Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The IRS discussion thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The IRS discussion thread  (Read 78536 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2005, 05:12:29 PM »

I can't believe I'm on a GNR site and I can't get the direct link to download the song.? Do some of you guys actually think that your in the band or close to them, and your afraid of hurting there feelings??

The song is already leeked, there is nothing now that the managment nor Axl can do.? Do I like GNR?? Do I respect GNR?? Yes, Yes, but the fact of the matter, is that the song has already been leeked.? I already listened to the 30 second clip but can't get ahold of the longer version.? I thought I could come on here and get a direct link, but I guess not.?

Some of you guys take this stuff way too seriously.? ?

Were FANS!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2005, 05:24:48 PM »

Quality aside, there's things I like and don't like about IRS. Axl's voice and the rythm guitars are the highlight (especially that scream), and I think the chorus is catchy. The song needs rearranging in parts, and Axl needs to let it breathe a little. Buckethead's solo is fast, but I'm not sure its very original, I've heard him do better.

Overall 7/10 but with a little work I think it could be an 8 or 9. I'd like to hear a little more about it as opposed to 'not even in the top 10 though'.

Here today...ready to rock
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2005, 05:25:23 PM »

I can't believe I'm on a GNR site and I can't get the direct link to download the song. ?Do some of you guys actually think that your in the band or close to them, and your afraid of hurting there feelings? ?

The song is already leeked, there is nothing now that the managment nor Axl can do. ?Do I like GNR? ?Do I respect GNR? ?Yes, Yes, but the fact of the matter, is that the song has already been leeked. ?I already listened to the 30 second clip but can't get ahold of the longer version. ?I thought I could come on here and get a direct link, but I guess not. ?

Some of you guys take this stuff way too seriously. ?

Were FANS!

one word: Lawsuit

No one wants to get sued. By sharing the song on asite the owner is potentially liable to get sued by the bands management

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2005, 05:25:36 PM »

I DL it from this place... daaa

I've said this B4 on this board and I will say it again, back in like 99 - 00, dont rele remember when. But it was about 6 months B4 the first tour, I DL 4 or 5 tracks off Ch Dem using limewire. I deleted them because I didnt know how important they were, I just figured everyone had em. I then found out that no one else had em and tryed to recover them but no luck. Me and a friend listened to em. So they have been around for a very long time...

And I dont care wut anyone else thinks.

And what did they sound like?... Well just like all the shit we've heard so far...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2005, 05:30:57 PM »

I can't believe I'm on a GNR site and I can't get the direct link to download the song.? Do some of you guys actually think that your in the band or close to them, and your afraid of hurting there feelings??

The song is already leeked, there is nothing now that the managment nor Axl can do.? Do I like GNR?? Do I respect GNR?? Yes, Yes, but the fact of the matter, is that the song has already been leeked.? I already listened to the 30 second clip but can't get ahold of the longer version.? I thought I could come on here and get a direct link, but I guess not.?

Some of you guys take this stuff way too seriously.? ?

Were FANS!

I am not one of those who says you shouldn`t hear IRS because...........(insert reason here)

I think the more who hear it the better.

But... I understand why you can`t find it here. I speculate that Jarmo doesn`t want to piss off GNR`s management, their wishes are not to distribute unsolicited material. You piss off GNR~s management, you can have doors shut in your face like exclusive interviews, etc. And there`s the whole legal side to it. You can have a lawsuit on your hands if you post IRS.

If you really want the full version of IRS it is out there, you just have to look hard enough.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2005, 05:31:04 PM »

Anyone think the band put the song out on purpose? to stir a little news or somehting? it could be a version they worked on years ago and the finished version sounds alot different?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2005, 05:31:51 PM »

My take on the song is it is a very good song. 9 out of 10. Great lyrics with a chorus you cant get out of your head

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2005, 05:36:36 PM »

I haven't heard it yet? crying it seems to be takin' down from all the original places that it could be found.
So is it mostly guitar based or what? Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2005, 05:41:05 PM »

Izzy, i've listened to it twice and that's it. the quality is that bad.
It might be guitar driven but it's hard to hear anything, it's 2005 and the sound quality is more like the eighties  Tongue

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2005, 05:42:37 PM »

well i for one do not like bh's solo.  it does not fit the song at all.  you have a bluesy, heavy guitar riff throughout, and then this speed attack tapping machine going crazy at the end.  and to whoever said bh's solo doesn't sound that original, i swear most of his solos that aren't plain bizzare sound similar to me. 

also, it seems as though the transitions are really bad.  it goes from heavy to light and back without anything to make the move.  granted, this stuff may be added as the demo was worked on. 

i can only hope that not every song on cd has a roaring bh solo on it.  blues doesn't, maddy doesn't, even chinese democracy really doesn't.  that makes me think that those are really old songs that were finished before bh came to the project.  i would guess that means irs is newer, but thats speculation.  anyways, i hope finck and fortus put forth more bluesy solos like we all know they can that slow the tempo but keep those great bends in there.  just my 2 cents...

Mike
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2005, 05:47:21 PM »

My review?Cool

Good points (x6):
- Axl's voice, this is the highligh of the song. His voice is Fantastic (have you heard that scream? Shocked)
- Good rythm, not too fast, not too slow, I like it.
- Good chorus
- good first little bluesy guitar solo (richard? robin?)
- Most of people don't speak enough about it: Tommy does a GREAT job on bass.
- It's just a demo, it means the final version will be better. Great potencial

Bad points (x2):
- Buckethead shred guitar solo, no feeling, heartless, useless. Bad, very bad. Must be erased or replaced.
- Rythm box there and then (real drums sound always better)

Note: 7/10 (could evolve to 8/10 with a good studio version)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:34:11 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2005, 05:52:03 PM »

(have you heard that scream? Shocked)
No. Somebody give me the goddamn track? crying

Izzy, i've listened to it twice and that's it. the quality is that bad.
It might be guitar driven but it's hard to hear anything, it's 2005 and the sound quality is more like the eighties Tongue
Better quality than the Hollywood Rose recordings? Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2005, 05:52:14 PM »

I DL it from this place... daaa

I've said this B4 on this board and I will say it again, back in like 99 - 00, dont rele remember when. But it was about 6 months B4 the first tour, I DL 4 or 5 tracks off Ch Dem using limewire. I deleted them because I didnt know how important they were, I just figured everyone had em. I then found out that no one else had em and tryed to recover them but no luck. Me and a friend listened to em. So they have been around for a very long time...

And I dont care wut anyone else thinks.

And what did they sound like?... Well just like all the shit we've heard so far...

I just got done listening to the real song that will probebly be on the CD. Theres lots of lil shit u CANT hear in the sound clip thats going around right now. Very bad ass song. Here are the lyrics...

I think your full of shit. You just finished listening to a version of IRS that is much clearer and that will most probably be on cd? And before that you deleted them and couldn't recover it..........then how did you finish listening to a good quality version of IRS? bullshit.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 05:53:51 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2005, 05:54:28 PM »

^^^^^^^ yeah i agree, bs definitely. 

Mike
jgfnsr
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2005, 05:56:28 PM »

Whatever your opinion on the 7 songs we've heard so from the new band, anyone else think none of them (except perhaps the title track) are among those that will be on the new album?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2005, 05:57:36 PM »

I really like IRS, Axl's scream with Buckets solo its just awesome Axl still has it!

EEEERRRR Little boy
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2005, 06:01:43 PM »

am i the only one that loves the music but doesnt like axl voice at all?

i mean the first time i heard didnt reminded me of axl at ALL , sounded like a high pitched girl singing to be honest.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2005, 06:05:11 PM »

Just a point to anyone who dislikes the lyrics.. considering this is a demo, the lyrics may have changed by now.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2005, 06:07:56 PM »

I heard it now ?Wink
Axl sounds like a woman Angry
I like the song, it's great. It reminds me of The Immigrant Song Smiley

I give it five thumbs up out of five
?? ok? ok? ok? ok? ok

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2005, 06:10:11 PM »

Just a point to anyone who dislikes the lyrics.. considering this is a demo, the lyrics may have changed by now.

yeah, and not only that...........we are not even sure what Axl sings on the demo, lots of stuff to be transcribed. And it's realy hard to hear. So the lyrics people read now, or what they make of the demo themselves, could be all wrong. That goes for me too. But so far I really dig what he sings.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: