Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: cd mastering rumour (not CD)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: cd mastering rumour (not CD)  (Read 30513 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2006, 11:05:14 PM »

Marino mastered something associated with GnR. It had to be some kind of new material.

No its doesnt have to be "new" material at all. It could be an old live show that universal is planning on releasing or anything from the old band.

Umm, although it's a possibility, I highly doubt it. As far as we know, no such plans were ever executed. GH II was possibility as well, but it would surprise me to know that plans went as far as mastering. I think the most likely source is new material.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2006, 11:07:32 PM »

thats right, its sourced from a lefitlimate site and George Marino is very well known for his mastering. There must be some legitimacy here - possibly it is GH2 and hasnt been updated

I find it odd that Merck dissed sp1at in that way - why has communicated with them in the past if he feels this way?

sp1at likes people to think they have connections.? all they do is bug people to death.? remember the interviews brain did with them and people were dissing brain on the questions and answers (something about only being in GNR for the money)?? it's because brain KNOWS sp1ats reputation as a RUMOR board and gives it right back to them.

what is funny in all of this is everyone on here took the vernacular of big boss as gospel when in reality he runs a RUMOR board and conjures up BULLSHIT and rewrites everything to make it look legit.

who knows what is on sterling's site.? Hell, maybe it's VR's work and George Marino considers VR as Guns n' Roses.

Look at the bigger picture people.? You all do this to yourselves.?

WHEN CD IS READY, IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON VALID SITES, NEWS NETWORKS, MTV, VH1.............NOT off of sp1at conjuring up a finding off of a website that doesn't even have a title with the supposed Guns n' Roses mastering product.

Yes your right, when CD is done it will be announced everywhere, this has been the line that management have given the world since 99 "when we have something to say we will announce it to everybody at the same time". From reading your post i get the impression you just want everyone to shut up and wait for management to tell us that CD is coming out! 75% of the posts on the major GnR message boards are about CD rumours. After 14 years of waiting pretty much everything about the old band has been disscussed. Half the fun, for me anyway is coming onto these boards to see the latest bout of rumours that are coming out!

As for Sp1at, the site meerly posts the info it gets. For instance Sp1at meerly provided everyone else with the link to the Sterling website. They didnt make anything up, its there for everyone to look at! What motivation do the members have to make stuff up..... at the end of the day we all want the same thing.... a god damn Guns n Roses album!

You yourself admit that Sp1at has connections in your post, how else do you think they got in contact with Brain! Sp1at uses the connections that some of its members have to try and get information on CD, some people have a problem with this and i can understand why, but if they dont like it they should just dismiss it and then keep quiet. To immediatly dismiss the site as producing bullshit is a bit harsh!

Mercks comments are to be expected, its his job to deny everything about CD.

Jonx

First of all, when CD is ready, I know Merck and every other credible outlet whether it be MTV, VH1 or your local DJ will report it. ?Merck denies CD because IT'S NOT READY!

And if you think that sp1at posts legitimate news, you are really missing the proverbial boat.

Go read the bigboss comments from today on there regarding this mastering CD Lie. ?Notice, I said CD lie. ?bigboss even admits it is HIS assumption and he posted what HE believed is true...NOT what is ACCURATE or TRUE.

again, sp1at has always taken every news article and twists it/rewrites it to make it appear legit. ?Case in point there was a piece they wrote about Tommy giving a release date and he NEVER said anything about a release date. ?SP1AT made that up!!!

Jonx, I am not berating you. ?But if you want some friendly advice from one GNR fan to another, don't believe anything from sp1at. ?Stick to HTGTH. ?Jarmo is an honest person and won't bullshit you or mislead you or rewrite anything that he gets from management or band members (as he did meet TS and did a legitimite interview. ?Nothing was fabricated or exaggerated).

Merck called sp1at.com out. ?And I am glad. ?It's long overdue.

And all those times they did interviews with Brain, you can't tell me that Brain was evasive because he didn't know anything. ?All bandmembers are evasive because it's the nature of the beast. ?And if Merck calls sp1at a bullshit site and says they report rubbish as news, don't you think the band members feel the same way about Sp1at and know what they are famous for??

When Jarmo did his interview with TS, it was very informative. ?It was honest, precise, PROFESSIONAL. ?And that is because Jarmo is respected hence probably one of the many factors that led to why his site is hosted via Sanctuary and not any other site.?

sp1at should go back to being the old rumor board because that is what they are good at. ?That is their niche market.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:13:52 PM by dolphin » Logged
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2006, 12:09:14 AM »

When did Jarmo interview Tommy Stinson?  Where can I find this interview?  I'd love to read it.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2006, 12:59:12 AM »

thats right, its sourced from a lefitlimate site and George Marino is very well known for his mastering. There must be some legitimacy here - possibly it is GH2 and hasnt been updated

I find it odd that Merck dissed sp1at in that way - why has communicated with them in the past if he feels this way?

sp1at likes people to think they have connections.  all they do is bug people to death.  remember the interviews brain did with them and people were dissing brain on the questions and answers (something about only being in GNR for the money)?  it's because brain KNOWS sp1ats reputation as a RUMOR board and gives it right back to them.

what is funny in all of this is everyone on here took the vernacular of big boss as gospel when in reality he runs a RUMOR board and conjures up BULLSHIT and rewrites everything to make it look legit.

who knows what is on sterling's site.  Hell, maybe it's VR's work and George Marino considers VR as Guns n' Roses.

Look at the bigger picture people.  You all do this to yourselves. 

WHEN CD IS READY, IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON VALID SITES, NEWS NETWORKS, MTV, VH1.............NOT off of sp1at conjuring up a finding off of a website that doesn't even have a title with the supposed Guns n' Roses mastering product.

Yes your right, when CD is done it will be announced everywhere, this has been the line that management have given the world since 99 "when we have something to say we will announce it to everybody at the same time". From reading your post i get the impression you just want everyone to shut up and wait for management to tell us that CD is coming out! 75% of the posts on the major GnR message boards are about CD rumours. After 14 years of waiting pretty much everything about the old band has been disscussed. Half the fun, for me anyway is coming onto these boards to see the latest bout of rumours that are coming out!

As for Sp1at, the site meerly posts the info it gets. For instance Sp1at meerly provided everyone else with the link to the Sterling website. They didnt make anything up, its there for everyone to look at! What motivation do the members have to make stuff up..... at the end of the day we all want the same thing.... a god damn Guns n Roses album!

You yourself admit that Sp1at has connections in your post, how else do you think they got in contact with Brain! Sp1at uses the connections that some of its members have to try and get information on CD, some people have a problem with this and i can understand why, but if they dont like it they should just dismiss it and then keep quiet. To immediatly dismiss the site as producing bullshit is a bit harsh!

Mercks comments are to be expected, its his job to deny everything about CD.

Jonx

First of all, when CD is ready, I know Merck and every other credible outlet whether it be MTV, VH1 or your local DJ will report it.  Merck denies CD because IT'S NOT READY!

And if you think that sp1at posts legitimate news, you are really missing the proverbial boat.

Go read the bigboss comments from today on there regarding this mastering CD Lie.  Notice, I said CD lie.  bigboss even admits it is HIS assumption and he posted what HE believed is true...NOT what is ACCURATE or TRUE.

again, sp1at has always taken every news article and twists it/rewrites it to make it appear legit.  Case in point there was a piece they wrote about Tommy giving a release date and he NEVER said anything about a release date.  SP1AT made that up!!!

Jonx, I am not berating you.  But if you want some friendly advice from one GNR fan to another, don't believe anything from sp1at.  Stick to HTGTH.  Jarmo is an honest person and won't bullshit you or mislead you or rewrite anything that he gets from management or band members (as he did meet TS and did a legitimite interview.  Nothing was fabricated or exaggerated).

Merck called sp1at.com out.  And I am glad.  It's long overdue.

And all those times they did interviews with Brain, you can't tell me that Brain was evasive because he didn't know anything.  All bandmembers are evasive because it's the nature of the beast.  And if Merck calls sp1at a bullshit site and says they report rubbish as news, don't you think the band members feel the same way about Sp1at and know what they are famous for? 

When Jarmo did his interview with TS, it was very informative.  It was honest, precise, PROFESSIONAL.  And that is because Jarmo is respected hence probably one of the many factors that led to why his site is hosted via Sanctuary and not any other site. 

sp1at should go back to being the old rumor board because that is what they are good at.  That is their niche market.

I dont recall the Tommy release date thing so i cant really comment on that!

I understand that you're not berating me, and im not trying to have a go, just putting forth my viewpoint! I treat Sp1at and the info they post just like any other GnR site, although saying that HTGTH will always be my first port of call for Guns n Roses info. Like yourself i respect this site for what it is and really do hope that Axl decides to use it as an official forum once the ball finall y gets rolling! But i also respect Sp1at and Bigboss aswell. I stand by my statement that they have come out with alot of good info in the past concerning the band, i just think that there is so much going on that we dont know about that things are constantly changing!

As for the band member interviews, the Tommy interview was done in person and like you said in a very professional manner. Most of Sp1ats interviews are conducted by email, which im sure isnt the preferred method, and the band members are probably getting so annoyed with the same questions over and over that they resort to one word answers! I also think there are numerous reasons as to why the band members are all evasive towards Guns questions, not just Sp1at. The main reason being that they probably dont know whats going on half the time. History has shown that so much changes with this band that its hard to keep up. Not to mention the fact that they have all probably had to sign confidentiallity agreements concerning CD. Even if they wanted to give lots of details about CD they cant!

If Merck is so anti Sp1at then he should really stop answering Bigboss's emails, stop throwing wood at the fire!

I guess it all boils down to the same old fact that none of us really know anything, all we have to go on are these rumours, and thats exactly what every piece of info seems to be these days. Until it comes out of Management or Axls mouth its a rumour in my books!

Jonx

Jonx
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2006, 05:02:22 AM »

If Merck is so anti Sp1at then he should really stop answering Bigboss's emails, stop throwing wood at the fire!
I agree completely. In fact, Merck should stop talking to anybody associated with the GNR forums. Merck has a hotline wired directly into Madison's brain, and not one credible piece of info has ever came out of that hotline. Sp1at has offered up a ton of rumours for a long time, and has never been able to back up a single one. We have been out of the loop for 13 years, and Merck severing ties with some of these mods on a power trip will not make things worse. Actually, it might make things a little better. No more mods bragging about their relationship with Merck, or  that they know what the 3rd single on CD is. Plus, we wont have as  many bullshit rumours coming from Sp1at, since they wont be able to claim any legitimacy in having connections to the GNR camp.

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2006, 05:12:06 AM »

They want to surprise the world. EVERYTHING regarding Chinese Democracy will be denied, by Merck, until the day of announcement.

If he's not mastering Chinese Democracy then he's mastering the sequel.

I gauran-DAMN-tee you this dude is not mastering old stuff.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2006, 05:25:46 AM »

Read my post on the previous page, There's some advice in it for you.
 Your 'theory' would carry more weight if Chinese Democracy was already playing in our stereos. I just dont get this logic of CD being completely finished, ready for an imminent release, while this phantom second CD is being mastered. Unless some simultaneous release is being planned, which is doubtful. Wait a minute, I just figured it out: Its NOT the second cd being mastered, its actually the final cd of the trilogy being mastered! rofl rofl peace

ARC
VIP

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2006, 06:01:17 AM »

Read my post on the previous page, There's some advice in it for you.
 Your 'theory' would carry more weight if Chinese Democracy was already playing in our stereos. I just dont get this logic of CD being completely finished, ready for an imminent release, while this phantom second CD is being mastered. Unless some simultaneous release is being planned, which is doubtful. Wait a minute, I just figured it out: Its NOT the second cd being mastered, its actually the final cd of the trilogy being mastered! rofl rofl peace

"Sanctuary Records have confirmed that when the recording of the long-awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album is complete, there will be two albums ready for release."
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2006, 06:13:30 AM »

Could this Album currently being Masterd be the new version of AFD?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2006, 07:00:41 AM »

"Sanctuary Records have confirmed that when the recording of the long-awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album is complete, there will be two albums ready for release."
If you'll read that statement carefully, it doesn't make much sense. When CD is complete, another album is ready to be released!? Another album was finished before CD? Could this be the mythical 2000 Intentions cd? The mythical AFD remake? A remastered rarities cd? Another hits album? If CD is done and ready for launch, why risk alienating more of your fan base while you get the next one ready? Are two albums being mastered at the same time? That statement you quoted brings up more questions than it answers, which was probably the goal of them giving that statement.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2006, 07:06:26 AM »

@darrenleves:  sure it could....  but it?s safe to say it`s not.

did anyone email this master guy yet???   imo he`s the only person i`d believe as of right now....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2006, 07:09:53 AM »

i dont think he,d be allowed to say anything would he?

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2006, 07:13:34 AM »

God, you guys get so uptight about Sp1at.

I got an e-mail update from newguns the other day blagging about some announcement from Axl...when I went to the message board it was hoax. Waste of time!

At the end of the day its only an album and who gives a f*ck about whether a message board tries to use a little artistic license to get to the bottom of this.

Here today...ready to rock
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2006, 07:22:25 AM »

its not just an album,its a RELIGION to most fans now. beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
ARC
VIP

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2006, 07:24:52 AM »

If you'll read that statement carefully, it doesn't make much sense. When CD is complete, another album is ready to be released!? Another album was finished before CD? Could this be the mythical 2000 Intentions cd? The mythical AFD remake? A remastered rarities cd? Another hits album? If CD is done and ready for launch, why risk alienating more of your fan base while you get the next one ready? Are two albums being mastered at the same time? That statement you quoted brings up more questions than it answers, which was probably the goal of them giving that statement.

Axl, himself, said they were working on 32 songs. That's more than one albums worth.

I think the statement I posted above means that by the time all the recording is done there will be two albums worth of material. Therefore two albums. One Chinese Democracy, the other ... well ... who knows...?

Axl obviously plans on releasing more than one new album. It would makes sense to record both now. Axl has, basically, had ten years of recording music behind him - would he really want to go straight BACK into the studio after "Chinese Democracy"...? He's probably sick of the place...! I imagine he wants to get two albums done and then tour the hell out of them...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2006, 07:43:14 AM »

Axl obviously plans on releasing more than one new album. It would makes sense to record both now.
Thats not really a good idea, unless he plans a simultaneous release just like with UYI. If you record too much at one time, and start saving the material for some future rainy day, you risk your material being outdated, and that alone would prevent its release. This could possibly be what happened to the mythical 2000 Intentions album that we will probably never get to hear. By the time it was finished, or at least the music was finished, the style of music Axl was attempting was already dead. This is why Oh My God was dead on arrival, and why whatever plans Axl had in 1999/2000 were permanently shelved.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2006, 07:50:37 AM »

Axl obviously plans on releasing more than one new album. It would makes sense to record both now.
Thats not really a good idea, unless he plans a simultaneous release just like with UYI. If you record too much at one time, and start saving the material for some future rainy day, you risk your material being outdated, and that alone would prevent its release. This could possibly be what happened to the mythical 2000 Intentions album that we will probably never get to hear. By the time it was finished, or at least the music was finished, the style of music Axl was attempting was already dead. This is why Oh My God was dead on arrival, and why whatever plans Axl had in 1999/2000 were permanently shelved.

well  at least this is your speculation.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ARC
VIP

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2006, 07:57:59 AM »

When Axl comes out of the studio this time, I don't think he's going back in for a long time.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2006, 08:02:13 AM »

I agree completely. In fact, Merck should stop talking to anybody associated with the GNR forums. Merck has a hotline wired directly into Madison's brain, and not one credible piece of info has ever came out of that hotline. Sp1at has offered up a ton of rumours for a long time, and has never been able to back up a single one. We have been out of the loop for 13 years, and Merck severing ties with some of these mods on a power trip will not make things worse. Actually, it might make things a little better. No more mods bragging about their relationship with Merck, or? that they know what the 3rd single on CD is. Plus, we wont have as? many bullshit rumours coming from Sp1at, since they wont be able to claim any legitimacy in having connections to the GNR camp.

I agree because this is another example of bullshit from Madison over at mygnr.com from admin Madison:

I contacted Merck, and asked if there was any truth to the rumor that Axl's new album (I didn't call it Chinese Democracy in case the name has been changed) was handed to Sterling Sound on Nov. 17, 2005 for mastering.

He said "no!"

Just because she typed this and locked a thread about it we are supposed to take her word for it that she actually had contact with Merck?  Roll Eyes I don't believe anything unless Jarmo would post it because Jarmo is ethical and NEVER BUGS ANYONE FROM MANANGEMENT BECAUSE THAT IS NOT HIS STYLE SO THEREFORE, JARMO IS RESPECTED AND HTGTH IS RESPECTED BY SANCTUARY HENCE WHY THEY CHOSE THIS SITE TO HOST OVER ALL OTHERS.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2006, 08:08:21 AM »

When Axl comes out of the studio this time, I don't think he's going back in for a long time.
For better or worse, I agree with what you just said. I think we're entering the final era of GNR, unless some miracle reunion takes place in the distant future(dont bother waiting). I was gonna add more to my previous post about doing so much material at once, but its hella late here and i'm about to fall asleep. We'll resume that conversation tomorrow. Since its slightly offtopic maybe by PM. beer ok peace

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: