Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 202263 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #620 on: February 03, 2006, 02:08:02 PM »

Aye madagas but I can't be slower than I am now. Cry

Then you disagree with the definition of the word:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=but

If someone says to me "yeah, they're kinda like GnR", in a casual conversation, yes...I think that would translate, in a more formal way, into "they sound much like GnR".  If you want to argue I'm interpreting his phrasing incorrectly, I can certainly see that opinion.  I disagree with it, but can see it.

And again, you're leading the discussion to semantics.  I can only assume you're doing so because you have no other way to bolster your argument.

What's my argument? Can't you see what I'm doing here is by and large paraphrasing the band members words or quoting them like a bloody mirror.  Nothing personal but to me it seems that you keep ignoring whatever that doesn't support your Position as if it's priority over the band members ones for real.
At least I don't put words into other's mouths.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #621 on: February 03, 2006, 02:41:22 PM »

Slow down Tank...I am not taking sides. You both don't understand exactly what the other is saying and you are both right in your own way. That is obvious.  Roll Eyes I'm not going down the solo act argument. I like the new band and how it is arranged currently. That is all that matters. I don't want anything to do with "Yesterdays". ok

Yeah i agree with that........hopefully wel`ll see the work they did at one point ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #622 on: February 03, 2006, 03:29:47 PM »

And lastly about the collaborative lavel of AFD,  from what I can gather Axl had the last say on like everything even in the AFD days and has been in charge ever since. Surely I wasn't there unlike some of you here tho.   Wink
That doesn't make the band a less collaborative one or a solo project of the leader.
The same is true with the most of successful bands.

Dizzy you know- Axl is very much into having a band. and he's one of the fairest, coolest, nicest guys that I've ever met... and that's just a fact.  And I mean he treats us as band members but at the same time with any situation like that... there's always one person that's more important and you know is in charge and you have to know whose in charge. In every band, in every successful band, has a leader... he's the leader.

What would you honestly expect Tommy or Dizzy to say?

We were there strictly for the writing and constructing of the songs, but after all the music Axl thought he needed was on tape, he gave us the order to go out and do solo schlock shows indefinately?

The interviewer would immediately fire back with some question like, "So this really is an Axl solo record if he's doing the rest of the work by himself."
It looks better on the band and the members as a whole if they make it sound like there very much up to date with the record, and in the loop. Or else its just bollocks to say, "Yeah Ive been in Gn'R for 8 years with no album to show for it. Still waiting on Round 2 perhaps.."

Yea. And on the contrary he could also say he made a habit of emailing all the members everyday and hanging out and jamming with them whenever they were around if he wanted. If asked the details he could always use the almighty 'confidential' thingy but he doesn't.

I don't think being tight is always a good thing...That may cause the chemistry to burn itself out fast. 
Being a loose unit each musician can get  fresh air, ideas and spurs from the outside world.
Often flexible things have more strength than rigid things. They can stand tight and loose without breaking up.

If the band even minus Buckethead hasn't been in the same room since MSG '02,

Shocked Yes of course! You just lightened me up. silly me I never thought of that. Maybe a turn of events have happened. He says 2002 lineup is the best. headbanger Who knows.
Beside in 2004 he said....

Dan: Is Buckethead out?  Is that official?
Dizzy: For the time being, yeah.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #623 on: February 03, 2006, 03:48:19 PM »

What's my argument? Can't you see what I'm doing here is by and large paraphrasing the band members words or quoting them like a bloody mirror.? Nothing personal but to me it seems that you keep ignoring whatever that doesn't support your Position as if it's priority over the band members ones for real.
At least I don't put words into other's mouths.

My last word on this this time, I promise.

And I feel you are doing the same...ignoring more recent statements and picking and choosing the passages you want to incorporate and ignoring the others, "interepreting" passages when no interpretation is needed, and continuing to fall back on an interview thats 7 years old and has demonstrable details that are no longer true.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

As for putting words in people's mouths...perhaps you should re-read your posts from some pages back.? You do just that.

Oh, and if you don't think UYI has some "queen-like" arrangements (again, that's what we're talking about here)....you need to listen to more Queen.? Your one statement on the subject says all it needs to about your musical judgement.? Do you really need examples?

And lastly about the collaborative lavel of AFD,? from what I can gather Axl had the last say on like everything even in the AFD days and has been in charge ever since.

Really?? From what you can put together?? I'd love to read those quotes.? Because it's certainly not what I've read from Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Steven.? Nor from any of the reasonable accounts of the history of the band (ie: all those "unofficial" bios, media articles, etc) circa the AFD era.? The UYI era? Absolutely true.

Thanks and good day.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 04:01:01 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #624 on: March 09, 2006, 08:18:12 PM »

So it's been six weeks since this whole crazy ordeal.? Did Maddy88's made up story ever become true?? Was it that Slash was going to have another meeting with Axl that was the big event?? Was it discussion on how they were going to leak a few tracks to stir up attention?? Announcement of the tour dates?? Axl's car for sale?? Axl buying another neon pegasus sign?? Chris Pittman being plugged in on the next tour?? What was the supposed 'big event'HuhHuhHuh

Or was it that someone got some pictures with Dizzy which proved he was with him, then took it one step farther and proceeded to get drunk at a frat and invent some close revealing secret that Dizzy told him, meanwhile garnering attention on gnr forums?

I think James and a few others of the minority in this thread that questioned the legitimacy of this interview, particularily the tight-lipped secret, deserve props because nothing has been proven of this 'event' yet.? Surely we could know now, six weeks later, if the 'big event' took place and what it was about.?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #625 on: March 09, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »

So it's been six weeks since this whole crazy ordeal.? Did Maddy88's made up story ever become true?
No. It will never come true, because its bullshit.
I think James and a few others of the minority in this thread that questioned the legitimacy of this interview, particularily the tight-lipped secret, deserve props because nothing has been proven of this 'event' yet. 
Thanks. beer I can smell a fake insider from a light year away. The jokers in this thread were easy to discredit.

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #626 on: March 09, 2006, 09:53:59 PM »

So it's been six weeks since this whole crazy ordeal.? Did Maddy88's made up story ever become true?? Was it that Slash was going to have another meeting with Axl that was the big event?? Was it discussion on how they were going to leak a few tracks to stir up attention?? Announcement of the tour dates?? Axl's car for sale?? Axl buying another neon pegasus sign?? Chris Pittman being plugged in on the next tour?? What was the supposed 'big event'HuhHuhHuh

Or was it that someone got some pictures with Dizzy which proved he was with him, then took it one step farther and proceeded to get drunk at a frat and invent some close revealing secret that Dizzy told him, meanwhile garnering attention on gnr forums?

I think James and a few others of the minority in this thread that questioned the legitimacy of this interview, particularily the tight-lipped secret, deserve props because nothing has been proven of this 'event' yet.? Surely we could know now, six weeks later, if the 'big event' took place and what it was about.?

coz he was full of shit... he even admitted lying....
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #627 on: March 09, 2006, 10:36:04 PM »

Dizzy Reed is a fool.  How can somebody in a band know SO LITTLE about the status of their album? I mean thats insane.  Plus, how can he say that the new band is a better band than the old GNR?  Without the originals there would be no new gnr and no Dizzy Reed...he would be a nobody.  To be honest, i've never been a big fan of Dizzy.

On the positive side of things...nice interview man.  It's just too bad Dizzy doesn't know anything.  [I bet he's just lying tho....]
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #628 on: March 09, 2006, 10:40:04 PM »

Yeah, it would be a nice interview if it were real

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #629 on: March 10, 2006, 01:29:12 PM »

jesus... I thought I had already proved my legitimacy to everyone!?

all right... that event I spoke of was that Dizzy Reed while at Cornell Univ. got a text message from Axl asking him to meet up with Axl for dinner as soon as he was back in LA. This was a big event for Dizzy had not seen Axl in quite some time. When I asked Dizzy if this would be about the release of Chinese Democracy... Dizzy responded that this was very likely.

that was the event. it occurred I believe the wednesday after he left Cornell (in late January).

as for the other controversial issue... Dizzy saying that the managers for Slash/Duff have been contacting Axl for a reunion.... I retracted this briefly because I thought Dizzy might've found out I posted this online (it was a private conversation) and was mad at me... however, when he finally did email me back saying that this was not the case, I re-retracted the statement. It is indeed the truth that VR band members have been looking for a reunion for a G'n'R reunion for some time now. I stand by this truthfully.? I mean come on, Axl's claim that Slash showed up at this door seems much more legit keeping in mind what Dizzy said, doesnt it?

lastly, the email i posted online (from Dizzy) saying that "there'd be enough info on the internet for everyone soon" came true did it not?

everything I wrote in the interview came straight from Mr. Reed... and in my honest opinion, not one bit of it was exaggerated.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 01:39:15 PM by Madagascar88 » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #630 on: March 10, 2006, 01:38:08 PM »

as for the other controversial issue... Dizzy saying that the managers for Slash/Duff have been contacting Axl for a reunion.... I retracted this briefly because I thought Dizzy might've found out I posted this online (it was a private conversation) and was mad at me... however, when he finally did email me back saying that this was not the case, I re-retracted the statement. It is indeed the truth that VR band members have been looking for a reunion for a G'n'R reunion for some time now. I stand by this truthfully.  I mean come on, Axl's claim that Slash showed up at this door seems much more legit keeping in mind what Dizzy said, doesnt it?

Yep good job. Now you should put the retracted bit back. That corresponds to Axl's release.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #631 on: March 10, 2006, 03:25:48 PM »

And I feel you are doing the same...ignoring more recent statements and picking and choosing the passages you want to incorporate and ignoring the others, "interepreting" passages when no interpretation is needed, and continuing to fall back on an interview thats 7 years old and has demonstrable details that are no longer true.

Pot. Kettle. Black

Whatever. My pot is gold.
I'm noway ignoring any recent statement. You're ignoring the info from other band members.
As for the interpretation, Maybe you're too lazy.

As for putting words in people's mouths...perhaps you should re-read your posts from some pages back.  You do just that.

Nay.

Oh, and if you don't think UYI has some "queen-like" arrangements (again, that's what we're talking about here)....you need to listen to more Queen.  Your one statement on the subject says all it needs to about your musical judgement.  Do you really need examples?

Where did I say there is none? I tend to avoid a categoric answer.
That doesn't make the whole album sound like queen.  Actually UYI has more Stones-ish tunes than queens.

BTW I had enough of queen songs before I can write. Thank you very much.

And lastly about the collaborative lavel of AFD,  from what I can gather Axl had the last say on like everything even in the AFD days and has been in charge ever since.

Really?  From what you can put together?  I'd love to read those quotes.  Because it's certainly not what I've read from Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Steven.  Nor from any of the reasonable accounts of the history of the band (ie: all those "unofficial" bios, media articles, etc) circa the AFD era.

S n D....media articles Yeah. Roll Eyes Polly Axl didn't even write vocal melodies or Lyrics.
Who picked SCOM for the first single for instanse?Axl. Did the other guys like the song? What bout OIM?
On the other hand, do we hear GNR had done anything Axl was reluctant to circa the ERA?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #632 on: March 11, 2006, 12:26:08 AM »

all right... that event I spoke of was that Dizzy Reed while at Cornell Univ. got a text message from Axl asking him to meet up with Axl for dinner as soon as he was back in LA. This was a big event for Dizzy had not seen Axl in quite some time. When I asked Dizzy if this would be about the release of Chinese Democracy... Dizzy responded that this was very likely.

that was the event. it occurred I believe the wednesday after he left Cornell (in late January).

as for the other controversial issue... Dizzy saying that the managers for Slash/Duff have been contacting Axl for a reunion.... I retracted this briefly because I thought Dizzy might've found out I posted this online (it was a private conversation) and was mad at me... however, when he finally did email me back saying that this was not the case, I re-retracted the statement. It is indeed the truth that VR band members have been looking for a reunion for a G'n'R reunion for some time now. I stand by this truthfully.? I mean come on, Axl's claim that Slash showed up at this door seems much more legit keeping in mind what Dizzy said, doesnt it?

lastly, the email i posted online (from Dizzy) saying that "there'd be enough info on the internet for everyone soon" came true did it not?

everything I wrote in the interview came straight from Mr. Reed... and in my honest opinion, not one bit of it was exaggerated.

lol... what ever dude..... even dizzys wife said you were full of it....
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #633 on: March 11, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »

as for the other controversial issue... Dizzy saying that the managers for Slash/Duff have been contacting Axl for a reunion.... I retracted this briefly because I thought Dizzy might've found out I posted this online (it was a private conversation) and was mad at me... however, when he finally did email me back saying that this was not the case, I re-retracted the statement. It is indeed the truth that VR band members have been looking for a reunion for a G'n'R reunion for some time now. I stand by this truthfully.  I mean come on, Axl's claim that Slash showed up at this door seems much more legit keeping in mind what Dizzy said, doesnt it?

Didn't you inform people shortly thereafter that you concocted the bit about the reunion just to stir fans up?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #634 on: March 11, 2006, 10:28:34 AM »

Guys, arent you taking this TOO seriously?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: