Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227998 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The official "Post radio stations that have played the demos" thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The official "Post radio stations that have played the demos" thread  (Read 19362 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2006, 07:34:42 PM »

93.3 wmmr played the clips around 5:30 today.

i've heard the DJ (Jaxon) rip Axl in the past. and he said both songs "blow".

he took a bunch of calls and everyone of them was negative. they all agreed the songs sounded like shit.

People in Philadelphia don't like the current lineup of Guns N' Roses?

Gee, I wonder why.

hihi
pjv3244
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2006, 07:37:42 PM »

107.3 WAAF Boston played IRS at about 6:30 pm Thursday
Mistress Carrie.

She has been bashing Axl since the day GN'R ceased to exsist. She said it didn't sound like Axl.

AAF sucks ass! They have been playing shit like Linkin Park, Creed, Godsmack (who they love) and Limp Bizkit for the past 6+ years, fuck AAF. WBCN is by far the best station of Boston.

WAAF in Boston is now playing IRS at the top of every hour, and they even have a promo/teaser playing during commercials for it.

I think they stream online too..... WAAF.com

--pjv
pjv3244
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2006, 07:39:09 PM »

107.3 WAAF Boston played IRS at about 6:30 pm Thursday
Mistress Carrie.

She has been bashing Axl since the day GN'R ceased to exsist. She said it didn't sound like Axl.

AAF sucks ass! They have been playing shit like Linkin Park, Creed, Godsmack (who they love) and Limp Bizkit for the past 6+ years, fuck AAF. WBCN is by far the best station of Boston.

WAAF in Boston is now playing IRS at the top of every hour, and they even have a promo/teaser playing during commercials for it.

I think they stream online too..... WAAF.com

--pjv

Sorry....just checked a different thread.  I guess this is old news now.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2006, 07:41:53 PM »

he took a bunch of calls and everyone of them was negative. they all agreed the songs sounded like shit.

Gee, I wonder why.

hihi

finally a caller said the DJ was just being negative cause he hates axl (for many reasons, including the cancelled show).

the DJ said, yes i hate axl, but i'm keeping an open mind on anything axl releases cause he's so talented. he called appetite the greatest rock album of all time. and he said if CD ever comes out, he will listen to it and he's sure there will be at least a couple good songs on there. but that he honestly thinks these two "really blow".

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2006, 07:54:27 PM »

Gee, I wonder why.

hihi

finally a caller said the DJ was just being negative cause he hates axl (for many reasons, including the cancelled show).

the DJ said, yes i hate axl, but i'm keeping an open mind on anything axl releases cause he's so talented. he called appetite the greatest rock album of all time. and he said if CD ever comes out, he will listen to it and he's sure there will be at least a couple good songs on there. but that he honestly thinks these two "really blow".

Better is a terrific song. It doesn't blow. A critic can say that it doesn't do anything for them b/c of the mix, the guitars, the vocasl.... but he dismisses the song without explanation. lame.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
lanceman16
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2006, 11:24:28 PM »

Not sure if this is new news.  This is my first time posting.  None of you will believe me if it is new but here goes.  Listening to 99.1 WPLR this morning on way to work.  DJs highlight GNR preview tune 'IRS' and play a sampling of it.  I heard some.  Some they talked over (I couldn't believe they didn't just pipe down).  Anyways, good song from what I heard.  Axl has high voice, medium tempo tune.  Sounded like an electric acoustic guitar to start up and electronic drum beat - sounded bubbly to me.  Anyway, has great rythem.  Axl did sound really good...All in all, it sounded better than I would have expected.  Only legibly heard a few lyrics 'Gonna call the IRS, Gonna call the FBI'...Again DJs were talking over it.  If this is news, call 99.1 WPLR in CT for verification.  Anyways, it was fun to hear.  Hopefully, I will post more often and look forward to your comments.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2006, 04:02:44 PM »

I rarely listen to the radio anymore.  Does anyone know if IRS is still being played by the stations that were playing it yesterday?  Has there been an C&D issued from management or the label to the radio stations that were playing it?  It seems odd, because last time when it got played on the Eddie Trunk show they received a C&D within minutes of playing it and never played it again. 
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2006, 04:03:44 PM »

Maybe GNR mgmt sees the value of the leaks as free promotion if indeed CD is coming soon

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2006, 04:04:30 PM »

yeah, they played it two times here in detroit today already....
gunnermatt2004
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2006, 04:17:59 AM »

hey guys a station called the rock radio just played "THE BLUES" even though it was the live version and i don't know that station as i am from australia i just found it on the net
Megaguns
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2006, 05:19:27 AM »

i WAS WONDERING IF ANY AUSSIE STATIONS ARE PLAYING THEM. i emailed triple m in sydney to ask, but im not gonna help them get the music.
badapple81
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2006, 05:22:40 AM »

i WAS WONDERING IF ANY AUSSIE STATIONS ARE PLAYING THEM. i emailed triple m in sydney to ask, but im not gonna help them get the music.

Triple M are too busy playing Missy Higgins and Phil Collins.

Triple M are no longer a rock station. I don't think Australia has one now.
gunnermatt2004
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2006, 05:24:46 AM »

Goodpoint australian rock stations suck they only play the old gunners songs
Megaguns
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2006, 05:27:32 AM »

Triple M are too busy playing Missy Higgins and Phil Collins.

Triple M are no longer a rock station. I don't think Australia has one now.
we got some pretty good ones here in tasmania, but i dont know if the copyright laws are different here than the U.S and so forth.
badapple81
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2006, 05:31:44 AM »

I occasionaly here SCOM. A couple of years ago WTTJ and SCOM and a few years ago all the hits.

I'd love to know of some other rock stations here in Sydney but as far as I know MMM are the only one, and they have just lost the plot.
Megaguns
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2006, 05:45:41 AM »

Thats pretty weird, when i used to live in sydney i remember mmm playing all good shit. Its not uncommon to hear YCBM, Paradise city, KOHD, LALD, SCOM,WTTJ sometimes a few in the same day on my local station. It rocks, Down here its all metal and hard rock, I see gunners shirts constantly.
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2006, 05:50:09 AM »

I occasionaly here SCOM. A couple of years ago WTTJ and SCOM and a few years ago all the hits.

I'd love to know of some other rock stations here in Sydney but as far as I know MMM are the only one, and they have just lost the plot.

Yeah I occasionally hear SCOM on MMM, and in fact I heard it on 104.3 Gold FM the other day  nervous

A few days ago I heard Don't Cry on Nova 100.3 ... it was a phone in poll, whether you wanted to hear Don't Cry by GNR or Wonderwall by Oasis.... Guns won with 66% of the vote.
gunnermatt2004
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2006, 05:50:30 AM »

triple mmm are just corporate whores who go where the advertising revenue is best so i'm not surprised about the melbourne triple mmm.
yeah ur right about the crap music they play too
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:15 PM »

I go to Penn State University and while driving home on Friday night just outside of State College PA I heard IRS on 98.7 QuickRock...The guy who broadcast it said "Well there it is...and I don't know what to say. I feel like after 10 years I should listen to that song and it should blow my face off, I should be sitting here faceless. But it didn't. I'm not going to give it a thumbs up, but I'm not going to give it a thumbs down...I give it a thumbs in the middle."

Just thought it was interesting Smiley
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2006, 11:07:55 PM »

I go to Penn State University and while driving home on Friday night just outside of State College PA I heard IRS on 98.7 QuickRock...The guy who broadcast it said "Well there it is...and I don't know what to say. I feel like after 10 years I should listen to that song and it should blow my face off, I should be sitting here faceless. But it didn't. I'm not going to give it a thumbs up, but I'm not going to give it a thumbs down...I give it a thumbs in the middle."

Just thought it was interesting Smiley

Did he mention that it was an un-mixed, un-finished demo?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: