Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:02:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 207104 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #340 on: January 26, 2006, 09:22:38 AM »

i think he admitted it was hoax, but then rejected his statement, because he just wanted to "safe" dizzy

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #341 on: January 26, 2006, 10:43:31 AM »

Ill believe Lisa Reed over some poster ona  mesageboard any day of the week. ok
Origen
« Reply #342 on: January 26, 2006, 10:48:39 AM »

Even the picture is fake dumbass.

So I guess all these photos are fake as well http://www.psiofzetapsi.org/cgi-bin/showpage.cgi?page=pics&event=afterparty06&numpics=36? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:11:28 AM by Origen » Logged
Sterlingdog
« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2006, 11:04:19 AM »

Ill believe Lisa Reed over some poster ona? mesageboard any day of the week. ok

I think I missed something.  This thread grew overnight and I can't figure out what you are talking about.  Did Lisa Reed say something about this interview thing?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2006, 11:08:27 AM »

cool pics.  Cheesy

I second that, Is madagascar88 claiming this legit still? or has he admitted it's a hoax? confused

From what I gather, it's not hoax. He did have a chat/ interview with Dizzy.
Just it seems that his paraphrases of the conversation involve some misinterpretations/ exaggerations and may be misleading.

Dizzy's wife says...

posted by Lisa Reed:

I believe that interview is HIGHLY embelleshed to make the frat boy look better, maybe he just added stuff to make it sound better since he wasn't getting much info. Some of the stuff is most likely true, but a lot of it is not

http://p221.ezboard.com/fthesirdizzyreedappreciationsocietypart2frm2.showMessageRange?topicID=3103.topic&start=21&stop=29
Sterlingdog
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »

Thanks ppbebe.

Dizzy responded to Madagascar88's apology:

in response to my apology email to Dizzy apologizing for my interview...

I haven' read it yet but, yes, things like ____________ aren't really good for everyone to know.
Thanks for keeping that off of there. And Lisa reemed
me about _____________!1 Or at least about it being on the
internet. No big deal though, I had her laughing about it after a while. There wil
be enough info. on the internet to satisfy everyone soon enough so let them wait!!
Peace....dizzy.

Anyone know which part Lisa would have reemed him about?  I don't recall reading anything about her in the interview.
madagas
« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2006, 11:16:46 AM »

Tank, back to your songwriting credits stuff-from Tommy in late 2004

GUNS N' ROSES Bassist Hopes New Album Will Be Completed This Fall - Sep. 15, 2004
GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson recently told Canada's Chart Attack that the group's long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" is nearing completion. "I would imagine they would start mastering it some time in October, November, somewhere in there," Stinson said. "I just wanted to make sure I got my two cents in so I couldn't look back and go, 'Dudes, what's up?' And they go, 'Dude, where were you? You didn't say anything!' So I got my two cents in on it."

And what was Stinson's two cents?

"My two cents was very much like a cent and a half," he said. "It's like, all the stuff I heard was phenomenal. I didn't get a chance to listen to all of it, because I was pressed for time. But also I wanted to hear the things I hadn't heard yet. Some of the stuff had been done a while ago and hadn't changed much; I didn't really bother with that. But I wanted to hear all the new stuff and I heard about six things that I hadn't heard finished yet, that were really mind-blowing. A few of the songs are pretty epic in length, but that's always been GN'R's thing, hasn't it? I don't think it's a particularly long album, but I think the six I heard are pretty epic. I mean they are just... fucking huge, you know [laughs]. I think pretty much all of us in the band have some songwriting credits on just about everything. The undertaking was pretty much a large collaboration between eight people, even a couple others who aren't around anymore, but maybe started with pieces of the old band or whatever. But yeah, there is probably a lot to go around with that one."   beer

Report to moderator    Logged 

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2006, 11:21:15 AM »

Tank, back to your songwriting credits stuff

Yeah i saw this in the other thread. and PM's both WARose and ppbebe and said I guess I was wrong. Embarrassed

funny though that nobody has heard final mixes or what parts that will get on the final album, or that apparently Richards ideas were'nt used. etc. etc.

whatever, i really don't want to bring it all up again, you guys win.....for now

"Ahhhlllll be Back!" hihi

madagas
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2006, 11:24:56 AM »

I doubt Tommy has a very good idea about what the final songwriting credits will be. That interview was over a year ago. Axl will have credits on every song-almost guaranteed if he is the sole lyric writer as he claims. However, it remains to be seen as who the other people will be and how often. There is no right answer. Tongue
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2006, 11:27:55 AM »

It's getting a bit silly that even if someone posts pictures of themselves with a member of GN'R, they're called a fake. What on Earth will you people accept as true? A signed affadavit from Axl himself?

SG
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2006, 11:32:48 AM »

you are correct, no one quite knows what we are gonna see or hear concerning the future of this band and know one knows exactly who all the people are that have influenced the composition of whatever songs may appear on it. No-one except Axl that is, which was also the corner stone of my argument, one fact that i don't think anyone can deny.

I'm not saying they are fake but what about the one with the crown on Dizzy's head, the crown looks really badly photoshopped IMO. http://www.psiofzetapsi.org/pictures/afterparty06/images/12.jpg

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »

Tanks madagas! Cheesy

The credit business must take hell long time, considering.  confused

things like ____________ aren't really good for everyone to know.
Thanks for keeping that off of there.

in a week......Huh mmm something to do with Sanctuary?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2006, 11:43:14 AM »

Yes. ?Clearly the entire fraternity got together and decided to shoot a bunch of pictures with someone wearing certain clothes, so they could later photshop in Dizzy's head and tattoos. ?And it was all to pull a prank on GNR message board members. ?Because in that fraternity, everyone's world revolves around internet message boards, especially GNR. ?Makes total sense.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2006, 11:48:56 AM »

What a Fn' soap opera. Honestly, who really cares about this interview THAT much to criticize every aspect of it. If it's true (which I think it probably is) then great. But it really just adds a bit more to the saga that has started up again since the groundhog emerged from his den. It isn't groundbreaking and isn't even overly exciting (unless, I suppose, you were actually there).

As far as the 'event'...at first it just sounded to me as if Dizzy might have mentioned to M88 something like the entire band was going to be getting together for a meeting or perhaps rehearsals of some kind. If you read it from the beginning, it doesn't mention anything about it being something done in public (ie: performance or announcement). Then Dizzy, apparently, goes on to say that whatever IT is, "there will be enough info. on the internet to satisfy everyone soon enough." Although M88 claims that is in response to IT, it may very well just mean that some news may be coming soon. Either way, I doubt the IT event will be much more than a meeting between the entire band (which certainly would be nice to hear). Perhaps that meeting will be for a private listening party, or maybe a photo session, or maybe (like someone else mentioned) a video shoot.

Regardless if you believe M88 or not, leave him alone. The boy is excited to have spent a weekend with Dizzy and wants to share it with us (but knows too many assholes are not concerned with his joy in the matter and just want some hard core gossip from him).

Just be happy for the boy, concentrate on what real news you do hear and keep the faith. One of these days ALL the 'rumors' will be put to rest.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:54:02 AM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
madagas
« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »

Sin, good post. Grin
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #355 on: January 26, 2006, 12:44:56 PM »

I think Madagascar88 deserves credit. He has given us the most thought-out hoax in the history of HTGTH, in my opinion.

Give him a high-five.  ok

By the way, that picture of Dizzy Reed with the crown on looks entirely fake. I'll have to look at the rest of the pictures and inspect for anything unusual.
Origen
« Reply #356 on: January 26, 2006, 01:05:55 PM »

IF YOU think they're fake then they are very convincing:

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #357 on: January 26, 2006, 01:13:42 PM »

Dizzy is bloody-thirsty  hihi
Sterlingdog
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2006, 01:18:59 PM »

I think Madagascar88 deserves credit. He has given us the most thought-out hoax in the history of HTGTH, in my opinion.

I think you deserve credit for sticking to your belief that the whole thing is fake, despite any and all evidence to the contrary.

I could understand sticking to the idea that some of it was exagerated or embellished.  But to keep insisting the whole thing is a hoax, that takes real conviction!
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2006, 01:21:27 PM »

Once again, just for the slower among you...

Madagascar88 is legitimate.

Thank you, Madagascar88 for the cool interview, photo's and 'news'.  beer
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: