette and a Photo Gallery, ?Live Voodoo? captures one of the greatest ever live bands at the height of their powers.

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/118831-first-janes-addiction-live-dvd-blu-ray-finally-released-in-august-2010-a.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »

Sex & Love: Penthouse Magazine

by DAVE NAVARRO on JUNE 27, 2010

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that my Sex & Love column had found a home. Thanks to you guys and your trust in me (albeit with a grain of salt), Sex & Love will be appearing in Penthouse Magazine starting in October. It has been years since I have been a contributor to a monthly magazine? I used to write film reviews for Bikini magazine with my cousin Johnny. Anyway, my Penthouse Q&A column will consist mainly of answers to the questions I get here on 6767, so I would love and appreciate another batch of questions from you guys for the November issue. Some answers to the June 2nd post will appear in October. Of course, my responses are meant only as suggestions? I am not a licensed therapist or anything, at least, not yet! This is Sex & Love advice from a guy who has seen both failure and success in the relationship department? A little jaded, a little disillusioned, a little sarcastic yet very honest. Answers may be sincere, absurd, comical and sometimes flat out wrong. You?ll have to consider the source I suppose! Thank you in advance for your participation.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2010, 01:40:37 PM »

Jane's Addiction "Jane Says" on Guitar Center Sessions

An exclusive clip of Jane's Addiction's performance of "Jane Says" from Guitar Center Sessions on DIRECTV. See an all new episode on September 25th at 9pm ET/PT on DIRECTV channel 101 and in 3D on DIRECTV channel n|3D. Get a free MP3 download of this song by visiting www.guitarcenter.com/sessions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPsorSm1PpQ

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2010, 03:33:20 PM »

Dave Navarro Speaks Out on his new Epiphone Signature Guitar, Janes Addiction, and Bullying

Published: October 12, 2010

Rick: I checked out your note on bullying and diversity at your website. It seems you take the Declaration of Independence?s phrase about people?s right to ?the pursuit of happiness? literally and I commend you for that.

Dave: Thank you. It?s absolutely true. To be honest with you, my feeling is this. I don?t personally give a fuck what makes people happy as long as they?re not hurting anybody else. That?s the bottom line. And you?ve got political and religious rights telling people how to live their lives and you?ve got certain aspects or certain divisions of the church trying to cram their voice down everybody?s throats.

At the end of the day, if you don?t hurt anybody and you?re happy who gives a fuck? And if you think I?m going to hell because of my lifestyle, that?s my problem. What do you care if I go to Hell? Doesn?t that give more room for you? Obviously, the suicides of late have been a huge hot bed of discussion, and an emotionally fueled one, and I just wanted to back humanity, in a way, because what I wrote there is applicable to all about all people, regardless of what they?re into.

Like I said, I, don?t know what it?s like to be a bullied teen that lives a gay life, but I certainly live a sexual alternative lifestyle myself, so I don?t want anyone telling me how to live that, and I can identify with you.

Rick: What?s Camp Freddy up to lately? Are you still together?

Dave: Yeah, we played last Saturday. I used this very guitar, this new Signature Epiphone. We did an acoustic show to raise money for Wonderland Elementary School. We raised money for them so they could have their programs and tools. So they could become creative human beings. It was a lot of fun, yeah, we?re playing all the time.

Rick: Jane?s Addiction looks like it?s still running hot. How do you keep the high energy going?

Dave: You know that energy happens when the audience files in. Its? one thing to be in a rehearsal space, with I guess your second family for long periods of time. But, I would commend the audience for bringing the energy to us. I thank them for it.

http://guitarinternational.com/wpmu/2010/10/12/dave-navarro-speaks-out-on-his-new-epiphone-signature-guitar-janes-addiction-and-bullying/

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2010, 05:39:06 PM »

Saw them a couple of years ago with NIN... Navarro is awesome on stage!!! I hated Perry Farell though  Tongue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »

Jane's Addiction played last night at an event for Tony Hawk -- without Duff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W9BRp6wvW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJvC8VZ_uew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysPGPY0Y2WU

http://lawomanphotography.blogspot.com/2010/10/tony-hawk-foundation-stand-up-for.html

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2010, 04:01:28 PM »

Jane's Addiction played last night at an event for Tony Hawk -- without Duff.

Former JA bassist Chris Chaney filled in, look for him to probably be there moving forward.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2010, 12:29:35 AM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147968&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29&utm_content=Twitter

Episode 325 of the "Talking Metal" podcast (web site) features an interview with JANE'S ADDICTION/ex-RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist Dave Navarro. During the chat Dave talked about his love for IRON MAIDEN and how their influence "helped shape the sound of JANE'S ADDICTION." He also revealed that he is currently in the studio with producer Rich Costey (MUSE, FRANZ FERDINAND) working on the new JANE'S ADDICTION album which will include songs co-written by ex-bassist Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES).

Regarding the rumor that he almost joined GUNS N' ROSES, Navarro stated, "When Izzy [Stradlin] left the band, Axl [Rose] called me to be a member of GUNS. There are a number of reasons that it didn't work out. If I could pick one, it would be my own heroin addiction. We have always had a great respect for one another."

The podcast can be streamed using the audio player below (Note: The Navarro interview begins 17 minutes into the episode.)

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »

An interview with Dave Navarro from the Tony Hawk Foundation fundraiser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6Wt4Xg7FA

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2010, 12:40:54 PM »

Dave Navarro has joined Slash in supporting the NOH8 campaign.

I am honored and proud to be a part of the @NOH8Campaign #NOH8 http://yfrog.com/0nt0ppj

His photo:

http://yfrog.com/0nt0ppj

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »

Dave Navarro's Peta ad has been nominated for Peta2's Libby Award:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MNVa-UpHqQ

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »

Perry Farrell Bringing Lollapalooza to Chile in 2011

Perry Farrell is taking Lollapalooza back on the road, but it won't be like its old touring incarnation. The alt-rock carnival, which will also celebrate its 20th anniversary in the summer of 2011, is heading to over Santiago, Chile's O'Higgins Park on April 2-3 for an event dubbed Lollapalooza Chile.

"The people of Santiago have a passion for contemporary music and lead international lifestyles," Farrell said, describing the Chilean mecca as "perfect" in a statement. "There are a series of prerequisites when selecting a destination. Number one is space. It must be open and lovely; scalable up to 100,000 patrons. Second is the proximity to the city. We provide the entertainment. The city provides the culture, hotels, restaurants and clubs. Then, most important are the people."

http://www.spinner.com/2010/11/19/lollapalooza-chile-perry-farrell/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »

TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek to Play on New Jane's Addiction Album

Jan 3rd 2011

Jane's Addiction began work last year on their first new studio album since 2003's 'Strays,' with Duff McKagan of Velvet Revolver and Guns 'N' Roses, playing bass. McKagan split from the band during the recording process citing "creative differences," though McKagan recently wrote in his Seattle Weekly column that the reason he left the band was to concentrate on his many other projects, including Velvet Revolver, writing a book, and starting a new business. Well, Jane's have found an equally busy and well-known musician, though one from a different school and coast of music than McKagan, to fill in on bass for the album.

The Jane's camp has confirmed exclusively to Spinner that TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek -- also known for his production work with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Massive Attack, and the Foals, and 2010's Maximum Balloon project -- will be playing bass and writing on the untitled new Jane's album, due this summer.

Sitek, along with producer Rich Costey (Franz Ferdinand, Muse), will be part of the creative team for the as-yet untitled album. However, given the demands on Sitek's time with all his other projects, it seems likely he will be part of the group for the album only. And when Jane's brought in 2011 with two shows in Aspen, Colo. this past weekend, Chris Chaney -- who played bass on 'Strays' -- was back in the fold.

There's little info yet on the new album, with Perry Farrell saying in a press release, "Dave [Navarro], Steve [Perkins] and I are fully immersed in the process of making modern music. It has been a great experience thus far, and the results have so much potential."

http://www.spinner.com/2011/01/03/tv-on-the-radios-dave-sitek-to-play-on-new-janes-addiction-alb/

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: