Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:06:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  my lord...Axl makes Scott look...simple.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: my lord...Axl makes Scott look...simple.  (Read 15694 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: February 19, 2006, 10:33:39 PM »

not to bash scott, i used to like stp alot, and i like VR b/c of the GnR boys.....but holy shite, axl just dwarfs scott in any and every category possible....i mean lyric-wise, its a joke....axl is a genius and scott is a schoolboy.

again, nothing against scott, but axl rose still rules this world. when cd drops, its going to explode......n dont forget, mtv loves axl rose and gnr, so the youth are going to know whats going on too...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 10:38:17 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out to the VR fans here, we are all the better for having heard that Roll Eyes

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 10:49:07 PM »

dude, i like VR too....i think we all know deep down, even the members of VR, that scott...kinda....sucks....
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 10:59:44 PM »

dude, i like VR too....i think we all know deep down, even the members of VR, that scott...kinda....sucks....

That's your opinion... This thread was pointless.. I think Scott is a great songwriter and I happen to like his lyrics.... If you really want to get into it, I think Axl's voice sucks now (most of the time)..? Same for his lyrics and his new band or atleast the music they write......

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 11:12:22 PM »

No, we don't all think that.

It's like comparing apples and oranges, Axl and Scott are two different frontmen who both have their strengths and weaknesses. I find it silly making comparisons, I'd much rather enjoy music from both bands beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 11:42:34 PM »

I hate this right now.  If we had the reunion, we would all get along so much better.  Axl can't sing live.  VR live is a superior band, but on a CD, Axl can get his voice where he needs it.  I must admit, Axl is on another level lyrically and musically in comparison to Scott.  Fall to Pieces is a good example.  Scott is a great frontman, in the last 20 years he is only second to Axl.  I can't wait for VR's next album. 
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 12:02:13 AM »

It's funny how people can see the same thing, but get such different impressions from it. For instance, I am seriously embarrassed for axl rose nowadays. He looks & sounds so retarded it's sad for me to look at him in pics & concert vids. I hate that people know that I used to be a fan of the guy (AFD era). I know there's only like a 100 or so fans that actually post in the fake GNR section, but what can they possibly see in that act.  Does nobody else pay attention to the OIAM lyrics where even Axl knows that he's one in a million, he's a shooting star. Shooting stars fade out, just like Axl Rose did a long, long time ago.

Meanwhile, Weiland & VR  just continue to rock.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 02:17:16 AM »

^^^^ seriously now....

comparing Axl Rose to Scott is like comparing Jesus to my 5th grade teacher....they're both good, but one is much better then the other at what they do!

1993, 1999, 2002, 2006...pick a year, axl is head and shoulders above scott.....whatever, old argument
kenny_yayo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 02:43:31 AM »

Hey everybody, where did Mary go?
Where did Mary go?
And where's my only cigarette?
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 02:48:17 AM »

I'll pick 2002 Botaxl to 2005 Weiland.

Whaxl shows up on MTV in full wigger mode. Making himself the laughingstock of the musical world for running out of breath & sounding like shit. Then attempts to tour, only to cancel it because hardly anyone bought tickets. In the shows he made it to, I thought he sounded like a fat 13 year old boy singing. He also obviously was pumped full of botox & had perhaps the worst hairdo ever sported by a 40 year old male. ?hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

A 2005 version of Scott Weiland successfully tours the world, plays with numerous other well resected artists, makes an interesting solo appearence, wins a grammy, sells shitloads of records, sounds better than ever in concert & most importantly, never once comes off as an over the hill hasbeen.

You gotta quit living in 1988 & realize the joke that you are taking seriously.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 03:22:30 AM »

I don't understand why people have to "pick sides"

I love Velvet Revolver with their "crappy" frontman. And I love the "fake" GNR.

Roll Eyes grow up people.

-jack

EDIT: In all fairness though.. this thread is totally pointless in the VR section... so.. whoever started it.. don't go around starting crap for now reason.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 03:25:08 AM by -Jack- » Logged

gnrevolution.com
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 03:45:33 AM »

not to bash scott, i used to like stp alot, and i like VR b/c of the GnR boys.....but holy shite, axl just dwarfs scott in any and every category possible....i mean lyric-wise, its a joke....axl is a genius and scott is a schoolboy.

again, nothing against scott, but axl rose still rules this world. when cd drops, its going to explode......n dont forget, mtv loves axl rose and gnr, so the youth are going to know whats going on too...

nah not bash scott. Shocked Cheesy

MTV loves axl rose no doubt, but never say mtv loves this gnr, they loved the old..

I'm glad someon needed to come here and start this thread...

With some of you if axl did nickleback's photograph you would all be saying how profound it is the story how radio friendly and catchy it is, story about his childhood and friends etc.. Some of you just bash to bash when it comes to vr

Not hard to like TWo bands, have seen both and will again.. ok
Megaguns
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 04:33:51 AM »

Where did Mary go?
Somebody fill me in on what this guys talking about?
Very strange first post, This is definately Axl Rose hihi
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 04:35:30 AM »

Stick to your side of the board.

Fuck 'Em All.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 05:00:07 AM »

Where did Mary go?
Somebody fill me in on what this guys talking about?
Very strange first post, This is definately Axl Rose hihi

it's a song from core... I think it's the last one.. I forget but I do know it's scott talking
Megaguns
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 05:20:35 AM »

wet my bed?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 06:41:07 AM »

I have to agree, these new Axl songs are better (lyrically and singing wise) than Scott's work on Contraband. But Scott wrote a lot of good lyrics before and I hope he can do better.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 07:20:08 AM »

it's stupid to compare 'em, they are tottaly different. not better or worse, jus' different

Chinese Democracy!
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 04:04:26 PM »

Axl fans make me -  rofl rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

Axl hasnt even comeback yet why do the trashtalking now? As we all know in recent years, Axl is capable of having a terrible performence. Scott is not known for this. So at least wait until Axl does something relevent again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: