Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:17:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler: "I love Axl.. he's like a brother to me.. he's the greatest.. "
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler: "I love Axl.. he's like a brother to me.. he's the greatest.. "  (Read 8000 times)
badapple81
« on: February 10, 2006, 08:05:36 AM »

By Stephen Milton, Daily Post

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/entertainment/previewsandreviews/tm_objectid=16687858&method=full&siteid=50061&headline=tribute-acts-get-a-taste-of-reality--name_page.html
?
STEVEN ADLER is a busy man. So busy, in fact, that our conversation began in a hotel room in Hamburg and finished after a club gig in Gacchia, Italy.

Sadly, this was not due to my personal invitation to join a leg of the Adler's Appetite European tour. More to the point that he is quite a difficult man to catch, even on the phone.

"Its has been just, non stop, crazy for the last few months but I am loving every minute."

The original drummer for Guns n Roses, Adler played with the band in the late 80s and featured on their debut album, Appetite for Destruction which sold over 25 million copies worldwide and included the classic rock anthems, Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle and
Sweet Child o' Mine..

Unfortunately, drug addiction and internal feuding brought problems to the band and during the recording of their follow up album, Use Your Illusion, Steven was fired. The official reason was drug addiction but Adler maintains this wasn't the case.

"I didn't get really messed up until after I was kicked out," he explains.

Despite suffering a heart attack and a number of strokes from heavy drug abuse, Adler never stopped expressing his feelings for frontman Axl Rose, who he felt was instrumental in his sacking. In past interviews, he said "he made the best and most exciting times I'll ever experience
 feel like a complete pain in the ass".

However with the rumours of a reunion of the original line up, Adler's recent attitude has changed considerably.

"That's fabulous news," he says.

"To get my friendship back with Axl again would be fabulous. I haven't spoken to him in 15 years. He's like a brother to me. I love Axl, he's the greatest and so talented and such a nice, caring guy."

« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 08:10:12 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 09:56:51 AM »

However with the rumours of a reunion of the original line up, Adler's recent attitude has changed considerably.

Of course he'd say that!  hihi

"To get my friendship back with Axl again would be fabulous. I haven't spoken to him in 15 years. He's like a brother to me. I love Axl, he's the greatest and so talented and such a nice, caring guy."

I thought he didn't like Axl that much.....  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Evolution
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 10:21:23 AM »

Adler's attitude in his interviews varies depending on what drugs he is on at the time or something.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 11:32:47 AM »

do you guys realize there is a page 2?

----------------------
After languishing in rock 'n' roll limbo for nearly a decade, Steven overcame his addictions and put together Adler's Appetite four years ago.

The band play a mixture of Guns n Roses classics and original material and are set to release a follow-up EP to their self titled debut at the end of the year. Currently on a world tour, the group is set to play Liverpool as part of the Rock Off extravaganza , tonight and tomorrow.

"I'm so excited about playing in Liverpool, maybe more excited than anywhere else. The Cavern is rock history. It's the Beatles, which doesn't get more rock and roll than that," he says

Rock Off is a series of gigs and rock music conventions featuring tribute bands and special guests from bands including The Ramones and the Sex Pistols. Its the first in its kind to take place at the Cavern and will run throughout the year.

Playing the Cavern is appropriate for the man often compared to Pete Best.

"Why am I compared to Pete Best?," says Steven, "I got to play on the album, Pete didn't, that's the difference there. I got to play with the band at their most successful and if we got back together, we'd be bigger than Jesus."

* ADLER'S Appetite play tonight at The Cavern, Mathew Street and Guns 2 Roses play tomorrow night with Steven Adler as special guest as part of the Guns n Roses 12 hour convention at The Cavern. Tickets from Ticketmaster, Cavern and Rock Off from Me to You Superstore, Upper Floor, Cavern Walks Shopping Centre. www.rockoff.co.uk

Hahahaa god he is a fucking lunatic.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 12:00:47 PM »

Oh I just love how it says "he overcame his addictions"   rofl
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 02:09:34 PM »

obviously the person who wrote the article has his head up Steve's ass
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 02:18:02 PM »

Adler's attitude in his interviews varies depending on what drugs he is on at the time or something.
That is not true. I can't believe you would say that

His attitude varies based on who he can latch onto and make money to buy some new drugs. I am sure sniffinf paint looses its edge after a while so Popcorn has to play to everyone he worked with on Appetite to get $$ for a score.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
avesia
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »

Shocked
did adler actually say that?  Shocked
hell, this guy is REALLY confused... confused
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 03:29:37 PM »

How can I express my feelings and thoughts here?  Roll Eyes  rant  drool  Shocked  Huh

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
makane
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 03:37:09 PM »

I'd like to see Stevens face the day Guns N' Roses reunites with MATT SORUM  Grin

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 01:38:39 PM »

I'd like to see Stevens face the day Guns N' Roses reunites with MATT SORUM? Grin

hihi
I think the same

I almos feel like Communist China  hihi

No man can be my equal
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 02:21:42 PM »

By Stephen Milton, Daily Post

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/entertainment/previewsandreviews/tm_objectid=16687858&method=full&siteid=50061&headline=tribute-acts-get-a-taste-of-reality--name_page.html
?
STEVEN ADLER is a busy man. So busy, in fact, that our conversation began in a hotel room in Hamburg and finished after a club gig in Gacchia, Italy.

Sadly, this was not due to my personal invitation to join a leg of the Adler's Appetite European tour. More to the point that he is quite a difficult man to catch, even on the phone.

"Its has been just, non stop, crazy for the last few months but I am loving every minute."

The original drummer for Guns n Roses, Adler played with the band in the late 80s and featured on their debut album, Appetite for Destruction which sold over 25 million copies worldwide and included the classic rock anthems, Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle and
Sweet Child o' Mine..

Unfortunately, drug addiction and internal feuding brought problems to the band and during the recording of their follow up album, Use Your Illusion, Steven was fired. The official reason was drug addiction but Adler maintains this wasn't the case.

"I didn't get really messed up until after I was kicked out," he explains.

Despite suffering a heart attack and a number of strokes from heavy drug abuse, Adler never stopped expressing his feelings for frontman Axl Rose, who he felt was instrumental in his sacking. In past interviews, he said "he made the best and most exciting times I'll ever experience
 feel like a complete pain in the ass".

Kissing Axl's ass starts now for steve !!!
Then he'll ask Axl if he wants a blow job.  hihi

//JK
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 03:46:11 PM »

I'd like to see Stevens face the day Guns N' Roses reunites with MATT SORUM? Grin

Steven must be high as hell IF and that is a BIG IF GnR were to reunite that they would pick him. When Sorum is better and clean.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Evolution
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 04:12:53 PM »

That is not true. I can't believe you would say that

His attitude varies based on who he can latch onto and make money to buy some new drugs. I am sure sniffinf paint looses its edge after a while so Popcorn has to play to everyone he worked with on Appetite to get $$ for a score.

Either way, he has problems!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 12:27:12 AM »

Maybe he thinks he can pilfer 20% this time....  hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 01:57:16 AM »

could someone send him the new demos? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 12:19:33 AM »

Someone needs to tell Steven that Axl is not buying the next round of heroin so Steve can stop licking assholes.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 04:00:26 AM »

Someone needs to tell Steven that Axl is not buying the next round of heroin so Steve can stop licking assholes.

Shocked Shocked Shocked rofl rofl rofl rofl

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh....stops laughin'!!

man, its bloody sad right now for the guy, i only wish  the best 4 him!! no

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »

Axl in response: "No Steven is not getting back in the band! However my ass has been licked cleaner than ever, oddly enough"

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 10:35:11 AM »

lol. steven has his limits as a drumer. and hes on so much drugs still. not that that realy has an affect on my opinion. im mean the greatest bands ever where so messed up when your recorded and played. but it does get to the point of where you do so much your body cant handle it. steven got to that point. but i think matt is a better drumer, just cause of skill not cause of what album they where on.

AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 09:56:41 PM »

Guns N' Roses is being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a few years. But the people there say they want the original line-up. Izzy and Steven.

So there you go. That's as much of a reunion as you will see, and Steven WILL be there! Just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers
-AMS
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 10:23:19 PM »

Steven will be the only one there. Roll Eyes

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: