Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: cd mastering rumour (not CD)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: cd mastering rumour (not CD)  (Read 30508 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2006, 08:47:16 AM »

If Merck is so anti Sp1at then he should really stop answering Bigboss's emails, stop throwing wood at the fire!
I agree completely. In fact, Merck should stop talking to anybody associated with the GNR forums. Merck has a hotline wired directly into Madison's brain, and not one credible piece of info has ever came out of that hotline. Sp1at has offered up a ton of rumours for a long time, and has never been able to back up a single one. We have been out of the loop for 13 years, and Merck severing ties with some of these mods on a power trip will not make things worse. Actually, it might make things a little better. No more mods bragging about their relationship with Merck, or? that they know what the 3rd single on CD is. Plus, we wont have as? many bullshit rumours coming from Sp1at, since they wont be able to claim any legitimacy in having connections to the GNR camp.

I agree because this is another example of bullshit from Madison over at mygnr.com from admin Madison:

I contacted Merck, and asked if there was any truth to the rumor that Axl's new album (I didn't call it Chinese Democracy in case the name has been changed) was handed to Sterling Sound on Nov. 17, 2005 for mastering.

He said "no!"

Just because she typed this and locked a thread about it we are supposed to take her word for it that she actually had contact with Merck?? Roll Eyes I don't believe anything unless Jarmo would post it because Jarmo is ethical and NEVER BUGS ANYONE FROM MANANGEMENT BECAUSE THAT IS NOT HIS STYLE SO THEREFORE, JARMO IS RESPECTED AND HTGTH IS RESPECTED BY SANCTUARY HENCE WHY THEY CHOSE THIS SITE TO HOST OVER ALL OTHERS.

There is no reason not to believe Madison. She does have contact with Merck, however small, and I don't think she lies.

I do think Merck lies, though, probably to put people off the scent.
madagas
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2006, 09:40:23 AM »

Like Merck is going to say, "yes! It's been mastered...now everyone in the industry go try and find it...we want it to leak!" He will deny everything until a formal announcement is made. George Marino does not put bullshit on his official/business website-simple as that. We only know one thing for certain-some type of Gnr material was given to Marino in Nov 05. Unfortunately, like Jarmo said, it could be a number of things. Those things could also have been given to him in Nov then taken away once the recluse decided to do something different. hihi
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2006, 10:08:45 AM »

Like Merck is going to say, "yes! It's been mastered...now everyone in the industry go try and find it...we want it to leak!" He will deny everything until a formal announcement is made. George Marino does not put bullshit on his official/business website-simple as that. We only know one thing for certain-some type of Gnr material was given to Marino in Nov 05. Unfortunately, like Jarmo said, it could be a number of things. Those things could also have been given to him in Nov then taken away once the recluse decided to do something different. hihi

If that was the case (it was taken away) it wouldn't be listed under 'current projects'? (unless they don't update their website!)

Here today...ready to rock
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2006, 10:48:50 AM »

I got an e-mail update from newguns the other day blagging about some announcement from Axl...when I went to the message board it was hoax. Waste of time!

Because when the update went out no one knew if it was true or not. When we found out it was fake, we updated the thread. Is it that hard to figure out?  Roll Eyes
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2006, 11:06:20 AM »

I got an e-mail update from newguns the other day blagging about some announcement from Axl...when I went to the message board it was hoax. Waste of time!

Because when the update went out no one knew if it was true or not. When we found out it was fake, we updated the thread. Is it that hard to figure out?? Roll Eyes

No, but you could have held on for a bit to find out whether it was true  Roll Eyes

Here today...ready to rock
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2006, 11:15:46 AM »

could it be the dvd thats coming out in feb???

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2006, 11:27:49 AM »

Its CD (Compact Disc) mastering, not DVD mastering.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2006, 11:31:17 AM »

Because when the update went out no one knew if it was true or not. When we found out it was fake, we updated the thread. Is it that hard to figure out?  Roll Eyes

No, but you could have held on for a bit to find out whether it was true  Roll Eyes

It was in the rumour section afterall man, we were just letting people know the latest rumour. At least we, unlike sp1at, dont pull stuff out from our collective asses when it comes to rumours. There is always a source for whatever is posted unlike your darling sp1at.  ok
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2006, 11:56:39 AM »

why did everyone just aks if it was CD or axl`s new cd? why not just ask what it was?

by the way i`m with madagas. and it`s the same with all rumour denials by merck. he would never aproach them if they were indeed true. but we`ll see.....

in the end all these fuckin rumours don?t matter. if something`s supposed to happen it will happen. no matter if a rumour`s true or not.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2006, 01:41:52 PM »

This is rubbish as is most of what splat speculate on.

tanks rainx.

Stating assumption for a fact is ridiculous. 
Maybe that site is mocking the bad music journalism to show how inaccurate it has been in the majority of cases?

And all those times they did interviews with Brain, you can't tell me that Brain was evasive because he didn't know anything.  All bandmembers are evasive because it's the nature of the beast.  And if Merck calls sp1at a bullshit site and says they report rubbish as news, don't you think the band members feel the same way about Sp1at and know what they are famous for? 

Good call!  yes
I might add that not everyone on here takes what the BS site says as gospel. No.
And that at least Mario's list is a good find they made, like Rainx said.
No, wait, actually I'm not sure who found it. They don't mention it do they?

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2006, 02:15:28 PM »

If Merck is so anti Sp1at then he should really stop answering Bigboss's emails, stop throwing wood at the fire!
I agree completely. In fact, Merck should stop talking to anybody associated with the GNR forums. Merck has a hotline wired directly into Madison's brain, and not one credible piece of info has ever came out of that hotline. Sp1at has offered up a ton of rumours for a long time, and has never been able to back up a single one. We have been out of the loop for 13 years, and Merck severing ties with some of these mods on a power trip will not make things worse. Actually, it might make things a little better. No more mods bragging about their relationship with Merck, or  that they know what the 3rd single on CD is. Plus, we wont have as  many bullshit rumours coming from Sp1at, since they wont be able to claim any legitimacy in having connections to the GNR camp.

I agree because this is another example of bullshit from Madison over at mygnr.com from admin Madison:

I contacted Merck, and asked if there was any truth to the rumor that Axl's new album (I didn't call it Chinese Democracy in case the name has been changed) was handed to Sterling Sound on Nov. 17, 2005 for mastering.

He said "no!"

Just because she typed this and locked a thread about it we are supposed to take her word for it that she actually had contact with Merck?  Roll Eyes I don't believe anything unless Jarmo would post it because Jarmo is ethical and NEVER BUGS ANYONE FROM MANANGEMENT BECAUSE THAT IS NOT HIS STYLE SO THEREFORE, JARMO IS RESPECTED AND HTGTH IS RESPECTED BY SANCTUARY HENCE WHY THEY CHOSE THIS SITE TO HOST OVER ALL OTHERS.

I completly agree with what you say about this site and Jarmo!

Im going to put this out there, im not saying it applies to everybody because i know there are people on these boards who actually work in the music buisness and have genuine contacts! Now, the reason so many people have contact with Merck is down to two things, email and that wonderful little device called the Blackberry, this is why people can get almost instantaneous responses from the guy!. All anyone has to do is go to the Sanctuary Website, put two and two together and bam..... we can all rattle off emails and claim we have contact with Merck! I do feel kind of sorry for the guy, i can picture him at home doing whatever and suddenly the blackberry goes with another email from a Guns n Roses board asking him to confirm yet another rumour that came out of no where!

Jonx

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2006, 02:58:11 PM »

We only know one thing for certain-some type of Gnr material was given to Marino in Nov 05. Unfortunately, like Jarmo said, it could be a number of things. Those things could also have been given to him in Nov then taken away once the recluse decided to do something different. hihi

And the case will go unsloved.  yes

like this one, for instance, 
Ross Halfin wrote about the GH2 in his diary of 19th Nov 05. ( Tongue not hoffman, My bad.)
just a couple of days from 17th November, 2005

"We discuss the two versions of Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits Vol II. One is done by Axel's management. Slash says the track listing is good but the politics from Axel's management leave a lot to be desired. The other is done by Universal. Slash tells me he hasn't approved either, so who knows what'll come out. 'I haven't seen Axel since 1996!' "
 http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1490

Apparently the above part was deleted from his site. WTF.
I guess it's safe to assume the 2 versions were not of the new materials from GNR, if they did exist.

What have become of these and What the whole GH2 business was remain mysteries.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2006, 03:00:08 PM »

When did Jarmo interview Tommy Stinson?  Where can I find this interview?  I'd love to read it.
Here you are.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=129
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2006, 04:32:33 PM »

I agree completely. In fact, Merck should stop talking to anybody associated with the GNR forums. Merck has a hotline wired directly into Madison's brain, and not one credible piece of info has ever came out of that hotline. Sp1at has offered up a ton of rumours for a long time, and has never been able to back up a single one. We have been out of the loop for 13 years, and Merck severing ties with some of these mods on a power trip will not make things worse. Actually, it might make things a little better. No more mods bragging about their relationship with Merck, or? that they know what the 3rd single on CD is. Plus, we wont have as? many bullshit rumours coming from Sp1at, since they wont be able to claim any legitimacy in having connections to the GNR camp.

He said "no!"

Just because she typed this and locked a thread about it we are supposed to take her word for it that she actually had contact with Merck?? Roll Eyes I don't believe anything unless Jarmo would post it because Jarmo is ethical and NEVER BUGS ANYONE FROM MANANGEMENT BECAUSE THAT IS NOT HIS STYLE SO THEREFORE, JARMO IS RESPECTED AND HTGTH IS RESPECTED BY SANCTUARY HENCE WHY THEY CHOSE THIS SITE TO HOST OVER ALL OTHERS.

I completly agree with what you say about this site and Jarmo!

Im going to put this out there, im not saying it applies to everybody because i know there are people on these boards who actually work in the music buisness and have genuine contacts! Now, the reason so many people have contact with Merck is down to two things, email and that wonderful little device called the Blackberry, this is why people can get almost instantaneous responses from the guy!. All anyone has to do is go to the Sanctuary Website, put two and two together and bam..... we can all rattle off emails and claim we have contact with Merck! I do feel kind of sorry for the guy, i can picture him at home doing whatever and suddenly the blackberry goes with another email from a Guns n Roses board asking him to confirm yet another rumour that came out of no where!

Jonx

I am sure everyone remembers the Axl and Izzy are playing in a dive bar in buttfuck Georgia last February.

EVEN AFTER MERCK DENIED IT, PEOPLE STILL READ WAY TOO MUCH INTO IT AND TRIED TO SAY MERCK WAS LYING WHEN HE WAS NOT.

This whole SOMETHING IS MASTERING AND IT'S A COVER UP FOR CD AND HE WON'T REVEAL IT reminds me of that whole atlanta bar hoax.

GNR fans can't see reality.  When manangement denies something it's because it's NOT true, yet GNR fans try and still find truth to something that is non existant.

CD will be announced when it's ready and it'll be on every news site that is trustworthy and NO ONE will have to speculate jack shit.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »

Only in the GnR web-o-sphere can things can more negative after Axl says "People will hear new music this year." Roll Eyes

The way I see it, every forum provides its own service to the guns community-and it is a service (it's not like we're the ones paying the hosting fees). If you dislike a site, disbelieve what it says, etc. then don't go to it and don't discuss it if things are cross posted-some of us enjoy the speculation, no matter how out there it may seem at some point-it's entertaining at the very least, and at most it might turn out to be true, if not then no big loss. being uncivil and shitting on people is ultimately pretty pointless-as people have said, when it's ready you'll know-the whole f'n world will. ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2006, 05:47:04 PM »

He said "no!"

There is no reason not to believe Madison. She does have contact with Merck, however small, and I don't think she lies.

I do think Merck lies, though, probably to put people off the scent.

okay well Madison just received this reply from Merck:

Ok, I asked Merck why Mr. Marino lists an "unreleased album" from GNR on his "current projects" list. I asked if individual tracks had been sent to him - possibly for use on a soundtrack.

Merck said "No." He added, "He's just doing catalogue digital archiving for us."
He elaborated further by stating that Marino was ''converting old masters for the digital age."

So, I asked if this was related to the rumored release of another "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" album. He said, "no."

I would like to emphasize that Merck has always been honest with me. He has never lied about anything I've asked. In the past, if a rumor was true (such as the Buckethead departure one) and he wasn't ready to verify it, he just didn't respond. But he has never lied.

I just don't see why even bother Merck at all.? When CD is ready, NO ONE will have to ask anyone because we will all know.  We will have official release date, it'll be all over the media, etc.  I just think bothering Merck is ridiculous. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 05:50:24 PM by dolphin » Logged
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2006, 02:20:56 AM »

When did Jarmo interview Tommy Stinson?? Where can I find this interview?? I'd love to read it.
Here you are.

Thanks a million times.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2006, 03:12:08 AM »

When did Jarmo interview Tommy Stinson?  Where can I find this interview?  I'd love to read it.
Here you are.

Thanks a million times.

Lol.. its on the front page of HTGTH guys.. not that hard to find  ok.

gnrevolution.com
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2006, 08:27:30 AM »

okay well Madison just received this reply from Merck:

Ok, I asked Merck why Mr. Marino lists an "unreleased album" from GNR on his "current projects" list. I asked if individual tracks had been sent to him - possibly for use on a soundtrack.

Merck said "No." He added, "He's just doing catalogue digital archiving for us."
He elaborated further by stating that Marino was ''converting old masters for the digital age."

So, I asked if this was related to the rumored release of another "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" album. He said, "no."

I would like to emphasize that Merck has always been honest with me. He has never lied about anything I've asked. In the past, if a rumor was true (such as the Buckethead departure one) and he wasn't ready to verify it, he just didn't respond. But he has never lied.

Well, that would be a "good" reason to send them out to NYC...since he did the original mastering in the first place, it would make sense to have him involved in remastering them in digital format.

Interesting...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2006, 08:32:31 AM »

what do you mean remastering in digital format?

nevermind, I found it courtesy of wikipedia Grin

Remaster (and its derivations, frequently found in the phrases digitally remastered or digital remastering) is a word and concept ushered into the mass consciousness via the digital age, although it had existed before then. Frequently trumpeted with regard to CD and DVD releases, remastering has become a powerful buzzword in multimedia industries, and it generally implies some sort of upgrade to a previous, existing product (frequently designed to encourage people to part with their money for a new version of something they already own). For example, the reissue boom that began in the mid-nineties saw remastered versions of the back-catalogues of The Who, The Byrds and others, while remastered editions of first-generation DVD releases are similarly hot sellers. Despite its status as an industry buzzword, however, remastering actually refers to a fairly distinct process, one which does not inherently include the notion of a positive upgrade.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 08:36:43 AM by dolphin » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: