Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  when will CD get mastered?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: when will CD get mastered?  (Read 4391 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 10:57:02 AM »

well things leak. if songs can leak, than info that the album is getting masterd will definitely leak.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 11:39:47 AM »

well things leak. if songs can leak, than info that the album is getting masterd will definitely leak.

At the end of the day , I guess this is just one of those differences of opinions that there's just no way to prove one way or the other.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 11:41:13 AM »

that will be the real sign that the album will be definitely out this year.
so far we had no news of the cd getting mastered, and I guess it usually takes a few weeks to master.

We haven't had much news of anything about the recording process of CD, let alone news of it being mastered...  Shouldn't the mastering be done by now (considering the band's back on the road and the end of the year is coming up soon)?  I would have to assume so... but then again, you know what they say about making assumptions...

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 12:11:48 PM »

that will be the real sign that the album will be definitely out this year.
so far we had no news of the cd getting mastered, and I guess it usually takes a few weeks to master.

We haven't had much news of anything about the recording process of CD, let alone news of it being mastered...? Shouldn't the mastering be done by now (considering the band's back on the road and the end of the year is coming up soon)?? I would have to assume so... but then again, you know what they say about making assumptions...

9 months ago, we have had a mastering company put GNR up on the list of artists they are curently working with.
mastering is the last thing done. it takes a week or so.
release is usually done not long after that.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
King Sand
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 12:19:49 PM »

9 months ago, we have had a mastering company put GNR up on the list of artists they are curently working with.

Oh, so that said, wouldn't one be correct to assume that the mastering has been completed? Do you really think someone would make an announcement to the fact that this has been done?   

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 02:03:09 PM »

Oh, so that said, wouldn't one be correct to assume that the mastering has been completed? Do you really think someone would make an announcement to the fact that this has been done?? ?

there would be no reason to sit on a CD for a year. and if they were sitting on the mastered tracks for a year, they definitely would have leaked. also how come the head of interscope heard the 6 finished tracks only few days ago? why would Axl say that he doesnt have the album done yet in numerous interviews? I also think merck confirmed that the thing masterd in dec.05 was not CD. rumor was that it was GH 2, but was not confirmed.

King Sand
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 02:30:58 PM »

there would be no reason to sit on a CD for a year. and if they were sitting on the mastered tracks for a year, they definitely would have leaked.

I don't think this thing has been mastered a year ago!  I'm just going by the timeline that the band has been active and Axl's own remarks...  If anything, I think that they mastered this thing last month (or have just finished)...  Didn't Axl say that when they were done with the Euro tour, they'd go back and finish stuff up for CD?  I'm just assuming that would include the mastering...

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: