Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:08:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I'd REALLY like to see an instrumental song on Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'd REALLY like to see an instrumental song on Chinese Democracy  (Read 7787 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 01:22:47 PM »

The only one who should release anything just instrumentally, is Slash. The dude could have reached something much greater then where is now. Like Hendrix before him who worked on a Blues album that is mostly Jimi just jamming and being cooler then shit with little vocals at all on there.

Slash is a really great guitarist. Jimi Hendrix is a guitar god. Slash could have been much much more.

Chinese D should just be a great fucking album first and foremost. The band can as easily display there talent like Appetite before it, with no instrumentals. Leave the instrumental for this band for the live performances.

i agree 100%.   and slash just jamming is way better than slash playing some minor riffs and no solos with scott weiland on top.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 03:47:47 PM »

while I respect your opinion I disagree about "the only one" bit.
and no need to bring up a musician who's not on CD.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 07:21:39 PM »

I would love to hear an instrumental from the original band, and in that times (80's) it would be good...
Now, nah !!!... it would sound as buckethead stuff or something... i would hate it.

//JK
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 07:59:35 PM »

I can see by the responses to the question I proposed that many of you are just simply Axl Rose fans, and not so much fans of the new band.  It's funny, I remember a few months ago I made a "Would you care about this band if it wasn't called Guns N' Roses?" thread, and I was surprised at that time that many people said "no."  But now, I'm not really that surprised. 

I see some of the points you guys are making.  They can show off their talents in just a regular song.  But I thought that an instrumental would be something different...

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »

whale & wasp on jar of flies by Alice in Chains is an incredible instrumental...that being said, i dont care for instrumentals and they shouldn't be on CD. This album is about Axl. Its not about Dizzy, Tommy, Brain, Richard, Robin, Chris, or Beta. Its about Axl, and he should be in every song.

poop
Karma_Police
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 11:11:39 PM »

No vocals from Axl, just the band showing that they are worthy of being in a band called Guns N' Roses.? We already know how good the band is, but for those who doubt or don't even know anything about the new Guns, I think an instrumental song that shows off these guys' talents would kick ass.? Your thoughts?

Maybe as a hidden track at the end of the album. My personal feeling is  I like instruemental albums but a song plopped in on Chinese Democracy without Axl would then be a band of guys playng songs under the Gn'R name without a single original member contributeing. Seems weird to me.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 05:09:02 AM »

I think we'll see instrumental passages and given Tommy has spoken of interludes, I think it's safe to assume there'll be some intersting musical movements to enjoy

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 03:23:48 PM »

I can see by the responses to the question I proposed that many of you are just simply Axl Rose fans, and not so much fans of the new band.  It's funny, I remember a few months ago I made a "Would you care about this band if it wasn't called Guns N' Roses?" thread, and I was surprised at that time that many people said "no."  But now, I'm not really that surprised. 

I see some of the points you guys are making.  They can show off their talents in just a regular song.  But I thought that an instrumental would be something different...

well   i`m an axl fan, but i actually care about the new band a lot. but that doesn?t make me feel the need to listen to instrumentals on CD. i didn`t say i don`t want them to release instumentals, but i don`t want them ro release instrumentals on CHINESE DEMOCRACY since it`s the first new studio album (better: will might be)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 10:33:11 PM »

i don't want any instrumentals....i only want songs with vocals
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: