Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:08:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 204923 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2006, 02:45:18 PM »

At least Axl lets these guys write stuff.

Richard said recently in an email that none of his ideas are on anything he's heard.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »

Then, why doesn't he call it Axl and the Jobbers, like neemo suggested?

I'm not trying to suggest that the rest of the band has no musical input in the album-when i say it's his project, i mean that he is the one who assumes all the risk and reputation regarding it-therefore, he is control of how the final product is made. I think the quote you gave from the RS article actually proves that-he's the one steering it to what it should be like. Well, who's the guy utlimately determining what it should be like like? Axl! He's the Captain of the ship, so to speak,which means he ultimately will chart the course. All the shipmates can do is take shore leave until he says it's time to come back.

See. Here we're discussing whether this is a band or a one-man band at Axl's leisure.

Dizzy's answers are almost as vague as Axl's.

How vague were Axl's answers, really? I guess there's some ambiguity as to what 'people will hear new music this year' and 'we'll see what happens' in terms of touring mean-but other than that, he gave a pretty darn specific update as to what was going on with the project (32 tracks selected working on 26, first release will have 13 tracks-he even threw out titles). Did he say, yeah it'll be out in October or something to that effect? No. But what he said was more than anything we've heard in a long while.
Are we sure that there will be13 tracks on CD? Does the article say so?
Actually he said they are working on 32 songs and not on 26 songs.
I don't think Dizzy's much vaguer than Axl's.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 02:53:07 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2006, 02:59:23 PM »

All you guys are doing is shouting at each other. We're not even really discussing anything anymore.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2006, 03:05:41 PM »

Are we sure that there will be13 tracks on CD? Does the article say so?
Actually he said they are working on 32 songs and not on 26 songs.
I don't think Dizzy's much vaguer than Axl's.

My mistake on the inverting the track quote. But when the article says Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. I take that to mean CD, which is what the writer is primarily talking about at the beginning of the article. He's paraphrasing. I guess you could take 'final album' to mean the second release, but that doesn't seem to fit the context of the article. Unfortunately, we have no transcript of the whole conversation. But Dizzy seems not to know anything regarding where the project stands where Axl at least said something about it's progession (and i use that word with caution).

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2006, 03:11:34 PM »

All you guys are doing is shouting at each other. We're not even really discussing anything anymore.

We're discussing the comments made by various band members at various stages in the saga that is Chinese Democracy and we're also discussing whether or not this album is a band collaboration or Axl's solo project.

I don't mean any of my posts to be "shouting". sorry if they come across like that Undecided

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2006, 03:22:40 PM »

Dizzy Reed likes the T-Shirts of VR?? ...  Every day I like dizzy reed less...
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2006, 03:23:13 PM »

typing up another piece of the interview now... give me a moment
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »

We're discussing the comments made by various band members at various stages in the saga that is Chinese Democracy and we're also discussing whether or not this album is a band collaboration or Axl's solo project.

I don't mean any of my posts to be "shouting". sorry if they come across like that Undecided

I THOUGHT THIS WAS SHOUTING!!!!

Grin

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2006, 03:25:31 PM »

Dizzy Reed likes the T-Shirts of VR?? ...? Every day I like dizzy reed less...

Just because he likes their t-shirts? Is he supposed to hate them?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2006, 03:28:56 PM »

No man, but it seems to be a mockery since he talks about their T-Shirts instead of them as musicians.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2006, 03:30:37 PM »

No man, but it seems to be a mockery since he talks about their T-Shirts instead of them as musicians.

Ok, i understand your point now peace

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2006, 03:30:51 PM »

I THOUGHT THIS WAS SHOUTING!!!!

Grin
Please don't Thorazine, I'm sensitive crying

Dizzy Reed likes the T-Shirts of VR?? ... Every day I like dizzy reed less...

here we go with the whole sarcasm thing again rofl

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2006, 03:34:37 PM »

@ NickNasty06
Not only that. they may well have more which they're not working on anymore.
Remember the interview "unexpectedly" occured at a bash. not the quietest place, I suppose.

You must be joking.  Huh I don't know about the first 2 pages but we're all very civil. No name calling.

Anyways. billsguy is right. How come some of you are so negative about this interview?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2006, 03:36:57 PM »

I read that the other new gnr members' ideas werent taking in count... I wonder how much of that is true ??

Quote by the Dirt
"Richard said recently in an email that none of his ideas are on anything he's heard."
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2006, 03:38:39 PM »

I read that the other new gnr members' ideas werent taking in count... I wonder how much of that is true ??

Quote by the Dirt
"Richard said recently in an email that none of his ideas are on anything he's heard."

which pretty much confirms that richard is a rythm guitar player and not a solo or lead player and therfor not the one to take buckets parts...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2006, 03:38:57 PM »

Quote by the Dirt

Wouldnt that mean he hasnt re-recorded anybodys solo's?  Huh

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2006, 03:45:44 PM »

Quote by the Dirt

which pretty much confirms that richard is a rythm guitar player and not a solo or lead player and therfor not the one to take buckets parts...

What it also confirms is that his ideas are not on anything in any capacity, be it lead, rhythm, bongos, or farts.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2006, 03:53:21 PM »

Yep saul. I'd read it as erose does.  Cheesy
I think he was referring to the first album.

What did he actually say?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2006, 03:57:30 PM »

Quote by the Dirt

Wouldnt that mean he hasnt re-recorded anybodys solo's?? Huh

No, he very well could have, or could have tried.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2006, 03:59:19 PM »

I think he was referring to the first album.

What did he actually say?

What first album? This was from a very recent email.

Go look in the "emails from ricchard" thread. It's in there somewhere, but my paraphrase is almost spot on.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: